PDA

View Full Version : abt that wellness food

September 29th 05, 03:59 AM
made by old mother hubbard, Moe & Rudy won't touch it, the refuse to
even take one bite of it and they have never turned down any other type
of cat food

lynn

---MIKE---
September 29th 05, 01:36 PM
Lynn wrote:

>>made by old mother hubbard, Moe &
>> Rudy won't touch it, the refuse to even
>> take one bite of it and they have never
>> turned down any other type of cat food

What flavor did you try? I use the chicken flavor and Amber and Tiger
love it. Maybe they just didn't like the flavor you tried.

---MIKE---
>>In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
>> (44=B0 15' N - Elevation 1580')

Elizabeth Blake
> made by old mother hubbard, Moe & Rudy won't touch it, the refuse to
> even take one bite of it and they have never turned down any other type
> of cat food
>
> lynn

My two cats at home love it. I feed them all of the non-fish flavors -
chicken, beef & chicken and turkey. They like them all equally.
They'll also eat Science Diet (non-fish flavors) and Petguard. I can't
remember my home cats turning down any wet food, except Iams (even when
Iams was a "good" brand).

At work, Harriet will eat Wellness (seems to prefer chicken) but Stinky
won't touch it. Stinky is always worried about when her next meal will
arrive, but she won't eat Wellness. I gave it to her last week and she
kept following me around, screaming, and leading me back to her bowl to
show me that the stuff was inedible. I opened a can of her favorite
Science Diet Light and she was happy.

--
Liz

Barb
September 29th 05, 03:47 PM
My cats have turned very cool to any of the Wellness chicken-plain, with
lobster or with beef.

We don't do much of the fish so they are down to Wellness Turkey plain or in
combo, and Wellness dry food. But don't they want more variety?

--
Barb
Of course I don't look busy,

5cats
September 29th 05, 06:44 PM
Elizabeth Blake wrote:

> I gave it to her last week and she
> kept following me around, screaming, and leading me back to her bowl to
> show me that the stuff was inedible.

And *some* people say cats aren't good at communicating!

Joe Canuck

> made by old mother hubbard, Moe & Rudy won't touch it, the refuse to
> even take one bite of it and they have never turned down any other type
> of cat food
>
> lynn

I'm not a fan of the Wellness food considering the recent supply
problems where the company didn't communicate with the public about it.

Unfortunately, it is all about reputation... Old Mother Hubbard didn't
do their reputation any good with that little episode.

-L.
> made by old mother hubbard, Moe & Rudy won't touch it, the refuse to
> even take one bite of it and they have never turned down any other type
> of cat food
>
> lynn

LOL..you are lucky - most cats turn their noses up at many different
brands of food...

-L.

Elizabeth Blake
September 30th 05, 03:27 AM
"5cats" > wrote in message
> Elizabeth Blake wrote:
>
>> I gave it to her last week and she
>> kept following me around, screaming, and leading me back to her bowl to
>> show me that the stuff was inedible.
>
> And *some* people say cats aren't good at communicating!

Stinky has led people into my office, sat in front of the tall filing
cabinet looking up at the top drawer (where the food is kept), and begun
screaming at whoever she brought in. She really is amazing at getting her
point across. She's got me trained to follow her back to her "safe" area
when she wants attention. She'll come in the office, yell at me and run out
when I reach down to pet her. If I ignore her, she'll come back in and do
it again. And again and again and again, until I get up. Then she'll head
for her safe area in the back of the basement, constantly looking back to
make sure I'm following. Once there, she'll jump onto her cat condo and
wait for the loving. If I ignore her long enough she starts getting
frantic. She even has a special little meow she makes *only* in her safe
zone after she's lured me back there.

--
Liz

Steve Crane
October 1st 05, 01:22 AM
Joe Canuck wrote:
> wrote:
> I'm not a fan of the Wellness food considering the recent supply
> problems where the company didn't communicate with the public about it.
>
> Unfortunately, it is all about reputation... Old Mother Hubbard didn't
> do their reputation any good with that little episode.

Perhaps changes in management and the sale of their only manufacturing
facility.

OLD MOTHER HUBBARD APPOINTS NEW PRESIDENT - Old Mother Hubbard, a
provider of all-natural human-grade pet foods and treats, has appointed
Deborah Ellinger to president. In her new role, she has full
responsibility for the day-to-day operations of the company, and
oversees the Old Mother Hubbard, Wellness, and Neura brands. Ellinger
lives in Wellesley with her husband, Vernon, two children, and their
dog./Wellesley Townsman/9/29/05/

Interestingly, Ellinger has been with OMH only one year and joined OMH
as the COO in September 2004. She was previously executive vice
president of CVS Pharmacy, senior vice president of Staples, a partner
of The Boston Consulting Group and vice president of Mellon Financial
Services./Petfood Industry E-Newsletter/9/8/04/

Late Nite Doris via CatKB.com
October 2nd 05, 03:36 AM
I stopped using it...It changed radically from when I first started buying it
at the beginning of the year, it's become very oily and smelly. Plus, their
problems are so public, why take risks? Too bad, because it had such a good
reputation. Since this is a special cat food, not known to the general public,
that decline will be hard to overcome.