PDA

View Full Version : making cat house?

September 29th 05, 04:33 AM
you know those expensive ones that they can climb on and strach

lady at SPCA said go out in wood. get tall thick wood w/heavy branches

how then would you attach it to stand up, I'm in an apartment...can't
be anything too heavy duty

lynn

Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.
Oscar Wilde

---MIKE---
September 29th 05, 01:30 PM
Lynn wrote:

>>how then would you attach it to stand
>> up, I'm in an apartment...can't be
>> anything too heavy duty

I think you are referring to a cat TREE. I got a piece of tubing from a
carpet store and wound it tightly with 1/4 inch sisal rope (about 4 feet
high). To mount it, I got a piece of PVC pipe that fits inside the
tube. The pipe is set into a pipe flange which is then screwed onto a
3/4 inch plywood base. To provide stability, the base should be at
least 3 feet square.
Here is a picture:

http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/View?u=3D1777604&a=3D13746150&p=3D60119048=
&Sequence=3D8&res=3Dhigh

---MIKE---
>>In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
>> (44=B0 15' N - Elevation 1580')

Joe Canuck

> you know those expensive ones that they can climb on and strach
>
> lady at SPCA said go out in wood. get tall thick wood w/heavy branches
>
> how then would you attach it to stand up, I'm in an apartment...can't
> be anything too heavy duty
>
> lynn
>

> Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.
> Oscar Wilde

Dogs have houses, cats have trees. :)

Do a Google search with the following keywords: build cat tree

....and you will come across a myriad of ideas & plans.