PDA

View Full Version : bald spot

catbirdgirl@yahoo.com
September 29th 05, 05:42 PM
I've just noticed that my cat has a 2 inch bald spot on his chest that
he has scratched furless in the last day or 2. he had a scratch there
last week, but now it's unhaired!

how long should I keep an eye on this to see if it needs to go to the
vet?

and is there anything I should do to encourage him NOT to scratch it?
or to clean it?

Chris
September 29th 05, 10:24 PM
wrote in news:1128012135.800910.142660
@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

> I've just noticed that my cat has a 2 inch bald spot on his chest that
> he has scratched furless in the last day or 2. he had a scratch there
> last week, but now it's unhaired!

Is there anything upsetting him? Sometimes cats overgroom when they
are stressed. If he had a scratch last week maybe the spot still hurts or
itches. Is he an indoor cat?

catbirdgirl@yahoo.com
September 30th 05, 04:15 AM
he's an indoor cat.... we moved 2 months ago and we are living with my
partner now...

Chris
September 30th 05, 04:22 AM
wrote in news:1128050100.842368.264470
@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

> he's an indoor cat.... we moved 2 months ago and we are living with my
> partner now...

You know, cats are such creatures of habit. That is a lot of change.
I think most cats would have some sort of reaction over changing
residences and acquiring another human in the household. You can
soothe him by paying a little more attention to him, and if you
Google "feliway" you will find places you can order this stuff that
you plug in like an air freshener that calms cats. It worked for me.
How did he get scratched, do you know?

catbirdgirl@yahoo.com
September 30th 05, 07:19 PM
no idea. he also has a little feline chin acne, too.