PDA

View Full Version : Can cats not eat pork?


Ajanta
September 29th 05, 08:05 PM
Quite clearly, cat food seems to be derived not from what cats would
eat but from what humans eat: beef, chicken, turkey, tuna, etc.

However, I also notice a conspicuous absence of one very popular and
common human staple from cat foods: pork.

Why is that? Can cats not eat pork? Is it harmful to them?

whitershadeofpale
September 29th 05, 08:28 PM
Ajanta wrote:
> Quite clearly, cat food seems to be derived not from what cats would
> eat but from what humans eat: beef, chicken, turkey, tuna, etc.
>
> However, I also notice a conspicuous absence of one very popular and
> common human staple from cat foods: pork.
>
> Why is that? Can cats not eat pork? Is it harmful to them?

A pig is a filthy animal

Sure bacon tastes good, and yeah
sewer rat might taste like pumpkin pie

but a SWINE is still a filthy animal

I mean, what other animal rolls in it's own feces..

Just my thought on it

-L.
September 29th 05, 08:33 PM
whitershadeofpale wrote:
> Ajanta wrote:
> > Quite clearly, cat food seems to be derived not from what cats would
> > eat but from what humans eat: beef, chicken, turkey, tuna, etc.
> >
> > However, I also notice a conspicuous absence of one very popular and
> > common human staple from cat foods: pork.
> >
> > Why is that? Can cats not eat pork? Is it harmful to them?
>
> A pig is a filthy animal
>
> Sure bacon tastes good, and yeah
> sewer rat might taste like pumpkin pie
>
> but a SWINE is still a filthy animal
>
> I mean, what other animal rolls in it's own feces..
>
> Just my thought on it

No yours, Jules'.

-L.

-L.
September 29th 05, 08:35 PM
Ajanta wrote:
> Quite clearly, cat food seems to be derived not from what cats would
> eat but from what humans eat: beef, chicken, turkey, tuna, etc.
>
> However, I also notice a conspicuous absence of one very popular and
> common human staple from cat foods: pork.
>
> Why is that?

Pork biproducts by and large go into hot dogs and bologna. They are
too expensive for cat food.


Can cats not eat pork? Is it harmful to them?

They can and will eat pork. My cats love pork.

-L.

Ajanta
September 29th 05, 08:35 PM
whitershadeofpale > wrote:

: A pig is a filthy animal

My point was, pork is sold for human consumption. Why is it absent from
canned cat food?

whitershadeofpale
September 29th 05, 08:40 PM
Ajanta wrote:
> whitershadeofpale > wrote:
>
> : A pig is a filthy animal
>
> My point was, pork is sold for human consumption. Why is it absent from
> canned cat food?

Your point has been duly noted and has been taken into consideration;

uuuhiiiii think you're up to something..

JUST say it.

You fed your cat a pork chop now that cat is sleepy as hell and you're
scared

Ted Davis
September 29th 05, 09:20 PM
On Thu, 29 Sep 2005 19:05:59 GMT, Ajanta > wrote:

>Quite clearly, cat food seems to be derived not from what cats would
>eat but from what humans eat: beef, chicken, turkey, tuna, etc.
>
>However, I also notice a conspicuous absence of one very popular and
>common human staple from cat foods: pork.
>
>Why is that? Can cats not eat pork? Is it harmful to them?

A couple of thoughts.
Laws and regulations regarding the handling of pork and pork scraps
a animal food abound and differ widly from place to place.
Vendors would have to be especially careful which stores got the
pork products and who handled it because of the religious prohibitions
surrounding it - you could not ship it to stores in Jewish or Muslim
areas, nor could it be handled in transit by observant Jews or
Muslims. Mistakes could have serious consequencies.

--
T.E.D. )
SPAM filter: Messages to this address *must* contain "T.E.D."
somewhere in the body or they will be automatically rejected.

No More Retail
September 29th 05, 09:23 PM
The other person is right pork is an expensive by product unlike a cow where
every part is used some how

My cats love it when we cook up a ham they get the fat off of it.

And ignore some of the other trolls that I can see responded WE do

Ajanta
September 29th 05, 09:28 PM
whitershadeofpale > wrote:

: JUST say it.
:
: You fed your cat a pork chop now that cat is sleepy as hell and you're
: scared

Would be funny but no, nothing exciting like that!

I just notices that commercial cat food cans mention beef, chicken,
turkey, tuna, fish, shrimp, mackerel, trout, crab, lobster, duck, ...,
wheat, corn, rice, tomato, ... only not pork!

There must be a reason.

cybercat
September 29th 05, 09:45 PM
"Ajanta" > wrote in message
...
> whitershadeofpale > wrote:
>
> : JUST say it.
> :
> : You fed your cat a pork chop now that cat is sleepy as hell and you're
> : scared
>
> Would be funny but no, nothing exciting like that!
>
> I just notices that commercial cat food cans mention beef, chicken,
> turkey, tuna, fish, shrimp, mackerel, trout, crab, lobster, duck, ...,
> wheat, corn, rice, tomato, ... only not pork!
>
> There must be a reason.

I have never noticed this before. I wonder if it is because of the
trichiwhois
worm that lives in raw pork, the one that can cause such problems if the
meat is not cooked at high enough temperatures?

Chuck
September 29th 05, 11:01 PM
Ajanta > wrote in message ...
> whitershadeofpale > wrote:
>
> : JUST say it.
> :
> : You fed your cat a pork chop now that cat is sleepy as hell and you're
> : scared
>
> Would be funny but no, nothing exciting like that!
>
> I just notices that commercial cat food cans mention beef, chicken,
> turkey, tuna, fish, shrimp, mackerel, trout, crab, lobster, duck, ...,
> wheat, corn, rice, tomato, ... only not pork!
>
> There must be a reason.

Perhaps it's simply that scraps go into
making cat/dog food, and all pork scraps
go instead, into sausage and the like...

~C

September 29th 05, 11:54 PM
-L. wrote:

>
> Pork biproducts by and large go into hot dogs and bologna. They are
> too expensive for cat food.
>
>
> Can cats not eat pork? Is it harmful to them?
>
> They can and will eat pork. My cats love pork.
>
> -L.

I did read somewhere that pork isn't good for cats. It was on one of
those websites about homemade cat food--I know anybody can say anything
they want to on a website, so I don't know if it's true or not. I wish
I could remember the reason specified.
Boots loves a chunk of cooked bacon anytime she can get it. And being
the picky little thing she is, we let her have just about anything
she'll eat.

Sherry

Ajanta
September 30th 05, 12:20 AM
> wrote:

: Boots loves a chunk of cooked bacon anytime she can get it. And being
: the picky little thing she is, we let her have just about anything
: she'll eat.

Hi Sherry, I am sure occasional bits don't matter but isn't there too
much other non-meat junk in bacon? Salt for one thing, and many other
chemicals.

Ramboyd
September 30th 05, 12:38 AM
whitershadeofpale wrote:

> Ajanta wrote:
> > Quite clearly, cat food seems to be derived not from what cats would
> > eat but from what humans eat: beef, chicken, turkey, tuna, etc.
> >
> > However, I also notice a conspicuous absence of one very popular and
> > common human staple from cat foods: pork.
> >
> > Why is that? Can cats not eat pork? Is it harmful to them?
>
> A pig is a filthy animal
>
> Sure bacon tastes good, and yeah
> sewer rat might taste like pumpkin pie
>
> but a SWINE is still a filthy animal
>
> I mean, what other animal rolls in it's own feces..
>
> Just my thought on it

Evidently you never worked on a farm. The pig is the cleanest animal
there.

Ramboyd

======

"My Ottawa Includes Corruption"

Observer
September 30th 05, 01:17 AM
"Ajanta" > wrote in message
...
> > wrote:
>
> : Boots loves a chunk of cooked bacon anytime she can get it. And being
> : the picky little thing she is, we let her have just about anything
> : she'll eat.
>
> Hi Sherry, I am sure occasional bits don't matter but isn't there too
> much other non-meat junk in bacon? Salt for one thing, and many other
> chemicals.

Cats can eat pork. Some like it and some don't. But pork just does not
mean bacon. Their digestive systems are equipped to handle scrap meat
(mice, birds, lizards, etc.); so why not pork? I would not recommend a
steady diet of it because food intended for humans does not have the
required amount of taurine in it that cats mush have for healthy cardio.
That goes for tuna (and any meat) that is intended for human consumption
also.

But if your cat likes a bit of bacon or niblets off the pork chops, it's
okay. Just make sure it's just a treat and not a regular staple.

--The Observer

Mishi
September 30th 05, 01:31 AM
"Ajanta" > wrote in message
...
< Why is that? Can cats not eat pork? Is it harmful to them? >

Hi Ajanta,
There is a local (to me in central NY) that sells a Ham based cat food in
the 3 oz cans. That is the only ham/pork item that I have ever seen.
Patti

EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)
September 30th 05, 01:53 AM
whitershadeofpale wrote:


> A pig is a filthy animal

However, genetically it's much closer to human than are
bovines! (Think about it.) Why do you think they use
porcine heart valves for human transplants?
>
> I mean, what other animal rolls in it's own feces..

Quite a few of them, actually! Also, from the reports I've
heard, most pigs would much prefer to be kept clean.

-L.
September 30th 05, 01:54 AM
wrote:
> -L. wrote:
>
> >
> > Pork biproducts by and large go into hot dogs and bologna. They are
> > too expensive for cat food.
> >
> >
> > Can cats not eat pork? Is it harmful to them?
> >
> > They can and will eat pork. My cats love pork.
> >
> > -L.
>
> I did read somewhere that pork isn't good for cats. It was on one of
> those websites about homemade cat food--I know anybody can say anything
> they want to on a website, so I don't know if it's true or not. I wish
> I could remember the reason specified.

Probably because pork is higher in sodium than most other meats. The
only pork we eat is lean shoulder loin, and occasional ham, but all the
pets get are the loin. The ham is too salty.

-L.

Ajanta
September 30th 05, 01:56 AM
Observer <[email protected]> wrote:

: Cats can eat pork...

I still don't understand why it is so rare in commercial cans, but as
Mishi's post show it has been spotted!

EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)
September 30th 05, 02:01 AM
wrote:

> I did read somewhere that pork isn't good for cats. It was on one of
> those websites about homemade cat food--I know anybody can say anything
> they want to on a website, so I don't know if it's true or not. I wish
> I could remember the reason specified.
> Boots loves a chunk of cooked bacon anytime she can get it. And being
> the picky little thing she is, we let her have just about anything
> she'll eat.

Actually, I've read that ham and bacon are bad for cats
because they can caused intestinal inflamation (as can
pastrami and corned beef). Raw pork might be bad for the
same reason humans should always eat it well-cooked - it can
carry a painful parasite that causes trichinosis. There's
no reason (other than the aforementioned expense) why either
cats or humans can't eat it (although many humans have
religious objections).
>
> Sherry
>

-L.
September 30th 05, 05:24 AM
Ajanta wrote:
> Observer <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> : Cats can eat pork...
>
> I still don't understand why it is so rare in commercial cans, but as
> Mishi's post show it has been spotted!

It's present as "meat by-products". It's just too valuable in the
secondary market (hot dogs, etc.) to be sent to the animal food market.

-L.

No More Retail
September 30th 05, 05:30 AM
You know we need our pickled pigs feet
I think I am going to be sick

-L.
September 30th 05, 06:01 AM
No More Retail wrote:
> You know we need our pickled pigs feet
> I think I am going to be sick

LOL...I have never understood some tastes.

-L.

Dr.Carla,DVM
September 30th 05, 06:59 AM
I did some research in Veterinary Journals and Vin.com (a Vet & Vet Tech
website) and here's what I found out.
On the Iams food labels it lists "animal fat" which a pig fat represents a
small amount. (Melody Foess Raasch, D.V.M., Technical Services Veterinarian,
Consumer Care, The Iams Company).
Purina has documentation on their website that
"While we do incorporate pork as an ingredient in some of our pet food
products, we do not manufacture any dog or cat food products with pork as
one of the primary ingredients. There is no reason from a nutrition
standpoint not to use pork for pet foods. However, market research studies
indicate that there isn't a lot of consumer demand for dog or cat food
products which contain pork as a primary ingredient. Should that perception
change, we would re-evaluate the use of pork as a primary ingredient in pet
food products."
Several vets have "alternate diets" and home-cooked diet recipes that have
cooked pork as a protein source.



Just thoughts. I have no specific facts
"Ajanta" > wrote in message
...
> Quite clearly, cat food seems to be derived not from what cats would
> eat but from what humans eat: beef, chicken, turkey, tuna, etc.
>
> However, I also notice a conspicuous absence of one very popular and
> common human staple from cat foods: pork.
>
> Why is that? Can cats not eat pork? Is it harmful to them?

No More Retail
September 30th 05, 07:21 AM
I got something worse scrabble it is made of cow's various organs guess
which ones

Topaz
September 30th 05, 07:24 AM
"Dr.Carla,DVM" > wrote in message
news:9v4%[email protected]_s71...
> I did some research in Veterinary Journals and Vin.com (a Vet & Vet Tech
> website) and here's what I found out.
> On the Iams food labels it lists "animal fat" which a pig fat represents a
> small amount. (Melody Foess Raasch, D.V.M., Technical Services
Veterinarian,
> Consumer Care, The Iams Company).
> Purina has documentation on their website that
> "While we do incorporate pork as an ingredient in some of our pet food
> products, we do not manufacture any dog or cat food products with pork as
> one of the primary ingredients. There is no reason from a nutrition
> standpoint not to use pork for pet foods. However, market research studies
> indicate that there isn't a lot of consumer demand for dog or cat food
> products which contain pork as a primary ingredient. Should that
perception
> change, we would re-evaluate the use of pork as a primary ingredient in
pet
> food products."

Interesting. This certainly speaks to the role of consumer perception in pet
food
formulation. "Demand for dog or cat food products which contain pork as a
primary
ingredient.?" What would fuel that demand if not attractiveness of pork to
the people buying the cat food. Nothing in these comments addresses the
value or lack thereof of pork from a nutritional standpoint. The focus is on
a "public perception" standpoint.

cybercat
September 30th 05, 07:25 AM
"No More Retail" > wrote in message
m...
> I got something worse scrabble it is made of cow's various organs guess
which ones
>

It's "scrapple" and having eaten it once I don't want to know!

jils
September 30th 05, 08:26 AM
what a strange thing to say.

pigs roll in mud, not excrement. this is a behavioural routine to keep cool.

they don't choose to roll in their own excrement. on the contrary, they
are careful to relieve themselves away from their sleeping area.

most dogs like nothing better than a good roll in horse manure. does
that make them filthy animals as well?

all of which has no bearing on why the OP can't find pork in cats' food.


whitershadeofpale wrote:

>
> A pig is a filthy animal
>
> Sure bacon tastes good, and yeah
> sewer rat might taste like pumpkin pie
>
> but a SWINE is still a filthy animal
>
> I mean, what other animal rolls in its own feces..
>
> Just my thought on it
>

-L.
September 30th 05, 08:33 AM
jils wrote:
> what a strange thing to say.
>
> pigs roll in mud, not excrement. this is a behavioural routine to keep cool.
>
> they don't choose to roll in their own excrement. on the contrary, they
> are careful to relieve themselves away from their sleeping area.
>
> most dogs like nothing better than a good roll in horse manure. does
> that make them filthy animals as well?
>

I wouldn't go so far as to call a
dog filthy, but they're definitely
dirty. But a dog's got
personality. And personality goes
a long way.

-L.
(My apologies to Quentin Tarantino)

Phil P.
September 30th 05, 09:31 AM
"Ajanta" > wrote in message
...
> Quite clearly, cat food seems to be derived not from what cats would
> eat but from what humans eat: beef, chicken, turkey, tuna, etc.
>
> However, I also notice a conspicuous absence of one very popular and
> common human staple from cat foods: pork.
>
> Why is that?

Cost (expensive compared to most pet food protein sources) and probably
religious concerns (e.g., Judaism, Islam) and possibly exaggerated fear of
trichinosis (only if eaten raw or not cooked thoroughly).


>Can cats not eat pork? Is it harmful to them?

Absolutely not. Pork is the primary ingredient in Hill's Prescription Diet
m/d for diabetes management and metabolic weight loss due to its high
protein (14g/100 kcal) and low carbohydrate (0) content. A high protein and
low carbohydrate diet is a *true* carnivorous diet- high protein and
low carbohydrates has been the cat's evolutionary diet for millennia.

Phil

alt4
September 30th 05, 05:04 PM
Do we know that pork really is absent from cat food? I mean maybe, just
maybe the companies put pork in as filler (as was said pigs are filthy
animals), but don't say anything? Except the one that's PORK on the label.
Just a thought.

--
"Other than telling us how to live, think,
marry, pray, vote, invest, educate our
children and now, die, I think the
Republicans have done a fine job of
getting government out of our personal
lives."
"whitershadeofpale" > wrote in message
oups.com...
>
> Ajanta wrote:
>> whitershadeofpale > wrote:
>>
>> : A pig is a filthy animal
>>
>> My point was, pork is sold for human consumption. Why is it absent from
>> canned cat food?
>
> Your point has been duly noted and has been taken into consideration;
>
> uuuhiiiii think you're up to something..
>
> JUST say it.
>
> You fed your cat a pork chop now that cat is sleepy as hell and you're
> scared
>

alt4
September 30th 05, 05:12 PM
Quite a few of our cats will eat bacon or really any pork that we give them.
We just don't because it isn't that good for us so how good for the cats can
it be? You have to cook it really well. I've had some turkey with bacon
around it, so I gave the cats the bacon, it was pretty dried out anyway.

--
"Other than telling us how to live, think,
marry, pray, vote, invest, educate our
children and now, die, I think the
Republicans have done a fine job of
getting government out of our personal
lives."
> wrote in message
oups.com...
>
> -L. wrote:
>
>>
>> Pork biproducts by and large go into hot dogs and bologna. They are
>> too expensive for cat food.
>>
>>
>> Can cats not eat pork? Is it harmful to them?
>>
>> They can and will eat pork. My cats love pork.
>>
>> -L.
>
> I did read somewhere that pork isn't good for cats. It was on one of
> those websites about homemade cat food--I know anybody can say anything
> they want to on a website, so I don't know if it's true or not. I wish
> I could remember the reason specified.
> Boots loves a chunk of cooked bacon anytime she can get it. And being
> the picky little thing she is, we let her have just about anything
> she'll eat.
>
> Sherry
>

Ajanta
September 30th 05, 05:44 PM
Phil P. > wrote:

: Cost (expensive compared to most pet food protein sources)

I guess I don't understand the food industry. Naively I'd have thought
beef, shrimp, etc to be more expensive than pork.

: and probably religious concerns (e.g., Judaism, Islam)

While I am aware of those taboos, easy abundance of pork in
supermarkets and restaurants (for human consumption) suggests that
except to observant individuals this is not a big deal.

: and possibly exaggerated fear of
: trichinosis (only if eaten raw or not cooked thoroughly).

OK

No More Retail
September 30th 05, 07:07 PM
What type of personality does a dog have that is different than a pig they
say that pigs are smarter than dogs and cleaner and more loyal pigs roll in
the mud to stay cool you must have never been to a farm or known someone
raised on a farm

Phil P.
September 30th 05, 07:43 PM
"Ajanta" > wrote in message
...
> Phil P. > wrote:
>
> : Cost (expensive compared to most pet food protein sources)
>
> I guess I don't understand the food industry. Naively I'd have thought
> beef, shrimp, etc to be more expensive than pork.


Pet food manufacturers don't use prime rib or jumbo shrimp in pet foods.
Whatever isn't used for the human market is sold to pet food companies.
OTOH, most of the pig can be used for the human market which makes pork
expensive for pet food manufacturing.


>
> : and probably religious concerns (e.g., Judaism, Islam)
>
> While I am aware of those taboos, easy abundance of pork in
> supermarkets and restaurants (for human consumption) suggests that
> except to observant individuals this is not a big deal.


Manufacturing pork-based pet food would not be cost effective because of
reduced popularity. Pet food manufacturers produce large varieties of types
of food and flavors based on anthropomorphic appeal. People like and
dislike specific flavors and different flavors and they assume their cats do
too. Pet food manufacturers generally produce pet foods that appeal the
most to humans. For whatever reason (religion, superstition,
misinformation, myth) pork just isn't as popular as beef, turkey, chicken,
and the other flavors. Sales relate directly to the amount of shelf space
the products occupy- pork-based foods would take up shelf space that could
be used for a more popular food.



>
> : and possibly exaggerated fear of
> : trichinosis (only if eaten raw or not cooked thoroughly).
>
> OK

EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)
September 30th 05, 09:01 PM
No More Retail wrote:

> I got something worse scrabble it is made of cow's various organs guess
> which ones
>
Really? The only scrapple (correct spelling - "scrabble" is
a word-game) I've ever encountered was made with pork
sausage! (And cornmeal mush, of course.) It's really quite
good, pan-fried until the outside is brown and crisp, then
doused in maple syrup.... don't knock it 'til you've tried it!

FYI, anytime you eat gourmet sausage, you're eating animal
intestines - only the cheap, mostly filler "name" brands
(Oscar Meyer, etc.) use some sort of artificial sausage
casing, instead. And "menudo" and "tripe" are well-regarded
delicacies in a lot of cultures. (Not to mention
"sweetbreads".)

EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)
September 30th 05, 09:03 PM
Topaz wrote:

> "Dr.Carla,DVM" > wrote in message
> news:9v4%[email protected]_s71...
>
>>I did some research in Veterinary Journals and Vin.com (a Vet & Vet Tech
>>website) and here's what I found out.
>>On the Iams food labels it lists "animal fat" which a pig fat represents a
>>small amount. (Melody Foess Raasch, D.V.M., Technical Services
>
> Veterinarian,
>
>>Consumer Care, The Iams Company).
>>Purina has documentation on their website that
>>"While we do incorporate pork as an ingredient in some of our pet food
>>products, we do not manufacture any dog or cat food products with pork as
>>one of the primary ingredients. There is no reason from a nutrition
>>standpoint not to use pork for pet foods. However, market research studies
>>indicate that there isn't a lot of consumer demand for dog or cat food
>>products which contain pork as a primary ingredient. Should that
>
> perception
>
>>change, we would re-evaluate the use of pork as a primary ingredient in
>
> pet
>
>>food products."
>
>
> Interesting. This certainly speaks to the role of consumer perception in pet
> food
> formulation. "Demand for dog or cat food products which contain pork as a
> primary
> ingredient.?" What would fuel that demand if not attractiveness of pork to
> the people buying the cat food. Nothing in these comments addresses the
> value or lack thereof of pork from a nutritional standpoint. The focus is on
> a "public perception" standpoint.

For all practical purposes, "animal protein" is "animal
protein", isn't it? Flavors may differ, but nutritional
properties are about the same.
>
>

EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)
September 30th 05, 09:11 PM
-L. wrote:

> jils wrote:
>
>>what a strange thing to say.
>>
>>pigs roll in mud, not excrement. this is a behavioural routine to keep cool.
>>
>>they don't choose to roll in their own excrement. on the contrary, they
>>are careful to relieve themselves away from their sleeping area.
>>
>>most dogs like nothing better than a good roll in horse manure. does
>>that make them filthy animals as well?
>>
>
>
> I wouldn't go so far as to call a
> dog filthy, but they're definitely
> dirty. But a dog's got
> personality. And personality goes
> a long way.

How many pigs (of the four-footed variety) do you number
among your acquaintance? ALL animals are individuals, and
if you live closely with them you become fond of them.
People who keep pigs (like those who keep beef-cattle and
chickens for slaughter) make an effort NOT to get personally
involved with them. I eat meat, but I doubt if I would long
continue to do so if I were personally acquainted with the
source. (It's different when it's all neatly packaged up in
the supermarket - and even then, I have to make an effort
not to think about it as part of a once living, breathing
creature.)

>
> -L.
> (My apologies to Quentin Tarantino)
>

EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)
September 30th 05, 09:20 PM
alt4 wrote:

> Do we know that pork really is absent from cat food? I mean maybe, just
> maybe the companies put pork in as filler (as was said pigs are filthy
> animals)

As was INCORRECTLY said! Pigs are no "filthier" than any
other animals (including humans). Because they were often
kept in appalling conditions and, being omnivores, were
frequently fed on garbage (until FDA regulations came along
to forbid it) they've gotten a bad rap, but did anyone ever
ask the pigs? They may enjoy a good wallow in mud, but
they apparently enjoy a good hosing down with clean water, too.

Ted Davis
September 30th 05, 09:42 PM
On Fri, 30 Sep 2005 16:44:48 GMT, Ajanta > wrote:

>: and probably religious concerns (e.g., Judaism, Islam)
>
>While I am aware of those taboos, easy abundance of pork in
>supermarkets and restaurants (for human consumption) suggests that
>except to observant individuals this is not a big deal.

There are food stores that cater those groups, and most likely many of
them also carry cat food ... but their employees as well as customers
are likely to be offended by pork in the cat food - but the purchaser
for the store could not be expected to know how to avoid it since
kosher cat food makers are few and far between ... and don't advertise
on national TV.

--
T.E.D. )
SPAM filter: Messages to this address *must* contain "T.E.D."
somewhere in the body or they will be automatically rejected.

Jo Firey
September 30th 05, 09:58 PM
"EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" > wrote in message
...
>
>
> No More Retail wrote:
>
>> I got something worse scrabble it is made of cow's various organs
>> guess which ones
> Really? The only scrapple (correct spelling - "scrabble" is a word-game)
> I've ever encountered was made with pork sausage! (And cornmeal mush, of
> course.) It's really quite good, pan-fried until the outside is brown and
> crisp, then doused in maple syrup.... don't knock it 'til you've tried it!
>
>
That is certainly what I remember.

I remember once, my mother got someone to make beef scrapple for her
special, because she quit eating pork for religious reason.

I like sausage. And I like cornmeal mush. But I never could learn to like
scrapple.

Of course now we pretend we've got class and have always called it "Polenta"

Jo

No More Retail
September 30th 05, 10:07 PM
my bad mis spell but you can eat all you like for all of us as soon as I
saw it being made NOPE YOU CAN HAVE IT

FYI anytime you eat peant butter enjoy the roaches

Darryl
September 30th 05, 11:30 PM
In article >, says...
>
>Do we know that pork really is absent from cat food? I mean maybe, just
>maybe the companies put pork in as filler (as was said pigs are filthy
>animals), but don't say anything? Except the one that's PORK on the label.
>Just a thought.
>


Pigs are not Filthy animals given a chance a pig is much cleaner then a dog
however a pig outdoors will roll in mud to protect itself from sunburn
Don't know what the UV protection level of mud is
Darryl

Christina Websell
September 30th 05, 11:32 PM
"EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" > wrote in message
...
> > (Oscar Meyer, etc.) use some sort of artificial sausage
> casing, instead. And "menudo" and "tripe" are well-regarded delicacies in
> a lot of cultures. (Not to mention "sweetbreads".)
>
Hands up who knows what "sweetbreads" are. I do, do you?

Tweed

Lumpy
September 30th 05, 11:43 PM
"Christina Websell" > wrote in message
...
>
> "EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" > wrote in message
> ...
> > > (Oscar Meyer, etc.) use some sort of artificial sausage
> > casing, instead. And "menudo" and "tripe" are well-regarded delicacies
in
> > a lot of cultures. (Not to mention "sweetbreads".)
> >
> Hands up who knows what "sweetbreads" are. I do, do you?
>
> Tweed

yes.

Steve Crane
October 1st 05, 01:06 AM
Phil P. wrote:
> Cost (expensive compared to most pet food protein sources) and probably
> religious concerns (e.g., Judaism, Islam) and possibly exaggerated fear of
> trichinosis (only if eaten raw or not cooked thoroughly).

It's not that pork is more or less expensive than other meat meals. The
range in price for meat meals is waaaaay more variable based on the ash
content than on the species from which it is derived.

Pork isn't all that common becasue it isn't all that commonly eaten by
humans. Think about how often you eat beef or chicken or turkey and how
seldom you eat pork. As much as I like a good pork roast, it been
months and months since we had one in this house. Reminds me to talk to
the boss (my wife) about that.

Ironically, pork use in pet foods has increased substantially in foods
shipped outside the US. Manufacturers have been forced to substitute
pork for beef in many foods shipped overseas due to BSE rules enforced
by some countries. At the same time there are a number of Muslim
countries who refuse to admit any pet foods into the country that
contain pork.

Pork is perfectly good protein source for cats and there isn't any
nutritional reason not to use it.

Ramboyd
October 1st 05, 01:22 AM
Diane wrote:

> In article om>,
> "Steve Crane" > wrote:
>
> > Pork isn't all that common becasue it isn't all that commonly eaten by
> > humans. Think about how often you eat beef or chicken or turkey and how
> > seldom you eat pork. As much as I like a good pork roast, it been
> > months and months since we had one in this house. R
>
> What about ham? Same critter.

What about bacon? Mmmmmmm bacon.

Ramboyd

======

"My Ottawa Includes Corruption"

shortfuse
October 1st 05, 01:24 AM
We dont eat that much pork in our house and when we do, our cats are not too
hip on it.

Steve Crane
October 1st 05, 01:26 AM
Diane wrote:
> In article om>,
> "Steve Crane" > wrote:
>
> > Pork isn't all that common becasue it isn't all that commonly eaten by
> > humans. Think about how often you eat beef or chicken or turkey and how
> > seldom you eat pork. As much as I like a good pork roast, it been
> > months and months since we had one in this house. R
>
> What about ham? Same critter.

Right - same critter, but still the same issue. We humans consume many
times more beef or chicken than we do hogs - regardless of the typs of
pork used.

shortfuse
October 1st 05, 01:33 AM
We eat turkey bacon though...but it has to be fixed extra crisp ;-) for
them...jk..

shortfuse
October 1st 05, 02:17 AM
That's good your cat stays away from human food...it's really not that
healthy for them..Now if I can only get my cats to think that way :-)

Ted Davis
October 1st 05, 03:16 AM
On Sat, 01 Oct 2005 00:10:36 GMT, Diane
> wrote:

>In article om>,
> "Steve Crane" > wrote:
>
>> Pork isn't all that common becasue it isn't all that commonly eaten by
>> humans. Think about how often you eat beef or chicken or turkey and how
>> seldom you eat pork. As much as I like a good pork roast, it been
>> months and months since we had one in this house. R
>
>What about ham? Same critter.

Read the list of ingredients on a ham package sometime. On second
thought, if you like ham, you might not want to read the ingredients
list.

--
T.E.D. )

No More Retail
October 1st 05, 09:42 AM
Scary thought is what we eat is worse than what they eat ours just looks
better

Phil P.
October 1st 05, 11:12 AM
"Steve Crane" > wrote in message
ups.com...
>
> Phil P. wrote:
> > Cost (expensive compared to most pet food protein sources) and probably
> > religious concerns (e.g., Judaism, Islam) and possibly exaggerated fear
of
> > trichinosis (only if eaten raw or not cooked thoroughly).
>
> It's not that pork is more or less expensive than other meat meals. The
> range in price for meat meals is waaaaay more variable based on the ash
> content than on the species from which it is derived.

I wasn't referring to pork meal-- with the water and fat removed. I was
referring pork meat.

Actually, the ash content of clean pork meat products is very low-- For
example, the
protein to ash ratio for pork loin is actually quite high-- about 20:1
(28.57:1.4). The higher the protein to ash ratio the more digestible the
food. The phosphorus content is also excellent- about 89 mg/100 kcals.

http://www.maxshouse.com/Clinical_Nutrition/PORK,FRSH,LOIN,WHL,LN,CKD,BRSD1.jpg


> Pork isn't all that common becasue it isn't all that commonly eaten by
humans.

That's just about what I said in my previous post.

"For whatever reason (religion, superstition, misinformation, myth) pork
just isn't as popular as beef, turkey, chicken, and the other flavors.
Sales relate directly to the amount of shelf space the products occupy-
pork-based foods would take up shelf space that could be used for a more
popular food."

Steve Crane
October 1st 05, 04:18 PM
Phil P. wrote:
> "Steve Crane" > wrote in message
> ups.com...

> > It's not that pork is more or less expensive than other meat meals. The
> > range in price for meat meals is waaaaay more variable based on the ash
> > content than on the species from which it is derived.
>
> I wasn't referring to pork meal-- with the water and fat removed. I was
> referring pork meat.

I probably didn't make myself clear. The cost difference between a low
ash meal/meat (beef, pork, chicken, turkey, lamb etc) can be +25% more
expensive than the same meal/meat in a high ash content version. That
difference in cost is greater than the difference in cost between two
different specie meat/meals. The specie of meat/meal does not affect
the cost as much as the ash content.

EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)
October 1st 05, 07:38 PM
Steve Crane wrote:

> Pork isn't all that common becasue it isn't all that commonly eaten by
> humans. Think about how often you eat beef or chicken or turkey and how
> seldom you eat pork. As much as I like a good pork roast, it been
> months and months since we had one in this house. Reminds me to talk to
> the boss (my wife) about that.

I think it depends upon which part of the U.S. (or wherever
else in the world) you live. ...And price, of course. When
I was growing up in Minnesota, we had pork almost as often
as beef, chicken less often, and turkey was reserved for
holidays. (Mostly because, when I was young, they were only
available whole, and the average family had trouble making
away with a twenty-pound turkey before the meat spoiled,
even with electric refrigerators - which not everyone had.)

In more recent years, I've found myself eating chicken much
more often, because it was cheaper than beef or pork, and
WAY cheaper than lamb (mutton might be less expensive, but
it's not often available in the U.S.).

EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)
October 1st 05, 07:43 PM
Ted Davis wrote:

> On Sat, 01 Oct 2005 00:10:36 GMT, Diane
> > wrote:
>
>
>>In article om>,
>>"Steve Crane" > wrote:
>>
>>
>>>Pork isn't all that common becasue it isn't all that commonly eaten by
>>>humans. Think about how often you eat beef or chicken or turkey and how
>>>seldom you eat pork. As much as I like a good pork roast, it been
>>>months and months since we had one in this house. R
>>
>>What about ham? Same critter.
>
>
> Read the list of ingredients on a ham package sometime. On second
> thought, if you like ham, you might not want to read the ingredients
> list.

You're assuming he buys processed ham - as do most of us,
nowadays. The genuine article (which must usually be boiled
before roasting) takes much longer to prepare, and is not so
readily available, but a genuinely "cured" ham contains no
additive but salt (and smoke, if you count the curing process).

Phil P.
October 1st 05, 07:58 PM
"Steve Crane" > wrote in message
oups.com...
>
> Phil P. wrote:
> > "Steve Crane" > wrote in message
> > ups.com...
>
> > > It's not that pork is more or less expensive than other meat meals.
The
> > > range in price for meat meals is waaaaay more variable based on the
ash
> > > content than on the species from which it is derived.
> >
> > I wasn't referring to pork meal-- with the water and fat removed. I was
> > referring pork meat.
>
> I probably didn't make myself clear. The cost difference between a low
> ash meal/meat (beef, pork, chicken, turkey, lamb etc) can be +25% more
> expensive than the same meal/meat in a high ash content version. That
> difference in cost is greater than the difference in cost between two
> different specie meat/meals. The specie of meat/meal does not affect
> the cost as much as the ash content.


That certainly explains why Porterhouse Steak is about twice the price per
lb. of pork loin even though they have about the same ash content and
protein to ash ratio. Thanks for clearing that up.

http://www.maxshouse.com/Clinical_Nutrition/Beef_SHRT_PRTHS_STEAK.pdf

http://www.maxshouse.com/Clinical_Nutrition/PORK,FRSH,LOIN,WHL,LN,CKD,BRSD1.jpg

Ted Davis
October 2nd 05, 02:29 AM
On Sat, 01 Oct 2005 11:43:28 -0700, "EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)"
> wrote:

>
>
>Ted Davis wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 01 Oct 2005 00:10:36 GMT, Diane
>> > wrote:
>>
>>
>>>In article om>,
>>>"Steve Crane" > wrote:
>>>
>>>
>>>>Pork isn't all that common becasue it isn't all that commonly eaten by
>>>>humans. Think about how often you eat beef or chicken or turkey and how
>>>>seldom you eat pork. As much as I like a good pork roast, it been
>>>>months and months since we had one in this house. R
>>>
>>>What about ham? Same critter.
>>
>>
>> Read the list of ingredients on a ham package sometime. On second
>> thought, if you like ham, you might not want to read the ingredients
>> list.
>
>You're assuming he buys processed ham - as do most of us,
>nowadays. The genuine article (which must usually be boiled
>before roasting) takes much longer to prepare, and is not so
>readily available, but a genuinely "cured" ham contains no
>additive but salt (and smoke, if you count the curing process).

I am well aware of real hams - they were still readily obtainable when
I was growing up half a century ago. Salt, pepper, and carcinogenic
smoke ... some also used sugar and I have heard the maple something
was used in some places. They taste good when properly prepared, but
are hardly safer than the synthetic modern ones that I was assuming
most readers would encounter. The "country" ham I can readily obtain
locally is from California (half a continent away) and is "cured with
salt, brown sugar, sodium nitrate, black pepper, sodium nitrite"; and
it's labeled to imply, but not say, that it is hickory smoked. I give
the most ham fanatic of my cats only tiny tastes.

Then there is bacon.

--
T.E.D. )

Joe Canuck
October 2nd 05, 01:27 PM
Ajanta wrote:

> Quite clearly, cat food seems to be derived not from what cats would
> eat but from what humans eat: beef, chicken, turkey, tuna, etc.
>
> However, I also notice a conspicuous absence of one very popular and
> common human staple from cat foods: pork.
>
> Why is that? Can cats not eat pork? Is it harmful to them?

Cats can only eat pork if they can catch it...

http://www.bigtex.com/newsroom/stories/2005/0706racingpigs.html

I'm rooting for Porky.

Kate
October 2nd 05, 07:53 PM
One of our cats have just been Diagnosed with Diabetes,
and the only thing that takes her mind of the twice daily injections of
Insulin
Is a few chunks of Pork! Her eyes light up with the sight of it, taking her
attention
away from the needle in my other hand!

Kate
"Observer" <[email protected] Iknow.com> wrote in message
...
>
> "Ajanta" > wrote in message
> ...
>> > wrote:
>>
>> : Boots loves a chunk of cooked bacon anytime she can get it. And being
>> : the picky little thing she is, we let her have just about anything
>> : she'll eat.
>>
>> Hi Sherry, I am sure occasional bits don't matter but isn't there too
>> much other non-meat junk in bacon? Salt for one thing, and many other
>> chemicals.
>
> Cats can eat pork. Some like it and some don't. But pork just does not
> mean bacon. Their digestive systems are equipped to handle scrap meat
> (mice, birds, lizards, etc.); so why not pork? I would not recommend a
> steady diet of it because food intended for humans does not have the
> required amount of taurine in it that cats mush have for healthy cardio.
> That goes for tuna (and any meat) that is intended for human consumption
> also.
>
> But if your cat likes a bit of bacon or niblets off the pork chops, it's
> okay. Just make sure it's just a treat and not a regular staple.
>
> --The Observer
>
>
>
>
>

Enfilade
October 3rd 05, 12:38 AM
> Why is that? Can cats not eat pork? Is it harmful to them?

Smokey poke would live on ham if we let him (which of course we don't)
so he has to content himself with a bite of a ham sandwich from time to
time.

--Fil

Lamey The Cable Guy
October 3rd 05, 03:42 PM
"-L." > wrote in message
oups.com...
>
> No More Retail wrote:
>> You know we need our pickled pigs feet
>> I think I am going to be sick
>
> LOL...I have never understood some tastes.
>
> -L.
>
That's because you have no taste.

Lumpy
October 4th 05, 06:47 PM
"Joe Canuck" > wrote in message
...
> Ajanta wrote:
>
> > Quite clearly, cat food seems to be derived not from what cats would
> > eat but from what humans eat: beef, chicken, turkey, tuna, etc.
> >
> > However, I also notice a conspicuous absence of one very popular and
> > common human staple from cat foods: pork.
> >
> > Why is that? Can cats not eat pork? Is it harmful to them?
>
> Cats can only eat pork if they can catch it...
>
> http://www.bigtex.com/newsroom/stories/2005/0706racingpigs.html
>
> I'm rooting for Porky.

lol! I love the looks on their faces.

badwilson
October 7th 05, 04:56 AM
Phil P. wrote:
>
> Manufacturing pork-based pet food would not be cost effective
because
> of reduced popularity. Pet food manufacturers produce large
> varieties of types of food and flavors based on anthropomorphic
> appeal. People like and dislike specific flavors and different
> flavors and they assume their cats do too. Pet food manufacturers
> generally produce pet foods that appeal the most to humans. For
> whatever reason (religion, superstition, misinformation, myth) pork
> just isn't as popular as beef, turkey, chicken, and the other
> flavors. Sales relate directly to the amount of shelf space the
> products occupy- pork-based foods would take up shelf space that
> could be used for a more popular food.

Perhaps calling a pet food flavour "ham" instead of "pork" would make
it more appealing to the consumer? Pork sounds kind of crude, but
most people like ham.
--
Britta
"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast." -- Unknown
Check out pictures of Vino at:
http://photos.yahoo.com/badwilson click on the Vino album

badwilson
October 7th 05, 05:05 AM
Steve Crane wrote:
>
> Pork isn't all that common becasue it isn't all that commonly eaten
by
> humans. Think about how often you eat beef or chicken or turkey and
> how seldom you eat pork. As much as I like a good pork roast, it
been
> months and months since we had one in this house. Reminds me to talk
> to the boss (my wife) about that.

Certainly not here in Thailand! I think pork is just about the most
favoured meat out there. They love pork and it's in everything.
Which is so funny because I just returned from a trip to Malaysia,
just 1 country to the south. They're muslim there and pork is
virtually nowhere. McDonald's has signs everywhere stating that they
are strictly halal, most food stalls have signs saying "Strictly no
pork!", etc.
Dennis and I went to Tesco looking to buy some food and wine and
wandered around the whole store not being able to find any liquor.
Passed by the deli and they didn't have any pork. Finally, we came to
the furthest corner of the store and there was a sign saying
"Non-halal section" and they had liquor there and another little deli
that had only pork products. Dennis and I made jokes saying that we
are now entering the "Sinner's section" ;-)

>
> Ironically, pork use in pet foods has increased substantially in
foods
> shipped outside the US. Manufacturers have been forced to substitute
> pork for beef in many foods shipped overseas due to BSE rules
enforced
> by some countries. At the same time there are a number of Muslim
> countries who refuse to admit any pet foods into the country that
> contain pork.

I have never seen pork in pet foods in Thailand, where it's eaten
abundantly by humans. But then again, they only sell Whiskas and
Friskies here and I don't use those. I import my own cat food from
Canada or Australia when we go there on trips.

> Pork is perfectly good protein source for cats and there isn't any
> nutritional reason not to use it.

Vino loves ham and we always give him scraps.
--
Britta
"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast." -- Unknown
Check out pictures of Vino at:
http://photos.yahoo.com/badwilson click on the Vino album

Phil P.
October 7th 05, 02:25 PM
"badwilson" > wrote in message
...
> Phil P. wrote:
> >
> > Manufacturing pork-based pet food would not be cost effective
> because
> > of reduced popularity. Pet food manufacturers produce large
> > varieties of types of food and flavors based on anthropomorphic
> > appeal. People like and dislike specific flavors and different
> > flavors and they assume their cats do too. Pet food manufacturers
> > generally produce pet foods that appeal the most to humans. For
> > whatever reason (religion, superstition, misinformation, myth) pork
> > just isn't as popular as beef, turkey, chicken, and the other
> > flavors. Sales relate directly to the amount of shelf space the
> > products occupy- pork-based foods would take up shelf space that
> > could be used for a more popular food.
>
> Perhaps calling a pet food flavour "ham" instead of "pork" would make
> it more appealing to the consumer? Pork sounds kind of crude, but
> most people like ham.

I'd bet a diet called "Virginia Ham" or "Ham & Cheese on Rye w/ lettuce,
tomato and mayo" or
"Baked Ziti and Sausage" for cats would sell like hotcakes.

Phil.

badwilson
October 7th 05, 05:17 PM
Phil P. wrote:
> "badwilson" > wrote in message
> ...
>> Phil P. wrote:
>>>
>>> Manufacturing pork-based pet food would not be cost effective
>>> because of reduced popularity. Pet food manufacturers produce
large
>>> varieties of types of food and flavors based on anthropomorphic
>>> appeal. People like and dislike specific flavors and different
>>> flavors and they assume their cats do too. Pet food manufacturers
>>> generally produce pet foods that appeal the most to humans. For
>>> whatever reason (religion, superstition, misinformation, myth)
pork
>>> just isn't as popular as beef, turkey, chicken, and the other
>>> flavors. Sales relate directly to the amount of shelf space the
>>> products occupy- pork-based foods would take up shelf space that
>>> could be used for a more popular food.
>>
>> Perhaps calling a pet food flavour "ham" instead of "pork" would
make
>> it more appealing to the consumer? Pork sounds kind of crude, but
>> most people like ham.
>
> I'd bet a diet called "Virginia Ham" or "Ham & Cheese on Rye w/
> lettuce, tomato and mayo" or
> "Baked Ziti and Sausage" for cats would sell like hotcakes.
>
> Phil.

LMAO! I guess when it comes to pet foods, the "consumer" is actually
the hoomin, and not the cat, so I can see it ;-)
--
Britta
"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast." -- Unknown
Check out pictures of Vino at:
http://photos.yahoo.com/badwilson click on the Vino album

Lumpy
October 7th 05, 06:44 PM
"badwilson" > wrote



> LMAO! I guess when it comes to pet foods, the "consumer" is actually
> the hoomin, and not the cat, so I can see it ;-)
> --

Very true. They know it is the bipeds that are buying the cat food.

meee
October 8th 05, 05:42 AM
Down under we've got 'fresh' and 'homemade' dog foods that look like an
expensive linguine!!! long live the yuppy!!

--
There are many intelligent species in the Universe. They are all owned by
cats.

Anonymous

One cat just leads to another. -Ernest Hemingway

"Lumpy" > wrote in message
...
>
> "badwilson" > wrote
>
>
>
> > LMAO! I guess when it comes to pet foods, the "consumer" is actually
> > the hoomin, and not the cat, so I can see it ;-)
> > --
>
> Very true. They know it is the bipeds that are buying the cat food.
>
>

November 14th 05, 07:51 AM
Vingo Optomalicious > wrote:

> I was in the baby food section of the store, and these young parents
> asked me if the Gerber ham was good. I said "my cat loves it, don't know
> about kids, never had any."

> They ran like I was Hannibal Lecter. I laughed until I thought I'd hurt
> myself.

I hope you're joking. Someone thought you were needed to be avoided just
because you gave your cat baby food?? How many people feed their pets
pieces from the dinner table, anyway?

I always worry about the opposite, myself: that someday I'll be at the
checkout counter and the clerk will see all that meat-only baby food,
think I'm not nourishing my baby properly, and call child protective
services on me. :)

Joyce

edie humperdink
November 14th 05, 11:25 AM
what do kosher pigs eat?

Jason James
November 14th 05, 06:50 PM
"Vingo Optomalicious" > wrote in message
...
> In article >, "Lumpy" >
> wrote:
>
> > Very true. They know it is the bipeds that are buying the cat food.
>
> I was buying baby food for a cat we lost recently. She was diabetic and
> had chronic renal disease and was near her time, and she was very fussy
> about what she'd eat.
>
> I was in the baby food section of the store, and these young parents
> asked me if the Gerber ham was good. I said "my cat loves it, don't know
> about kids, never had any."
>
> They ran like I was Hannibal Lecter. I laughed until I thought I'd hurt
> myself.

(LOL),..there's no accounting for lack of humour in some..sometimes our
fellas will eat a small piece of bacon,..as they always jump up on the table
and investigate what we are eating. I limit how much they eat as its very
salty.

They dont touch straight ham or corned meat,..but just about every other
cooked meat, they will have a go at. Chicken, cooked or raw is popular,..tho
raw chicken is their favourite.

Jason

CatNipped
November 14th 05, 06:52 PM
"Jason James" > wrote in message
...
>
> "Vingo Optomalicious" > wrote in message
> ...
> > In article >, "Lumpy" >
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Very true. They know it is the bipeds that are buying the cat food.
> >
> > I was buying baby food for a cat we lost recently. She was diabetic and
> > had chronic renal disease and was near her time, and she was very fussy
> > about what she'd eat.
> >
> > I was in the baby food section of the store, and these young parents
> > asked me if the Gerber ham was good. I said "my cat loves it, don't know
> > about kids, never had any."
> >
> > They ran like I was Hannibal Lecter. I laughed until I thought I'd hurt
> > myself.
>
> (LOL),..there's no accounting for lack of humour in some..sometimes our
> fellas will eat a small piece of bacon,..as they always jump up on the
table
> and investigate what we are eating. I limit how much they eat as its very
> salty.
>
> They dont touch straight ham or corned meat,..but just about every other
> cooked meat, they will have a go at. Chicken, cooked or raw is
popular,..tho
> raw chicken is their favourite.
>
> Jason

I would be careful giving your cats raw chicken just now - cats are
susceptible to bird flu.

Hugs,

CatNipped

wafflycat
November 14th 05, 07:29 PM
"CatNipped" > wrote in message
...

>
> I would be careful giving your cats raw chicken just now - cats are
> susceptible to bird flu.
>
> Hugs,
>
> CatNipped
>

As Francis actually has cr*pped on the windscreen of my car (well, hurked a
hairball actually), should I be concerned?

Cheers, helen s ;-)

EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)
November 14th 05, 09:38 PM
wrote:

> Vingo Optomalicious > wrote:
>
> > I was in the baby food section of the store, and these young parents
> > asked me if the Gerber ham was good. I said "my cat loves it, don't know
> > about kids, never had any."
>
> > They ran like I was Hannibal Lecter. I laughed until I thought I'd hurt
> > myself.
>
> I hope you're joking. Someone thought you were needed to be avoided just
> because you gave your cat baby food?? How many people feed their pets
> pieces from the dinner table, anyway?

I think the implication was that the other customers thought
she was saying her cats had never EATEN "kids", only ham!

Jason James
November 14th 05, 11:21 PM
"CatNipped" > wrote in message
...
> "Jason James" > wrote in message
> ...
> >
> > "Vingo Optomalicious" > wrote in message
> > ...
> > > In article >, "Lumpy" >
> > > wrote:
> > >
> > > > Very true. They know it is the bipeds that are buying the cat food.
> > >
> > > I was buying baby food for a cat we lost recently. She was diabetic
and
> > > had chronic renal disease and was near her time, and she was very
fussy
> > > about what she'd eat.
> > >
> > > I was in the baby food section of the store, and these young parents
> > > asked me if the Gerber ham was good. I said "my cat loves it, don't
know
> > > about kids, never had any."
> > >
> > > They ran like I was Hannibal Lecter. I laughed until I thought I'd
hurt
> > > myself.
> >
> > (LOL),..there's no accounting for lack of humour in some..sometimes our
> > fellas will eat a small piece of bacon,..as they always jump up on the
> table
> > and investigate what we are eating. I limit how much they eat as its
very
> > salty.
> >
> > They dont touch straight ham or corned meat,..but just about every other
> > cooked meat, they will have a go at. Chicken, cooked or raw is
> popular,..tho
> > raw chicken is their favourite.
> >
> > Jason
>
> I would be careful giving your cats raw chicken just now - cats are
> susceptible to bird flu.

To true,..hadn't thought of that. We have had one case in a human in Oz. He
apparently was holidaying in Asia somewhere.

Jason

Christina Websell
November 14th 05, 11:39 PM
"CatNipped" > wrote in message
...
> "Jason James" > wrote in message
> ...
>>
>> "Vingo Optomalicious" > wrote in message
>> ...
>> > In article >, "Lumpy" >
>> > wrote:
>> >
>> > > Very true. They know it is the bipeds that are buying the cat food.
>> >
>> > I was buying baby food for a cat we lost recently. She was diabetic and
>> > had chronic renal disease and was near her time, and she was very fussy
>> > about what she'd eat.
>> >
>> > I was in the baby food section of the store, and these young parents
>> > asked me if the Gerber ham was good. I said "my cat loves it, don't
>> > know
>> > about kids, never had any."
>> >
>> > They ran like I was Hannibal Lecter. I laughed until I thought I'd hurt
>> > myself.
>>
>> (LOL),..there's no accounting for lack of humour in some..sometimes our
>> fellas will eat a small piece of bacon,..as they always jump up on the
> table
>> and investigate what we are eating. I limit how much they eat as its very
>> salty.
>>
>> They dont touch straight ham or corned meat,..but just about every other
>> cooked meat, they will have a go at. Chicken, cooked or raw is
> popular,..tho
>> raw chicken is their favourite.
>>
>> Jason
>
> I would be careful giving your cats raw chicken just now - cats are
> susceptible to bird flu.
>
> Hugs,
>
> CatNipped
>
>
It's important to realise that eating poultry and poultry products, eggs etc
will not give anyone/anything bird flu. Even if by some remote chance - you
are far more likely to win the lottery - you actually ate a chicken that had
it, it would not harm you or your cat.
The media has gone a bit silly over this.

Tweed

CatNipped
November 14th 05, 11:46 PM
"Christina Websell" > wrote in message
...
>
> "CatNipped" > wrote in message
> ...
> > "Jason James" > wrote in message
> > ...
> >>
> >> "Vingo Optomalicious" > wrote in message
> >> ...
> >> > In article >, "Lumpy" >
> >> > wrote:
> >> >
> >> > > Very true. They know it is the bipeds that are buying the cat food.
> >> >
> >> > I was buying baby food for a cat we lost recently. She was diabetic
and
> >> > had chronic renal disease and was near her time, and she was very
fussy
> >> > about what she'd eat.
> >> >
> >> > I was in the baby food section of the store, and these young parents
> >> > asked me if the Gerber ham was good. I said "my cat loves it, don't
> >> > know
> >> > about kids, never had any."
> >> >
> >> > They ran like I was Hannibal Lecter. I laughed until I thought I'd
hurt
> >> > myself.
> >>
> >> (LOL),..there's no accounting for lack of humour in some..sometimes our
> >> fellas will eat a small piece of bacon,..as they always jump up on the
> > table
> >> and investigate what we are eating. I limit how much they eat as its
very
> >> salty.
> >>
> >> They dont touch straight ham or corned meat,..but just about every
other
> >> cooked meat, they will have a go at. Chicken, cooked or raw is
> > popular,..tho
> >> raw chicken is their favourite.
> >>
> >> Jason
> >
> > I would be careful giving your cats raw chicken just now - cats are
> > susceptible to bird flu.
> >
> > Hugs,
> >
> > CatNipped
> >
> >
> It's important to realise that eating poultry and poultry products, eggs
etc
> will not give anyone/anything bird flu. Even if by some remote chance -
you
> are far more likely to win the lottery - you actually ate a chicken that
had
> it, it would not harm you or your cat.
> The media has gone a bit silly over this.
>
> Tweed

I was going by a news report that had said the bird flu killed tigers in a
zoo in Thailand:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/3755908.stm

Hugs,

CatNipped

Jo Firey
November 15th 05, 12:28 AM
"CatNipped" > wrote in message
...
> "Christina Websell" > wrote in message
> ...
>>
>> "CatNipped" > wrote in message
>> ...
>> > "Jason James" > wrote in message
>> > ...
>> >>
>> >> "Vingo Optomalicious" > wrote in message
>> >> ...
>> >> > In article >, "Lumpy" >
>> >> > wrote:
>> >> >
>> >> > > Very true. They know it is the bipeds that are buying the cat
>> >> > > food.
>> >> >
>> >> > I was buying baby food for a cat we lost recently. She was diabetic
> and
>> >> > had chronic renal disease and was near her time, and she was very
> fussy
>> >> > about what she'd eat.
>> >> >
>> >> > I was in the baby food section of the store, and these young parents
>> >> > asked me if the Gerber ham was good. I said "my cat loves it, don't
>> >> > know
>> >> > about kids, never had any."
>> >> >
>> >> > They ran like I was Hannibal Lecter. I laughed until I thought I'd
> hurt
>> >> > myself.
>> >>
>> >> (LOL),..there's no accounting for lack of humour in some..sometimes
>> >> our
>> >> fellas will eat a small piece of bacon,..as they always jump up on the
>> > table
>> >> and investigate what we are eating. I limit how much they eat as its
> very
>> >> salty.
>> >>
>> >> They dont touch straight ham or corned meat,..but just about every
> other
>> >> cooked meat, they will have a go at. Chicken, cooked or raw is
>> > popular,..tho
>> >> raw chicken is their favourite.
>> >>
>> >> Jason
>> >
>> > I would be careful giving your cats raw chicken just now - cats are
>> > susceptible to bird flu.
>> >
>> > Hugs,
>> >
>> > CatNipped
>> >
>> >
>> It's important to realise that eating poultry and poultry products, eggs
> etc
>> will not give anyone/anything bird flu. Even if by some remote chance -
> you
>> are far more likely to win the lottery - you actually ate a chicken that
> had
>> it, it would not harm you or your cat.
>> The media has gone a bit silly over this.
>>
>> Tweed
>
> I was going by a news report that had said the bird flu killed tigers in a
> zoo in Thailand:
>
> http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/3755908.stm
>
> Hugs,
>
> CatNipped
>
>

Ack. With all the coverage I've seen on TV here, that is the first I've
seen of non-avian illness. Aside from bird handlers anyway.

Jo

November 15th 05, 12:35 AM
Christina Websell wrote:
> >
> It's important to realise that eating poultry and poultry products, eggs etc
> will not give anyone/anything bird flu. Even if by some remote chance - you
> are far more likely to win the lottery - you actually ate a chicken that had
> it, it would not harm you or your cat.
> The media has gone a bit silly over this.
>
> Tweed

What the story CN posted actually said was, the tigers had eaten
chicken carcasses. That's a far cry from a healthy bird processed under
USDA (or whatever country you're in) regulations and available for sale
at your supermarket. Or a healthy bird you've raised and slaughtered
yourself. . Who knows where they came from or how fresh they were.
Whether the birds were healthy to begin with. I also hate how the
media seems love to instill fear in people.
The reason I never trusted raw chicken was salmonella. I don't even
know whether cats contract that or not, but I always cooked the chicken
first for them.
I wouldn't worry about bird flu.

Sherry

rpl
November 15th 05, 04:44 AM
wafflycat wrote:
>
> "CatNipped" > wrote in message
> ...
>
>>
>> I would be careful giving your cats raw chicken just now - cats are
>> susceptible to bird flu.
>>
>> Hugs,
>>
>> CatNipped
>>
>
> As Francis actually has cr*pped on the windscreen of my car (well,
> hurked a hairball actually), should I be concerned?

might be concerned that your post has nothing to do with this thread,
but other than that... cats generally can't choose when to hork up a
hairball, AFAIK.

November 15th 05, 12:48 PM
Can cats not eat pork?

Not the Muslim ones, its against the religion, swine and all that... The
rest seem to manage no problem...

Phil P.
November 16th 05, 12:22 AM
> wrote in message
oups.com...

> The reason I never trusted raw chicken was salmonella. I don't even
> know whether cats contract that or not, but I always cooked the chicken
> first for them.

Cats are highly resistant to salmonella because of the acidity of their
stomach- about pH 1- almost all hydrochloric acid! But some salmonellae can
skirt the stomach acid and make its way into bloodstream and then saliva.
When the cat grooms herself or another cat, she can contaminate her coat>>
which can then contaminate the environment and presents a risk for kittens
and humans- especially toddlers who spend a lot of time on the floor, and
the elderly who may be immunocompromised.

So, its always a good idea to cook chicken thoroughly.

Phil.

whitershadeofpale
November 16th 05, 12:48 AM
Phil P. wrote:

> Cats are highly resistant to salmonella because of the acidity of their
> stomach- about pH 1- almost all hydrochloric acid! But some salmonellae can
> skirt the stomach acid and make its way into bloodstream and then saliva.
> When the cat grooms herself or another cat, she can contaminate her coat>>

yeah, that's what I was thinking
I was getting ready to say that

> which can then contaminate the environment and presents a risk for kittens
> and humans- especially toddlers who spend a lot of time on the floor, and
> the elderly who may be immunocompromised.

nothing worse than a contaminated cat who crawls all over elderly folk,
especially around thier face. (Taking for granted the original food
consumed had trichinosis)

> So, its always a good idea to cook chicken thoroughly.
>
> Phil.

Teddy
November 16th 05, 01:25 PM
This explains why their throw-up on the windowsill removed the finish.

Phil P.
November 16th 05, 10:50 PM
"Teddy" > wrote in message
...
> This explains why their throw-up on the windowsill removed the finish.

Strong stuff, ain't it! ;-)

badwilson
November 19th 05, 03:44 AM
CatNipped wrote:

>
> I was going by a news report that had said the bird flu killed
tigers
> in a zoo in Thailand:
>
> http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/3755908.stm
>
> Hugs,
>
> CatNipped

Wow, I was just at that tiger zoo on Sunday! Even had a baby tiger on
my lap and bottle fed him! Here's a pic!
http://community.webshots.com/photo/325997400/507242303CfCYtC
I feel so sad that so many of those beautiful tigers are dead :-(
--
Britta
"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast." -- Unknown
Check out pictures of Vino at:
http://photos.yahoo.com/badwilson click on the Vino album

Upscale
November 19th 05, 04:56 AM
"badwilson" > wrote in message
> Wow, I was just at that tiger zoo on Sunday! Even had a baby tiger on
> my lap and bottle fed him! Here's a pic!
> http://community.webshots.com/photo/325997400/507242303CfCYtC

He's gorgeous. Did he ever purr like a house cat?

rpl
November 19th 05, 05:09 AM
Upscale wrote:
> "badwilson" > wrote in message
>> Wow, I was just at that tiger zoo on Sunday! Even had a baby tiger on
>> my lap and bottle fed him! Here's a pic!
>> http://community.webshots.com/photo/325997400/507242303CfCYtC
>
> He's gorgeous. Did he ever purr like a house cat?
>
>
Big Cats purr in only one direction (inhale or exhale I can't remember)

badwilson
November 19th 05, 06:12 AM
Upscale wrote:
> "badwilson" > wrote in message
>> Wow, I was just at that tiger zoo on Sunday! Even had a baby tiger
>> on my lap and bottle fed him! Here's a pic!
>> http://community.webshots.com/photo/325997400/507242303CfCYtC
>
> He's gorgeous. Did he ever purr like a house cat?

No, but he was making some pretty loud sucking and slurping noises
when drinking from his bottle. And he was sooooo soft and his paws
were absolutely huge :-)
--
Britta
"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast." -- Unknown
Check out pictures of Vino at:
http://photos.yahoo.com/badwilson click on the Vino album

Exocat
November 19th 05, 11:02 AM
"badwilson" > wrote
> http://community.webshots.com/photo/325997400/507242303CfCYtC

AAAAAWWWWWWWWW!

I want one!

(Of both)

Purrs
Gordon & the FF

Adrian
November 19th 05, 02:48 PM
badwilson wrote:
> CatNipped wrote:
>
>>
>> I was going by a news report that had said the bird flu killed tigers
>> in a zoo in Thailand:
>>
>> http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/3755908.stm
>>
>> Hugs,
>>
>> CatNipped
>
> Wow, I was just at that tiger zoo on Sunday! Even had a baby tiger on
> my lap and bottle fed him! Here's a pic!
> http://community.webshots.com/photo/325997400/507242303CfCYtC
> I feel so sad that so many of those beautiful tigers are dead :-(

Very pretty, the tiger's nice as well. ;-)
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
A House is not a home, without a cat.
http://community.webshots.com/user/clowderuk

whayface
November 19th 05, 03:58 PM
On Sat, 19 Nov 2005 13:48:02 -0000, "Adrian" > wrote:

>>> I was going by a news report that had said the bird flu killed tigers
>>> in a zoo in Thailand:
>>>
>>> http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/3755908.stm
>>>
>>> Hugs,
>>>
>>> CatNipped
>>
>> Wow, I was just at that tiger zoo on Sunday! Even had a baby tiger on
>> my lap and bottle fed him! Here's a pic!
>> http://community.webshots.com/photo/325997400/507242303CfCYtC
>> I feel so sad that so many of those beautiful tigers are dead :-(
>
>Very pretty, the tiger's nice as well. ;-)


CAN CATS EAT PORK !?!?!

5cats
November 19th 05, 05:27 PM
whayface wrote:

>
> CAN CATS EAT PORK !?!?!

Yes, they can.

EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)
November 19th 05, 09:39 PM
badwilson wrote:

> CatNipped wrote:
>
>
>>I was going by a news report that had said the bird flu killed
>
> tigers
>
>>in a zoo in Thailand:
>>
>>http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/3755908.stm
>>
>>Hugs,
>>
>>CatNipped
>
>
> Wow, I was just at that tiger zoo on Sunday! Even had a baby tiger on
> my lap and bottle fed him! Here's a pic!

Oh, I'm so jealous!!!!

EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)
November 19th 05, 09:41 PM
badwilson wrote:

> Upscale wrote:
>
>>"badwilson" > wrote in message
>>
>>>Wow, I was just at that tiger zoo on Sunday! Even had a baby tiger
>>>on my lap and bottle fed him! Here's a pic!
>>>http://community.webshots.com/photo/325997400/507242303CfCYtC
>>
>>He's gorgeous. Did he ever purr like a house cat?
>
>
> No, but he was making some pretty loud sucking and slurping noises
> when drinking from his bottle. And he was sooooo soft and his paws
> were absolutely huge :-)

I'm sure he'll grow into them! (But I expect his
bottle-feeding days will be long past, by then.)
> --
> Britta
> "There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast." -- Unknown
> Check out pictures of Vino at:
> http://photos.yahoo.com/badwilson click on the Vino album
>
>
>
>
>

Lumpy
November 19th 05, 10:14 PM
"EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" > wrote in message
...
>
>
> badwilson wrote:
>
> > Upscale wrote:
> >
> >>"badwilson" > wrote in message
> >>
> >>>Wow, I was just at that tiger zoo on Sunday! Even had a baby tiger
> >>>on my lap and bottle fed him! Here's a pic!
> >>>http://community.webshots.com/photo/325997400/507242303CfCYtC
> >>
> >>He's gorgeous. Did he ever purr like a house cat?
> >
> >
> > No, but he was making some pretty loud sucking and slurping noises
> > when drinking from his bottle. And he was sooooo soft and his paws
> > were absolutely huge :-)
>
> I'm sure he'll grow into them! (But I expect his
> bottle-feeding days will be long past, by then.)
> > --
> > Britta
> > "There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast." -- Unknown
> > Check out pictures of Vino at:
> > http://photos.yahoo.com/badwilson click on the Vino album
> >

*PLONK*

whitershadeofpale
November 19th 05, 10:41 PM
Lumpy wrote:
> "EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" > wrote in message
> ...
> >
> >
> > badwilson wrote:
> >
> > > Upscale wrote:
> > >
> > >>"badwilson" > wrote in message
> > >>
> > >>>Wow, I was just at that tiger zoo on Sunday! Even had a baby tiger
> > >>>on my lap and bottle fed him! Here's a pic!
> > >>>http://community.webshots.com/photo/325997400/507242303CfCYtC
> > >>
> > >>He's gorgeous. Did he ever purr like a house cat?
> > >
> > >
> > > No, but he was making some pretty loud sucking and slurping noises
> > > when drinking from his bottle. And he was sooooo soft and his paws
> > > were absolutely huge :-)
> >
> > I'm sure he'll grow into them! (But I expect his
> > bottle-feeding days will be long past, by then.)
> > > --
> > > Britta
> > > "There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast." -- Unknown
> > > Check out pictures of Vino at:
> > > http://photos.yahoo.com/badwilson click on the Vino album
> > >
>
> *PLONK*

damn! did you fall in or what

hehehe

rpl
November 19th 05, 11:54 PM
whayface wrote:
> On Sat, 19 Nov 2005 13:48:02 -0000, "Adrian" > wrote:
>
>>>> I was going by a news report that had said the bird flu killed tigers
>>>> in a zoo in Thailand:
>>>>
>>>> http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/3755908.stm
>>>>
>>>> Hugs,
>>>>
>>>> CatNipped
>>> Wow, I was just at that tiger zoo on Sunday! Even had a baby tiger on
>>> my lap and bottle fed him! Here's a pic!
>>> http://community.webshots.com/photo/325997400/507242303CfCYtC
>>> I feel so sad that so many of those beautiful tigers are dead :-(
>> Very pretty, the tiger's nice as well. ;-)
>
>
> CAN CATS EAT PORK !?!?!

That one could take it right from the sty.

-L.
November 21st 05, 09:30 AM
Lumpy wrote:
>
> *PLONK*


"You so studly with that killfile. :') Meanwhile, killfiles are for
people who lack the self-control to simply pass over what they
don't want to read. I never use them, but I understand why a
twit like you does. "
-- MaryS./Topaz/cybercat/Lumpy, Jan 21, 2005
ref:
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.pets.cats.health+behav/msg/fe3e824568616811?dmode=source

-L
(with a bonus IP address that can be traced!).

cybercat
November 21st 05, 06:31 PM
"-L." > wrote in message
oups.com...
>
> Lumpy wrote:
> >
> > *PLONK*
>
>
> "You so studly with that killfile. :') Meanwhile, killfiles are for
> people who lack the self-control to simply pass over what they
> don't want to read. I never use them, but I understand why a
> twit like you does. "
> -- MaryS./Topaz/cybercat/Lumpy, Jan 21, 2005
> ref:
>
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.pets.cats.health+behav/msg/fe3e824568616811?dmode=source
>
> -L
> (with a bonus IP address that can be traced!).
>

Killfile? Me? Is that what you think I meant by *PLONK*?

whitershadeofpale
November 21st 05, 07:15 PM
cybercat wrote:

> Killfile? Me? Is that what you think I meant by *PLONK*?

what goes *PLONKT*?

that's why I was thinking you fell in da tollet

Lumpy
November 21st 05, 07:27 PM
"whitershadeofpale" > wrote in message
oups.com...
>
> cybercat wrote:
>
> > Killfile? Me? Is that what you think I meant by *PLONK*?
>
> what goes *PLONKT*?
>
> that's why I was thinking you fell in da tollet
>

Aha! Although you are wrong, you are at least closer to the
truth than Lyn. And much closer to God since you at have a
sense of humor.

How are you close? Because you realize that *PLONK*
does not necessarily mean what it usually means, comprende?

The answer to the riddle lies in the original post.

Who, children, did I say *PLONK* to?

Was it the same person who I said *PLONK* to in post made
just a few minutes later? And if so, could I have actually killfiled her?

Nooooo, I could not have.

Now then, why might I want to say "PLONK* to Divamanque?

Anyone?

-L.
November 22nd 05, 12:37 PM
Lumpy wrote:
> Aha! Although you are wrong, you are at least closer to the
> truth than Lyn. And much closer to God since you at have a
> sense of humor.
>
> How are you close? Because you realize that *PLONK*
> does not necessarily mean what it usually means, comprende?
>
> The answer to the riddle lies in the original post.
>
> Who, children, did I say *PLONK* to?
>
> Was it the same person who I said *PLONK* to in post made
> just a few minutes later? And if so, could I have actually killfiled her?
>
> Nooooo, I could not have.
>
> Now then, why might I want to say "PLONK* to Divamanque?
>
> Anyone?

You're more pathetic than Phil.

-L.

whitershadeofpale
November 22nd 05, 12:45 PM
Lumpy wrote:

> Now then, why might I want to say "PLONK* to Divamanque?
>
> Anyone?

Iiiiii know what it means...
(are you kidding, as many times as I've been plonked on here)

I was just frettin on ya!

Prozack
November 22nd 05, 01:18 PM
Lumpy wrote:

> Anyone?

oh just stoppit!

Lumpy...hehehe you're killin me smalls, you're killin me

cybercat
November 22nd 05, 07:09 PM
"-L." > wrote in message
ps.com...
>
> Lumpy wrote:
> > Aha! Although you are wrong, you are at least closer to the
> > truth than Lyn. And much closer to God since you at have a
> > sense of humor.
> >
> > How are you close? Because you realize that *PLONK*
> > does not necessarily mean what it usually means, comprende?
> >
> > The answer to the riddle lies in the original post.
> >
> > Who, children, did I say *PLONK* to?
> >
> > Was it the same person who I said *PLONK* to in post made
> > just a few minutes later? And if so, could I have actually killfiled
her?
> >
> > Nooooo, I could not have.
> >
> > Now then, why might I want to say "PLONK* to Divamanque?
> >
> > Anyone?
>
> You're more pathetic than Phil.
>

It was Divamanque, Lyn. She regularly flounces out just to
say *PLONK* with a great flourish. Just as a Diva should.
I was poking fun at her. Bet she got it, too.

whitershadeofpale
November 22nd 05, 08:42 PM
cybercat wrote:

> It was Divamanque, Lyn. She regularly flounces out just to
> say *PLONK* with a great flourish. Just as a Diva should.
> I was poking fun at her. Bet she got it, too.

ok ok..

so PLONK is usually unexpected by the plonked?

whereas KaPlonk might constitute someone "falling in" da tollet.

ahight...

ok ok,...
lemme do one

No More Retail
November 23rd 05, 12:55 AM
or someone knocking some sense into you
"whitershadeofpale" > wrote in message
oups.com...
>
> cybercat wrote:
>
>> It was Divamanque, Lyn. She regularly flounces out just to
>> say *PLONK* with a great flourish. Just as a Diva should.
>> I was poking fun at her. Bet she got it, too.
>
> ok ok..
>
> so PLONK is usually unexpected by the plonked?
>
> whereas KaPlonk might constitute someone "falling in" da tollet.
>
> ahight...
>
> ok ok,...
> lemme do one
>

§cratch
November 23rd 05, 01:04 AM
No More Retail wrote:
> or someone knocking some sense into you


damn top posters!

go wipe you're ass on you're money or something

No More Retail
November 23rd 05, 01:09 AM
STFU I get people [email protected] about not knowing who I am replying to now I get
you complaining about this
"§cratch" > wrote in message
oups.com...
>
> No More Retail wrote:
>> or someone knocking some sense into you
>
>
> damn top posters!
>
> go wipe you're ass on you're money or something
>
just for you

STFU I get people [email protected] about not knowing who I am replying to now I get
you complaining about this

§cratch
November 23rd 05, 01:23 AM
No More Retail wrote:

> STFU I get people [email protected] about not knowing who I am replying to now I get
> you complaining about this

I think somebody needs a hug!

will somebody please go get the huggers!

Lumpy
November 23rd 05, 02:00 AM
"§cratch" > wrote in message
oups.com...
>
> No More Retail wrote:
> > or someone knocking some sense into you
>
>
> damn top posters!
>
> go wipe you're ass on you're money or something
>

Okay, what started this "have" and "have not" theme?

Most people are in the "have some, want a lot more"
camp, anyway. ;)

Lumpy
November 23rd 05, 02:01 AM
"No More Retail" > wrote in message
...
> STFU I get people [email protected] about not knowing who I am replying to now I
get
> you complaining about this

We bitch, therefore we is. :) I like to middle post. This is an example of a
middle post. Do not adjust your monitor!

> "§cratch" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
> >
> > No More Retail wrote:
> >> or someone knocking some sense into you
> >
> >
> > damn top posters!
> >
> > go wipe you're ass on you're money or something
> >
> just for you
>
> STFU I get people [email protected] about not knowing who I am replying to now I
get
> you complaining about this
>
>

Lumpy
November 23rd 05, 02:02 AM
"§cratch" > wrote in message
oups.com...
>
> No More Retail wrote:
>
> > STFU I get people [email protected] about not knowing who I am replying to now I
get
> > you complaining about this
>
> I think somebody needs a hug!
>
> will somebody please go get the huggers!
>

CATNIPPED~~~~!!

Where are you, girl?

CatNipped
November 23rd 05, 04:20 AM
"Lumpy" > wrote in message ...
>
> "§cratch" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
> >
> > No More Retail wrote:
> >
> > > STFU I get people [email protected] about not knowing who I am replying to now
I
> get
> > > you complaining about this
> >
> > I think somebody needs a hug!
> >
> > will somebody please go get the huggers!
> >
>
> CATNIPPED~~~~!!
>
> Where are you, girl?

Here I am! Who needs hugs??! {HUGGERS} {HUGGERS} {HUGGERS}

Hugs,

CatNipped

cybercat
November 23rd 05, 05:08 AM
"CatNipped" > wrote in message
...
> "Lumpy" > wrote in message
...
> >
> > "§cratch" > wrote in message
> > oups.com...
> > >
> > > No More Retail wrote:
> > >
> > > > STFU I get people [email protected] about not knowing who I am replying to
now
> I
> > get
> > > > you complaining about this
> > >
> > > I think somebody needs a hug!
> > >
> > > will somebody please go get the huggers!
> > >
> >
> > CATNIPPED~~~~!!
> >
> > Where are you, girl?
>
> Here I am! Who needs hugs??! {HUGGERS} {HUGGERS} {HUGGERS}
>
> Hugs,
>
> CatNipped
>
>
Me and my Evil Twin Lumpy just knew we could count on you
for some hugs!

{SQUeeZING CATNIPPED}

:)

Coldshot
November 23rd 05, 05:42 AM
CatNipped wrote:

> > CATNIPPED~~~~!!
> >
> > Where are you, girl?
>
> Here I am! Who needs hugs??! {HUGGERS} {HUGGERS} {HUGGERS}
>
> Hugs,
>
> CatNipped

that was good! I could see his eyes get big with each hug
like a rubber squeek toy...

cybercat
November 23rd 05, 08:15 AM
"Coldshot" > wrote in message
oups.com...
>
> CatNipped wrote:
>
> > > CATNIPPED~~~~!!
> > >
> > > Where are you, girl?
> >
> > Here I am! Who needs hugs??! {HUGGERS} {HUGGERS} {HUGGERS}
> >
> > Hugs,
> >
> > CatNipped
>
> that was good! I could see his eyes get big with each hug
> like a rubber squeek toy...
>

lol!