PDA

View Full Version : Re: Thing in a bag

cybercat
September 30th 05, 12:50 AM
"Diane" > wrote in message
> I just bought Hodge a "thing in a bag." It's a brown Tyvek lunch sack
> size bag with a three-battery motor that vibrates its way around at
> random intervals for three minutes (before shutting off).
>
> He hates it. :)
> --

I got this for Christmas last year. My cat is scared of it.

cybercat
September 30th 05, 03:15 AM
"Diane" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "cybercat" > wrote:
>
> > "Diane" > wrote in message
> > > I just bought Hodge a "thing in a bag." It's a brown Tyvek lunch sack
> > > size bag with a three-battery motor that vibrates its way around at
> > > random intervals for three minutes (before shutting off).
> > >
> > > He hates it. :)
> > > --
> >
> > I got this for Christmas last year. My cat is scared of it.
>
> I can understand that. Hodge will approach it in its quiescent state; if
> it starts moving, he pins it down. He's an aggressive, dominant little
> devil.

My little girl is quite the scaredy cat, but I really thought she'd
see that it was a toy! She liked the box it came it!

>I would not have tried it with my late Pudge, who was a sweet
> cuddler. She might have found it playful, but it might have terrified
> her. Hard to say.

They're unpredictable critters, that's for sure.

MaryL
October 1st 05, 10:46 PM
"Diane" > wrote in message
>I just bought Hodge a "thing in a bag." It's a brown Tyvek lunch sack
> size bag with a three-battery motor that vibrates its way around at
> random intervals for three minutes (before shutting off).
>
> He hates it. :)
> --
> Web site: http://www.slywy.com/
> Message board: http://www.slywy.com/phpBB2/
> Journal: http://slywy.diaryland.com/

I bought one, too, and soon found that it was useless for my household.
Duffy was leery of it -- investigated it, then ignored it. Holly tapped it
a few times, then also ignored it. I thought they would like it (but
especially Duffy because he could hear where it was), but this toy was a big
fizzle.

MaryL

Cheryl
October 2nd 05, 01:00 AM
On Sat 01 Oct 2005 05:46:52p, MaryL wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav (news:etD%[email protected]):

> I bought one, too, and soon found that it was useless for my
> household. Duffy was leery of it -- investigated it, then
> ignored it. Holly tapped it a few times, then also ignored it.
> I thought they would like it (but especially Duffy because he
> could hear where it was), but this toy was a big fizzle.

Like Cheese Mountain was a big fizzle.

--
Cheryl

MaryL
October 2nd 05, 04:08 AM
"Cheryl" > wrote in message
> On Sat 01 Oct 2005 05:46:52p, MaryL wrote in
> rec.pets.cats.health+behav (news:etD%[email protected]):
>
>> I bought one, too, and soon found that it was useless for my
>> household. Duffy was leery of it -- investigated it, then
>> ignored it. Holly tapped it a few times, then also ignored it.
>> I thought they would like it (but especially Duffy because he
>> could hear where it was), but this toy was a big fizzle.
>
> Like Cheese Mountain was a big fizzle.
>
> --
> Cheryl

Yep. Pretty much the same thing. On the other hand, Duffy *loves* the
turbo scratcher. The ball is in a fixed track, so he always knows where it
is. He will leap back and forth over the circle, hitting the ball on the
way; and he's ambidextrous -- he will bat the ball first with one paw to go
one direction, wait for it to make the circle, then hit it with his other
paw to go the other direction. He even uses it as a bed. He will meatloaf
in the center "scratching" section. Holly occasionally uses it, but it is
Duffy who gets real pleasure from it.

MaryL