PDA

View Full Version : How quickly can a feral colony assemble?

Brian Link
October 1st 05, 02:58 AM
For those of you unfamiliar with St. Paul, Minnesota - it's a very
wooded city. There are few urban areas very far from large parks or
wild train-track areas. Five blocks away from my house is several
dozen acres of wild wetlands, and a lake park. Lots of room for a
colony to establish, hide and hunt.

Tonight I saw the sixth new cat in my neighborhood in the last two
weeks. All of them untagged, young-looking and for the most part
healthy.

I'm beginning to wonder whether I'm seeing the teenagers of a few
litters starting to spread out. If it's a feral colony, there's dozens
more secreted away somewhere that I haven't seen.

This is so frustrating. Tonight driving home I saw a dead cat at the
side of the road, and craned my eyes to see if he looked like our
little tabby visitor of the other night. He wasn't - but nonetheless a
casualty of cats wandering without owners. God I hate that.

BLink

cyberferalcats
October 1st 05, 03:11 AM
"Brian Link" > wrote in message
> For those of you unfamiliar with St. Paul, Minnesota - it's a very
> wooded city. There are few urban areas very far from large parks or
> wild train-track areas. Five blocks away from my house is several
> dozen acres of wild wetlands, and a lake park. Lots of room for a
> colony to establish, hide and hunt.
>
> Tonight I saw the sixth new cat in my neighborhood in the last two
> weeks. All of them untagged, young-looking and for the most part
> healthy.
>
> I'm beginning to wonder whether I'm seeing the teenagers of a few
> litters starting to spread out. If it's a feral colony, there's
> dozens
> more secreted away somewhere that I haven't seen.
>
> This is so frustrating. Tonight driving home I saw a dead cat at the
> side of the road, and craned my eyes to see if he looked like our
> little tabby visitor of the other night. He wasn't - but nonetheless
> casualty of cats wandering without owners. God I hate that.
>
> BLink

Oh just shut up Brian. No one cares about your drunk ramblings.

SexySoxy
October 1st 05, 03:20 AM
cyberferalcats wrote:

> Oh just shut up Brian. No one cares about your drunk ramblings.

*snicker*

SS

Brian Link
October 1st 05, 03:55 AM
On Fri, 30 Sep 2005 22:11:55 -0400, "cyberferalcats" >
wrote:

>"Brian Link" > wrote in message
>> For those of you unfamiliar with St. Paul, Minnesota - it's a very
>> wooded city. There are few urban areas very far from large parks or
>> wild train-track areas. Five blocks away from my house is several
>> dozen acres of wild wetlands, and a lake park. Lots of room for a
>> colony to establish, hide and hunt.
>>
>> Tonight I saw the sixth new cat in my neighborhood in the last two
>> weeks. All of them untagged, young-looking and for the most part
>> healthy.
>>
>> I'm beginning to wonder whether I'm seeing the teenagers of a few
>> litters starting to spread out. If it's a feral colony, there's
>> dozens
>> more secreted away somewhere that I haven't seen.
>>
>> This is so frustrating. Tonight driving home I saw a dead cat at the
>> side of the road, and craned my eyes to see if he looked like our
>> little tabby visitor of the other night. He wasn't - but nonetheless
>> casualty of cats wandering without owners. God I hate that.
>>
>> BLink
>
>Oh just shut up Brian. No one cares about your drunk ramblings.

rofl

Gladrags
October 1st 05, 04:13 AM
Brian Link wrote:

> On Fri, 30 Sep 2005 22:11:55 -0400, "cyberferalcats" >
> wrote:
>
> >"Brian Link" > wrote in message
> >> For those of you unfamiliar with St. Paul, Minnesota - it's a very
> >> wooded city. There are few urban areas very far from large parks or
> >> wild train-track areas. Five blocks away from my house is several
> >> dozen acres of wild wetlands, and a lake park. Lots of room for a
> >> colony to establish, hide and hunt.
> >>
> >> Tonight I saw the sixth new cat in my neighborhood in the last two
> >> weeks. All of them untagged, young-looking and for the most part
> >> healthy.
> >>
> >> I'm beginning to wonder whether I'm seeing the teenagers of a few
> >> litters starting to spread out. If it's a feral colony, there's
> >> dozens
> >> more secreted away somewhere that I haven't seen.
> >>
> >> This is so frustrating. Tonight driving home I saw a dead cat at the
> >> side of the road, and craned my eyes to see if he looked like our
> >> little tabby visitor of the other night. He wasn't - but nonetheless
> >> casualty of cats wandering without owners. God I hate that.
> >>
> >> BLink
> >
> >Oh just shut up Brian. No one cares about your drunk ramblings.
> >

> rofl

Now who does that sound like to you? Think maybe for some reason your
good buddy Megan has gone underground? And is still ****ed
at you?

+L
October 1st 05, 04:31 AM
"Gladrags" > wrote in message
news:aHlwYXRpYQ==.563aa5348ae2c018b96649553c3bc550 @1128136410.nulluser.com...
> Brian Link wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 30 Sep 2005 22:11:55 -0400, "cyberferalcats"
>> >
>> wrote:

>> >Oh just shut up Brian. No one cares about your drunk ramblings.
>> >

>> rofl
>
> Now who does that sound like to you? Think maybe for some reason
> your
> good buddy Megan has gone underground? And is still ****ed
> at you?

NancyMaryS, two times in the last half hour you've seen Megan in two
posts. Are you obsessed? Do you see Megan everywhere? Is she living in
ur head?

Hint: "good buddy" gives you away. But your not hiding, your avoiding
the google archives, rncha.

cybercat
October 1st 05, 04:44 AM
"+L" > wrote in message
news:[email protected] eranews...

> "Gladrags" > wrote in message

news:aHlwYXRpYQ==.563aa5348ae2c018b96649553c3bc550 @1128136410.nulluser.com...
> > Brian Link wrote:

> >> rofl
> >
> > Now who does that sound like to you? Think maybe for some reason
> > your
> > good buddy Megan has gone underground? And is still ****ed
> > at you?
> >

> NancyMaryS, two times in the last half hour you've seen Megan in two
> posts. Are you obsessed? Do you see Megan everywhere? Is she living in
> ur head?
>
> Hint: "good buddy" gives you away. But your not hiding, your avoiding
> the google archives, rncha.

Oh please. Megan might as well have signed that. It is her typical
venomous, humorless style.

Otherwise, it's just PKB all over the place, "cyberferals", as you seem
to see NancyMaryS everywhere now don't you? Have something
against "hiding," do you, "cyberferals?"? <snicker> back at you.

Happily, it doesn't matter who you are. Well, except sometimes. Know
what I mean? :)

cyberferalcats
October 1st 05, 04:51 AM
"cybercat" > wrote in message

> "+L" > wrote in message
> news:[email protected] eranews...
>>
>> "Gladrags" > wrote in message
>>
> news:aHlwYXRpYQ==.563aa5348ae2c018b96649553c3bc550 @1128136410.nulluser.com...

>> > Now who does that sound like to you? Think maybe for some reason
>> > your
>> > good buddy Megan has gone underground? And is still ****ed
>> > at you?
>> >

>> NancyMaryS, two times in the last half hour you've seen Megan in
>> two
>> posts. Are you obsessed? Do you see Megan everywhere? Is she living
>> in
>> ur head?
>>
>> Hint: "good buddy" gives you away. But your not hiding, your
>> avoiding
>> the google archives, rncha.
>>

> Oh please. Megan might as well have signed that. It is her typical
> venomous, humorless style.
>
> Otherwise, it's just PKB all over the place, "cyberferals", as you
> seem
> to see NancyMaryS everywhere now don't you? Have something
> against "hiding," do you, "cyberferals?"? <snicker> back at you.
>
> Happily, it doesn't matter who you are. Well, except sometimes. Know
> what I mean? :)

I do, Nancy. Mary. I see everything. Everything.

SexySoxy
October 1st 05, 04:55 AM
cyberferalcats wrote:
> "cybercat" > wrote in message

> > Happily, it doesn't matter who you are. Well, except sometimes. Know
> > what I mean? :)
> >

> I do, Nancy. Mary. I see everything. Everything.

All I know is who *I* am, the hottest, smartest Siamese mix on
usenet!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SS

J. Anistan
October 1st 05, 04:58 AM
"cybercat" > wrote in message

> "+L" > wrote in message
> news:[email protected] eranews...
>>
>> "Gladrags" > wrote in message
>>
> news:aHlwYXRpYQ==.563aa5348ae2c018b96649553c3bc550 @1128136410.nulluser.com...

>> > Now who does that sound like to you? Think maybe for some reason
>> > your
>> > good buddy Megan has gone underground? And is still ****ed
>> > at you?
>> >

>> NancyMaryS, two times in the last half hour you've seen Megan in
>> two
>> posts. Are you obsessed? Do you see Megan everywhere? Is she living
>> in
>> ur head?
>>
>> Hint: "good buddy" gives you away. But your not hiding, your
>> avoiding
>> the google archives, rncha.
>>

> Oh please. Megan might as well have signed that. It is her typical
> venomous, humorless style.
>
> Otherwise, it's just PKB all over the place, "cyberferals", as you
> seem
> to see NancyMaryS everywhere now don't you? Have something
> against "hiding," do you, "cyberferals?"? <snicker> back at you.
>
> Happily, it doesn't matter who you are. Well, except sometimes. Know
> what I mean? :)

Does it matter that you call the police on someone on the other side
of the country because something on Usenet made you uncomfortable? Or
was that one of your troll friends? Happily it doesn't matter because
one of you is taking Usenet out of Usenet. What's the matter, spoon
got hot? You and Charlie can't take the heat anymore?

cybercat
October 1st 05, 05:03 AM
"cyberferalcats" > wrote

> > Happily, it doesn't matter who you are. Well, except sometimes. Know
> > what I mean? :)
> >

> I do, Nancy. Mary.

Who?? I am not Nancy Mary. Is that your Mama? Are you looking for your Mama?
How very strange.

>I see everything. Everything.

Um. Of course you do, dear. Just try to remain calm.

You are really funny, or maybe crazy. lol!

cybercat
October 1st 05, 05:05 AM
"J. Anistan" > wrote

> Does it matter that you call the police on someone on the other side
> of the country because something on Usenet made you uncomfortable? Or
> was that one of your troll friends? Happily it doesn't matter because
> one of you is taking Usenet out of Usenet. What's the matter, spoon
> got hot? You and Charlie can't take the heat anymore?

Who? What are you talking about?

Is it a full moon out there? ;) Oh, no, it's Friday night and the
beer is flowing. Oh, well, to each his own.

cybercat
October 1st 05, 05:05 AM
"SexySoxy" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> cyberferalcats wrote:
> > "cybercat" > wrote in message
>
> > > Happily, it doesn't matter who you are. Well, except sometimes. Know
> > > what I mean? :)
> > >

> > I do, Nancy. Mary. I see everything. Everything.
>
> All I know is who *I* am, the hottest, smartest Siamese mix on
> usenet!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yay, Sexy Soxy. :)

NCM
October 1st 05, 05:12 AM
"cybercat" >

> "J. Anistan" > wrote
>

>> Does it matter that you call the police on someone on the other
>> side
>> of the country because something on Usenet made you uncomfortable?
>> Or
>> was that one of your troll friends? Happily it doesn't matter
>> because
>> one of you is taking Usenet out of Usenet. What's the matter, spoon
>> got hot? You and Charlie can't take the heat anymore?
>>

> Who? What are you talking about?
>
> Is it a full moon out there? ;) Oh, no, it's Friday night and the
> beer is flowing. Oh, well, to each his own.

Mary, you aren't fooling anyone. Your whole setup is just to discredit
someone. Or someoneS. Look at your email address ****. Hell, it showed
up in the headers of one of your socks. How did that happen? Hmm
sunshine? Your posts with names that only a few know are meant to
intimidate. Everyone knows that. Your mistake was to replace an
initial with a full name. You're a very sick woman and you need help.

Brian Link
October 1st 05, 06:48 AM
On Sat, 1 Oct 2005 15:13:30 +1200 (NRT), "Gladrags" >
wrote:

>Brian Link wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 30 Sep 2005 22:11:55 -0400, "cyberferalcats" >
>> wrote:

>> >Oh just shut up Brian. No one cares about your drunk ramblings.
>> >

>> rofl
>
>Now who does that sound like to you? Think maybe for some reason your
>good buddy Megan has gone underground? And is still ****ed
>at you?

I'm sure Megan is still ****ed at me. That doesn't detract from the
fact she's still a great resource for us cat-lovers. She is ****ing
brilliant.

I hope she posts here again someday. I've ****ed up my own
relationship with her, but that doesn't mean she's not an incredible
resource for those of us who love cats.

I really doubt she's gone underground. From what I've learned of her
she's more likely to have just stopped reading this group.

Personally, I wish i could re-open a conversation with her. But there
are other folks on this newsgroup who can help me out. So I keep
posting.

Btw- give me ONE example where Megan was proved wrong. You can't do
it. Thanks for playing.

Now help me with my cat questions...

BLink

SexySoxy
October 1st 05, 07:01 AM
Brian Link wrote:

> I really doubt she's gone underground. From what I've learned of her
> she's more likely to have just stopped reading this group.

FYI, she has posted within the last week on the thread, "Help - cat
keeps licking her back."

SS

Brian Link
October 1st 05, 07:02 AM
On Sat, 1 Oct 2005 00:12:11 -0400, "NCM" > wrote:

>"cybercat" >
>>
>> "J. Anistan" > wrote
>>

>>> Does it matter that you call the police on someone on the other
>>> side
>>> of the country because something on Usenet made you uncomfortable?
>>> Or
>>> was that one of your troll friends? Happily it doesn't matter
>>> because
>>> one of you is taking Usenet out of Usenet. What's the matter, spoon
>>> got hot? You and Charlie can't take the heat anymore?
>>>

>> Who? What are you talking about?
>>
>> Is it a full moon out there? ;) Oh, no, it's Friday night and the
>> beer is flowing. Oh, well, to each his own.
>>

>Mary, you aren't fooling anyone. Your whole setup is just to discredit
>someone. Or someoneS. Look at your email address ****. Hell, it showed
>up in the headers of one of your socks. How did that happen? Hmm
>sunshine? Your posts with names that only a few know are meant to
>intimidate. Everyone knows that. Your mistake was to replace an
>initial with a full name. You're a very sick woman and you need help.

I'm not gonna chime in on the flaming of Mary. Her history speaks for
itself.

I just wanna help these kitties, and if the discussion disintegrates
into flamewars, it's obviously useless.

Don't feed the trolls. Take it to email. There are too many kitties
that need our help.

BLink

Karen
October 1st 05, 04:51 PM