PDA

View Full Version : Tuna Juice Okay?

Chris
October 1st 05, 05:27 AM
Hello Group!

My cats are 5 and 6, good health so far, healthy weight. They
eat canned and dry.

I use canned tuna in salads and in my son's lunch and the
cats love to drink the juice.

Is this okay for them, maybe three times a week, the juice
from one can each?

Thnx, Chris

SexySoxy
October 1st 05, 06:59 AM
Chris wrote:
> Hello Group!
>
> My cats are 5 and 6, good health so far, healthy weight. They
> eat canned and dry.
>
> I use canned tuna in salads and in my son's lunch and the
> cats love to drink the juice.
>
> Is this okay for them, maybe three times a week, the juice
> from one can each?
>
> Thnx, Chris

Is it tuna in oil or tuna in water? I definitely wouldn't do the oil.
I would think the water would be okay but I would ask the vet to make
sure.

SS

.oO rach Oo.
October 1st 05, 03:12 PM
It's a great treat for cats. I have checked with my vet in the past and she
agreed. Each time Stella hears the can opener, she is on my shoulder looking
to see it it's a tuna can. She gets the juice plus a little of what gets
stuck in the can. It's a great treat for her. Our other cat, Delilah
couldn't be bothered with it. Let them enjoy!

--
..oO rach Oo.

"Chris" > wrote in message
news:[email protected] eranews...
> Hello Group!
>
> My cats are 5 and 6, good health so far, healthy weight. They
> eat canned and dry.
>
> I use canned tuna in salads and in my son's lunch and the
> cats love to drink the juice.
>
> Is this okay for them, maybe three times a week, the juice
> from one can each?
>
> Thnx, Chris

Steve(JazzHunter)
October 1st 05, 05:15 PM
On Sat, 1 Oct 2005 10:12:46 -0400, ".oO rach Oo."
> wrote:

>It's a great treat for cats. I have checked with my vet in the past and she
>agreed. Each time Stella hears the can opener, she is on my shoulder looking
>to see it it's a tuna can. She gets the juice plus a little of what gets
>stuck in the can. It's a great treat for her. Our other cat, Delilah
>couldn't be bothered with it. Let them enjoy!

I agree. Tuna juice is completely harmless. As noted some cats don't
like it, and in general cats should not be given too much seafood.

We had a situation a couple of decades ago where we had run out of
just about every item of food in the house including cat food and
couldn't buy any more. (evacuation zone) All that was left was tins
of sardines and tuna (and beans.) All the cat food was gone. Our cat
at the time didn't like tuna and wouldn't touch the stuff even when it
was being opened for her consumption. And sardines were even more of
a no-go for Crystal and are certainly not recommened for cats in
general, though those in plain water can be given as a treat.

.. Steve ..

Chris" > wrote in message
news:[email protected] eranews...
> Hello Group!
>
> My cats are 5 and 6, good health so far, healthy weight. They
> eat canned and dry.
>
> I use canned tuna in salads and in my son's lunch and the
> cats love to drink the juice.
>
> Is this okay for them, maybe three times a week, the juice
> from one can each?
>
> Thnx, Chris

October 1st 05, 07:03 PM
On Sat, 01 Oct 2005 04:27:29 GMT, Chris > wrote:

>Hello Group!
>
>My cats are 5 and 6, good health so far, healthy weight. They
>eat canned and dry.
>
>I use canned tuna in salads and in my son's lunch and the
>cats love to drink the juice.
>
>Is this okay for them, maybe three times a week, the juice
>from one can each?
>
> Thnx, Chris

Three times a week may be a bit much, but a little bit of tuna juice
once in awhile shouldn't be a problem. I don't eat tuna very often,
but when I do, it's the tuna in spring water, and I give all the juice
to the cats as an occasional treat.

Ginger-lyn

Home Pages:
http://www.spiritrealm.com/summer/
http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~summer/index.htm (genealogy)
Animals in Movies Website)

whitershadeofpale
October 1st 05, 07:28 PM
tuna juice?

is that your finaly answer

Comeon'...

I need some mental stimulation

Tuna Juice?

Chris wrote:
> Hello Group!
>
> My cats are 5 and 6, good health so far, healthy weight. They
> eat canned and dry.
>
> I use canned tuna in salads and in my son's lunch and the
> cats love to drink the juice.
>
> Is this okay for them, maybe three times a week, the juice
> from one can each?
>
> Thnx, Chris

October 1st 05, 07:43 PM
We have heard it is ok to give them the juice from water packed tuna
but not from the oil packed tuna. Glad to be of service...as we always
are.

Ken and Kathy
(here to educate and serve)

Hello Group!

My cats are 5 and 6, good health so far, healthy weight. They
eat canned and dry.

I use canned tuna in salads and in my son's lunch and the
cats love to drink the juice.

Is this okay for them, maybe three times a week, the juice
from one can each?

Thnx, Chris

Chris
October 3rd 05, 05:52 PM
wrote in
:

>>I use canned tuna in salads and in my son's lunch and the
>>cats love to drink the juice.
>>
>>Is this okay for them, maybe three times a week, the juice
>>from one can each?
>>
>> Thnx, Chris
>
> Three times a week may be a bit much

You may be right. Ill give it to them once a week
and ask my vet when I see him.

To Candace it is in spring water. I wonder why oil is bad,
do you know?

Many thnx to everyone. Got to keep the furbabies happy
and helthy. What else does everyone give for healthy
snax?

--

Chris