PDA

View Full Version : How the mighty are fallen!

whitershadeofpale
October 1st 05, 07:43 PM
"Swifter than an eagle; stronger than a lion"

"How are the mighty fallen in the midst of the battle! "Ruprecht lay
slain upon his high places. I was distressed for him, my friend
Ruprecht; very pleasant he had been to me.

"How are the mighty fallen, and the dogs of war scattered!"

Ruprecht was ambushed by a pack of wild dogs (this was about 6 weeks
ago).

Where I live, there is an old landfill somewhere nearby (so I hear) and
these dogs live at the landfill, but occassionaly wander into our
neighborhood.

I heard Ruprecht fighting these dogs (I was awake, and I jumped out the
door with a fireplace poker)...it was 3 in the morning.
Sure, one on one, Ruprecht could have beaten them, he was at least 20
LBs, and he was wise.

The dogs ran away, I carried Ruprecht inside; but I could tell they had
broke his body. I held him while he passed, there was not time to get
him to a vet; I tell ya, he did not suffer, he was so quiet and just
stared at me...he slipped away gently.

I will always remember him; he was so alive; so intentional.

Thanks for listening.

Charlie Wilkes
October 1st 05, 08:57 PM
On 1 Oct 2005 11:43:26 -0700, "whitershadeofpale"
> wrote:

>"Swifter than an eagle; stronger than a lion"
>
>"How are the mighty fallen in the midst of the battle! "Ruprecht lay
>slain upon his high places. I was distressed for him, my friend
>Ruprecht; very pleasant he had been to me.
>
>"How are the mighty fallen, and the dogs of war scattered!"
>
>Ruprecht was ambushed by a pack of wild dogs (this was about 6 weeks
>ago).
>
>Where I live, there is an old landfill somewhere nearby (so I hear) and
>these dogs live at the landfill, but occassionaly wander into our
>neighborhood.
>
>I heard Ruprecht fighting these dogs (I was awake, and I jumped out the
>door with a fireplace poker)...it was 3 in the morning.
>Sure, one on one, Ruprecht could have beaten them, he was at least 20
>LBs, and he was wise.
>
>The dogs ran away, I carried Ruprecht inside; but I could tell they had
>broke his body. I held him while he passed, there was not time to get
>him to a vet; I tell ya, he did not suffer, he was so quiet and just
>stared at me...he slipped away gently.
>
>I will always remember him; he was so alive; so intentional.
>
>Thanks for listening.

****, Barry, I'm really sorry to hear that. It just sucks.

Charlie

Candace
October 1st 05, 09:17 PM
whitershadeofpale wrote:

> The dogs ran away, I carried Ruprecht inside; but I could tell they had
> broke his body. I held him while he passed, there was not time to get
> him to a vet; I tell ya, he did not suffer, he was so quiet and just
> stared at me...he slipped away gently.
>
> I will always remember him; he was so alive; so intentional.

Oh, Barry, I am so sorry, that's too awful. I know how close you and
Ruprecht were and how much you enjoyed and respected each other. I'm
very, very sorry. I guess that's why you haven't been around.

Please accept my condolences.

Candace

Joe Canuck
October 1st 05, 09:33 PM
whitershadeofpale wrote:

> The dogs ran away, I carried Ruprecht inside; but I could tell they had
> broke his body. I held him while he passed, there was not time to get
> him to a vet; I tell ya, he did not suffer, he was so quiet and just
> stared at me...he slipped away gently.
>
> I will always remember him; he was so alive; so intentional.
>
> Thanks for listening.

Very sorry to hear about your loss.

Cheryl
October 1st 05, 10:05 PM
On Sat 01 Oct 2005 02:43:26p, whitershadeofpale wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav
roups.com):

> The dogs ran away, I carried Ruprecht inside; but I could tell
> they had broke his body. I held him while he passed, there was
> not time to get him to a vet; I tell ya, he did not suffer, he
> was so quiet and just stared at me...he slipped away gently.
>
> I will always remember him; he was so alive; so intentional.

I'm so very sorry for your loss. :(

--
Cheryl

John
October 2nd 05, 12:35 AM
whitershadeofpale wrote:
> "Swifter than an eagle; stronger than a lion"
>
> "How are the mighty fallen in the midst of the battle! "Ruprecht lay
> slain upon his high places. I was distressed for him, my friend
> Ruprecht; very pleasant he had been to me.
>
> "How are the mighty fallen, and the dogs of war scattered!"
>
> Ruprecht was ambushed by a pack of wild dogs (this was about 6 weeks
> ago).
>
> Where I live, there is an old landfill somewhere nearby (so I hear) and
> these dogs live at the landfill, but occassionaly wander into our
> neighborhood.
>
> I heard Ruprecht fighting these dogs (I was awake, and I jumped out the
> door with a fireplace poker)...it was 3 in the morning.
> Sure, one on one, Ruprecht could have beaten them, he was at least 20
> LBs, and he was wise.
>
> The dogs ran away, I carried Ruprecht inside; but I could tell they had
> broke his body. I held him while he passed, there was not time to get
> him to a vet; I tell ya, he did not suffer, he was so quiet and just
> stared at me...he slipped away gently.

Yeah right! There is no Ruprecht you're a troll. If there is a Ruprecht
too bad the "wild dogs" didn't kill you too. It would have been no loss
to humanity at all.

Did you even TRY to help the supposedly existing dog "Ruprecht"? I bet
not since he doesn't exist and never did.

A fireplace poker? I would take a shotgun (or at least a handgun) -
long stick goes boom dead stray(s) or at least they scatter.

You're such a lying sack of ****.

John Doe
October 4th 05, 05:05 PM
"whitershadeofpale" > wrote:

> "Swifter than an eagle; stronger than a lion"

Or "another example of an outdoor cat biting the dust"

<snipped unfortunate story of an outdoor cat being killed by a pack
of stray dogs>

whitershadeofpale
October 14th 05, 10:22 PM
Charlie Wilkes wrote:
> On 1 Oct 2005 11:43:26 -0700, "whitershadeofpale"
> > wrote:
>
> >"Swifter than an eagle; stronger than a lion"
> >
> >"How are the mighty fallen in the midst of the battle! "Ruprecht lay
> >slain upon his high places. I was distressed for him, my friend
> >Ruprecht; very pleasant he had been to me.
> >
> >"How are the mighty fallen, and the dogs of war scattered!"
> >
> >Ruprecht was ambushed by a pack of wild dogs (this was about 6 weeks
> >ago).
> >
> >Where I live, there is an old landfill somewhere nearby (so I hear) and
> >these dogs live at the landfill, but occassionaly wander into our
> >neighborhood.
> >
> >I heard Ruprecht fighting these dogs (I was awake, and I jumped out the
> >door with a fireplace poker)...it was 3 in the morning.
> >Sure, one on one, Ruprecht could have beaten them, he was at least 20
> >LBs, and he was wise.
> >
> >The dogs ran away, I carried Ruprecht inside; but I could tell they had
> >broke his body. I held him while he passed, there was not time to get
> >him to a vet; I tell ya, he did not suffer, he was so quiet and just
> >stared at me...he slipped away gently.
> >
> >I will always remember him; he was so alive; so intentional.
> >
> >Thanks for listening.
>
> ****, Barry, I'm really sorry to hear that. It just sucks.
>
> Charlie

Thanks Everyone! Really...It does make a difference when you feel like
someone cares a little. Hope all your babies are doing good.

I'm adopting a 7 yr old Female tabby, from a private owner; one of the
family members have grown allergic to "Kitt", but they've been looking
for a good home; they heard about Ruprecht and offered me their Kitt.
They refused to advertise...The cat will be interviewing me next week.
LOL

Yes, Ruprecht stole my heart. You can report a missing person but not a
stolen heart, ha!

Thanks again, you dear sweet people! cept for the one angry troll...
whatever was he thinking. John?...I don't think he is worth the energy
of even lifting my sword.