PDA

View Full Version : Getting Urine smell out of wood

Mike S.
October 5th 05, 06:09 AM
I have a scratching post problem which is a little complicated so I'll
try to make a long story short.

I need a vertical (up and down) scratching post for one of my cats. The
ones I see in the stores are too short, too big, or too expensive. I
absolutely cannot make my own and can't find anyone who is capable of
making one for me.

I have an old scratching post that I could use, but this scratching
post has been sprayed and urinated on by my previous cats. I was
thinking that maybe I could take the carpet off of it, spray the wood
with an enzyme cleaner such as Nature's Miracle, paint the wood, and
recarpet it or use sisel rope on it.

Would cleaning the wood and painting it get the urine smell out of it?