PDA

View Full Version : Would Feliway help?

Elizabeth Blake
October 5th 05, 09:42 PM
One of the cats at work, Harriet, had had problems with constipation
for the past 2+ months and was at the vet/hospitalized 5 times in a 6
week period. Since her last appointment (9/16) she has not been
constipated and has been going to the bathroom regularly. I've had her
back & forth between my apartment & work since early September. First
it was to see if she was actually pooping (couldn't tell for sure with
the other cat at work sharing litter boxes) and also to make sure she
got her medication. She's not fond of my 2 cats at home and spends a
lot of time growling & hissing at them. Last week I brought her back
to work after she had been in my apartment for 9 days, the longest
she's ever been away. She & Stinky, the other work cat, were fighting
and Harriet started to attack everyone (mostly staff). This week it's
the same thing. We end up having to keep her locked in an office,
because she's just attacking anything with 2 legs. The staff is
terrified of her and I think she knows it, and goes after them even
more.

WOuld Feliway help? I know I can't afford diffusers for the entire
store because it's just too big (upstairs is the store, downstairs is a
huge basement with offices, and that's where she's spending most of her
time). If I get one, where would be the best place for it? Upstairs
in the actual store; in my office where she spends a lot of time; the
front of the basement which was one of her favorite hangouts for a long
time? Does Feliway even help with aggression like this? Is there
anything else I can try?

--
Liz

Karen
October 6th 05, 02:52 AM
On 2005-10-05 15:42:08 -0500, "Elizabeth Blake"
> said:

> One of the cats at work, Harriet, had had problems with constipation
> for the past 2+ months and was at the vet/hospitalized 5 times in a 6
> week period. Since her last appointment (9/16) she has not been
> constipated and has been going to the bathroom regularly. I've had her
> back & forth between my apartment & work since early September. First
> it was to see if she was actually pooping (couldn't tell for sure with
> the other cat at work sharing litter boxes) and also to make sure she
> got her medication. She's not fond of my 2 cats at home and spends a
> lot of time growling & hissing at them. Last week I brought her back
> to work after she had been in my apartment for 9 days, the longest
> she's ever been away. She & Stinky, the other work cat, were fighting
> and Harriet started to attack everyone (mostly staff). This week it's
> the same thing. We end up having to keep her locked in an office,
> because she's just attacking anything with 2 legs. The staff is
> terrified of her and I think she knows it, and goes after them even
> more.
>
> WOuld Feliway help? I know I can't afford diffusers for the entire
> store because it's just too big (upstairs is the store, downstairs is a
> huge basement with offices, and that's where she's spending most of her
> time). If I get one, where would be the best place for it? Upstairs
> in the actual store; in my office where she spends a lot of time; the
> front of the basement which was one of her favorite hangouts for a long
> time? Does Feliway even help with aggression like this? Is there
> anything else I can try?

It won't hurt, it often helps. The place to put it is the main place
they hang out, or might encounter each other. Also, you could do one
diffuser and buy a spray bottle of it to use in other areas. This is
one of the most inexpensive places to get it.
http://www.petguys.com/cat-stuff-training.html