PDA

View Full Version : My cat poops in my bathroom!

Kristyn00 via CatKB.com
October 6th 05, 01:03 PM
I have a female cat thats almost 2 years old and recently she has been
pooping in my bathroom. She has done it about 3 times, and its all around the
same spot. She has never done this before. She has had two litters of kittens,
I dont know if that would have anything to do with it. Or maybe I need to
clean the little box more? I have 2 other cats that are 8 months old, and at
first I didnt know which cat was doing it, until my brother caught her this
morning. So when I found out I picked up the poo with a paper towel and put
it in the little box to show her. I didnt know what else to do, so if anyone
has any ideas then let me know.

Janet B
October 6th 05, 01:27 PM
On Thu, 06 Oct 2005 12:03:31 GMT, "Kristyn00 via CatKB.com"
<[email protected]>, clicked their heels and said:

>I have a female cat thats almost 2 years old and recently she has been
>pooping in my bathroom. She has done it about 3 times, and its all around the
>same spot. She has never done this before. She has had two litters of kittens,

Oh lord - why are you allowing this to happen? Spay this poor baby
NOW! At 2, she's barely an adult cat herself and 2 litters of kittens
already? Poor thing.

>I dont know if that would have anything to do with it. Or maybe I need to
>clean the little box more? I have 2 other cats that are 8 months old,

I assume those are her offspring? Spay/Neuter them too. And get more
boxes (LITTER boxes) - 1 per cat + 1, so 4 boxes in all. Clean them
frequently and provide litter texture options as well - find out
what's preferred.

--
Janet B
www.bestfriendsdogobedience.com

Kristyn00 via CatKB.com
October 6th 05, 01:50 PM
Janet B wrote:
>>I have a female cat thats almost 2 years old and recently she has been
>>pooping in my bathroom. She has done it about 3 times, and its all around the
>>same spot. She has never done this before. She has had two litters of kittens,
>
>Oh lord - why are you allowing this to happen? Spay this poor baby
>NOW! At 2, she's barely an adult cat herself and 2 litters of kittens
>already? Poor thing.
>
>>I dont know if that would have anything to do with it. Or maybe I need to
>>clean the little box more? I have 2 other cats that are 8 months old,
>
>I assume those are her offspring? Spay/Neuter them too. And get more
>boxes (LITTER boxes) - 1 per cat + 1, so 4 boxes in all. Clean them
>frequently and provide litter texture options as well - find out
>what's preferred.

You make it seem like Im making her go out and get pregnant. I didnt want it
to happen twice. I cant get her fixed until she is done nursing the last
litter. And 4 litters boxes?

Janet B
October 6th 05, 02:01 PM
On Thu, 06 Oct 2005 12:50:05 GMT, "Kristyn00 via CatKB.com"
<[email protected]>, clicked their heels and said:

>You make it seem like Im making her go out and get pregnant. I didnt want it
>to happen twice.

You don't have to let her go out at all, and in 2 years, should have
had her spayed. Make the appointment NOW for when she's done nursing,
and make the appointment for the 2, 8 month olds NOW if they haven't
been done yet.

>I cant get her fixed until she is done nursing the last
>litter. And 4 litters boxes?

Yep - 4 - and not all together. Sometimes cats will block another cat
from using the box, some cats don't want to share boxes, and
cleanliness is imperative.

--
Janet B
www.bestfriendsdogobedience.com
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/bestfriendsobedience/album

5cats
October 6th 05, 04:01 PM
Kristyn00 via CatKB.com wrote:

> And 4 litters boxes?

Yes, that's a very good idea. If you have only 1 box for 3 cats there's a
very good chance that the bathroom pooping is litter box avoidance. Add at
least 2 more boxes pronto!

Right now I have 4 boxes upstairs and 2 in the basement for 5 cats. More
than once I've seen a cat use one box to pee, then hop out of that box and
then right into a different box to poop.

Kristyn00 via CatKB.com
October 6th 05, 05:32 PM
Janet B wrote:
>>I have a female cat thats almost 2 years old and recently she has been
>>pooping in my bathroom. She has done it about 3 times, and its all around the
>>same spot. She has never done this before. She has had two litters of kittens,
>
>Oh lord - why are you allowing this to happen? Spay this poor baby
>NOW! At 2, she's barely an adult cat herself and 2 litters of kittens
>already? Poor thing.
>
>>I dont know if that would have anything to do with it. Or maybe I need to
>>clean the little box more? I have 2 other cats that are 8 months old,
>
>I assume those are her offspring? Spay/Neuter them too. And get more
>boxes (LITTER boxes) - 1 per cat + 1, so 4 boxes in all. Clean them
>frequently and provide litter texture options as well - find out
>what's preferred.

I dont like your attitude "Janet B". And my other cats are fixed. Maybe you
should just calm down, Im not asking your opinion about getting my cat fixed,
Im asking what to do about the pooping in the bathroom. And you answered that
and thats all I need to know.

Gail
October 7th 05, 01:13 AM
YES, get her spayed and add more litter boxes.
Gail
"Janet B" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 06 Oct 2005 12:03:31 GMT, "Kristyn00 via CatKB.com"
> <[email protected]>, clicked their heels and said:
>
>>I have a female cat thats almost 2 years old and recently she has been
>>pooping in my bathroom. She has done it about 3 times, and its all around
>>the
>>same spot. She has never done this before. She has had two litters of
>>kittens,
>
> Oh lord - why are you allowing this to happen? Spay this poor baby
> NOW! At 2, she's barely an adult cat herself and 2 litters of kittens
> already? Poor thing.
>
>>I dont know if that would have anything to do with it. Or maybe I need to
>>clean the little box more? I have 2 other cats that are 8 months old,
>
> I assume those are her offspring? Spay/Neuter them too. And get more
> boxes (LITTER boxes) - 1 per cat + 1, so 4 boxes in all. Clean them
> frequently and provide litter texture options as well - find out
> what's preferred.
>

> --
> Janet B
> www.bestfriendsdogobedience.com
> http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/bestfriendsobedience/album

Gail
October 7th 05, 01:14 AM
Having her spayed will keep her healthy and avoid behavioral problems as
well. You definitely need more litter boxes. At least one per cat.
Gail
"Kristyn00 via CatKB.com" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Janet B wrote:
>>>I have a female cat thats almost 2 years old and recently she has been
>>>pooping in my bathroom. She has done it about 3 times, and its all around
>>>the
>>>same spot. She has never done this before. She has had two litters of
>>>kittens,
>>
>>Oh lord - why are you allowing this to happen? Spay this poor baby
>>NOW! At 2, she's barely an adult cat herself and 2 litters of kittens
>>already? Poor thing.
>>
>>>I dont know if that would have anything to do with it. Or maybe I need to
>>>clean the little box more? I have 2 other cats that are 8 months old,
>>
>>I assume those are her offspring? Spay/Neuter them too. And get more
>>boxes (LITTER boxes) - 1 per cat + 1, so 4 boxes in all. Clean them
>>frequently and provide litter texture options as well - find out
>>what's preferred.
>>

> I dont like your attitude "Janet B". And my other cats are fixed. Maybe
> you
> should just calm down, Im not asking your opinion about getting my cat
> fixed,
> Im asking what to do about the pooping in the bathroom. And you answered
> that
> and thats all I need to know.

Joe Canuck
October 7th 05, 01:56 PM
Kristyn00 via CatKB.com wrote:

> I have a female cat thats almost 2 years old and recently she has been
> pooping in my bathroom. She has done it about 3 times, and its all around the
> same spot. She has never done this before. She has had two litters of kittens,

Get her spayed.

> I dont know if that would have anything to do with it. Or maybe I need to
> clean the little box more? I have 2 other cats that are 8 months old, and at

3 cats and 1 litter box, is that correct?

How many of the kittens are still in the household?

3- 4 litter boxes would be ideal situation for 3 cats; however, they may
be able to get by with 2 boxes... but that is the minimum.

> first I didnt know which cat was doing it, until my brother caught her this
> morning. So when I found out I picked up the poo with a paper towel and put
> it in the little box to show her. I didnt know what else to do, so if anyone
> has any ideas then let me know.

1) Get 1 more litter box.
2) Clean both boxes daily.
3) Get her spayed. Most of them really are nicer pets when neutered.

Joe Canuck
October 7th 05, 02:01 PM
Kristyn00 via CatKB.com wrote:

> Janet B wrote:
>
>>>I have a female cat thats almost 2 years old and recently she has been
>>>pooping in my bathroom. She has done it about 3 times, and its all around the
>>>same spot. She has never done this before. She has had two litters of kittens,
>>
>>Oh lord - why are you allowing this to happen? Spay this poor baby
>>NOW! At 2, she's barely an adult cat herself and 2 litters of kittens
>>already? Poor thing.
>>

>>>I dont know if that would have anything to do with it. Or maybe I need to
>>>clean the little box more? I have 2 other cats that are 8 months old,
>>
>>I assume those are her offspring? Spay/Neuter them too. And get more
>>boxes (LITTER boxes) - 1 per cat + 1, so 4 boxes in all. Clean them
>>frequently and provide litter texture options as well - find out
>>what's preferred.
>>

> I dont like your attitude "Janet B".

Janet provided you with some good advice.

> And my other cats are fixed. Maybe you
> should just calm down, Im not asking your opinion about getting my cat fixed,
> Im asking what to do about the pooping in the bathroom. And you answered that
> and thats all I need to know.

The fact is, you did ask exactly that indirectly... read the quote below:

"She has had two litters of kittens, I dont know if that would have
anything to do with it."

Space
October 7th 05, 10:51 PM
i can't comment on why she did this the first time. i can only assume it is
stress.

any subsequent times she uses this place is association. her highly tuned
smell lures her back to the same place. try washing down the area with a
solution of water and biollogical washing powder to break down the enzymes.
air freshnerners and the like will only mask the smell.

(apologies for bad spelling - spellchucker is on the blink!!)
((and i'm too tired to correct, sorry))

"Kristyn00 via CatKB.com" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> I have a female cat thats almost 2 years old and recently she has been
> pooping in my bathroom. She has done it about 3 times, and its all around
the
> same spot. She has never done this before. She has had two litters of
kittens,
> I dont know if that would have anything to do with it. Or maybe I need to
> clean the little box more? I have 2 other cats that are 8 months old, and
at
> first I didnt know which cat was doing it, until my brother caught her
this
> morning. So when I found out I picked up the poo with a paper towel and
put
> it in the little box to show her. I didnt know what else to do, so if
anyone
> has any ideas then let me know.

October 8th 05, 01:26 PM
if it fits, but a box in the bathroom. she's going where you go -
right?

Joe Canuck
October 8th 05, 01:53 PM
wrote:

> if it fits, but a box in the bathroom. she's going where you go -
> right?

Hmm, do you suppose she goes on the floor? ...the human that is.

Oh wait a minute, don't you mean to say "butt a box in the bathroom"?

Kristyn00 via CatKB.com
October 9th 05, 05:17 AM
Joe Canuck wrote:
>> if it fits, but a box in the bathroom. she's going where you go -
>> right?
>
>Hmm, do you suppose she goes on the floor? ...the human that is.
>
>Oh wait a minute, don't you mean to say "butt a box in the bathroom"?

Oh yeah, I go to the bathroom all the time, I dont bother using my toilet.
Smartass

Joe Canuck
October 9th 05, 02:11 PM
Kristyn00 via CatKB.com wrote:

> Joe Canuck wrote:
>
>>>if it fits, but a box in the bathroom. she's going where you go -
>>>right?
>>
>>Hmm, do you suppose she goes on the floor? ...the human that is.
>>
>>Oh wait a minute, don't you mean to say "butt a box in the bathroom"?
>

> Oh yeah, I go to the bathroom all the time, I dont bother using my toilet.
> Smartass

Well, I'm sure with every trip you make to the bathroom you don't always
use the toilet.

BTW, is that "Smartass" your signature... because with the formatting it
sure looks like it.

Get a sense of humour! :)

Topaz
October 9th 05, 03:42 PM
"Joe Canuck" > wrote

> Get a sense of humour! :)

For some, these are as hard to come by as a clue.