PDA

View Full Version : agression

AK
October 7th 05, 07:32 PM
I have a 5 year old Bengal. For the last year he has been aggressive and
attacks my legs, but ONLY when I walk upstairs, I never have problems any
other time. if you pick him up and stroke he instantly stops being
aggressive, it's my legs he's after!!!

I have tried distracting him as I walk upstairs but he is determined and
wont be distracted. I have tried a water pistol, but as Bengal's like water
that's hardly a deterrent. My legs are being torn to shreds....and I'm
getting pretty tired of it.

Any advice would be most appreciated.

Angela

cybercat
October 7th 05, 07:34 PM
"AK" > wrote in message
> I have a 5 year old Bengal. For the last year he has been aggressive and
> attacks my legs, but ONLY when I walk upstairs, I never have problems any
> other time. if you pick him up and stroke he instantly stops being
> aggressive, it's my legs he's after!!!
>
> I have tried distracting him as I walk upstairs but he is determined and
> wont be distracted. I have tried a water pistol, but as Bengal's like
water
> that's hardly a deterrent. My legs are being torn to shreds....and I'm
> getting pretty tired of it.
>
> Any advice would be most appreciated.

How do you react to this? Do you yell "OW" or "NO?" Have you tried
scooping him up immediately and putting him in a "time out" room?

Gail
October 7th 05, 10:11 PM
Try putting coins in a can and shaking them at him and say "no" when he
attacks your legs.
Gail