PDA

View Full Version : Hyperthyroid


Space
October 7th 05, 10:56 PM
My 13 yr old cat has hyperthyroid, excess energy, losing weight etc. he is
on medication but he is still driving us nutty. he is sooo greedy all the
time. we feed the three cats the same flavour food each meal but he is
always going to someone else's bowl for their food. the 14 month old just
gets on with it and catches his own food to supplement his diet. whereas the
lady of the house decides to just walk away and let him scoff her food.

we feed them with wet food to make it easy for the 13 yr old's tablets.

i am in the UK - what additional food would someone recommend? i don't want
to leave out a bowl of dry food with no nutritional value.

Gail
October 7th 05, 11:14 PM
I would increase his food. In spite of being on meds, he still needs more.
Why not add another few meals?
Gail
"Space" > wrote in message
...
> My 13 yr old cat has hyperthyroid, excess energy, losing weight etc. he
> is
> on medication but he is still driving us nutty. he is sooo greedy all the
> time. we feed the three cats the same flavour food each meal but he is
> always going to someone else's bowl for their food. the 14 month old just
> gets on with it and catches his own food to supplement his diet. whereas
> the
> lady of the house decides to just walk away and let him scoff her food.
>
> we feed them with wet food to make it easy for the 13 yr old's tablets.
>
> i am in the UK - what additional food would someone recommend? i don't
> want
> to leave out a bowl of dry food with no nutritional value.
>
>

Space
October 7th 05, 11:19 PM
he already gets 4 meals a day. at the risk of sounding selfish it is
difficult, working full time, feeding three cats 4 times a day, whilst
ensuring that twice a day Felix gets his drugs and also keeping the other
two away from his food. he is constantly at the fridge, cooking a meal is a
nightmare. his blood test was done about 2 months after starting his
medication and it was fine. i do think he may need to go back in. and that
is a nightmare as well.

also, the drugs should be regulating his appetite

i sound really peeved - i am.
it is hard work but my cats are worth it

"Gail" > wrote in message
ink.net...
> I would increase his food. In spite of being on meds, he still needs more.
> Why not add another few meals?
> Gail
> "Space" > wrote in message
> ...
> > My 13 yr old cat has hyperthyroid, excess energy, losing weight etc. he
> > is
> > on medication but he is still driving us nutty. he is sooo greedy all
the
> > time. we feed the three cats the same flavour food each meal but he is
> > always going to someone else's bowl for their food. the 14 month old
just
> > gets on with it and catches his own food to supplement his diet. whereas
> > the
> > lady of the house decides to just walk away and let him scoff her food.
> >
> > we feed them with wet food to make it easy for the 13 yr old's tablets.
> >
> > i am in the UK - what additional food would someone recommend? i don't
> > want
> > to leave out a bowl of dry food with no nutritional value.
> >
> >
>
>

Gail
October 7th 05, 11:22 PM
Is there high quality dry food that he can available to him at all times (in
the UK)? In the United States, I like the Max Cat dry food in addition to
quality canned food.
Gail
"Space" > wrote in message
...
> he already gets 4 meals a day. at the risk of sounding selfish it is
> difficult, working full time, feeding three cats 4 times a day, whilst
> ensuring that twice a day Felix gets his drugs and also keeping the other
> two away from his food. he is constantly at the fridge, cooking a meal is
> a
> nightmare. his blood test was done about 2 months after starting his
> medication and it was fine. i do think he may need to go back in. and
> that
> is a nightmare as well.
>
> also, the drugs should be regulating his appetite
>
> i sound really peeved - i am.
> it is hard work but my cats are worth it
>
> "Gail" > wrote in message
> ink.net...
>> I would increase his food. In spite of being on meds, he still needs
>> more.
>> Why not add another few meals?
>> Gail
>> "Space" > wrote in message
>> ...
>> > My 13 yr old cat has hyperthyroid, excess energy, losing weight etc.
>> > he
>> > is
>> > on medication but he is still driving us nutty. he is sooo greedy all
> the
>> > time. we feed the three cats the same flavour food each meal but he is
>> > always going to someone else's bowl for their food. the 14 month old
> just
>> > gets on with it and catches his own food to supplement his diet.
>> > whereas
>> > the
>> > lady of the house decides to just walk away and let him scoff her food.
>> >
>> > we feed them with wet food to make it easy for the 13 yr old's tablets.
>> >
>> > i am in the UK - what additional food would someone recommend? i don't
>> > want
>> > to leave out a bowl of dry food with no nutritional value.
>> >
>> >
>>
>>
>
>

Space
October 7th 05, 11:32 PM
yes there is - maybe i should have been more clear.

hills science diet is available and that is what i used to feed them on
before felxi was diagnosed.
sorry it is proving hard to type at the minute.... the lady of the house has
just jumped up on my lap!!

i was thinking of something from the supermarket.... as an addition and not
as a "main meal" so to speak.


"Gail" > wrote in message
ink.net...
> Is there high quality dry food that he can available to him at all times
(in
> the UK)? In the United States, I like the Max Cat dry food in addition to
> quality canned food.
> Gail
> "Space" > wrote in message
> ...
> > he already gets 4 meals a day. at the risk of sounding selfish it is
> > difficult, working full time, feeding three cats 4 times a day, whilst
> > ensuring that twice a day Felix gets his drugs and also keeping the
other
> > two away from his food. he is constantly at the fridge, cooking a meal
is
> > a
> > nightmare. his blood test was done about 2 months after starting his
> > medication and it was fine. i do think he may need to go back in. and
> > that
> > is a nightmare as well.
> >
> > also, the drugs should be regulating his appetite
> >
> > i sound really peeved - i am.
> > it is hard work but my cats are worth it
> >
> > "Gail" > wrote in message
> > ink.net...
> >> I would increase his food. In spite of being on meds, he still needs
> >> more.
> >> Why not add another few meals?
> >> Gail
> >> "Space" > wrote in message
> >> ...
> >> > My 13 yr old cat has hyperthyroid, excess energy, losing weight etc.
> >> > he
> >> > is
> >> > on medication but he is still driving us nutty. he is sooo greedy
all
> > the
> >> > time. we feed the three cats the same flavour food each meal but he
is
> >> > always going to someone else's bowl for their food. the 14 month old
> > just
> >> > gets on with it and catches his own food to supplement his diet.
> >> > whereas
> >> > the
> >> > lady of the house decides to just walk away and let him scoff her
food.
> >> >
> >> > we feed them with wet food to make it easy for the 13 yr old's
tablets.
> >> >
> >> > i am in the UK - what additional food would someone recommend? i
don't
> >> > want
> >> > to leave out a bowl of dry food with no nutritional value.
> >> >
> >> >
> >>
> >>
> >
> >
>
>

Lumpy
October 8th 05, 12:50 AM
"Space" > wrote in message
...
> he already gets 4 meals a day. at the risk of sounding selfish it is
> difficult, working full time, feeding three cats 4 times a day, whilst
> ensuring that twice a day Felix gets his drugs and also keeping the other
> two away from his food.

I sure understand this. I wonder why you feed him four times a day? I have
a hyperthyroid cat that used to be free fed, but after being on her
medication
for over a year, she was cut back to being fed canned food twice a day. She
hated it at first but got used to it.


> he is constantly at the fridge, cooking a meal is a
> nightmare. his blood test was done about 2 months after starting his
> medication and it was fine. i do think he may need to go back in. and
that
> is a nightmare as well.

They are major creatures of habit. While I hope you do take him back in,
he may be hounding you for food out of sheer habit.

> also, the drugs should be regulating his appetite

Yes, they should. They did our girl's.

> i sound really peeved - i am.
> it is hard work but my cats are worth it
>

I think it would be easier on you to feed your cats twice a day
about 12 hours apart--after your breakfast and after your dinner,
perhaps--and pilling your hyperthyroid cat just after feeding. I find
my girl easiest to pill WHILE she is eating. I put down her canned
food and let her take a few bites then swoop in and toss the pill in
as far back in her throat as I can, dead in the middle so she cannot
work it out with her tongue. She eagerly swallows to get it out of
the way to get to her food again. Incidentally--she was a BEAST
about demanding to be fed at first. I waited her out but it was not
easy.

Phil P.
October 8th 05, 02:31 AM
"Space" > wrote in message
...
> My 13 yr old cat has hyperthyroid, excess energy, losing weight etc. he
is
> on medication but he is still driving us nutty. he is sooo greedy all the
> time. we feed the three cats the same flavour food each meal but he is
> always going to someone else's bowl for their food.

If your cat is still losing weight and has an ravenous appetite his
medication probably needs to be adjusted. I strongly suggest you take your
cat to the vet to have his serum T4 levels checked as soon as possible.

Paul M. Cook
October 8th 05, 08:29 AM
"Space" > wrote in message
...
> My 13 yr old cat has hyperthyroid, excess energy, losing weight etc. he
is
> on medication but he is still driving us nutty. he is sooo greedy all the
> time. we feed the three cats the same flavour food each meal but he is
> always going to someone else's bowl for their food. the 14 month old just
> gets on with it and catches his own food to supplement his diet. whereas
the
> lady of the house decides to just walk away and let him scoff her food.
>
> we feed them with wet food to make it easy for the 13 yr old's tablets.
>
> i am in the UK - what additional food would someone recommend? i don't
want
> to leave out a bowl of dry food with no nutritional value.
>

I fail to see a problem here. Leave out a bowl of high quality dry food.
There are many to choose from. Wellness brand is great but I do not know if
it is sold in the UK. Even decent quality commercial food is adequate in
the short term it will take to get the thyroid condition under control. Why
think long term when you have a short-term crisis?

It took months for my cat to stabilize on Tapazole. He started on .5mg
twice a day and is now up to 2mg twice a day. My vet had me bring him in
every 4 weeks for blood tests. Each time his T4 was elevated again. He
would stabilize briefly then his T4 would skyrocket again. Finally, he
seems to be stable 8 months later. So it is very likely that your cat needs
a medication adjustment.

The long term affect of an elevated thyroid is heart damage. Best not to
delay. You could ask the vet about radiocative iodine therapy. It is a one
time treatment and is a cure for HT. It is not advisable for all cats but
your vet will help you with that.

Paul

Space
October 8th 05, 10:44 AM
"Paul M. Cook" > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
>
> I fail to see a problem here. Leave out a bowl of high quality dry food.
> There are many to choose from. Wellness brand is great but I do not know
if
> it is sold in the UK. Even decent quality commercial food is adequate in
> the short term it will take to get the thyroid condition under control.
Why
> think long term when you have a short-term crisis?

that is exactly what i am saying, if you read back. i just want to make
sure i am leaving food out that has a nutritional value. thanks for your
input anyway.

Phil P.
October 8th 05, 03:57 PM
"Space" > wrote in message
...
>
> "Paul M. Cook" > wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> Why
> > think long term when you have a short-term crisis?
>
> that is exactly what i am saying, if you read back. i just want to make
> sure i am leaving food out that has a nutritional value. thanks for your
> input anyway.


I don't think you understand the situation and what the problem is-- its not
the food. If you're feeding him 4 times a day and he's still hungry and
losing weight he needs to be seen by a vet. His T4 levels need to be
determined and his medication probably needs to be adjusted. What part of
that don't you understand?

Space
October 8th 05, 05:23 PM
"Phil P." > wrote in message
...
>
> I don't think you understand the situation and what the problem is-- its
not
> the food. If you're feeding him 4 times a day and he's still hungry and
> losing weight he needs to be seen by a vet. His T4 levels need to be
> determined and his medication probably needs to be adjusted. What part of
> that don't you understand?
>
i understand completely thankyouverymuch. the last time he was tested we
explained that felix was still a greedy so and so, despite his medication..
he is a greedy cat who suffers from hyperthyroid. what part of that don't
*you* understand?

why be so aggressive? i ask a question and hope for a reply that will help.
thanks anyway, i will remember to leave my questions for places other than a
forum that is dedicated to cats health and behaviour. i obviously chose the
wrong place to post. silly me!

anyway, i have bought some dried food that i can happily leave out for the
guys to munch on (that was, btw, the reason i posted)

Space
October 8th 05, 05:31 PM
thanks Gail - i'm was looking to add to their food. cats do only eat want
they need so it should not cause a problem for the other two.

i have been to the supermarket and bought some dry food. they can munch on
that if they need to while we are at work



"Gail" > wrote in message
ink.net...
> I would increase his food. In spite of being on meds, he still needs more.
> Why not add another few meals?
> Gail
> "Space" > wrote in message
> ...
> > My 13 yr old cat has hyperthyroid, excess energy, losing weight etc. he
> > is
> > on medication but he is still driving us nutty. he is sooo greedy all
the
> > time. we feed the three cats the same flavour food each meal but he is
> > always going to someone else's bowl for their food. the 14 month old
just
> > gets on with it and catches his own food to supplement his diet. whereas
> > the
> > lady of the house decides to just walk away and let him scoff her food.
> >
> > we feed them with wet food to make it easy for the 13 yr old's tablets.
> >
> > i am in the UK - what additional food would someone recommend? i don't
> > want
> > to leave out a bowl of dry food with no nutritional value.
> >
> >
>
>

Phil P.
October 8th 05, 05:58 PM
"Space" > wrote in message
...
>
> "Phil P." > wrote in message
> ...
> >
> > I don't think you understand the situation and what the problem is-- its
> not
> > the food. If you're feeding him 4 times a day and he's still hungry and
> > losing weight he needs to be seen by a vet. His T4 levels need to be
> > determined and his medication probably needs to be adjusted. What part
of
> > that don't you understand?
> >
> i understand completely thankyouverymuch. the last time he was tested we
> explained that felix was still a greedy so and so, despite his
medication..
> he is a greedy cat who suffers from hyperthyroid. what part of that don't
> *you* understand?



The fact that he has a voracious appetite, eats 4 times a day and is still
losing weight. That's what. This is a very clear indication that his
medication needs to be adjusted- not that he needs more food. His T4
levels may appear normal because he may have an underlying disease that's
falsely suppressing his T4 levels. Speak to your vet about a Free T4
by Equilibrium Dialysis assay- costs about $20. The fT4ED assay isn't
affected by other diseases because the blood sample is dialysed before its
assayed.



>
> why be so aggressive?

Because I didn't get through the first time. Some people awaken to a
feather's touch- others require a sledgehammer. Since the feather didn't
work, I used the sledgehammer- but that didn't seem to work either. Maybe
should I try a jackhammer.



i ask a question and hope for a reply that will help.
> thanks anyway, i will remember to leave my questions for places other than
a
> forum that is dedicated to cats health and behaviour. i obviously chose
the
> wrong place to post. silly me!


You described your cat's problem but you ignored the explanations for the
problem and what to do about it because it wasn't the answer you wanted to
hear. That is silly. Several people here have a lot of experience managing
hyperthyroid cats- you should listen to them.



>
> anyway, i have bought some dried food that i can happily leave out for the
> guys to munch on (that was, btw, the reason i posted)

That's not going to solve your cat's problem. It doesn't matter how much he
eats- he'll continue to lose weight and will always be hungry. By leaving
food out at all times, you're running the risk of your other cats overeating
and gaining weight.

If your vet can't understand why your cat is still losing weight while he
still has a voracious appetite, its time to find another vet.

Space
October 8th 05, 06:09 PM
Phil
i expressed the symptoms of hyperthyroid by way of explaining to those who
didn't know the condition. i never said he is still losing weight. i admit
i posted this clumsily. please ascertain the full facts first.
this is a newsgroup - i asked a question, i understand the implications of
the condition. i do not need to write a biography of myself and my cats to
find out nutritional values of additional foods. would you like to ask me
any questions before you assume my ignorance to Felix's condition?

please feel free and ask.
Sue


"My 13 yr old cat has hyperthyroid, excess energy, losing weight etc. he is
on medication but he is still driving us nutty. he is sooo greedy all the
time. we feed the three cats the same flavour food each meal but he is
always going to someone else's bowl for their food. the 14 month old just
gets on with it and catches his own food to supplement his diet. whereas the
lady of the house decides to just walk away and let him scoff her food.

we feed them with wet food to make it easy for the 13 yr old's tablets.

i am in the UK - what additional food would someone recommend? i don't want
to leave out a bowl of dry food with no nutritional value."

Space
October 8th 05, 06:29 PM
Hi thanks for your reply. the feeds he received are portioned by the
makers who recommend 4 pouches of food a day. if anyone here uses whiskas
pouches here in the UK they will know what i mean when i say the portions
are not on the large side.

although they all now receive the same flavour he will leave his food and
merrily eat someone esle's. once his wet food has been there a while he
then looks for another food supply. we then have to lift his food so the
other two don't get his medication. someone somewhere ends up losing out.
maybe he doesn't like it after his food has been sitting there for a while.
maybe he does not like the taste of the tablets crushed over his food.

we have to change our habits and way of feeding the cats to ensure we can
stand guard over him and make sure he only eats his food.

yes - they are creatures of habit. and he will be going back in for tests.

i don't think your method of feeding would work for me. he does not seem to
like his food out for too long. although i do think dry food may help the
situation. as a rule cats don't over eat.


"Lumpy" > wrote in message
...
>
> "Space" > wrote in message
> ...
> > he already gets 4 meals a day. at the risk of sounding selfish it is
> > difficult, working full time, feeding three cats 4 times a day, whilst
> > ensuring that twice a day Felix gets his drugs and also keeping the
other
> > two away from his food.
>
> I sure understand this. I wonder why you feed him four times a day? I have
> a hyperthyroid cat that used to be free fed, but after being on her
> medication
> for over a year, she was cut back to being fed canned food twice a day.
She
> hated it at first but got used to it.
>
>
> > he is constantly at the fridge, cooking a meal is a
> > nightmare. his blood test was done about 2 months after starting his
> > medication and it was fine. i do think he may need to go back in. and
> that
> > is a nightmare as well.
>
> They are major creatures of habit. While I hope you do take him back in,
> he may be hounding you for food out of sheer habit.
>
> > also, the drugs should be regulating his appetite
>
> Yes, they should. They did our girl's.
>
> > i sound really peeved - i am.
> > it is hard work but my cats are worth it
> >
>
> I think it would be easier on you to feed your cats twice a day
> about 12 hours apart--after your breakfast and after your dinner,
> perhaps--and pilling your hyperthyroid cat just after feeding. I find
> my girl easiest to pill WHILE she is eating. I put down her canned
> food and let her take a few bites then swoop in and toss the pill in
> as far back in her throat as I can, dead in the middle so she cannot
> work it out with her tongue. She eagerly swallows to get it out of
> the way to get to her food again. Incidentally--she was a BEAST
> about demanding to be fed at first. I waited her out but it was not
> easy.
>
>

Phil P.
October 8th 05, 06:32 PM
"Space" > wrote in message
...
> Phil
> i expressed the symptoms of hyperthyroid by way of explaining to those who
> didn't know the condition. i never said he is still losing weight. i
admit
> i posted this clumsily. please ascertain the full facts first.

Perhaps you should learn how to express yourself a little better so people
don't misunderstand you.


> this is a newsgroup - i asked a question, i understand the implications
of
> the condition. i do not need to write a biography of myself and my cats
to
> find out nutritional values of additional foods. would you like to ask me
> any questions before you assume my ignorance to Felix's condition?

Nope. You completely removed the need to assume your ignorance- but thanks
for asking.

Space
October 8th 05, 06:49 PM
Phil - i think you are losing the plot and the reasons for these newsgroups.
you also mentioned that i am ignoring responses made about this condition.
i think you will see that Paul agreed with me.

i no longer need to express my concerns about nutritional requirements. i
now have the answer, thanks ever so for your kind wishes and best regards

Yours faithfully
Sue
xxxx


"Phil P." > wrote in message
...
>
> "Space" > wrote in message
> ...
> > Phil
> > i expressed the symptoms of hyperthyroid by way of explaining to those
who
> > didn't know the condition. i never said he is still losing weight. i
> admit
> > i posted this clumsily. please ascertain the full facts first.
>
> Perhaps you should learn how to express yourself a little better so people
> don't misunderstand you.
>
>
> > this is a newsgroup - i asked a question, i understand the implications
> of
> > the condition. i do not need to write a biography of myself and my cats
> to
> > find out nutritional values of additional foods. would you like to ask
me
> > any questions before you assume my ignorance to Felix's condition?
>
> Nope. You completely removed the need to assume your ignorance- but thanks
> for asking.
>
>
>

Phil P.
October 8th 05, 07:40 PM
"Space" > wrote in message
...
> Phil - i think you are losing the plot and the reasons for these
newsgroups.


It only seems that way to you because you're initial post was very
misleading
and I subsequently based my reply on your misleading message. Had you
described the situation correctly, we would not be having this discussion.


> you also mentioned that i am ignoring responses made about this condition.
> i think you will see that Paul agreed with me.



Actually, Paul said exactly what I did: "So it is very likely that your cat
needs a medication adjustment." -- which you also completely ignored instead
of clarifying your initial message. That's why I said you ignored the
explanations for the problem.




>
> i no longer need to express my concerns about nutritional requirements. i
> now have the answer,

Lets hope solving one problem doesn't create another problem- i.e., your
other cats overeating and becoming overweight or obese-- if they aren't
already.



> thanks ever so for your kind wishes and best regards


You're welcome. I always wish the best for the cats-- its some of their
owners that are annoying.

>
> Yours faithfully
> Sue
> xxxx

How sweet- kisses and hugs to you too...



>
>
> "Phil P." > wrote in message
> ...
> >
> > "Space" > wrote in message
> > ...
> > > Phil
> > > i expressed the symptoms of hyperthyroid by way of explaining to those
> who
> > > didn't know the condition. i never said he is still losing weight. i
> > admit
> > > i posted this clumsily. please ascertain the full facts first.
> >
> > Perhaps you should learn how to express yourself a little better so
people
> > don't misunderstand you.
> >
> >
> > > this is a newsgroup - i asked a question, i understand the
implications
> > of
> > > the condition. i do not need to write a biography of myself and my
cats
> > to
> > > find out nutritional values of additional foods. would you like to
ask
> me
> > > any questions before you assume my ignorance to Felix's condition?
> >
> > Nope. You completely removed the need to assume your ignorance- but
thanks
> > for asking.
> >
> >
> >
>
>

Phil P.
October 8th 05, 07:54 PM
"Diane" > wrote in message
...
> In article >,
> "Space" > wrote:
>
> > i expressed the symptoms of hyperthyroid by way of explaining to those
who
> > didn't know the condition. i never said he is still losing weight.
> <snip>
> > "My 13 yr old cat has hyperthyroid, excess energy, losing weight etc.
>
> I understood this to mean "losing weight." It sounds like you mean he
> was losing weight but isn't now. It's hard to tell.


"My 13 yr old cat has hyperthyroid, excess energy, losing weight etc" Sure
sounds to me like the cat *is* losing weight and not that the cat "was"
losing weight.

Space
October 8th 05, 08:01 PM
i would like to say it was fun discussing my cats needs but unfortunately it
wasn't. i have picked up some valuable advice, Paul suggests i put out some
dry food. well, what do you know??

Feed the cats twice a day - would like to but reasons discussed it is not
practical.

take Feliz to the vet - uhuh of course. no need to tell me that.

what more have i learned today?? did i ignore respones or were they not
applicable to my original post? more to the point what was my question? was
it do i need to take my cat to the vets? or was it about additional foods
and nutritional requirements?

for those of you in this group who post as a means to provide help and
support, my thanks go out to you.

Come on Phil get a grip (of reality)
is this how you treat newbies to the group? is there an initiation ceremony
i need to be aware of? how about i post my credentials? do you neeed to see
my cats records? would you prefer it if i post in a few months to say that
my cat's condition has worstened - maybe you would like to tell me "i told
you so".

sorry, i'm just not getting the point of this NG and your replies.

"Phil P." > wrote in message
...
>
> "Space" > wrote in message
> ...
> > Phil - i think you are losing the plot and the reasons for these
> newsgroups.
>
>
> It only seems that way to you because you're initial post was very
> misleading
> and I subsequently based my reply on your misleading message. Had you
> described the situation correctly, we would not be having this discussion.
>
>
> > you also mentioned that i am ignoring responses made about this
condition.
> > i think you will see that Paul agreed with me.
>
>
>
> Actually, Paul said exactly what I did: "So it is very likely that your
cat
> needs a medication adjustment." -- which you also completely ignored
instead
> of clarifying your initial message. That's why I said you ignored the
> explanations for the problem.
>
>
>
>
> >
> > i no longer need to express my concerns about nutritional requirements.
i
> > now have the answer,
>
> Lets hope solving one problem doesn't create another problem- i.e., your
> other cats overeating and becoming overweight or obese-- if they aren't
> already.
>
>
>
> > thanks ever so for your kind wishes and best regards
>
>
> You're welcome. I always wish the best for the cats-- its some of their
> owners that are annoying.
>
> >
> > Yours faithfully
> > Sue
> > xxxx
>
> How sweet- kisses and hugs to you too...
>
>
>
> >
> >
> > "Phil P." > wrote in message
> > ...
> > >
> > > "Space" > wrote in message
> > > ...
> > > > Phil
> > > > i expressed the symptoms of hyperthyroid by way of explaining to
those
> > who
> > > > didn't know the condition. i never said he is still losing weight.
i
> > > admit
> > > > i posted this clumsily. please ascertain the full facts first.
> > >
> > > Perhaps you should learn how to express yourself a little better so
> people
> > > don't misunderstand you.
> > >
> > >
> > > > this is a newsgroup - i asked a question, i understand the
> implications
> > > of
> > > > the condition. i do not need to write a biography of myself and my
> cats
> > > to
> > > > find out nutritional values of additional foods. would you like to
> ask
> > me
> > > > any questions before you assume my ignorance to Felix's condition?
> > >
> > > Nope. You completely removed the need to assume your ignorance- but
> thanks
> > > for asking.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
>
>
>

Space
October 8th 05, 08:02 PM
diane
it was a method of explaining hyperthyroid. do i deserve to be shot down in
flames for my explaining the condition?

Jeez - this is hard work

"Diane" > wrote in message
...
> In article >,
> "Space" > wrote:
>
> > i expressed the symptoms of hyperthyroid by way of explaining to those
who
> > didn't know the condition. i never said he is still losing weight.
> <snip>
> > "My 13 yr old cat has hyperthyroid, excess energy, losing weight etc.
>
> I understood this to mean "losing weight." It sounds like you mean he
> was losing weight but isn't now. It's hard to tell.
> --
> Web site: http://www.slywy.com/
> Message board: http://www.slywy.com/phpBB2/
> Journal: http://slywy.diaryland.com/

Phil P.
October 8th 05, 08:06 PM
"Space" > wrote in message
...

> is this how you treat newbies to the group? is there an initiation
ceremony
> i need to be aware of? how about i post my credentials? do you neeed to
see
> my cats records? would you prefer it if i post in a few months to say that
> my cat's condition has worstened - maybe you would like to tell me "i told
> you so".

None of the above. Just learn to post messages that aren't misleading. Is
that clear enough for you?

Phil P.
October 8th 05, 08:14 PM
"Space" > wrote in message
...
> diane
> it was a method of explaining hyperthyroid. do i deserve to be shot down
in
> flames for my explaining the condition?

"Shot down in flames"? ROTFL I see you're also a drama queen! I really get
a kick out of the "poor little innocent victim acts".

I'll say this much for you-- you sure picked the right screen name! LOL!

Space
October 8th 05, 08:29 PM
i can appreciate the point that you are making. however i was asking about
additional food requirments.

wouldn't it have been more fitting for someone to reply along the lines
of......

"your cat is still on medication but is losing weight?"

questions and answers.....

i have apologised for clumsy posting BUT i reiterate i was asking about
additional food requiremenst and concerns about nutritional values. Paul
answered this for me and recommended a US brand.

all i can see at the moment is that some want to prove they know and love
their cats more.

Rant over - thanks Diane for taking the time

"Diane" > wrote in message
...
> In article >,
> "Space" > wrote:
>
> > diane
> > it was a method of explaining hyperthyroid. do i deserve to be shot
down in
> > flames for my explaining the condition?
> >
> > Jeez - this is hard work
>
> No, I don't think you deserve to be shot down in flames, but am
> explaining to you that you didn't communicate the cat's current
> condition well so it was very confusing and that it sounds like more
> than one of us misinterpreted. That's all.
>
> Usenet is all words, no body language, no ability to clarify in real
> time, so it's important to be as clear as possible.
>
> I think the ability to communicate is not regarded as highly as it
> should be and should be developed as much as possible.
> --
> Web site: http://www.slywy.com/
> Message board: http://www.slywy.com/phpBB2/
> Journal: http://slywy.diaryland.com/

October 8th 05, 08:39 PM
Sue wroteZ:
>he is on medication but he is still driving
>us nutty. he is sooo greedy all the time.
>we feed the three cats the same flavour
>food each meal but he is always going to
>someone else's bowl for their food.

If your cat is still very greedy where food is concerned and is eating a
lot, it is very likely that the medication he is on for his thyroid
needs to be adjusted. With cats that are hyperthyroid, it is common to
have to adjust the medication several times before the disease is
properly controlled. From what you describe, it sure sounds like his
dose is not right yet, and it would be best if you took him back and had
his thyroid rechecked.

Megan



"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do
nothing."

-Edmund Burke

Learn The TRUTH About Declawing
http://www.stopdeclaw.com

Zuzu's Cats Photo Album:
http://www.PictureTrail.com/zuzu22

"Concerning all acts of initiative (and creation), there is one
elementary truth the ignorance of which kills countless ideas and
splendid plans: that the moment one definitely commits oneself, then
providence moves too. A whole stream of events issues from the decision,
raising in one's favor all manner of unforeseen incidents, meetings and
material assistance, which no man could have dreamt would have come his
way."

- W.H. Murray

Space
October 8th 05, 08:50 PM
> wrote in message
...
> Sue wroteZ:
> >he is on medication but he is still driving
> >us nutty. he is sooo greedy all the time.
> >we feed the three cats the same flavour
> >food each meal but he is always going to
> >someone else's bowl for their food.
>
> If your cat is still very greedy where food is concerned and is eating a
> lot, it is very likely that the medication he is on for his thyroid
> needs to be adjusted. With cats that are hyperthyroid, it is common to
> have to adjust the medication several times before the disease is
> properly controlled. From what you describe, it sure sounds like his
> dose is not right yet, and it would be best if you took him back and had
> his thyroid rechecked.
>
> Megan
>
thanks Megan

he will be going to the vets in the very near future to have his blood
tested again

however, today we introduced dry food for his breakfast (well that is the
intention, he actually had it at lunch time) and so far it has been a
result. he ate what he needed and left the rest. and now is putting his
feet up in front of the fire

Phil P.
October 8th 05, 09:06 PM
"Space" > wrote in message
...
> i can appreciate the point that you are making. however i was asking
about
> additional food requirments.
>
> wouldn't it have been more fitting for someone to reply along the lines
> of......
>
> "your cat is still on medication but is losing weight?"

Why? You already said you're cat was losing weight and he is on medication.
Why would anyone ask a question that you already answered?

Knock knock? In my first post to you I said "If your cat is still losing
weight and has an ravenous appetite his medication probably needs to be
adjusted." Paul concurred. *You* should have clarified your message and
said he was no longer losing weight.

The fact that he still has a ravenous appetite while being fed 4 times a day
is a very clear indication that his medication probably needs to be
adjusted.

Giving him more food is simply treating the symptom- not the *cause*. Do
you understand that concept and its deleterious consequences? Or are you
just normally obtuse?

Joe Canuck
October 8th 05, 09:09 PM
Phil P. wrote:

> "Space" > wrote in message
> ...
>
>>diane
>>it was a method of explaining hyperthyroid. do i deserve to be shot down
>
> in
>
>>flames for my explaining the condition?
>
>
> "Shot down in flames"? ROTFL I see you're also a drama queen! I really get
> a kick out of the "poor little innocent victim acts".
>
> I'll say this much for you-- you sure picked the right screen name! LOL!
>
>
>
>

There is a part missing.

....Cadet.

<laughing>

Space
October 8th 05, 09:24 PM
for some reason Phil's post didn't appear - sorry to reply via someone
else's post.

Phil - what is your problem?

what have i done that is so wrong? please tell me.

let's see - i didn't take the time to re-read my original post. from what i
can tell that is all.

the name Space? so what? drama queen....how so?
let's see - you are getting a kick out of this. well, whoopy doo to you.


"Joe Canuck" > wrote in message
...
> Phil P. wrote:
>
> > "Space" > wrote in message
> > ...
> >
> >>diane
> >>it was a method of explaining hyperthyroid. do i deserve to be shot
down
> >
> > in
> >
> >>flames for my explaining the condition?
> >
> >
> > "Shot down in flames"? ROTFL I see you're also a drama queen! I really
get
> > a kick out of the "poor little innocent victim acts".
> >
> > I'll say this much for you-- you sure picked the right screen name! LOL!
> >
> >
> >
> >
>
> There is a part missing.
>
> ...Cadet.
>
> <laughing>
>

Space
October 8th 05, 09:40 PM
Phil

i agree with everything you say - you are *so* right, sorry
sorry

so so so sorry

do you forgive me??


"Phil P." > wrote in message
...
>
> "Space" > wrote in message
> ...
> > i can appreciate the point that you are making. however i was asking
> about
> > additional food requirments.
> >
> > wouldn't it have been more fitting for someone to reply along the lines
> > of......
> >
> > "your cat is still on medication but is losing weight?"
>
> Why? You already said you're cat was losing weight and he is on
medication.
> Why would anyone ask a question that you already answered?
>
> Knock knock? In my first post to you I said "If your cat is still losing
> weight and has an ravenous appetite his medication probably needs to be
> adjusted." Paul concurred. *You* should have clarified your message and
> said he was no longer losing weight.
>
> The fact that he still has a ravenous appetite while being fed 4 times a
day
> is a very clear indication that his medication probably needs to be
> adjusted.
>
> Giving him more food is simply treating the symptom- not the *cause*. Do
> you understand that concept and its deleterious consequences? Or are you
> just normally obtuse?
>
>
>
>
>

Phil P.
October 8th 05, 10:39 PM
"Space" > wrote in message
...
> Phil
>
> i agree with everything you say


You can't agree with something you don't understand.



> - you are *so* right,


Yes- I know.


sorry
> sorry

That's how I feel for your poor cat.

Phil P.
October 8th 05, 10:39 PM
"Space" > wrote in message
...
> for some reason Phil's post didn't appear - sorry to reply via someone
> else's post.
>
> Phil - what is your problem?


Your treatment of your cat.

>
> what have i done that is so wrong? please tell me.


If you have to ask, you wouldn't understand the answer.

Space
October 8th 05, 11:05 PM
Phil

i agree with what you say. you are, of course, right

i know - so stupid for sending out a post about something i don't understand
to a NG dedicated to cats health and behaviour, about the cats i do not care
about.

it is all so clear to me now

"Phil P." > wrote in message
...
>
> "Space" > wrote in message
> ...
> > Phil
> >
> > i agree with everything you say
>
>
> You can't agree with something you don't understand.
>
>
>
> > - you are *so* right,
>
>
> Yes- I know.
>
>
> sorry
> > sorry
>
> That's how I feel for your poor cat.
>
>
>
>

Phil P.
October 9th 05, 12:10 AM
"Space" > wrote in message
...
> Phil
>
> i agree with what you say. you are, of course, right


I know. So are the other 2 experienced people who told you the same thing.
They didn't get through to you either.



> i know - so stupid for sending out a post about something i don't
understand


Seeking knowledge and information isn't stupid- that's how most people
learn. Stupid is being obtuse and disregarding valid information when its
presented to you. Ignorance is curable- stupidity is usually terminal.

Space
October 9th 05, 12:21 AM
i know - thanks for pointing it out to me
how silly of me to get involved with cats for 13 years and to not listen to
the advice of others. the advice given clearly had not occurred to me. who
would have thought of taking my cat to the vet?

thanks again for listening and being so understanding


"Phil P." > wrote in message
...
>
> "Space" > wrote in message
> ...
> > Phil
> >
> > i agree with what you say. you are, of course, right
>
>
> I know. So are the other 2 experienced people who told you the same thing.
> They didn't get through to you either.
>
>
>
> > i know - so stupid for sending out a post about something i don't
> understand
>
>
> Seeking knowledge and information isn't stupid- that's how most people
> learn. Stupid is being obtuse and disregarding valid information when its
> presented to you. Ignorance is curable- stupidity is usually terminal.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

cybercat
October 9th 05, 12:57 AM
"Phil P." > wrote

> stupidity is usually terminal.
>

Wishful thinking!

Phil P.
October 9th 05, 01:59 AM
"Space" > wrote in message
...
> i know - thanks for pointing it out to me


Anytime. Its always a pleasure to enlighten the obtuse.


> how silly of me to get involved with cats for 13 years and to not listen
to
> the advice of others.


You're right.

PawsForThought
October 9th 05, 04:06 AM
Space wrote:
> i know - thanks for pointing it out to me
> how silly of me to get involved with cats for 13 years and to not listen to
> the advice of others. the advice given clearly had not occurred to me. who
> would have thought of taking my cat to the vet?
>
> thanks again for listening and being so understanding

Sue, why are you being so defensive? Phil gave you some good advice,
especially on some tests to get for your cat. I read your first post
and thought the same thing he did, that your cat's medication probably
needs to be adjusted. I can't help thinking that from what you said
and in your own words "i sound really peeved - i am." you are taking
out your frustration of your situation on posters who are trying to
help you. I understand how hard it can be taking care of a sick cat.
Maybe if you take a little breather, you might feel better. Honestly,
it does sounds like the medication isn't doing all that it's supposed
to be. I do hope Felix feels better.

Lauren

See my cats: http://tinyurl.com/76tg8

Space
October 9th 05, 11:09 AM
"PawsForThought" > wrote in message
oups.com...
>
> Space wrote:
> > i know - thanks for pointing it out to me
> > how silly of me to get involved with cats for 13 years and to not listen
to
> > the advice of others. the advice given clearly had not occurred to me.
who
> > would have thought of taking my cat to the vet?
> >
> > thanks again for listening and being so understanding
>
> Sue, why are you being so defensive? Phil gave you some good advice,
> especially on some tests to get for your cat. I read your first post
> and thought the same thing he did, that your cat's medication probably
> needs to be adjusted. I can't help thinking that from what you said
> and in your own words "i sound really peeved - i am." you are taking
> out your frustration of your situation on posters who are trying to
> help you. I understand how hard it can be taking care of a sick cat.
> Maybe if you take a little breather, you might feel better. Honestly,
> it does sounds like the medication isn't doing all that it's supposed
> to be. I do hope Felix feels better.
>
> Lauren
>
HI Lauren

i posted about additional fod requirements. Gail and Paul both suggested
dry food - along my thinking although i had concerns of giving my cats
something that had no nutritional value.
Phil's first post advised me strongly to take my cat to the vets. Am i
ignoring this advice? and is it advice needed? His second post "what part of
that don't you understand?" was that really necessary? and it just kind of
went on from there.

I do know the problems associated with hyperthyroid and we are dealing with
it. we are looking for solutions at home as well as medical solutions. i
am not taking frustrations out on posters becasue my cat is sick. Phil is
taking his frustrations out on me because he thinks i am not listening.
Phil also assumes i do not know (my) cats. i think he thinks i am neglecting
them. he also appears worried about my other two cats - he wonders if they
are obese. obviously a sign of my my neglect. piece it all together and
you get defensive. if i did not care about my cats would i be trying to
manage this situation as i am? or would i have said goddbye to Felix because
it was too difficult? would i have bothered to ask a question in a NG to try
to establish if what i wanted to do was right?

Felix is much better today thank you. the dry food certainly helps even
though it is only day two. he now has dry food for breakfast and then
portion controlled food x3 during the day.

Phil P.
October 9th 05, 01:25 PM
"Space" > wrote in message
...
>
> "PawsForThought" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
> >
> > Space wrote:
> > > i know - thanks for pointing it out to me
> > > how silly of me to get involved with cats for 13 years and to not
listen
> to
> > > the advice of others. the advice given clearly had not occurred to
me.
> who
> > > would have thought of taking my cat to the vet?
> > >
> > > thanks again for listening and being so understanding
> >
> > Sue, why are you being so defensive? Phil gave you some good advice,
> > especially on some tests to get for your cat. I read your first post
> > and thought the same thing he did, that your cat's medication probably
> > needs to be adjusted. I can't help thinking that from what you said
> > and in your own words "i sound really peeved - i am." you are taking
> > out your frustration of your situation on posters who are trying to
> > help you. I understand how hard it can be taking care of a sick cat.
> > Maybe if you take a little breather, you might feel better. Honestly,
> > it does sounds like the medication isn't doing all that it's supposed
> > to be. I do hope Felix feels better.
> >
> > Lauren
> >
> HI Lauren
>
> i posted about additional fod requirements. Gail and Paul both suggested
> dry food - along my thinking although i had concerns of giving my cats
> something that had no nutritional value.



You wanted answers for how to treat the *symptoms* because they annoy you
and completely ignored suggestions for treating the *cause*.




> Phil's first post advised me strongly to take my cat to the vets. Am i
> ignoring this advice?


Yep. Your only concern is giving your cat more food so he'll stop being such
a nuisance and inconvenience.


> and is it advice needed?


Absolutely. Because you obviously don't have the common sense to realize
that a voracious appetite in a hyperthyroid cat on methimazole is a
glaringly obvious signal that the dose needs to be adjusted and/or that he
may have an underlying problem. You just kept rambling on about the cat's
voracious appetite and how you just want to give the cat more food so he
won't be a nuisance, and
completely ignored finding and treating the *cause* of his voracious
appetite.


His second post "what part of
> that don't you understand?" was that really necessary?


Absolutely! Your original post was very misleading and you did *nothing* to
correct the false impression you gave until you were angered by my remark
"what part of that don't you understand?" So, even someone as obtuse as you
can see, my remark was indeed necessary and served a valuable purpose. As I
said, the feather didn't work on you- but the sledgehammer did.




and it just kind of
> went on from there.


Yep- you went off on your guilt-trip/persecution complex.



> I do know the problems associated with hyperthyroid and we are dealing
with
> it.


Doesn't seem like you're doing a very good job.


> we are looking for solutions at home as well as medical solutions.


....but you ignored the medical solution because taking the cat back to the
vet is a problem and inconvenience for you--


i
> am not taking frustrations out on posters becasue my cat is sick.


It sure seems like you are. Your attitude actually sounds a little like you
might even resent the cat because he may have been forced upon you.


Phil is
> taking his frustrations out on me because he thinks i am not listening.


Obtuse and obstinate people are indeed frustrating.


> Phil also assumes i do not know (my) cats. i think he thinks i am
neglecting
> them. he also appears worried about my other two cats - he wonders if
they
> are obese. obviously a sign of my my neglect.


That about sums up the impression you gave me. Amazing its so accurate.




piece it all together and
> you get defensive.


Seems more like guilt to me.



if i did not care about my cats would i be trying to
> manage this situation as i am? or would i have said goddbye to Felix
because
> it was too difficult? would i have bothered to ask a question in a NG to
try
> to establish if what i wanted to do was right?


Bull****! You came here looking for feeding advice because your cat's
voracious appetite is an *inconvenience* for *you*-- otherwise you would
have expressed concern about why the medication wasn't controlling his
appetite. The *only* thing you seem concerned with is how to get your cat
to stop annoying you for food.

Rational people and people who truly care about their cats don't try to
prove or convince people that they care about their cats just because you're
doing what you're *supposed* to do. You make it sound like you should be
praised and you're doing your cat a favor by treating his illness. You're
*not*! Its your *obligation* and *responsibility*.


> Felix is much better today thank you. the dry food certainly helps even
> though it is only day two. he now has dry food for breakfast and then
> portion controlled food x3 during the day.

That's right-- treat the symptoms and ignore the cause. You truly are a
dolt.

Space
October 9th 05, 02:00 PM
Phil - it is the weekend - what can a vet do now?
..
i think your reaction is extremely inappropraite.
how have i ignored the solutions given to me?

it is inconvenient when Felix is around your feet when preparing food - more
to the point it is dangerous.

so, i am only considering feeding him with more food? is this the case? no -
i am looking for a solution in addition to his medication, in fact it is
also a solution suggested within this thread.

voracious appetite? fussy eating, a danger in the kitchen - these all add up
to me looking at a dry food solution to Felix feeding routine.

sledgehammer completely unnecessary. is this how to you convey with people
in public or do you hide behind your monitor?

i do not have a guilt/persecution complex.

i think i am doing a great job. i know of my obligation and responsibility.
there is so much animal abuse out there - what i am doing is not
commendable, it is in fact responsible.

how is it an inconvenience to me to take the cat back to the vet? it is so
inconvenient right now. it is the weekend. although they have an emergency
contact point this is not an emergency.

i resent my cat?? just where do you get that from?

Obtuse and obstinate people are indeed frustrating. I agree

anyway - i have to go and live a life that exists beyond this screen. i
will meet up with friends and strangers and we will all act like civilised
human beings.

who knows - i may even spend some time with my 3 neglected cats.


"Phil P." > wrote in message
...
>
> "Space" > wrote in message
> ...
> >
> > "PawsForThought" > wrote in message
> > oups.com...
> > >
> > > Space wrote:
> > > > i know - thanks for pointing it out to me
> > > > how silly of me to get involved with cats for 13 years and to not
> listen
> > to
> > > > the advice of others. the advice given clearly had not occurred to
> me.
> > who
> > > > would have thought of taking my cat to the vet?
> > > >
> > > > thanks again for listening and being so understanding
> > >
> > > Sue, why are you being so defensive? Phil gave you some good advice,
> > > especially on some tests to get for your cat. I read your first post
> > > and thought the same thing he did, that your cat's medication probably
> > > needs to be adjusted. I can't help thinking that from what you said
> > > and in your own words "i sound really peeved - i am." you are taking
> > > out your frustration of your situation on posters who are trying to
> > > help you. I understand how hard it can be taking care of a sick cat.
> > > Maybe if you take a little breather, you might feel better. Honestly,
> > > it does sounds like the medication isn't doing all that it's supposed
> > > to be. I do hope Felix feels better.
> > >
> > > Lauren
> > >
> > HI Lauren
> >
> > i posted about additional fod requirements. Gail and Paul both
suggested
> > dry food - along my thinking although i had concerns of giving my cats
> > something that had no nutritional value.
>
>
>
> You wanted answers for how to treat the *symptoms* because they annoy you
> and completely ignored suggestions for treating the *cause*.
>
>
>
>
> > Phil's first post advised me strongly to take my cat to the vets. Am i
> > ignoring this advice?
>
>
> Yep. Your only concern is giving your cat more food so he'll stop being
such
> a nuisance and inconvenience.
>
>
> > and is it advice needed?
>
>
> Absolutely. Because you obviously don't have the common sense to realize
> that a voracious appetite in a hyperthyroid cat on methimazole is a
> glaringly obvious signal that the dose needs to be adjusted and/or that he
> may have an underlying problem. You just kept rambling on about the cat's
> voracious appetite and how you just want to give the cat more food so he
> won't be a nuisance, and
> completely ignored finding and treating the *cause* of his voracious
> appetite.
>
>
> His second post "what part of
> > that don't you understand?" was that really necessary?
>
>
> Absolutely! Your original post was very misleading and you did *nothing*
to
> correct the false impression you gave until you were angered by my remark
> "what part of that don't you understand?" So, even someone as obtuse as
you
> can see, my remark was indeed necessary and served a valuable purpose. As
I
> said, the feather didn't work on you- but the sledgehammer did.
>
>
>
>
> and it just kind of
> > went on from there.
>
>
> Yep- you went off on your guilt-trip/persecution complex.
>
>
>
> > I do know the problems associated with hyperthyroid and we are dealing
> with
> > it.
>
>
> Doesn't seem like you're doing a very good job.
>
>
> > we are looking for solutions at home as well as medical solutions.
>
>
> ...but you ignored the medical solution because taking the cat back to the
> vet is a problem and inconvenience for you--
>
>
> i
> > am not taking frustrations out on posters becasue my cat is sick.
>
>
> It sure seems like you are. Your attitude actually sounds a little like
you
> might even resent the cat because he may have been forced upon you.
>
>
> Phil is
> > taking his frustrations out on me because he thinks i am not listening.
>
>
> Obtuse and obstinate people are indeed frustrating.
>
>
> > Phil also assumes i do not know (my) cats. i think he thinks i am
> neglecting
> > them. he also appears worried about my other two cats - he wonders if
> they
> > are obese. obviously a sign of my my neglect.
>
>
> That about sums up the impression you gave me. Amazing its so accurate.
>
>
>
>
> piece it all together and
> > you get defensive.
>
>
> Seems more like guilt to me.
>
>
>
> if i did not care about my cats would i be trying to
> > manage this situation as i am? or would i have said goddbye to Felix
> because
> > it was too difficult? would i have bothered to ask a question in a NG to
> try
> > to establish if what i wanted to do was right?
>
>
> Bull****! You came here looking for feeding advice because your cat's
> voracious appetite is an *inconvenience* for *you*-- otherwise you would
> have expressed concern about why the medication wasn't controlling his
> appetite. The *only* thing you seem concerned with is how to get your cat
> to stop annoying you for food.
>
> Rational people and people who truly care about their cats don't try to
> prove or convince people that they care about their cats just because
you're
> doing what you're *supposed* to do. You make it sound like you should be
> praised and you're doing your cat a favor by treating his illness. You're
> *not*! Its your *obligation* and *responsibility*.
>
>
> > Felix is much better today thank you. the dry food certainly helps even
> > though it is only day two. he now has dry food for breakfast and then
> > portion controlled food x3 during the day.
>
> That's right-- treat the symptoms and ignore the cause. You truly are a
> dolt.
>
>
>
>
>

Phil P.
October 9th 05, 02:36 PM
"Space" > wrote in message
...

> anyway - i have to go

I thought you'd never stop whining. Come back when you can't stay so long.

PawsForThought
October 11th 05, 01:22 PM
Diane wrote:
> In article . com>,
> "PawsForThought" > wrote:
>
> > http://tinyurl.com/76tg8
>
> Does "Mickey Innocent" mean he usually isn't?

Absolutely!! He's my little terror with fur :)

> Pooh Bear looks like Hodge, even down to the dark speck in the corner of
> the eye. (One of my friends says it's his one facial flaw, whereas I
> like to think of it as a beauty mark, or, if you prefer, a character
> mark. :)

I looked at pictures on your website of Hodge. He's gorgeous and he
does definitely look like Pooh Bear. Poor Bear belonged to a friend of
mine. Unfortunately Poor Bear passed on this past summer due to old
age related illness. Your Hodge was so beautiful, and I love her
coloring :)

Lauren
(and Mickey & Meesha)
Raise Your Paw for Raw!

See my cats: http://tinyurl.com/76tg8