PDA

View Full Version : Re: Home for Love-Starved Cats?

jmc
October 10th 05, 09:04 AM
Suddenly, without warning, Brandy Alexandre exclaimed (10-Oct-05 4:14 AM):
> Is there some invisible sign that neighborhood cats put on your door to
> tell other cats "get love here?" Boots was by meowing at the door this
> morning, so I lavished some love on him and sent him on his way. Then,
> a few hours later, there was a different meow at my door. I opened it
> to a really sweet calico with a tag that said she was Chloe. I pleyed
> with her a bit--very spunky--and then she left. How did she know to
> park at my door and meow?
>
> Kami's annoyed by it. I've invited both cats in and she wasn't the
> least bit amused. Oddly, both cats are declawed, but I was impressed
> with Chloe. While we were hording around outside she went right up the
> tree. She hug with her front lags and propelled with her back. I
> still don't think declaws should be allowed out side.

Yea, declaws do learn. I made that mistake in my (very) younger days,
and Mouse just learned that anything she wanted to rip to pieces, she
just needed to grab and have at it with her hinds (or of course, simply
bite!). She was 18# of pure Maine Coon muscle, so she was very good at
that.

I agree, it's a dangerous enough world for cats with all their defenses.

jmc

Joe Canuck
October 10th 05, 02:47 PM
Brandy Alexandre wrote:
> Is there some invisible sign that neighborhood cats put on your door to
> tell other cats "get love here?" Boots was by meowing at the door this
> morning, so I lavished some love on him and sent him on his way. Then,
> a few hours later, there was a different meow at my door. I opened it
> to a really sweet calico with a tag that said she was Chloe. I pleyed
> with her a bit--very spunky--and then she left. How did she know to
> park at my door and meow?
>
> Kami's annoyed by it. I've invited both cats in and she wasn't the
> least bit amused.

No surprise there, she knows better than you and doesn't want to catch
something... like say ear mites.

> Oddly, both cats are declawed, but I was impressed
> with Chloe. While we were hording around outside she went right up the
> tree. She hug with her front lags and propelled with her back. I
> still don't think declaws should be allowed out side.

So what are you going to do about that... other than come to the
newsgroup to express your opinion?

October 10th 05, 06:56 PM
Joe Canuck wrote:
> Brandy Alexandre wrote:
> > Is there some invisible sign that neighborhood cats put on your door to
> > tell other cats "get love here?" Boots was by meowing at the door this
> > morning, so I lavished some love on him and sent him on his way. Then,
> > a few hours later, there was a different meow at my door. I opened it
> > to a really sweet calico with a tag that said she was Chloe. I pleyed
> > with her a bit--very spunky--and then she left. How did she know to
> > park at my door and meow?
> >
> > Kami's annoyed by it. I've invited both cats in and she wasn't the
> > least bit amused.

Cats know. They did one study was it where the cats knew when an owner
was coming home, even if on a varible shift! Did not need a telephone
call. This was in UK as I recall. When the cat would get up from
slumbering, the guy would show in around 20 minutes.

> No surprise there, she knows better than you and doesn't want to catch
> something... like say ear mites.

Females are very real estate possessive. The males just want an excuse
to fight.

> > Oddly, both cats are declawed, but I was impressed
> > with Chloe. While we were hording around outside she went right up the
> > tree. She hug with her front lags and propelled with her back. I
> > still don't think declaws should be allowed out side.
> >

> So what are you going to do about that... other than come to the
> newsgroup to express your opinion?

What do you suggest? Outlawing declawing might be a start. And the
vets? Teaching people or making a mandatory course in high school - how
to treat your pet to a scratching post with catnip. Put that course
along others. Like don't declaw your pets, declaw your parents!

October 10th 05, 09:56 PM
Brandy Alexandre wrote:

> He just like to be contrarian with me. I have him plonked, but I
> see some of his comments when others reply. Last time when I said
> Boots wanted love he thought I *should* let the cat in. You'll find
> the Joke Canuck will find something wrong with absolutely everything
> I post.

Some cats are like that. Their only good day is a bad day :)

Joe Canuck
October 10th 05, 10:29 PM
Brandy Alexandre wrote:

> > wrote in
> rec.pets.cats.health+behav:
>

>>Joe Canuck wrote:

>>Cats know. They did one study was it where the cats knew when an
>>owner was coming home, even if on a varible shift! Did not need a
>>telephone call. This was in UK as I recall. When the cat would get
>>up from slumbering, the guy would show in around 20 minutes.
>>

>>>No surprise there, she knows better than you and doesn't want to
>>>catch something... like say ear mites.
>>
>>Females are very real estate possessive. The males just want an
>>excuse to fight.

>>>So what are you going to do about that... other than come to the
>>>newsgroup to express your opinion?
>>
>>What do you suggest? Outlawing declawing might be a start. And the
>>vets? Teaching people or making a mandatory course in high school
>>- how to treat your pet to a scratching post with catnip. Put that
>>course along others. Like don't declaw your pets, declaw your
>>parents!
>>

> He just like to be contrarian with me. I have him plonked, but I
> see some of his comments when others reply. Last time when I said
> Boots wanted love he thought I *should* let the cat in. You'll find
> the Joke Canuck will find something wrong with absolutely everything
> I post.

It isn't my fault if there IS something wrong with everything you say.

<shrug> <rolls eyes>

I believe the subject of that thread which you originated was
"Neighbor's Cat Annoying Me".

I'd say if you are annoyed by cats... any cat, then you are in the wrong
newsgroup.

Apparently even your own cat annoyed you... so you had her declawed.

The fact that you try to misrepresent what I did say once again goes to
your credibility... or rather the complete lack of.

BTW, below is what I really did say. Notice anything about inviting the
cat inside? No.

> Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 18:21:44 -0400
> From: Joe Canuck >
> Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.health+behav
> Subject: Re: Neighbor's Cat Annoying Me
>
> Brandy Alexandre wrote:
>
>> Okay, I love cats, we know that.
>
> We do?
>
> We only know what you are telling us. I suspect those who truly love
> cats don't go around proclaiming they do... they just DO.
>
> Actually, your subject line speaks volumes... those who love cats are
> never annoyed by them. We tolerate their quirks with a smile and
> thoroughly enjoy their company... even at 6 am in the morning.
>
>> I've felt a little sorry for Boots
>> because, even though he appears to want to be outside, he's lonesome.
>> If he sees me, he wants to come in.
>>
>> I don't remember if I mentioned it, but there was a cat fight right in
>> front of my living room window and I opened the door and it was Boots.
>> He doesn't have claws, but he's a good 25+ pounds and was giving some
>> poor cat the "what for." Boots saw me and came up for lovin' but
>> escaped my grasp when the other cat took off and went chasing after it.
>> He's a bully!
>>
>> Anyway, so now he's absolutely sure where I live and comes and meows at
>> my door. He then figured out which patio was mine and was meowing at
>> *that* door. And THEN at 6:00 a.m. Saturday, he's meowing at my
>> bedroom window. I can tell him to be quiet and go home, but he makes
>> me feel so bad when I shut the door in his face.
>
> Yet, you still shut the door in his face.
>

>> Suggestions?
>>

> Yes, stop shutting the door in his face. Easy huh? :)

Phil P.
October 10th 05, 11:03 PM
"Brandy Alexandre" > wrote in message

You'll find
> the Joke Canuck will find something wrong with absolutely everything
> I post.

That's not very hard to do.

Paul M. Cook
October 11th 05, 01:47 AM
"Joe Canuck" > wrote in message
> Brandy Alexandre wrote:
>
> > > wrote in
> > rec.pets.cats.health+behav:

> >>Cats know. They did one study was it where the cats knew when an
> >>owner was coming home, even if on a varible shift! Did not need a
> >>telephone call. This was in UK as I recall. When the cat would get
> >>up from slumbering, the guy would show in around 20 minutes.

> >>Females are very real estate possessive. The males just want an
> >>excuse to fight.

> >>What do you suggest? Outlawing declawing might be a start. And the
> >>vets? Teaching people or making a mandatory course in high school
> >>- how to treat your pet to a scratching post with catnip. Put that
> >>course along others. Like don't declaw your pets, declaw your
> >>parents!
> >>

> > He just like to be contrarian with me. I have him plonked, but I
> > see some of his comments when others reply. Last time when I said
> > Boots wanted love he thought I *should* let the cat in. You'll find
> > the Joke Canuck will find something wrong with absolutely everything
> > I post.
> >

> It isn't my fault if there IS something wrong with everything you say.
>
> <shrug> <rolls eyes>
>
> I believe the subject of that thread which you originated was
> "Neighbor's Cat Annoying Me".
>
> I'd say if you are annoyed by cats... any cat, then you are in the wrong
> newsgroup.
>
> Apparently even your own cat annoyed you... so you had her declawed.
>
> The fact that you try to misrepresent what I did say once again goes to
> your credibility... or rather the complete lack of.
>
> BTW, below is what I really did say. Notice anything about inviting the
> cat inside? No.

> > Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 18:21:44 -0400
> > From: Joe Canuck >
> > Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.health+behav
> > Subject: Re: Neighbor's Cat Annoying Me
> >
> > Brandy Alexandre wrote:
> >
> >> Okay, I love cats, we know that.
> >
> > We do?
> >
> > We only know what you are telling us. I suspect those who truly love
> > cats don't go around proclaiming they do... they just DO.
> >
> > Actually, your subject line speaks volumes... those who love cats are
> > never annoyed by them. We tolerate their quirks with a smile and
> > thoroughly enjoy their company... even at 6 am in the morning.

This is just patently ridiculous. *This* is the basis for your opinion?
That somebody does not gleefully welcome the presence of a pushy and loud
cat in the wee hours of the morning? I'm an animal lover too but to say
that somehow somebody's love is questionable because they aren't on-call
24x7 whenever a stray comes around howling is a stretch. I have 2 cats, one
of which annoyed the living hell out of me the first year we were together.
I mean you had to be there. But I love the little guy with my whole being,
he's mine for life, I would die if anything happened to him, I'd not trade
him for 1 second (though for a while I did entertain the idea of making an
oven mitt out of his annoying little ass.) I love him more every day even
though just today he threw up all over a stack of undeposited checks, tossed
litter all over a freshly cleaned floor after a ripping good BM and woke me
up at 4:30 by jumping with all his weight on my chest. Was I annoyed? You
better believe it. What did I do about it? I went back to bed grumpy,
swearing and recalling the oven-mitt idea after flicking him off my bed like
a tiddly-wink (which he seemed to interpret as an invitation to play.) He
still loves me and I still love him. We tolerate each other and I'm sure I
annoy him too from time to time.

Lots and lots of people post to this group with every manner of cat stpry
you can think of. I don;t see you jumping down their throats, so why just
pick on a selcted target?

Paul

Joe Canuck
October 11th 05, 02:26 AM
Paul M. Cook wrote:

> "Joe Canuck" > wrote in message
>
>>Brandy Alexandre wrote:
>>

> wrote in
>>>rec.pets.cats.health+behav:

>>>He just like to be contrarian with me. I have him plonked, but I
>>>see some of his comments when others reply. Last time when I said
>>>Boots wanted love he thought I *should* let the cat in. You'll find
>>>the Joke Canuck will find something wrong with absolutely everything
>>>I post.
>>>

>>It isn't my fault if there IS something wrong with everything you say.
>>
>><shrug> <rolls eyes>
>>
>>I believe the subject of that thread which you originated was
>>"Neighbor's Cat Annoying Me".
>>
>>I'd say if you are annoyed by cats... any cat, then you are in the wrong
>>newsgroup.
>>
>>Apparently even your own cat annoyed you... so you had her declawed.
>>
>>The fact that you try to misrepresent what I did say once again goes to
>>your credibility... or rather the complete lack of.
>>
>>BTW, below is what I really did say. Notice anything about inviting the
>>cat inside? No.

> local01.nntp.dca.giganews.com!nntp.magma.ca!news.m agma.ca.POSTED!not-for-mai

>>>Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 18:21:44 -0400
>>>From: Joe Canuck >
>
> Gecko/20050319

>>>Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.health+behav
>>>Subject: Re: Neighbor's Cat Annoying Me
>
> fm7DqBBTWaYvDhOX1EIH!ylFGpgJvkoPsp2STNKyuddhFJqpQG xN7dpujC2r6wTtxW53zPuIRIBz
> SGgUkfrSe6jl4d2rw

> complaint properly

>>>We do?
>>>
>>>We only know what you are telling us. I suspect those who truly love
>>>cats don't go around proclaiming they do... they just DO.
>>>
>>>Actually, your subject line speaks volumes... those who love cats are
>>>never annoyed by them. We tolerate their quirks with a smile and
>>>thoroughly enjoy their company... even at 6 am in the morning.
>

> This is just patently ridiculous.

Really? Am I alone in *never* being annoyed by my pets?

Isn't life far too short to spend even a tiny portion of it annoyed?

I think so.

> *This* is the basis for your opinion?

It is?

Where did I say that?

> That somebody does not gleefully welcome the presence of a pushy and loud
> cat in the wee hours of the morning? I'm an animal lover too but to say
> that somehow somebody's love is questionable because they aren't on-call
> 24x7 whenever a stray comes around howling is a stretch. I have 2 cats, one
> of which annoyed the living hell out of me the first year we were together.
> I mean you had to be there. But I love the little guy with my whole being,
> he's mine for life, I would die if anything happened to him, I'd not trade
> him for 1 second (though for a while I did entertain the idea of making an
> oven mitt out of his annoying little ass.) I love him more every day even
> though just today he threw up all over a stack of undeposited checks, tossed
> litter all over a freshly cleaned floor after a ripping good BM and woke me
> up at 4:30 by jumping with all his weight on my chest. Was I annoyed? You
> better believe it. What did I do about it? I went back to bed grumpy,
> swearing and recalling the oven-mitt idea after flicking him off my bed like
> a tiddly-wink (which he seemed to interpret as an invitation to play.) He
> still loves me and I still love him. We tolerate each other and I'm sure I
> annoy him too from time to time.
>
> Lots and lots of people post to this group with every manner of cat stpry
> you can think of. I don;t see you jumping down their throats, so why just
> pick on a selcted target?
>
> Paul

One doesn't sleep well grumpy. :)

I'd say life is too short to spend even a small portion of it annoyed.

Paul M. Cook
October 11th 05, 02:35 AM
> I'd say life is too short to spend even a small portion of it annoyed.

Then you picked a strange place to hang out.

Paul

Joe Canuck
October 11th 05, 02:41 AM
Paul M. Cook wrote:

>>I'd say life is too short to spend even a small portion of it annoyed.
>

> Then you picked a strange place to hang out.
>
> Paul

I enjoy Usenet and never get annoyed.

You see, I don't take much of what goes on here seriously and keep my
sense of humour near the surface. :)

Juls
October 11th 05, 03:21 AM
In article >,
"Brandy**Alexandre" > wrote:

> Kami's annoyed by it.

How's she doing?

--
To email (remove annoying hyphens)

j-u-l-i
at
e-c-t-dot-o-r-g

Brian Beuchaw
October 11th 05, 08:37 PM
Joe Canuck > wrote:

> Really? Am I alone in *never* being annoyed by my pets?

I'd guess you're in the .0001% of pet-owners that are *never* annoyed by
your pets.

> Isn't life far too short to spend even a tiny portion of it annoyed?
>
> I think so.

OK, I want lessons from you on how to spend my entire life never getting
annoyed by anything, 'cos you must be a Zen master of the highest order,
Buddha, on some *amazing* drugs, or something else because life just ain't
like that for about 99.9999% of the population.

Our cats annoy us on an almost daily basis, and I'd venture to say that
nobody else that reads this newsgroup has *never* been annoyed by their
pets.

brian
--
If you want to reply to this message by mail, you will
have to change the reply address to

Joe Canuck
October 11th 05, 08:42 PM
Brian Beuchaw wrote:

> Joe Canuck > wrote:
>
>>Really? Am I alone in *never* being annoyed by my pets?
>

> I'd guess you're in the .0001% of pet-owners that are *never* annoyed by
> your pets.
>

>>Isn't life far too short to spend even a tiny portion of it annoyed?
>>
>>I think so.
>

> OK, I want lessons from you on how to spend my entire life never getting
> annoyed by anything, 'cos you must be a Zen master of the highest order,
> Buddha, on some *amazing* drugs, or something else because life just ain't
> like that for about 99.9999% of the population.
>
> Our cats annoy us on an almost daily basis, and I'd venture to say that
> nobody else that reads this newsgroup has *never* been annoyed by their
> pets.
>
> brian

Being annoyed is a choice, I choose not to be... you can too.

Brian Beuchaw
October 11th 05, 09:18 PM
Joe Canuck > wrote:

> Being annoyed is a choice, I choose not to be... you can too.

You're a better person than about 99% of the population - I congratulate
you. And I still want some of whatever drug you're on. :-)

brian
--
If you want to reply to this message by mail, you will
have to change the reply address to

Juls
October 11th 05, 11:52 PM
In article >,
"Brandy**Alexandre" > wrote:

> Other than that, she is still Ms. Spunky. A few days ago she had one
> of those "Oh God! I have to be in the other room RIGHT NOW!"
> Zoooom....

I'm really glad to hear that she's feeling better. I kind of thought of
Kami as Dmitri's CRF buddy, and I was looking to you and Kami for tips
'n tricks, and moral support down that road. Things didn't go as I
planned obviously, but I'm glad to hear she's still got spunk in her.
That makes me happy. :)

Big scritches to her...

Juls

p.s. I'm glad you're okay after your car accident. That sucked!

--
To email (remove annoying hyphens)

j-u-l-i
at
e-c-t-dot-o-r-g

Joe Canuck
October 12th 05, 12:53 AM
Juls wrote:

> and I was looking to you and Kami for tips
> 'n tricks

For tips n' tricks regarding CRF you'd be far better to rely on Phil in
this newsgroup.

....notwithstanding previous comments, I say this without bias.

meee
October 12th 05, 12:57 AM
"Brian Beuchaw" > wrote in message
> Joe Canuck > wrote:
> >
> > Really? Am I alone in *never* being annoyed by my pets?
>
> I'd guess you're in the .0001% of pet-owners that are *never* annoyed by
> your pets.
>
> > Isn't life far too short to spend even a tiny portion of it annoyed?
> >
> > I think so.
>
> OK, I want lessons from you on how to spend my entire life never getting
> annoyed by anything, 'cos you must be a Zen master of the highest order,
> Buddha, on some *amazing* drugs, or something else because life just ain't
> like that for about 99.9999% of the population.
>
> Our cats annoy us on an almost daily basis, and I'd venture to say that
> nobody else that reads this newsgroup has *never* been annoyed by their
> pets.

I'm sorry if this offends touchy people, but I have to agree. Jasmine is
*annoying* me right now. Cats do it deliberately, in order to get what they
want. So do children. She's annoying me because she's pregnant, I've changed
her food, bought the wrong flavour too, and I won't let her outside to kill
the birds (she's an ex-stray and still not reconciled to inside life). I
know she was doing it on purpose because when I didn't give in to her, she's
gone off to have a nap...but cats practise being annoying...and aloof and
scary and cute and lovable. That's why we love them!! We don't not love them
if they annoy us by jumping on us at 3am, claws out. We still love them,
that's why we roll over, get out of bed and feed them. Lighten up, this is
just a newsgroup.
> brian
> --
> If you want to reply to this message by mail, you will
> have to change the reply address to

Joe Canuck
October 12th 05, 01:20 AM
meee wrote:

> "Brian Beuchaw" > wrote in message
>
>>Joe Canuck > wrote:
>>
>>>Really? Am I alone in *never* being annoyed by my pets?
>>
>>I'd guess you're in the .0001% of pet-owners that are *never* annoyed by
>>your pets.
>>

>>>Isn't life far too short to spend even a tiny portion of it annoyed?
>>>
>>>I think so.
>>
>>OK, I want lessons from you on how to spend my entire life never getting
>>annoyed by anything, 'cos you must be a Zen master of the highest order,
>>Buddha, on some *amazing* drugs, or something else because life just ain't
>>like that for about 99.9999% of the population.
>>
>>Our cats annoy us on an almost daily basis, and I'd venture to say that
>>nobody else that reads this newsgroup has *never* been annoyed by their
>>pets.
>>

> I'm sorry if this offends touchy people, but I have to agree. Jasmine is
> *annoying* me right now. Cats do it deliberately, in order to get what they
> want. So do children. She's annoying me because she's pregnant, I've changed
> her food, bought the wrong flavour too, and I won't let her outside to kill
> the birds (she's an ex-stray and still not reconciled to inside life). I
> know she was doing it on purpose because when I didn't give in to her, she's
> gone off to have a nap...but cats practise being annoying...and aloof and
> scary and cute and lovable. That's why we love them!! We don't not love them
> if they annoy us by jumping on us at 3am, claws out. We still love them,
> that's why we roll over, get out of bed and feed them. Lighten up, this is
> just a newsgroup.
>
>>brian
>>--
>>If you want to reply to this message by mail, you will
>>have to change the reply address to

I don't think cats practise being annoying, they just exist and go about
their kitty business.

Our emotions are choices. No one forces an emotion on anyone else. One
makes a choice to be in a certain mood.

meee
October 12th 05, 01:43 AM
"Joe Canuck" > wrote in message
> meee wrote:

> >>I'd guess you're in the .0001% of pet-owners that are *never* annoyed by
> >>your pets.

> >>OK, I want lessons from you on how to spend my entire life never getting
> >>annoyed by anything, 'cos you must be a Zen master of the highest order,
> >>Buddha, on some *amazing* drugs, or something else because life just
ain't
> >>like that for about 99.9999% of the population.
> >>
> >>Our cats annoy us on an almost daily basis, and I'd venture to say that
> >>nobody else that reads this newsgroup has *never* been annoyed by their
> >>pets.
> >>

> > I'm sorry if this offends touchy people, but I have to agree. Jasmine is
> > *annoying* me right now. Cats do it deliberately, in order to get what
they
> > want. So do children. She's annoying me because she's pregnant, I've
changed
> > her food, bought the wrong flavour too, and I won't let her outside to
kill
> > the birds (she's an ex-stray and still not reconciled to inside life). I
> > know she was doing it on purpose because when I didn't give in to her,
she's
> > gone off to have a nap...but cats practise being annoying...and aloof
and
> > scary and cute and lovable. That's why we love them!! We don't not love
them
> > if they annoy us by jumping on us at 3am, claws out. We still love them,
> > that's why we roll over, get out of bed and feed them. Lighten up, this
is
> > just a newsgroup.
> >
> >>brian
> >>--
> >>If you want to reply to this message by mail, you will
> >>have to change the reply address to
> >>

> I don't think cats practise being annoying, they just exist and go about
> their kitty business.

True! they're not deliberately being annoying, it just looks that way!
they're just being cats, I suppose

> Our emotions are choices. No one forces an emotion on anyone else. One
> makes a choice to be in a certain mood.

Yes, but in some situations, most people find it difficult to even think
about whether they can make a choice to be annoyed or not. It's only human
to be sometimes overtaken by emotion...it's very hard to constantly choose
not to be annoyed, I personally found it easier to stay calm when I was
single and unworried by money. When you have children, animals or partners
it gets more difficult, and harder to 'choose' not to feel annoyed...I agree
with taking responsibilty for emotions, but be sympathetic to those who are
still learning the skill of self-actualization.

cybercat
October 12th 05, 02:11 AM
"Joe Canuck" > wrote in message

> I don't think cats practise being annoying, they just exist and go about
> their kitty business.
>
> Our emotions are choices. No one forces an emotion on anyone else. One
> makes a choice to be in a certain mood.

Unless one has a victim mentality. There's an epidemic of that going
around, Joe.

Paul M. Cook
October 12th 05, 02:20 AM
"Joe Canuck" > wrote in message
> meee wrote:

> >>I'd guess you're in the .0001% of pet-owners that are *never* annoyed by
> >>your pets.

> >>OK, I want lessons from you on how to spend my entire life never getting
> >>annoyed by anything, 'cos you must be a Zen master of the highest order,
> >>Buddha, on some *amazing* drugs, or something else because life just
ain't
> >>like that for about 99.9999% of the population.
> >>
> >>Our cats annoy us on an almost daily basis, and I'd venture to say that
> >>nobody else that reads this newsgroup has *never* been annoyed by their
> >>pets.
> >>

> > I'm sorry if this offends touchy people, but I have to agree. Jasmine is
> > *annoying* me right now. Cats do it deliberately, in order to get what
they
> > want. So do children. She's annoying me because she's pregnant, I've
changed
> > her food, bought the wrong flavour too, and I won't let her outside to
kill
> > the birds (she's an ex-stray and still not reconciled to inside life). I
> > know she was doing it on purpose because when I didn't give in to her,
she's
> > gone off to have a nap...but cats practise being annoying...and aloof
and
> > scary and cute and lovable. That's why we love them!! We don't not love
them
> > if they annoy us by jumping on us at 3am, claws out. We still love them,
> > that's why we roll over, get out of bed and feed them. Lighten up, this
is
> > just a newsgroup.
> >
> >>brian
> >>--
> >>If you want to reply to this message by mail, you will
> >>have to change the reply address to
> >>

> I don't think cats practise being annoying, they just exist and go about
> their kitty business.
>
> Our emotions are choices. No one forces an emotion on anyone else. One
> makes a choice to be in a certain mood.

The only person I see having a conniption fit here is yourself. I believe
you are engaging in what is known as projection.

Paul

Joe Canuck
October 12th 05, 02:39 AM
Paul M. Cook wrote:

> "Joe Canuck" > wrote in message
>
>>meee wrote:

> ain't

>>>I'm sorry if this offends touchy people, but I have to agree. Jasmine is
>>>*annoying* me right now. Cats do it deliberately, in order to get what
>
> they
>
>>>want. So do children. She's annoying me because she's pregnant, I've
>
> changed
>
>>>her food, bought the wrong flavour too, and I won't let her outside to
>
> kill
>
>>>the birds (she's an ex-stray and still not reconciled to inside life). I
>>>know she was doing it on purpose because when I didn't give in to her,
>
> she's
>
>>>gone off to have a nap...but cats practise being annoying...and aloof
>
> and
>
>>>scary and cute and lovable. That's why we love them!! We don't not love
>
> them
>
>>>if they annoy us by jumping on us at 3am, claws out. We still love them,
>>>that's why we roll over, get out of bed and feed them. Lighten up, this
>
> is
>
>>>just a newsgroup.

>>I don't think cats practise being annoying, they just exist and go about
>>their kitty business.
>>
>>Our emotions are choices. No one forces an emotion on anyone else. One
>>makes a choice to be in a certain mood.
>>

> The only person I see having a conniption fit here is yourself. I believe
> you are engaging in what is known as projection.
>
> Paul

Take a closer look. :)

Juls
October 12th 05, 03:09 AM
In article >, Joe Canuck
> wrote:

> Juls wrote:
>
> > and I was looking to you and Kami for tips
> > 'n tricks
>
> For tips n' tricks regarding CRF you'd be far better to rely on Phil in
> this newsgroup.

I did, very heavily, and Phil was a great source of help on choosing
foods, and other aspects of CRF. I was just starting to really delve
into the education.

But Brandy and Kami are going through CRF right now, and I know she's
dealing with sub-q and other CRF issues *right now*. I thought we'd be
dealing with very similar issues, kind of traveling the same road, same
time.

But before Dmitri's CRF (very early stage, had just been diagnosed and
his numbers were fairly low) progressed to the stage of needing sub-q
or anything but a diet change, he passed away in his sleep.

I suspect you already know how highly I regard Phil's advice and info,
but were just looking for something to snipe at Brandy with. I guess I
missed it in other threads, but this thread it's obvious: you don't
like Brandy (or else you do, big time, and this is your mating call).

> ...notwithstanding previous comments, I say this without bias.

Uh huh.

--
To email (remove annoying hyphens)

j-u-l-i
at
e-c-t-dot-o-r-g

Joe Canuck
October 12th 05, 03:28 AM
Juls wrote:

> In article >, Joe Canuck
> > wrote:
>

>>Juls wrote:
>>

>>>and I was looking to you and Kami for tips
>>>'n tricks
>>
>>For tips n' tricks regarding CRF you'd be far better to rely on Phil in
>>this newsgroup.
>

> I did, very heavily, and Phil was a great source of help on choosing
> foods, and other aspects of CRF. I was just starting to really delve
> into the education.
>
> But Brandy and Kami are going through CRF right now, and I know she's
> dealing with sub-q and other CRF issues *right now*. I thought we'd be
> dealing with very similar issues, kind of traveling the same road, same
> time.
>
> But before Dmitri's CRF (very early stage, had just been diagnosed and
> his numbers were fairly low) progressed to the stage of needing sub-q
> or anything but a diet change, he passed away in his sleep.
>
> I suspect you already know how highly I regard Phil's advice and info,
> but were just looking for something to snipe at Brandy with. I guess I
> missed it in other threads, but this thread it's obvious: you don't
> like Brandy (or else you do, big time, and this is your mating call).
>

>>...notwithstanding previous comments, I say this without bias.
>

> Uh huh.

Your perceptions be wrong.

cybercat
October 12th 05, 03:35 AM
"Paul M. Cook" > wrote :

> > I don't think cats practise being annoying, they just exist and go about
> > their kitty business.
> >
> > Our emotions are choices. No one forces an emotion on anyone else. One
> > makes a choice to be in a certain mood.
> >

> The only person I see having a conniption fit here is yourself. I believe
> you are engaging in what is known as projection.

Do elaborate, Doctor.

What I like is how Brandy summoned all her nerve and declared that
she does not agree that cats who are declawed should be allowed
to roam outside.

cybercat
October 12th 05, 03:37 AM
"Joe Canuck" > wrote:

> > Uh huh.
> >

> Your perceptions be wrong.

Feel a little like you're twisting in the wind, Joe old boy?

:)

Joe Canuck
October 12th 05, 03:40 AM
cybercat wrote:

> "Joe Canuck" > wrote:
>

>>>Uh huh.
>>>

>>Your perceptions be wrong.
>>

> Feel a little like you're twisting in the wind, Joe old boy?
>
> :)

The "old boy" comment really bites. I just celebrated 50. :)

Brandy  Alexandre
October 12th 05, 04:00 AM
Juls > wrote in rec.pets.cats.health+behav:

> I did, very heavily, and Phil was a great source of help on
> choosing foods, and other aspects of CRF. I was just starting to
> really delve into the education.
>
> But Brandy and Kami are going through CRF right now, and I know
> she's dealing with sub-q and other CRF issues *right now*. I
> thought we'd be dealing with very similar issues, kind of
> traveling the same road, same time.
>
> But before Dmitri's CRF (very early stage, had just been diagnosed
> and his numbers were fairly low) progressed to the stage of
> needing sub-q or anything but a diet change, he passed away in his
> sleep.
>
> I suspect you already know how highly I regard Phil's advice and
> info, but were just looking for something to snipe at Brandy with.
> I guess I missed it in other threads, but this thread it's
> obvious: you don't like Brandy (or else you do, big time, and this
> is your mating call).

Thanks, Juls, but it's fruitless. I also starting finding some use in
Phil's information until I found out, by his refusing to answer
questions, that he had no education in veterinary science. Plus,
seeing the way he treats be, and the vile language and innuendo he
uses, I find it hard to put any faith in him at all. Even if I had
only been an observer of the coarse and vulgar attacks, I wouldn't how
right or wrong he was, I just wouldn't take him seriously as he is
obviously disturbed in some way.

LOL! on the "mating call." ;) I've experienced worse but non so
amusing. Just after I posted to you about her doing fine, she had
another brief asthma episode. I started thinking about what Phil had
to say, but discounted it as a ranting. He rantes at me for attention,
his "information" can be just as faulty as just another rant for
attention.

--
Brandy**AlexandreŽ
http://www.swydm.com/?refer=BrandyAlx

Kitkat
October 12th 05, 04:38 AM
Brian Beuchaw wrote:
> Joe Canuck > wrote:
>
>>Really? Am I alone in *never* being annoyed by my pets?
>

> I'd guess you're in the .0001% of pet-owners that are *never* annoyed by
> your pets.
>

>>Isn't life far too short to spend even a tiny portion of it annoyed?
>>
>>I think so.
>

> OK, I want lessons from you on how to spend my entire life never getting
> annoyed by anything, 'cos you must be a Zen master of the highest order,
> Buddha, on some *amazing* drugs, or something else because life just ain't
> like that for about 99.9999% of the population.
>
> Our cats annoy us on an almost daily basis, and I'd venture to say that
> nobody else that reads this newsgroup has *never* been annoyed by their
> pets.
>
> brian

Dudley annoys me all the time and anyone who has been reading about him
over the past year knows how much I adore him.
:)

I think the annoyance makes me love him more.
LOL
pam

Kitkat
October 12th 05, 04:41 AM
Joe Canuck wrote:

> Our emotions are choices. No one forces an emotion on anyone else. One
> makes a choice to be in a certain mood.

I don't really agree with that. Sure, no one forces an emotion on anyone
else. But by the same token, we can NOT always help how we feel. For
example, it was REALLY hard for me to NOT feel scared, sad, angry,
annoyed and depressed when I was diagnosed with thyroid cancer at age
32. Fortunately for me, it is curable, but do you see my point?

Pam

cybercat
October 12th 05, 04:45 AM
"Joe Canuck" > wrote in message
> cybercat wrote:

> >>Your perceptions be wrong.
> >>

> > Feel a little like you're twisting in the wind, Joe old boy?
> >
> > :)
> >

> The "old boy" comment really bites. I just celebrated 50. :)

Happy belated birfday, old boy. :)

I for one like old boys, for what that is worth.

cybercat
October 12th 05, 04:50 AM
"Kitkat" > wrote in message
. ..
> Brian Beuchaw wrote:
> > Joe Canuck > wrote:
> >
> >>Really? Am I alone in *never* being annoyed by my pets?
> >

> > I'd guess you're in the .0001% of pet-owners that are *never* annoyed by
> > your pets.
> >

> >>Isn't life far too short to spend even a tiny portion of it annoyed?
> >>
> >>I think so.
> >

> > OK, I want lessons from you on how to spend my entire life never getting
> > annoyed by anything, 'cos you must be a Zen master of the highest order,
> > Buddha, on some *amazing* drugs, or something else because life just
ain't
> > like that for about 99.9999% of the population.
> >
> > Our cats annoy us on an almost daily basis, and I'd venture to say that
> > nobody else that reads this newsgroup has *never* been annoyed by their
> > pets.
> >
> > brian
>
> Dudley annoys me all the time and anyone who has been reading about him
> over the past year knows how much I adore him.
> :)
>
> I think the annoyance makes me love him more.
> LOL
> pam

I think Joe has never gotten over the fact that Brandy declawed Kami
and has never expressed any regret over it.

I think maybe he suspects that she may not love cats the way some people
do, and that they might therefore annoy her more than others.

I also take his point about choosing how you will feel, when you CAN.

Sometimes you can, sometimes you can't.

I think it is fair to say that hose of us who are true weenies for cats tend
not to get very annoyed at times when those who like them less might.

For example, butt prints on my white linen chair seats just made me
wonder, "Hmm, I wonder which butt made that?"

cybercat
October 12th 05, 04:51 AM
"Brandy Alexandre" > wrote in message
> cybercat > wrote in rec.pets.cats.health+behav:

> >> The only person I see having a conniption fit here is yourself.
> >> I believe you are engaging in what is known as projection.
> >
> > Do elaborate, Doctor.
> >
> > What I like is how Brandy summoned all her nerve and declared that
> > she does not agree that cats who are declawed should be allowed
> > to roam outside.
> >

> Thanks. You'll also note that I acknowledged a cat who appeared to
> survive outside as a declaw by climbing a tree. But I still would
> never personally take the risk.
>
> --

LMAO!!

high five, Joe ... ;)

Paul M. Cook
October 12th 05, 05:56 AM
"cybercat" > wrote in message

> "Paul M. Cook" > wrote :
> > > >

> > > I don't think cats practise being annoying, they just exist and go
about
> > > their kitty business.
> > >
> > > Our emotions are choices. No one forces an emotion on anyone else. One
> > > makes a choice to be in a certain mood.
> > >

> > The only person I see having a conniption fit here is yourself. I
believe
> > you are engaging in what is known as projection.
>
> Do elaborate, Doctor.

How does the saying go? I don't have to be an ichtyologist to know a fish
stinks.

Paul

Paul M. Cook
October 12th 05, 05:59 AM
"cybercat" > wrote in message

> "Kitkat" > wrote in message
> . ..
> > Brian Beuchaw wrote:

> > > I'd guess you're in the .0001% of pet-owners that are *never* annoyed
by
> > > your pets.

> > > OK, I want lessons from you on how to spend my entire life never
getting
> > > annoyed by anything, 'cos you must be a Zen master of the highest
order,
> > > Buddha, on some *amazing* drugs, or something else because life just
> ain't
> > > like that for about 99.9999% of the population.
> > >
> > > Our cats annoy us on an almost daily basis, and I'd venture to say
that
> > > nobody else that reads this newsgroup has *never* been annoyed by
their
> > > pets.
> > >
> > > brian
> >
> > Dudley annoys me all the time and anyone who has been reading about him
> > over the past year knows how much I adore him.
> > :)
> >
> > I think the annoyance makes me love him more.
> > LOL
> > pam
>
> I think Joe has never gotten over the fact that Brandy declawed Kami
> and has never expressed any regret over it.
>
> I think maybe he suspects that she may not love cats the way some people
> do, and that they might therefore annoy her more than others.
>
> I also take his point about choosing how you will feel, when you CAN.
>
> Sometimes you can, sometimes you can't.
>
> I think it is fair to say that hose of us who are true weenies for cats
tend
> not to get very annoyed at times when those who like them less might.
>
> For example, butt prints on my white linen chair seats just made me
> wonder, "Hmm, I wonder which butt made that?"

OK, good then. But the point was made that for somebody who claims to be
above things like feeling annoyed, he sure comes across as a pretty annoyed
person. Worth pointing out, yes?

Paul

cybercat
October 12th 05, 06:10 AM
"Paul M. Cook" > wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> > I think it is fair to say that hose of us who are true weenies for cats
> tend
> > not to get very annoyed at times when those who like them less might.
> >
> > For example, butt prints on my white linen chair seats just made me
> > wonder, "Hmm, I wonder which butt made that?"
> >

> OK, good then. But the point was made that for somebody who claims to be
> above things like feeling annoyed, he sure comes across as a pretty
annoyed
> person. Worth pointing out, yes?

Joe's original statement was that he does not get annoyed at his CATS. That
is a very different thing.

cybercat
October 12th 05, 06:12 AM
"Nomen Nescio" ]> wrote in message

> From: Joe Canuck >
>
> >The "old boy" comment really bites. I just celebrated 50. :)
>
> Did you really "CELEBRATE"? :)

I want to add that I use "old boy" in the way the English do--meaning
"you scoundrel," or " my dastardly friend" or something similar. Same with
"old man."

Paul M. Cook
October 12th 05, 06:17 AM
"cybercat" > wrote in message

> "Paul M. Cook" > wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> >
> > > I think it is fair to say that hose of us who are true weenies for
cats
> > tend
> > > not to get very annoyed at times when those who like them less might.
> > >
> > > For example, butt prints on my white linen chair seats just made me
> > > wonder, "Hmm, I wonder which butt made that?"
> > >

> > OK, good then. But the point was made that for somebody who claims to
be
> > above things like feeling annoyed, he sure comes across as a pretty
> annoyed
> > person. Worth pointing out, yes?
> >

> Joe's original statement was that he does not get annoyed at his CATS.
That
> is a very different thing.

I'd like to hear their opinion.

Paul

cybercat
October 12th 05, 06:23 AM
"Paul M. Cook" > wrote in

> > Joe's original statement was that he does not get annoyed at his CATS.
> That is a very different thing.
>

> I'd like to hear their opinion.

Heh. Me too.

Phil P.
October 12th 05, 08:22 AM
"Brandy Alexandre" > wrote in message
> Juls > wrote in rec.pets.cats.health+behav:
>
> > I did, very heavily, and Phil was a great source of help on
> > choosing foods, and other aspects of CRF. I was just starting to
> > really delve into the education.
> >
> > But Brandy and Kami are going through CRF right now, and I know
> > she's dealing with sub-q and other CRF issues *right now*. I
> > thought we'd be dealing with very similar issues, kind of
> > traveling the same road, same time.
> >
> > But before Dmitri's CRF (very early stage, had just been diagnosed
> > and his numbers were fairly low) progressed to the stage of
> > needing sub-q or anything but a diet change, he passed away in his
> > sleep.
> >
> > I suspect you already know how highly I regard Phil's advice and
> > info, but were just looking for something to snipe at Brandy with.
> > I guess I missed it in other threads, but this thread it's
> > obvious: you don't like Brandy (or else you do, big time, and this
> > is your mating call).
> >

> Thanks, Juls, but it's fruitless. I also starting finding some use in
> Phil's information until I found out, by his refusing to answer
> questions, that he had no education in veterinary science.

You're a sleazy liar! And everyone knows it. I've made it *abundantly*
clear *for years* that I've never had formal veterinary training. I
obviously know more about some things than your vet-- that is if you weren't
lying-

Plus,
> seeing the way he treats be, and the vile language and innuendo he
> uses, I find it hard to put any faith in him at all. Even if I had
> only been an observer of the coarse and vulgar attacks,

That's really funny coming from a cocaine whore who made a living with your
ass to feed your nose!

I wouldn't how
> right or wrong he was, I just wouldn't take him seriously as he is
> obviously disturbed in some way.

Yeah, sleazy low-life's like you who maim and abuse cats sure do disturb me.

> LOL! on the "mating call." ;) I've experienced worse but non so
> amusing. Just after I posted to you about her doing fine, she had
> another brief asthma episode. I started thinking about what Phil had
> to say, but discounted it as a ranting.

Yeah- sleaze- inhalation therapy for asthmatic cats sure is "ranting"-
ignorant slut. I think all that cocaine you snorted up your nose for all
those years burned out most of your brain cells.

>He rantes at me for attention,

No, I "rant"- actually, *flame* you because you're a lazy, selfish,
self-centered sleazy low-life who maimed your cat for a problem you created
and encouraged. You not only maimed your cat, you turned her into a
nervous wreak. You probably threw temper tantrums if she scratched you the
day before you were filming your gaping asshole.

> his "information" can be just as faulty as just another rant for
> attention.

Wow! You're even more sleazy and ignorant than I thought- not that I think
that's even possible. Your massive ego is bruised because I made you look
like the idiot that you are for not knowing about inhalation therapy and
inhalers for your asthmatic cat. If they made cocaine inhalers for cat- I'd
bet you'd know all about them.

Joe Canuck
October 12th 05, 12:23 PM
Brandy Alexandre wrote:

> Juls > wrote in rec.pets.cats.health+behav:
>

>>I did, very heavily, and Phil was a great source of help on
>>choosing foods, and other aspects of CRF. I was just starting to
>>really delve into the education.
>>
>>But Brandy and Kami are going through CRF right now, and I know
>>she's dealing with sub-q and other CRF issues *right now*. I
>>thought we'd be dealing with very similar issues, kind of
>>traveling the same road, same time.
>>
>>But before Dmitri's CRF (very early stage, had just been diagnosed
>>and his numbers were fairly low) progressed to the stage of
>>needing sub-q or anything but a diet change, he passed away in his
>>sleep.
>>
>>I suspect you already know how highly I regard Phil's advice and
>>info, but were just looking for something to snipe at Brandy with.
>>I guess I missed it in other threads, but this thread it's
>>obvious: you don't like Brandy (or else you do, big time, and this
>>is your mating call).
>>

> Thanks, Juls, but it's fruitless. I also starting finding some use in
> Phil's information until I found out, by his refusing to answer
> questions, that he had no education in veterinary science. Plus,
> seeing the way he treats be, and the vile language and innuendo he
> uses, I find it hard to put any faith in him at all. Even if I had
> only been an observer of the coarse and vulgar attacks, I wouldn't how
> right or wrong he was, I just wouldn't take him seriously as he is
> obviously disturbed in some way.
>
> LOL! on the "mating call." ;) I've experienced worse but non so
> amusing. Just after I posted to you about her doing fine, she had
> another brief asthma episode. I started thinking about what Phil had
> to say, but discounted it as a ranting. He rantes at me for attention,
> his "information" can be just as faulty as just another rant for
> attention.

Just some of the skinny on you, complete with evidence:

http://www.killfile.org/dungeon/why/brandy.html

Long reading, but highly amusing.

You get treated in the manner you deserve. I have to laugh when you, of
all people, use words like "vile", "innuedo", "coarse", "vulgar", etc.

Joe Canuck
October 12th 05, 12:27 PM
cybercat wrote:

> "Paul M. Cook" > wrote :
>
>>>I don't think cats practise being annoying, they just exist and go about
>>>their kitty business.
>>>
>>>Our emotions are choices. No one forces an emotion on anyone else. One
>>>makes a choice to be in a certain mood.
>>>

>>The only person I see having a conniption fit here is yourself. I believe
>>you are engaging in what is known as projection.
>

> Do elaborate, Doctor.
>
> What I like is how Brandy summoned all her nerve and declared that
> she does not agree that cats who are declawed should be allowed
> to roam outside.

Cats should not be declawed in the first place. Brandy doesn't have
quite enough nerve to suggest that yet. :)

I prefer to deal with the root issue, in this case declawing, rather
than dealing with the aftermath.

5cats
October 12th 05, 01:08 PM
Brandy**Alexandre wrote:

> Just after I posted to you about her doing fine, she had
> another brief asthma episode. I started thinking about what Phil had
> to say, but discounted it as a ranting.

Ignore Phil if you want, but he wasn't the only person to post about
inhalent therapy for asmatic cats. Check http://www.fritzthebrave.com/

And before you dismiss it as something your cat wouldn't put up with,
actually try it. Cats can often be very surprising in what they will put up
with.

Phil P.
October 12th 05, 01:50 PM
"5cats" > wrote in message
> Brandy Alexandre wrote:
>
> > Just after I posted to you about her doing fine, she had
> > another brief asthma episode. I started thinking about what Phil had
> > to say, but discounted it as a ranting.
>
> Ignore Phil if you want, but he wasn't the only person to post about
> inhalent therapy for asmatic cats. Check http://www.fritzthebrave.com/

and:

http://www.vin.com/VINDBPub/SearchPB/Proceedings/PR05000/PR00200.htm

The point of the matter is- with all the time she spends playing on the
internet she doesn't have time to Google "asthma+cats" to help her cat. She
would have learned about inhalation therapy for cats in 2 seconds. That's
why all her phony 'loving cat owner stories' are nauseating.

> And before you dismiss it as something your cat wouldn't put up with,
> actually try it. Cats can often be very surprising in what they will put
up
> with.

She turned her cat into a nervous wreak- that's why she doesn't think her
cat will tolerate inhalation therapy.

cybercat
October 12th 05, 02:48 PM
"Phil P." > wrote :

.. I've made it *abundantly*
> clear *for years* that I've never had formal veterinary training. I
> obviously know more about some things than your vet-- that is if you
weren't
> lying-

Quite true. And yet you have taught me and my vets a thing or two about
several conditions. And for sure I know of some vets that have done much
more harm to cats than Phil ever has or ever will. So, although in most
cases
I would certainly err toward going with the advice from a vet over the
average
newsgroup poster, this is not true in Phil's case. In fact if I had listened
to my
vet and not Phil my hyperthyroid cat might be in very bad shape now instead
of happy and healthy.

cybercat
October 12th 05, 02:55 PM
"Joe Canuck" > wrote in message
> cybercat wrote:

> >>The only person I see having a conniption fit here is yourself. I
believe
> >>you are engaging in what is known as projection.
> >

> > Do elaborate, Doctor.
> >
> > What I like is how Brandy summoned all her nerve and declared that
> > she does not agree that cats who are declawed should be allowed
> > to roam outside.
> >

> Cats should not be declawed in the first place. Brandy doesn't have
> quite enough nerve to suggest that yet. :)

You appear to have gotten the point that only Brandy could miss.
When she came out with her "courageous statement" I would have
laughed at how asinine she is, but it is just not funny for anyone who
has a cat to be this wrong-headed.

> I prefer to deal with the root issue, in this case declawing, rather
> than dealing with the aftermath.

Makes sense to me. Why anyone who would declaw an animal and
never--even years later--express any regret--would want to frequent
a group where most people actually love and would not harm their
cats for their convenience is beyond me.

But you know, for pleasantry's sake we are supposed to just
get OVER this already. The statute of limitation on the crime, for
some, has been reached. Bleah.

Lesley
October 12th 05, 03:12 PM

> Cats know. They did one study was it where the cats knew when an owner
> was coming home, even if on a varible shift! Did not need a telephone
> call. This was in UK as I recall. When the cat would get up from
> slumbering, the guy would show in around 20 minutes.

Dave tells me that Sarrasine gets up and goes to the door 5 minutes
before I come in she'll be sound asleep but 5 minutes before I come
through that door, she goes to it- Don't ask me how she does it

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Lesley
October 12th 05, 03:12 PM

> Cats know. They did one study was it where the cats knew when an owner
> was coming home, even if on a varible shift! Did not need a telephone
> call. This was in UK as I recall. When the cat would get up from
> slumbering, the guy would show in around 20 minutes.

Dave tells me that Sarrasine gets up and goes to the door 5 minutes
before I come in she'll be sound asleep but 5 minutes before I come
through that door, she goes to it- Don't ask me how she does it

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

cybercat
October 12th 05, 03:19 PM
"Lesley" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> > Cats know. They did one study was it where the cats knew when an owner
> > was coming home, even if on a varible shift! Did not need a telephone
> > call. This was in UK as I recall. When the cat would get up from
> > slumbering, the guy would show in around 20 minutes.
> >

> Dave tells me that Sarrasine gets up and goes to the door 5 minutes
> before I come in she'll be sound asleep but 5 minutes before I come
> through that door, she goes to it- Don't ask me how she does it

If they can tell time how come my kitties beg for food every time I
go to the kitchen even though they know they get fed every 12 hours?
;)

cybercat
October 12th 05, 03:58 PM
"Brandy Alexandre" > wrote in message
> cybercat > wrote in rec.pets.cats.health+behav:
>

> > But you know, for pleasantry's sake we are supposed to just
> > get OVER this already. The statute of limitation on the crime, for
> > some, has been reached. Bleah.
> >

> Usenet trolls do not observe statutes of limitation. You should have
> noticed that by now. When they cannot come up with anything else yet
> still have the compulsion to flame, they dig down deep and pull out
> stuff decades old and try to put new spin on it. Like Phil's belief
> that I ever did cocaine as part of my former career. Not only is that
> career LONG over with, I never did the drug before, during or after.

I'm sorry, but what does this have to do with the fact that you declawed
your cat and have never even had any remorse over it?

> Whatever. It's pathetic.

It is indeed. As pathetic as the hackneyed habit of calling anyone who
disagrees with you a "troll." I don't think any part of your past really
matters to Phil or Joe, except the part where you declawed your
cat for your own convenience. It bothers me too--and I also declawed
a cat--but at least I expressed regret once I realized what I had done.
You have no regrets and have said so over and over again. Are you
surprised that his bothers people who really like cats?

cybercat
October 12th 05, 05:32 PM
"Brandy Alexandre" > wrote in message
> cybercat > wrote in rec.pets.cats.health+behav:
>
> > It is indeed. As pathetic as the hackneyed habit of calling anyone
> > who disagrees with you a "troll." I don't think any part of your
> > past really matters to Phil or Joe, except the part where you
> > declawed your cat for your own convenience. It bothers me too--and
> > I also declawed a cat--but at least I expressed regret once I
> > realized what I had done. You have no regrets and have said so
> > over and over again. Are you surprised that his bothers people who
> > really like cats?
>
> If they didn't think it mattered they wouldn't repeatedly make it part
> of their arguments as if it somehow gave them more validation.
>
> I've said all I'm going to say about Kami's declawing and if you didn't
> follow and want to believe whatever the flamers say, be my guest.

So the fact is, you have no regrets and would do it again. And there
lies the problem some of us have with you.

The
> mature and level-headed people of this newsgroup are longer past it.

Perhaps. But Kami is not past it, and the fact is, you would do it again.

Phil P.
October 12th 05, 07:14 PM
"Brandy Alexandre" > wrote in message
> cybercat > wrote in rec.pets.cats.health+behav:
>
> > It is indeed. As pathetic as the hackneyed habit of calling anyone
> > who disagrees with you a "troll." I don't think any part of your
> > past really matters to Phil or Joe, except the part where you
> > declawed your cat for your own convenience. It bothers me too--and
> > I also declawed a cat--but at least I expressed regret once I
> > realized what I had done. You have no regrets and have said so
> > over and over again. Are you surprised that his bothers people who
> > really like cats?
>
> If they didn't think it mattered they wouldn't repeatedly make it part
> of their arguments as if it somehow gave them more validation.

Declawing your cat and your 'career' were interrelated- that's why I mention
your 'career'. You said you declawed your cat because the director or
producer or makeup artist- I forgot which- complained about scratches and
bite marks on your body. You also said you declawed your cat because she is
biter- a behavior that you encouraged. Only a moron would think declawing
cures biting. Declawing only exacerbates the biting behavior- as you
quickly learned at the cost of your cat's flesh, blood and bones.

Besides- what are you complaining about? I've probably helped you sell a few
more videos by bringing up your career. I'm sure some people would like to
see the asshole (literally) behind the name.

> I've said all I'm going to say about Kami's declawing

That's the problem- you didn't say enough. You expressed no remorse or
guilt. In
fact I think you said something along the lines of 'she gets to live or keep
her home' - not sure which- maybe both- and you get to keep your skin.

The
> mature and level-headed people of this newsgroup are longer past it.

Because other people don't flame you for your selfish, abusive and cruel
treatment of your cat doesn't mean they're long past it. Many people
probably feel its useless to flame you because you're morally bankrupt and
you would actually enjoy the attention.

Phil P.
October 12th 05, 07:57 PM
"cybercat" > wrote in message

> "Phil P." > wrote :
>
> . I've made it *abundantly*
> > clear *for years* that I've never had formal veterinary training. I
> > obviously know more about some things than your vet-- that is if you
> weren't
> > lying-
> >

> Quite true. And yet you have taught me and my vets a thing or two about
> several conditions.

Unfortunately, many vets don't know much more than they knew when they
graduated vet school - other than that which they 'learn' from pet food and
drug company representatives. Most vets are also notoriously cheap and
won't spend a few hundred bucks a year on veterinary journal subscriptions
and/or don't want to infringe on their off-hours free time to read them to
stay current with new treatments and discoveries.

And for sure I know of some vets that have done much
> more harm to cats than Phil ever has or ever will.

I'm not sure how you mean that. ;-) But I'll take it as a compliment.

So, although in most
> cases
> I would certainly err toward going with the advice from a vet over the
> average
> newsgroup poster, this is not true in Phil's case. In fact if I had
listened
> to my
> vet and not Phil my hyperthyroid cat might be in very bad shape now
instead
> of happy and healthy.

That's nice to hear. I'm happy that your cat is doing well. Thanks for
letting me know.

Phil

Joe Canuck
October 12th 05, 08:38 PM
Brandy Alexandre wrote:

> cybercat > wrote in rec.pets.cats.health+behav:
>

>>It is indeed. As pathetic as the hackneyed habit of calling anyone
>>who disagrees with you a "troll." I don't think any part of your
>>past really matters to Phil or Joe, except the part where you
>>declawed your cat for your own convenience. It bothers me too--and
>>I also declawed a cat--but at least I expressed regret once I
>>realized what I had done. You have no regrets and have said so
>>over and over again. Are you surprised that his bothers people who
>>really like cats?
>

> If they didn't think it mattered they wouldn't repeatedly make it part
> of their arguments as if it somehow gave them more validation.
>
> I've said all I'm going to say about Kami's declawing and if you didn't
> follow and want to believe whatever the flamers say, be my guest. The
> mature and level-headed people of this newsgroup are longer past it.

It would be very mature and level-headed of you if you could get past
the fact that not everyone is going to like you.

You protest a little too much when that happens.

Joe Canuck
October 12th 05, 08:43 PM
Brandy Alexandre wrote:

> that I ever did cocaine as part of my former career. Not only is that
> career LONG over with, I never did the drug before, during or after.

Now that is something else that just doesn't ring true with me, you
claiming that your "career" is "LONG" over.

If it is, and you just want to get about with your business, why do you
persist in using your trademarked "stage" name on Usenet?

Wouldn't it be so much easier to use some other screen name and just get
one with your life?

I really think you are stuck in the past, and struck on yourself and the
dubious "celebrity" you may have once enjoyed.

Paul M. Cook
October 12th 05, 10:12 PM
"Joe Canuck" > wrote in message
> Brandy Alexandre wrote:
>
> > Juls > wrote in rec.pets.cats.health+behav:
> >

> >>I did, very heavily, and Phil was a great source of help on
> >>choosing foods, and other aspects of CRF. I was just starting to
> >>really delve into the education.
> >>
> >>But Brandy and Kami are going through CRF right now, and I know
> >>she's dealing with sub-q and other CRF issues *right now*. I
> >>thought we'd be dealing with very similar issues, kind of
> >>traveling the same road, same time.
> >>
> >>But before Dmitri's CRF (very early stage, had just been diagnosed
> >>and his numbers were fairly low) progressed to the stage of
> >>needing sub-q or anything but a diet change, he passed away in his
> >>sleep.
> >>
> >>I suspect you already know how highly I regard Phil's advice and
> >>info, but were just looking for something to snipe at Brandy with.
> >>I guess I missed it in other threads, but this thread it's
> >>obvious: you don't like Brandy (or else you do, big time, and this
> >>is your mating call).
> >>

> > Thanks, Juls, but it's fruitless. I also starting finding some use in
> > Phil's information until I found out, by his refusing to answer
> > questions, that he had no education in veterinary science. Plus,
> > seeing the way he treats be, and the vile language and innuendo he
> > uses, I find it hard to put any faith in him at all. Even if I had
> > only been an observer of the coarse and vulgar attacks, I wouldn't how
> > right or wrong he was, I just wouldn't take him seriously as he is
> > obviously disturbed in some way.
> >
> > LOL! on the "mating call." ;) I've experienced worse but non so
> > amusing. Just after I posted to you about her doing fine, she had
> > another brief asthma episode. I started thinking about what Phil had
> > to say, but discounted it as a ranting. He rantes at me for attention,

> > his "information" can be just as faulty as just another rant for
> > attention.
> >

> Just some of the skinny on you, complete with evidence:
>
> http://www.killfile.org/dungeon/why/brandy.html
>
> Long reading, but highly amusing.
>
> You get treated in the manner you deserve. I have to laugh when you, of
> all people, use words like "vile", "innuedo", "coarse", "vulgar", etc.

Boy I'm sure glad nobody has guns on newsgroups. If being a PITA was a
crime, I'd be on death row. Hardly the crime of the century, Joe. And
there is always 2 sides to every story. Not that I'm taking any, but we
aren't dealing with PE #1 here and these newsgroups squabbles should be kept
in perspective. It is simply not fair to inject any criticism of a persons
past life in these discussions. It is irrelevant and immaterial.

Paul

Joe Canuck
October 12th 05, 10:27 PM
Paul M. Cook wrote:

> "Joe Canuck" > wrote in message
>
>>Brandy Alexandre wrote:

>>>Thanks, Juls, but it's fruitless. I also starting finding some use in
>>>Phil's information until I found out, by his refusing to answer
>>>questions, that he had no education in veterinary science. Plus,
>>>seeing the way he treats be, and the vile language and innuendo he
>>>uses, I find it hard to put any faith in him at all. Even if I had
>>>only been an observer of the coarse and vulgar attacks, I wouldn't how
>>>right or wrong he was, I just wouldn't take him seriously as he is
>>>obviously disturbed in some way.
>>>
>>>LOL! on the "mating call." ;) I've experienced worse but non so
>>>amusing. Just after I posted to you about her doing fine, she had
>>>another brief asthma episode. I started thinking about what Phil had
>>>to say, but discounted it as a ranting. He rantes at me for attention,
>

>>>his "information" can be just as faulty as just another rant for
>>>attention.
>>>

>>Just some of the skinny on you, complete with evidence:
>>
>>http://www.killfile.org/dungeon/why/brandy.html
>>
>>Long reading, but highly amusing.
>>
>>You get treated in the manner you deserve. I have to laugh when you, of
>>all people, use words like "vile", "innuedo", "coarse", "vulgar", etc.
>

> Boy I'm sure glad nobody has guns on newsgroups. If being a PITA was a
> crime, I'd be on death row. Hardly the crime of the century, Joe. And
> there is always 2 sides to every story. Not that I'm taking any, but we
> aren't dealing with PE #1 here and these newsgroups squabbles should be kept
> in perspective. It is simply not fair to inject any criticism of a persons
> past life in these discussions. It is irrelevant and immaterial.
>
> Paul

I have to laugh because she was (and still is) in the porno business,
and now is trying to come across as a Victorian lady with her
description of Phil's comments about her. I'm having a good old belly
laugh over that one.

Unfortunately, the choices one makes in their past does tend to follow
them around.

Brandy  Alexandre
October 12th 05, 10:38 PM
Paul M. Cook > wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav:

> "Joe Canuck" > wrote in message

>> Just some of the skinny on you, complete with evidence:
>>
>> http://www.killfile.org/dungeon/why/brandy.html
>>
>> Long reading, but highly amusing.
>>
>> You get treated in the manner you deserve. I have to laugh when
>> you, of all people, use words like "vile", "innuedo", "coarse",
>> "vulgar", etc.
>

> Boy I'm sure glad nobody has guns on newsgroups. If being a PITA
> was a crime, I'd be on death row. Hardly the crime of the
> century, Joe. And there is always 2 sides to every story. Not
> that I'm taking any, but we aren't dealing with PE #1 here and
> these newsgroups squabbles should be kept in perspective. It is
> simply not fair to inject any criticism of a persons past life in
> these discussions. It is irrelevant and immaterial.
>
> Paul

Good lord, is he trotting that thing out again? How long has it
been? 10 years? And what's this b.s. I heard about my declawing
Kami because of scratches and a make-up artist. That's patently
false and straight from someone's butt. LOL! As I've said, I've
said all I'm going to about this issue. Anyone who wants to know
the truth can go obsess on it in Google for a while. Let the
trolling, flaming, and OCD continue. All I was noting in this
thread was that strays seem to know to come to my door. We all know
cats; if I was as horrible as a few people in this group try so
desperately to make people believe, those cats wouldn't come running
to see me when we've never even met, much less hang out on my
doorstep and patio wanting scritches.

--
Brandy**AlexandreŽ
http://www.swydm.com/?refer=BrandyAlx
Well, would you?

Paul M. Cook
October 12th 05, 11:14 PM
"Joe Canuck" > wrote in message
> Paul M. Cook wrote:

> >>Just some of the skinny on you, complete with evidence:
> >>
> >>http://www.killfile.org/dungeon/why/brandy.html
> >>
> >>Long reading, but highly amusing.
> >>
> >>You get treated in the manner you deserve. I have to laugh when you, of
> >>all people, use words like "vile", "innuedo", "coarse", "vulgar", etc.
> >

> > Boy I'm sure glad nobody has guns on newsgroups. If being a PITA was a
> > crime, I'd be on death row. Hardly the crime of the century, Joe. And
> > there is always 2 sides to every story. Not that I'm taking any, but we
> > aren't dealing with PE #1 here and these newsgroups squabbles should be
kept
> > in perspective. It is simply not fair to inject any criticism of a
persons
> > past life in these discussions. It is irrelevant and immaterial.
> >
> > Paul
> >

> I have to laugh because she was (and still is) in the porno business,
> and now is trying to come across as a Victorian lady with her
> description of Phil's comments about her. I'm having a good old belly
> laugh over that one.
>
> Unfortunately, the choices one makes in their past does tend to follow
> them around.

I can't say what being in the "business" would be like. My guess is it is
filled with a lot of greedy people who have little compunction about
exploiting others for quick money. Just a guess. As far as I know, Brandy
hasn't hurt anyone, broken any laws, ruined any lives or done anything more
dubious than what is purely a subjective standard of morality. What it has
to do with cats is beyond me. To bring in her past career is judging her
and in this case a judgement of a completely irrelevant issue.

It's one thing to have your past follow you and quite another to have it
pushed behind you. I know you'd probably prefer it if she and people like
her crawled under a rock and hid in the shadows in shame and that is what I
think this is about. Well she's chosen not to and that is her right. You;d
love it I'm sure if she was ashamed and asked for "forgiveness" from her
"betters" but as a famous rabbi once said "let he who is without sin cast
the first stone."

Paul

Joe Canuck
October 12th 05, 11:48 PM
Brandy Alexandre wrote:

> And what's this b.s. I heard about my declawing
> Kami because of scratches and a make-up artist. That's patently
> false and straight from someone's butt. LOL!

Really?

Here is some supporting evidence from the archives:

>>From: "Brandy AlexandreŽ"
>>Funny you mention kamikaze... that's how Kami, aka The Kamikaze Feline,
>>got her name. (See picture at http://kamikaze.org/kami1.jpg). The
>>biggest benefit to declawing in most cases is that otherwise a cat
>>would be dumped out on the street or at a shelter. It was not for
>>concern of my belongings, but my own skin that prompted the surgery,
>>and while the attacks have not abated, the damage has.

Note the line: "It was not for concern of my belongings, but my own skin
that prompted surgery"

With very few exceptions, most of your posts are marked to not be
archived... for good reason. :)

Also, you have such loving and caring subject lines to many of the
threads you originate in this group. A small random sampling provided
below:

"Subject: Neighbor's Cat Annoying Me"
"Subject: Mini vent: Make her shut up!"
"Subject: ARGH!!! Damn Cat! Just venting..."

You seem to vent and be annoyed a lot where cats are concerned. :)

Joe Canuck
October 12th 05, 11:50 PM
Paul M. Cook wrote:

> "Joe Canuck" > wrote in message
>
>>Paul M. Cook wrote:

>>>Boy I'm sure glad nobody has guns on newsgroups. If being a PITA was a
>>>crime, I'd be on death row. Hardly the crime of the century, Joe. And
>>>there is always 2 sides to every story. Not that I'm taking any, but we
>>>aren't dealing with PE #1 here and these newsgroups squabbles should be
>
> kept
>
>>>in perspective. It is simply not fair to inject any criticism of a
>
> persons
>
>>>past life in these discussions. It is irrelevant and immaterial.
>>>
>>>Paul
>>>

>>I have to laugh because she was (and still is) in the porno business,
>>and now is trying to come across as a Victorian lady with her
>>description of Phil's comments about her. I'm having a good old belly
>>laugh over that one.
>>
>>Unfortunately, the choices one makes in their past does tend to follow
>>them around.
>

> I can't say what being in the "business" would be like. My guess is it is
> filled with a lot of greedy people who have little compunction about
> exploiting others for quick money. Just a guess. As far as I know, Brandy
> hasn't hurt anyone, broken any laws, ruined any lives or done anything more
> dubious than what is purely a subjective standard of morality. What it has
> to do with cats is beyond me. To bring in her past career is judging her
> and in this case a judgement of a completely irrelevant issue.

Very relevant when it comes to the issue of declawing her cat.

> It's one thing to have your past follow you and quite another to have it
> pushed behind you. I know you'd probably prefer it if she and people like
> her crawled under a rock and hid in the shadows in shame and that is what I
> think this is about. Well she's chosen not to and that is her right. You;d
> love it I'm sure if she was ashamed and asked for "forgiveness" from her
> "betters" but as a famous rabbi once said "let he who is without sin cast
> the first stone."
>
> Paul

Phil P.
October 13th 05, 12:06 AM
"Brandy Alexandre" > wrote in message

And what's this b.s. I heard about my declawing
> Kami because of scratches and a make-up artist. That's patently
> false and straight from someone's butt.

You're a sleazy liar. I distinctly remember the post about the complaints
about scratches as a reason for declawing your cat because that was *the*
post that *initially* crystallized my contempt for you.

Btw, now that *you* mentioned the 'make-up artist' rather than anyone I
mentioned, I'm now sure it was indeed the make-up who complained. You
couldn't risk losing your job because you have a very expensive nose to
feed.

As I've said, I've
> said all I'm going to about this issue. Anyone who wants to know
> the truth can go obsess on it in Google for a while.

If your post isn't in Google its because you cancelled it like you cancelled
all your other posts- In fact, you are so famous for canceling your posts
that canceling posts was called "Brandied" or "Brandywined".

Joe Canuck
October 13th 05, 12:35 AM
Brandy Alexandre wrote:

> All I was noting in this
> thread was that strays seem to know to come to my door.

Perhaps in an attempt to save Kami from YOU.

As per your own words, even Kami continued to attack you.

I'd say the troops are gathering on your doorstep. :)

Paul M. Cook
October 13th 05, 12:50 AM
"Joe Canuck" > wrote in message
> Brandy Alexandre wrote:
>
> > All I was noting in this
> > thread was that strays seem to know to come to my door.
>
> Perhaps in an attempt to save Kami from YOU.
>
> As per your own words, even Kami continued to attack you.
>
> I'd say the troops are gathering on your doorstep. :)

Pretty clear you never cared for a terminally ill (old in this case) cat.
If you had you'd know that it isn't fun and anyone who can do it day in and
day out is praiseworthy.

Paul

Joe Canuck
October 13th 05, 03:36 AM
Brandy Alexandre wrote:

> Kitkat > wrote in rec.pets.cats.health+behav:
>

>>Dudley annoys me all the time and anyone who has been reading
>>about him over the past year knows how much I adore him.
>>:)
>>
>>I think the annoyance makes me love him more.
>>LOL
>>pam
>

> LOL! Kami "annoys" me like a kid. You don't hate your kids for it,
> and you don't hate your cats. She wanted to be pet and tapped me on
> the leg. So I stroked her for a few minutes and stopped (I was doing a
> crossword and needed that hand). She tapped again, I petted, tap, pet,
> tap, pet. Then I started ignoring it. Tap... tap... tap... tap...
> bite! Hey! I picked her up and set her on the other side of me with
> the free hand. Kids!

The quote below from the archives displays *exactly* how you feel about
kids:

> Brandy Alexandre May 22 1997, 3:00 am hide options
> Newsgroups: misc.writing
> From: (Brandy Alexandre) - Find messages by this author
> Date: 1997/05/22
> Subject: Re: Kids Are a Trial (but you gotta love 'em)
>
> In article >, "Pat Marcello" > wrote:
>>Pat M. Now I'm a slave to cats. God help me.
>
> My cat seems to get into as much trouble as kids. So she doesn't stick things
> up her nose, but she certainly swallows a lot of stuff that one day will cost
> a pretty penny to remove. Everything, knock wood, has been returned in short
> order.
>
> Per the subject line, I don't gotta do anything I don't want to, and I don't
> like kids. They love me sure enough, but I am EXTREMELY impatient with the
> buggers. I can't listen with rapt attention while they stutter over finding
> the proper words. Amazing sights to are child simply are not, and for the
> zillionth time I don't want to "looky here." Pedobabble is quite annoying but
> if you ignore them you are subject to the tireless repetition of "mommy.
> mommy. mommy. mommy. mommy. mommy" until you want to backhand it into the
> closet and make the door stick for an hour and a half.
>
> No, you don't gotta love kids. You don't! Maybe the slaves to the little
> rats have been brainwashed enough by the Mr. Bubble and PB&J, but not for me
> -- no thanks. The man I marry will have had his own. If I'm lucky it would
> be at least ten years before our introduction, and even then I can't be sure
> I'll be safe.
>
> Brandy Alexandre
> http://kamikaze.org
> ***
> To e-mail remove the "xxx" from my address and add "org".
> Sorry for the inconvenience. Write to the spammers ISP
> and complain. It is to reduce spam.
> ***

Archive URL for the above:

http://groups.google.ca/group/misc.writing/msg/2e8332bf7f03f63e?hl=en&

I don't imagine you have much patience with cats either... as you have
displayed in this group.

meee
October 13th 05, 04:39 AM
instead of criticizing brandy, why don't you tolerate her as being different
from you, and if you feel her way of doing things is wrong, educate her, but
gently. gentle encouragement in the right direction works way better than
flaming someone, and dragging up past posts to apparently show everyone else
what a bad person she is. Oh My God!! She Hates Children!! Well, she
obviously shouldn't have a cat then. FYI, I as well as many other mothers,
don't like children much either...however we like people, and that's what
children are. Unfortunately if they aren't given the right stimuli,
structure and discipline, as many parents don't these days, they do turn
into horrible demanding little monsters. And you can't blame someone like
brandy for being turned off by people's badly behaved mini-me's. As for
being annoyed by her cat, let he who's without sin cast the first
stone....oh that's right, you're perfect aren't you. well go and start a
little mutual admiration group in the corner with your cat, who obviously
has more patience than the rest of us. constant nit picking makes for
irritated posters, joe. give us all a break.

--
There are many intelligent species in the Universe. They are all owned by
cats.

Anonymous

One cat just leads to another. -Ernest Hemingway

"Joe Canuck" > wrote in message
> Brandy Alexandre wrote:
>
> > Kitkat > wrote in rec.pets.cats.health+behav:
> >

> >>Dudley annoys me all the time and anyone who has been reading
> >>about him over the past year knows how much I adore him.
> >>:)
> >>
> >>I think the annoyance makes me love him more.
> >>LOL
> >>pam
> >

> > LOL! Kami "annoys" me like a kid. You don't hate your kids for it,
> > and you don't hate your cats. She wanted to be pet and tapped me on
> > the leg. So I stroked her for a few minutes and stopped (I was doing a
> > crossword and needed that hand). She tapped again, I petted, tap, pet,
> > tap, pet. Then I started ignoring it. Tap... tap... tap... tap...
> > bite! Hey! I picked her up and set her on the other side of me with
> > the free hand. Kids!
> >

> The quote below from the archives displays *exactly* how you feel about
> kids:
>
> > Brandy Alexandre May 22 1997, 3:00 am hide options
> > Newsgroups: misc.writing
> > From: (Brandy Alexandre) - Find messages by this
author
> > Date: 1997/05/22
> > Subject: Re: Kids Are a Trial (but you gotta love 'em)
Abuse

> > In article >, "Pat Marcello"
> wrote:
> >>Pat M. Now I'm a slave to cats. God help me.
> >
> > My cat seems to get into as much trouble as kids. So she doesn't stick
things
> > up her nose, but she certainly swallows a lot of stuff that one day will
cost
> > a pretty penny to remove. Everything, knock wood, has been returned in
short
> > order.
> >
> > Per the subject line, I don't gotta do anything I don't want to, and I
don't
> > like kids. They love me sure enough, but I am EXTREMELY impatient with
the
> > buggers. I can't listen with rapt attention while they stutter over
finding
> > the proper words. Amazing sights to are child simply are not, and for
the
> > zillionth time I don't want to "looky here." Pedobabble is quite
annoying but
> > if you ignore them you are subject to the tireless repetition of "mommy.
> > mommy. mommy. mommy. mommy. mommy" until you want to backhand it
into the
> > closet and make the door stick for an hour and a half.
> >
> > No, you don't gotta love kids. You don't! Maybe the slaves to the
little
> > rats have been brainwashed enough by the Mr. Bubble and PB&J, but not
for me
> > -- no thanks. The man I marry will have had his own. If I'm lucky it
would
> > be at least ten years before our introduction, and even then I can't be
sure
> > I'll be safe.
> >
> > Brandy Alexandre
> > http://kamikaze.org
> > ***
> > To e-mail remove the "xxx" from my address and add "org".
> > Sorry for the inconvenience. Write to the spammers ISP
> > and complain. It is to reduce spam.
> > ***
>
> Archive URL for the above:
>
> http://groups.google.ca/group/misc.writing/msg/2e8332bf7f03f63e?hl=en&
>
> I don't imagine you have much patience with cats either... as you have
> displayed in this group.

Paul M. Cook
October 13th 05, 05:08 AM
"Joe Canuck" > wrote in message
> Brandy Alexandre wrote:
>
> > Kitkat > wrote in rec.pets.cats.health+behav:
> >

> >>Dudley annoys me all the time and anyone who has been reading
> >>about him over the past year knows how much I adore him.
> >>:)
> >>
> >>I think the annoyance makes me love him more.
> >>LOL
> >>pam
> >

> > LOL! Kami "annoys" me like a kid. You don't hate your kids for it,
> > and you don't hate your cats. She wanted to be pet and tapped me on
> > the leg. So I stroked her for a few minutes and stopped (I was doing a
> > crossword and needed that hand). She tapped again, I petted, tap, pet,
> > tap, pet. Then I started ignoring it. Tap... tap... tap... tap...
> > bite! Hey! I picked her up and set her on the other side of me with
> > the free hand. Kids!
> >

> The quote below from the archives displays *exactly* how you feel about
> kids:
>
> > Brandy Alexandre May 22 1997, 3:00 am hide options
> > Newsgroups: misc.writing
> > From: (Brandy Alexandre) - Find messages by this
author
> > Date: 1997/05/22
> > Subject: Re: Kids Are a Trial (but you gotta love 'em)
Abuse

> > In article >, "Pat Marcello"
> wrote:
> >>Pat M. Now I'm a slave to cats. God help me.
> >
> > My cat seems to get into as much trouble as kids. So she doesn't stick
things
> > up her nose, but she certainly swallows a lot of stuff that one day will
cost
> > a pretty penny to remove. Everything, knock wood, has been returned in
short
> > order.
> >
> > Per the subject line, I don't gotta do anything I don't want to, and I
don't
> > like kids. They love me sure enough, but I am EXTREMELY impatient with
the
> > buggers. I can't listen with rapt attention while they stutter over
finding
> > the proper words. Amazing sights to are child simply are not, and for
the
> > zillionth time I don't want to "looky here." Pedobabble is quite
annoying but
> > if you ignore them you are subject to the tireless repetition of "mommy.
> > mommy. mommy. mommy. mommy. mommy" until you want to backhand it
into the
> > closet and make the door stick for an hour and a half.
> >
> > No, you don't gotta love kids. You don't! Maybe the slaves to the
little
> > rats have been brainwashed enough by the Mr. Bubble and PB&J, but not
for me
> > -- no thanks. The man I marry will have had his own. If I'm lucky it
would
> > be at least ten years before our introduction, and even then I can't be
sure
> > I'll be safe.

So what, Joe. I can never see myself with yard apes either. Does that make
me a bad person?

Paul

Joe Canuck
October 13th 05, 12:28 PM
Paul M. Cook wrote:

> "Joe Canuck" > wrote in message
>
>>Brandy Alexandre wrote:

>>>LOL! Kami "annoys" me like a kid. You don't hate your kids for it,
>>>and you don't hate your cats. She wanted to be pet and tapped me on
>>>the leg. So I stroked her for a few minutes and stopped (I was doing a
>>>crossword and needed that hand). She tapped again, I petted, tap, pet,
>>>tap, pet. Then I started ignoring it. Tap... tap... tap... tap...
>>>bite! Hey! I picked her up and set her on the other side of me with
>>>the free hand. Kids!
>>>

>>The quote below from the archives displays *exactly* how you feel about
>>kids:
>>

>>>Brandy Alexandre May 22 1997, 3:00 am hide options
>>>Newsgroups: misc.writing
>>>From: (Brandy Alexandre) - Find messages by this
>
> author
>
>>>Date: 1997/05/22
>>>Subject: Re: Kids Are a Trial (but you gotta love 'em)
>
> Abuse

>>>My cat seems to get into as much trouble as kids. So she doesn't stick
>
> things
>
>>>up her nose, but she certainly swallows a lot of stuff that one day will
>
> cost
>
>>>a pretty penny to remove. Everything, knock wood, has been returned in
>
> short
>
>>>order.
>>>
>>>Per the subject line, I don't gotta do anything I don't want to, and I
>
> don't
>
>>>like kids. They love me sure enough, but I am EXTREMELY impatient with
>
> the
>
>>>buggers. I can't listen with rapt attention while they stutter over
>
> finding
>
>>>the proper words. Amazing sights to are child simply are not, and for
>
> the
>
>>>zillionth time I don't want to "looky here." Pedobabble is quite
>
> annoying but
>
>>>if you ignore them you are subject to the tireless repetition of "mommy.
>>>mommy. mommy. mommy. mommy. mommy" until you want to backhand it
>
> into the
>
>>>closet and make the door stick for an hour and a half.
>>>
>>>No, you don't gotta love kids. You don't! Maybe the slaves to the
>
> little
>
>>>rats have been brainwashed enough by the Mr. Bubble and PB&J, but not
>
> for me
>
>>>-- no thanks. The man I marry will have had his own. If I'm lucky it
>
> would
>
>>>be at least ten years before our introduction, and even then I can't be
>
> sure
>
>>>I'll be safe.
>

> So what, Joe. I can never see myself with yard apes either. Does that make
> me a bad person?
>
> Paul

Both you and "meee" missed the point. I'll connect the dots for you both:

-Brandy claims that "Kami "annoys" me like a kid.".
-The quoted post shows just *how* annoying she finds kids.

I gather the both of you see nothing wrong with a cat living in such an
environment, one that has already been abused through declawing at the
age of 7 years old... and who knows what else.

Yes, I don't like the side of Brandy I see in here and I will stand by
my convictions.

Get over it. :)

cybercat
October 13th 05, 01:05 PM
"Joe Canuck" > wrote:

> Both you and "meee" missed the point. I'll connect the dots for you both:
>
> -Brandy claims that "Kami "annoys" me like a kid.".
> -The quoted post shows just *how* annoying she finds kids.
>
> I gather the both of you see nothing wrong with a cat living in such an
> environment, one that has already been abused through declawing at the
> age of 7 years old... and who knows what else.
>
> Yes, I don't like the side of Brandy I see in here and I will stand by
> my convictions.
>
> Get over it. :)

Careful, there, Joe. We've seen what happens when someone insists on
advancing bulletproof arguments and their right to the free expression of
their opinions. Harassment by committee by those less intellectually
and expressively endowed. :)

Meanwhile, it has been said that the character of those whom we choose to
defend may be the best measure of our own character.

What do you think, Paul?

You've been around a long time, but sure don't speak up very
often.

Joe Canuck
October 13th 05, 08:53 PM
cybercat wrote:

> "Joe Canuck" > wrote:
>
>>Both you and "meee" missed the point. I'll connect the dots for you both:
>>
>>-Brandy claims that "Kami "annoys" me like a kid.".
>>-The quoted post shows just *how* annoying she finds kids.
>>
>>I gather the both of you see nothing wrong with a cat living in such an
>>environment, one that has already been abused through declawing at the
>>age of 7 years old... and who knows what else.
>>
>>Yes, I don't like the side of Brandy I see in here and I will stand by
>>my convictions.
>>
>>Get over it. :)
>>

> Careful, there, Joe. We've seen what happens when someone insists on
> advancing bulletproof arguments and their right to the free expression of
> their opinions. Harassment by committee by those less intellectually
> and expressively endowed. :)
>
> Meanwhile, it has been said that the character of those whom we choose to
> defend may be the best measure of our own character.
>
> What do you think, Paul?
>
> You've been around a long time, but sure don't speak up very
> often.

Hmm, some tell me I speak up too often and am far too particular. In any
case, I'm fairly occupied as of the last couple of years with my own
transformation... and no, I was not formerly in the porno business. :)

Anyways, enough of this and cluttering up the group.

cybercat
October 13th 05, 09:21 PM
"Joe Canuck" > wrote

> Hmm, some tell me I speak up too often and am far too particular. In any
> case, I'm fairly occupied as of the last couple of years with my own
> transformation... and no, I was not formerly in the porno business. :)

Uh, that comment was directed at Paul, who is defending Brandy:

> > Meanwhile, it has been said that the character of those whom we choose
> > defend may be the best measure of our own character.
> >
> > What do you think, Paul?
> >
> > You've been around a long time, but sure don't speak up very
> > often.

See?

Joe Canuck
October 13th 05, 09:31 PM
cybercat wrote:

> "Joe Canuck" > wrote
>

>>Hmm, some tell me I speak up too often and am far too particular. In any
>>case, I'm fairly occupied as of the last couple of years with my own
>>transformation... and no, I was not formerly in the porno business. :)
>>

> Uh, that comment was directed at Paul, who is defending Brandy:
>

>>>Meanwhile, it has been said that the character of those whom we choose

>>>defend may be the best measure of our own character.
>>>
>>>What do you think, Paul?
>>>
>>>You've been around a long time, but sure don't speak up very
>>>often.
>

> See?

Ok. Aside from Joe, Paul is also one of my real names... so I tend to
take notice when it is mentioned. :)

Paul M. Cook
October 13th 05, 09:51 PM
"Joe Canuck" > wrote in message
> Paul M. Cook wrote:

> >>The quote below from the archives displays *exactly* how you feel about
> >>kids:

> > author

Report

> > Abuse

Marcello"

> > things

> > cost

> > short

> > don't

> > the

> > finding

> > the

> > annoying but

> > into the

> > little

> > for me

> > would

> > sure

> > So what, Joe. I can never see myself with yard apes either. Does that
make
> > me a bad person?
> >
> > Paul
> >

> Both you and "meee" missed the point. I'll connect the dots for you both:
>
> -Brandy claims that "Kami "annoys" me like a kid.".
> -The quoted post shows just *how* annoying she finds kids.

Well I know lots of people who find kids annoying and then to make the
relatives happy or to show off or for whatever selfish reason go and have
them. And the kids suffer terribly for it. Not liking kids does not equate
to wanting to harm kids. Not having them when you know better is not
selfish it is wise.

> I gather the both of you see nothing wrong with a cat living in such an
> environment, one that has already been abused through declawing at the
> age of 7 years old... and who knows what else.

Her cat doesn't sound abused. In fact she seems like your basic pampered
Siamese princess who has her person wrapped around her little finger.

> Yes, I don't like the side of Brandy I see in here and I will stand by
> my convictions.

> Get over it. :)

Nothing to get over. I just find fault in attacks like this and so I point
them out.

Paul

Paul M. Cook
October 13th 05, 09:56 PM
"cybercat" > wrote in message

> "Joe Canuck" > wrote:
> >
> > Both you and "meee" missed the point. I'll connect the dots for you
both:

> > -Brandy claims that "Kami "annoys" me like a kid.".
> > -The quoted post shows just *how* annoying she finds kids.
> >
> > I gather the both of you see nothing wrong with a cat living in such an
> > environment, one that has already been abused through declawing at the
> > age of 7 years old... and who knows what else.
> >
> > Yes, I don't like the side of Brandy I see in here and I will stand by
> > my convictions.
> >
> > Get over it. :)
> >

> Careful, there, Joe. We've seen what happens when someone insists on
> advancing bulletproof arguments and their right to the free expression of
> their opinions. Harassment by committee by those less intellectually
> and expressively endowed. :)
>
> Meanwhile, it has been said that the character of those whom we choose to
> defend may be the best measure of our own character.
>
> What do you think, Paul?

I've never heard that said at all. Quite the reverse actually. I don't
defend people on a newsgourp because I do not know them as people. I defend
a sense of right and wrong. Now here is something you may wish to consider;
be careful in how you judge others because in so doing you reveal your true
nature.

> You've been around a long time, but sure don't speak up very
> often.

True. My cats have been doing quite well. But I do read the group almost
every day.

Paul

Joe Canuck
October 13th 05, 10:30 PM
Paul M. Cook wrote:

> "Joe Canuck" > wrote in message
>
>>Paul M. Cook wrote:

>>>author

> Report
>
>>>Abuse

> Marcello"

>>>things

> will
>
>>>cost

>>>short

>>>don't

>>>the

>>>finding

>>>the

>>>annoying but

> "mommy.

>>>into the

>>>little

>>>for me

>>>would

>>>sure

>>>So what, Joe. I can never see myself with yard apes either. Does that
>
> make
>
>>>me a bad person?
>>>
>>>Paul
>>>

>>Both you and "meee" missed the point. I'll connect the dots for you both:
>>
>>-Brandy claims that "Kami "annoys" me like a kid.".
>>-The quoted post shows just *how* annoying she finds kids.
>

> Well I know lots of people who find kids annoying and then to make the
> relatives happy or to show off or for whatever selfish reason go and have
> them. And the kids suffer terribly for it. Not liking kids does not equate
> to wanting to harm kids. Not having them when you know better is not
> selfish it is wise.
>

>>I gather the both of you see nothing wrong with a cat living in such an
>>environment, one that has already been abused through declawing at the
>>age of 7 years old... and who knows what else.
>

> Her cat doesn't sound abused. In fact she seems like your basic pampered
> Siamese princess who has her person wrapped around her little finger.
>

>>Yes, I don't like the side of Brandy I see in here and I will stand by
>>my convictions.
>

>>Get over it. :)
>

> Nothing to get over. I just find fault in attacks like this and so I point
> them out.
>
> Paul

That makes you part of the Brandy Alexandre fan club.

I'm cool with that. :)

cybercat
October 13th 05, 10:46 PM
"Joe Canuck" > wrote

> > Nothing to get over. I just find fault in attacks like this and so I
point
> > them out.
> >
> > Paul
> >

> That makes you part of the Brandy Alexandre fan club.
>
> I'm cool with that. :)

Me too. It takes all kinds to make the world go round. :)

meee
October 14th 05, 06:53 AM
I don't know much about Brandy or her past that you keep bringing up. I do
however feel that jumping on every little comment and trying to put people
down to everyone else here isn't fair. As I was taking her on face value,
and giving her the beneift of the doubt, I felt that picking on one little
thing she said, that had no implications of a lack of care to her cat, was a
bit off. But now you've mentioned she declawed her cat seven years ago I
will hate her forever and ever and send a virus to her email address right
now. Happy??

--

"cybercat" > wrote in message

> "Joe Canuck" > wrote

Joe Canuck
October 14th 05, 12:15 PM
meee wrote:
> I don't know much about Brandy or her past that you keep bringing up. I do
> however feel that jumping on every little comment and trying to put people
> down to everyone else here isn't fair. As I was taking her on face value,
> and giving her the beneift of the doubt, I felt that picking on one little
> thing she said, that had no implications of a lack of care to her cat, was a
> bit off. But now you've mentioned she declawed her cat seven years ago I
> will hate her forever and ever and send a virus to her email address right
> now. Happy??

Perhaps you need to re-read all posts?

"She declawed her cat seven years ago" is not what I said. I said she
had her cat declawed when she was ~7 years old.

Big difference in meaning.

....and no, I don't advocate sending a virus or other nasties through email.

Phil P.
October 14th 05, 04:37 PM
"Brandy Alexandre" > wrote in message

Like Phil's belief
> that I ever did cocaine as part of my former career.

What a crock of ****! I heard you couldn't 'act' unless you were high.
When the director said 'take 5", you snorted 5 lines and thought it was cool
to use a $100 bill for a straw.

Not only is that
> career LONG over with, I never did the drug before, during or after.

Suuure. You just didn't inhale, right? If you really don't do coke
anymore- its probably only because you can't afford it anymore- maybe that's
why you're trying hustle your old videos in other newsgroups.

Actually, I couldn't care less about your 'career' or cocaine habit for your
sake- but you declawed your cat to enhance or 'save' your career, and you'd
probably be a better owner if you had a stroke from cocaine- but your cat's
behavioral problems are *probably* a *direct* result of living with a
psychotic coke freak. She probably attacks you because she never knows what
to expect from you. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if you whacked or kicked
her around for scratching or biting you whenever you were stoned.

You canceled *all* your posts in "Re: Brandy Alexandre Is NOYB" and "Re:
Declawing and Apartments" and many others and many in the gossip groups.
Smart move.

Phil P.
October 14th 05, 04:38 PM
"meee" > wrote in message

> As I was taking her on face value,

Was that pun intentional? ;-)

> and giving her the beneift of the doubt, I felt that picking on one little
> thing she said, that had no implications of a lack of care to her cat, was
> bit off. But now you've mentioned she declawed her cat seven years ago

No. She declawed a seven year old cat because the cat has a biting problem
that she encouraged. Her reason for declawing was her cat was a *biter* and
make-up artists complained about the marks.

She has plenty of time to play in gossip newsgroups- but no time to research
declawing (or feline asthma). Otherwise she would have known that declawing
*increases* biting behavior in cats that were biters before being declawed
and also induces the biting behavior in some cats that were not previous
biters.

meee
October 15th 05, 12:11 AM
"Joe Canuck" > wrote in message
> meee wrote:
> > I don't know much about Brandy or her past that you keep bringing up. I
do
> > however feel that jumping on every little comment and trying to put
people
> > down to everyone else here isn't fair. As I was taking her on face
value,
> > and giving her the beneift of the doubt, I felt that picking on one
little
> > thing she said, that had no implications of a lack of care to her cat,
was a
> > bit off. But now you've mentioned she declawed her cat seven years ago I
> > will hate her forever and ever and send a virus to her email address
right
> > now. Happy??
> >

> Perhaps you need to re-read all posts?
>
> "She declawed her cat seven years ago" is not what I said. I said she
> had her cat declawed when she was ~7 years old.
>
> Big difference in meaning.
>
> ...and no, I don't advocate sending a virus or other nasties through
email.

I was being sarcastic Joe...geez does nobody in this group understand
sarcasm? It's a common form of humour used in australia and the UK where you
make a ridiculous statement as if it is your opinion, but indicating either
by the ridiculousness of the statement or your tone of voice that you are
poking fun of the statement or action described by the statement....geez
don't you know what a joke is?as i said before, lighten up!! maybe brandy
got misinformed that declawing is good for cats (there are some people out
there who believe it, and they can be as convincing as you are!!!) I'm not
saying she's right, I'm saying educate her, but gently....yelling at people
never works, in fact it makes them do what you're yelling at them not to do
just to **** you off. but gently persuading works wonders...ie. the stick
and carrot??

meee
October 15th 05, 12:12 AM
--

"Brandy Alexandre" > wrote in message
> meee > wrote in rec.pets.cats.health+behav:
>
> > I don't know much about Brandy or her past that you keep bringing
> > up. I do however feel that jumping on every little comment and
> > trying to put people down to everyone else here isn't fair. As I
> > was taking her on face value, and giving her the beneift of the
> > doubt, I felt that picking on one little thing she said, that had
> > no implications of a lack of care to her cat, was a bit off. But
> > now you've mentioned she declawed her cat seven years ago I will
> > hate her forever and ever and send a virus to her email address
> > right now. Happy??
> >

> LOL! He doesn't even have his facts straight. Before you send me that
> mean old virus, make sure you have the level of hatred appropriate to
> the facts. ;)

Don't worry....reading his posts stimulates a level of hatred well capable
of sending viruses...if i actually knew how to do it ROTFLMAO!!!! geez,
HELLO PEOPLE!! Sarcasm any one?
> --
> Brandy AlexandreŽ
> http://www.swydm.com/?refer=BrandyAlx
> Well, would you?

meee
October 15th 05, 12:25 AM
"Phil P." > wrote in message

> "meee" > wrote in message
>
> > As I was taking her on face value,
>

> Was that pun intentional? ;-)
>

> > and giving her the beneift of the doubt, I felt that picking on one
little
> > thing she said, that had no implications of a lack of care to her cat,
was
> > bit off. But now you've mentioned she declawed her cat seven years ago
>

> No. She declawed a seven year old cat because the cat has a biting problem
> that she encouraged. Her reason for declawing was her cat was a *biter*
and
> make-up artists complained about the marks.
>
> She has plenty of time to play in gossip newsgroups- but no time to
research
> declawing (or feline asthma). Otherwise she would have known that
declawing
> *increases* biting behavior in cats that were biters before being declawed
> and also induces the biting behavior in some cats that were not previous
> biters.

Right. well if brandy is the delinquent that you say she is, in my
experience delinquents respond better to gentle stimulation in the right
direction, education about their choices, and encouragement to make those
choices? and as i am unaware (and don't really give a stuff) about her drug
habits or past life, not having a clue what anyone is talking about here, i
am drawing the conclusion that brandy is an ex-porn star who is off her face
on coke, got her cat declawed as she was too much of a blonde bimbo to think
about it first, and probably forgets to feed her cat bacuse she's too high.
I still feel that you would have more opportunity to educate her more about
her cat and how to look after it if you 'informed' her of the facts instead
of yelling at her for every silly little thing she might say....for instance
mentioning her cat's behaviour irritates her on occasion, and she doesn't
enjoy the company of other people's children.>

Joe Canuck
October 15th 05, 12:39 AM
meee wrote:

> "Joe Canuck" > wrote in message
>
>>meee wrote:
>>
>>>I don't know much about Brandy or her past that you keep bringing up. I
>
> do
>
>>>however feel that jumping on every little comment and trying to put
>
> people
>
>>>down to everyone else here isn't fair. As I was taking her on face
>
> value,
>
>>>and giving her the beneift of the doubt, I felt that picking on one
>
> little
>
>>>thing she said, that had no implications of a lack of care to her cat,
>
> was a
>
>>>bit off. But now you've mentioned she declawed her cat seven years ago I
>>>will hate her forever and ever and send a virus to her email address
>
> right
>
>>>now. Happy??
>>>

>>Perhaps you need to re-read all posts?
>>
>>"She declawed her cat seven years ago" is not what I said. I said she
>>had her cat declawed when she was ~7 years old.
>>
>>Big difference in meaning.
>>
>>...and no, I don't advocate sending a virus or other nasties through
>
> email.
>
> I was being sarcastic Joe...geez does nobody in this group understand
> sarcasm? It's a common form of humour used in australia and the UK where you
> make a ridiculous statement as if it is your opinion, but indicating either
> by the ridiculousness of the statement or your tone of voice that you are
> poking fun of the statement or action described by the statement....geez
> don't you know what a joke is?as i said before, lighten up!! maybe brandy
> got misinformed that declawing is good for cats (there are some people out
> there who believe it, and they can be as convincing as you are!!!) I'm not
> saying she's right, I'm saying educate her, but gently....yelling at people
> never works, in fact it makes them do what you're yelling at them not to do
> just to **** you off. but gently persuading works wonders...ie. the stick
> and carrot??

OK, I WILL TRY YELLING... BUT I DOUBT IT WILL DO MUCH GOOD.

DON'T YOU KNOW? PEOPLE DON'T LIKE TO BE YELLED AT! IT IS CONSIDERED VERY
IMPOLITE.

Phil P.
October 15th 05, 12:54 AM
"meee" > wrote in message

> am drawing the conclusion that brandy is an ex-porn star who is off her
face
> on coke, got her cat declawed as she was too much of a blonde bimbo to
think
> about it first, and probably forgets to feed her cat bacuse she's too
high.

That about sums it up. When you've dealt with adoptions for as long as I
did, you develop a 6th sense about how people treat animals by the things
they say.

> I still feel that you would have more opportunity to educate her

She doesn't want to be educated about cats. She doesn't think she does
anything wrong.

instead
> of yelling at her for every silly little thing she might say....for
instance
> mentioning her cat's behaviour irritates her on occasion, and she doesn't
> enjoy the company of other people's children.>

What are you talking about? I did no such thing. I don't like her because
of what she did to her cat and feels no remorse about it.

Brandy  Alexandre
October 15th 05, 01:14 AM
meee > wrote in rec.pets.cats.health+behav:

> Right. well if brandy is the delinquent that you say she is, in my
> experience delinquents respond better to gentle stimulation in the
> right direction, education about their choices, and encouragement
> to make those choices? and as i am unaware (and don't really give
> a stuff) about her drug habits or past life, not having a clue
> what anyone is talking about here, i am drawing the conclusion
> that brandy is an ex-porn star who is off her face on coke, got
> her cat declawed as she was too much of a blonde bimbo to think
> about it first, and probably forgets to feed her cat bacuse she's
> too high. I still feel that you would have more opportunity to
> educate her more about her cat and how to look after it if you
> 'informed' her of the facts instead of yelling at her for every
> silly little thing she might say....for instance mentioning her
> cat's behaviour irritates her on occasion, and she doesn't enjoy
> the company of other people's children.>

Again, problems with facts. Kami was actually three, the year was
1991, and I had been semi-retired from the porn biz, in fact did only
one movie that year that I wrote and directed. So Phil/Joe say they
"heard somewhere" about drug abuse. They are going to have to name
their sources because it's a heap of libel. Yes, it's not libel if
it's true, but it is not true and if they are the "betters" they think
they are, they'll fess up to it.

But, yes, I retired permanently from porn in 1992, again, after doing
just one movie that I wrote and directed. Both movies were big hits,
as far as porn goes, and I'd like to see how they explain how someone
with an alleged drug-adled brain could pull off such a feat without a
support crew (too cheap to pay them, like to do everything myself).

--
Brandy**AlexandreŽ
http://www.swydm.com/?refer=BrandyAlx
Well, would you?

Joe Canuck
October 15th 05, 01:29 AM
meee wrote:

> Right. well if brandy is the delinquent that you say she is, in my

That is an astute observation.

Delinquent sums up Brandy's state in one word.

> am drawing the conclusion that brandy is an ex-porn star who is off her face
> on coke, got her cat declawed as she was too much of a blonde bimbo to think
> about it first, and probably forgets to feed her cat bacuse she's too high.

That expands on the delinquent observation and is on target.

However, she has been wiping the reminants of her activities in the
porno business off her face for several years now. One would think she
would have at least a modicum of dignity, but apparently the drugs
eradicated that.

> I still feel that you would have more opportunity to educate her more about
> her cat and how to look after it if you 'informed' her of the facts instead

There are particularly difficult cases, hard cases if you will, that
just won't listen to anything.

The first step towards recovery is to admit there is a problem. Brandy
has never done this and most likely never will, although I do have a
smidgen of hope for salvation left.

Sadly, it appears there may be no hope. We have been trying for years in
this newsgroup. <sniff>

Can we recruit you to become part of the recovery team to help Brandy
see the light?

meee
October 15th 05, 01:34 AM
sorry i wasn't referring to you, phil p. i originally disagreed with joe
canuck for abusing her for saying her cat was annoying her that day...he
could have found much better things to complain about than that. it may be a
silly comment, but i didn't think it warranted the amount of telling off it
recieved. I was then accused of being a brandy alexandre fan and treating
cats badly, and not knowing anything about brandy except for feeling sorry
for her being picked on i stuck up for her. probably misguided, but that's
me. and i respect your opinion but reserve the right to disagree with joe's
approach to people on occasion!

--

"Phil P." > wrote in message

> "meee" > wrote in message

> > am drawing the conclusion that brandy is an ex-porn star who is off her
> face
> > on coke, got her cat declawed as she was too much of a blonde bimbo to
> think
> > about it first, and probably forgets to feed her cat bacuse she's too
> high.
>

> That about sums it up. When you've dealt with adoptions for as long as I
> did, you develop a 6th sense about how people treat animals by the things
> they say.
>

> > I still feel that you would have more opportunity to educate her
>

> She doesn't want to be educated about cats. She doesn't think she does
> anything wrong.
>
> instead
> > of yelling at her for every silly little thing she might say....for
> instance
> > mentioning her cat's behaviour irritates her on occasion, and she
doesn't
> > enjoy the company of other people's children.>
>
> What are you talking about? I did no such thing. I don't like her
because
> of what she did to her cat and feels no remorse about it.

meee
October 15th 05, 01:36 AM
"Joe Canuck" > wrote in message
> meee wrote:

> > do

> > people

> > value,

> > little

> > was a

> > right

> >>Perhaps you need to re-read all posts?
> >>
> >>"She declawed her cat seven years ago" is not what I said. I said she
> >>had her cat declawed when she was ~7 years old.
> >>
> >>Big difference in meaning.
> >>
> >>...and no, I don't advocate sending a virus or other nasties through
> >
> > email.
> >
> > I was being sarcastic Joe...geez does nobody in this group understand
> > sarcasm? It's a common form of humour used in australia and the UK where
you
> > make a ridiculous statement as if it is your opinion, but indicating
either
> > by the ridiculousness of the statement or your tone of voice that you
are
> > poking fun of the statement or action described by the statement....geez
> > don't you know what a joke is?as i said before, lighten up!! maybe
brandy
> > got misinformed that declawing is good for cats (there are some people
out
> > there who believe it, and they can be as convincing as you are!!!) I'm
not
> > saying she's right, I'm saying educate her, but gently....yelling at
people
> > never works, in fact it makes them do what you're yelling at them not to
do
> > just to **** you off. but gently persuading works wonders...ie. the
stick
> > and carrot??
> >

> OK, I WILL TRY YELLING... BUT I DOUBT IT WILL DO MUCH GOOD.
>
> DON'T YOU KNOW? PEOPLE DON'T LIKE TO BE YELLED AT! IT IS CONSIDERED VERY
> IMPOLITE.

hello Joe, is anyone awake in there? I never told you to yell at her. read
my post again, i was using an example, saying yelling didn't work (what you
just repeated) but gentle persuasion might? now I know you weren't 'yelling'
as you are now, but you weren't being very gentle either.

Joe Canuck
October 15th 05, 01:43 AM
meee wrote:

> "Joe Canuck" > wrote in message
>
>>meee wrote:

>>>do

>>>people

>>>value,

>>>little

>>>was a

>>>right

>>>email.
>>>
>>>I was being sarcastic Joe...geez does nobody in this group understand
>>>sarcasm? It's a common form of humour used in australia and the UK where
>
> you
>
>>>make a ridiculous statement as if it is your opinion, but indicating
>
> either
>
>>>by the ridiculousness of the statement or your tone of voice that you
>
> are
>
>>>poking fun of the statement or action described by the statement....geez
>>>don't you know what a joke is?as i said before, lighten up!! maybe
>
> brandy
>
>>>got misinformed that declawing is good for cats (there are some people
>
> out
>
>>>there who believe it, and they can be as convincing as you are!!!) I'm
>
> not
>
>>>saying she's right, I'm saying educate her, but gently....yelling at
>
> people
>
>>>never works, in fact it makes them do what you're yelling at them not to
>
> do
>
>>>just to **** you off. but gently persuading works wonders...ie. the
>
> stick
>
>>>and carrot??
>>>

>>OK, I WILL TRY YELLING... BUT I DOUBT IT WILL DO MUCH GOOD.
>>
>>DON'T YOU KNOW? PEOPLE DON'T LIKE TO BE YELLED AT! IT IS CONSIDERED VERY
>>IMPOLITE.
>>

> hello Joe, is anyone awake in there? I never told you to yell at her. read
> my post again, i was using an example, saying yelling didn't work (what you
> just repeated) but gentle persuasion might? now I know you weren't 'yelling'
> as you are now, but you weren't being very gentle either.

I was trying out some of that good old Australian sarcasm. :)

meee
October 15th 05, 01:57 AM
well, brandy I have no problem with you, allthough I disagree with declawing
cats and am not exactly a fan of the porn business, who you are now is what
counts, and if you are here to talk about cats and ask people's advice on
cat topics, then people should give you the advice you need. I am not a fan
of nit-picking and holding someone's past against them. especially if they
regret their mistakes and try to make up for them as I am sure you are
doing. From Phil's side, working in the area he does makes him more senstive
to such things, but he is always ready to help anyone who asks for advice
sincerely. As for Joe, nobody's perfect, but some people think they are.

--
There are many intelligent species in the Universe. They are all owned by
cats.

Anonymous

One cat just leads to another. -Ernest Hemingway

"Brandy Alexandre" > wrote in message
> meee > wrote in rec.pets.cats.health+behav:
>
> > Right. well if brandy is the delinquent that you say she is, in my
> > experience delinquents respond better to gentle stimulation in the
> > right direction, education about their choices, and encouragement
> > to make those choices? and as i am unaware (and don't really give
> > a stuff) about her drug habits or past life, not having a clue
> > what anyone is talking about here, i am drawing the conclusion
> > that brandy is an ex-porn star who is off her face on coke, got
> > her cat declawed as she was too much of a blonde bimbo to think
> > about it first, and probably forgets to feed her cat bacuse she's
> > too high. I still feel that you would have more opportunity to
> > educate her more about her cat and how to look after it if you
> > 'informed' her of the facts instead of yelling at her for every
> > silly little thing she might say....for instance mentioning her
> > cat's behaviour irritates her on occasion, and she doesn't enjoy
> > the company of other people's children.>
>
> Again, problems with facts. Kami was actually three, the year was
> 1991, and I had been semi-retired from the porn biz, in fact did only
> one movie that year that I wrote and directed. So Phil/Joe say they
> "heard somewhere" about drug abuse. They are going to have to name
> their sources because it's a heap of libel. Yes, it's not libel if
> it's true, but it is not true and if they are the "betters" they think
> they are, they'll fess up to it.
>
> But, yes, I retired permanently from porn in 1992, again, after doing
> just one movie that I wrote and directed. Both movies were big hits,
> as far as porn goes, and I'd like to see how they explain how someone
> with an alleged drug-adled brain could pull off such a feat without a
> support crew (too cheap to pay them, like to do everything myself).
>
> --
> Brandy AlexandreŽ
> http://www.swydm.com/?refer=BrandyAlx
> Well, would you?

meee
October 15th 05, 01:59 AM
"Joe Canuck" > wrote in message
> meee wrote:
>
> > Right. well if brandy is the delinquent that you say she is, in my
>
> That is an astute observation.
>
> Delinquent sums up Brandy's state in one word.
>
> > am drawing the conclusion that brandy is an ex-porn star who is off her
face
> > on coke, got her cat declawed as she was too much of a blonde bimbo to
think
> > about it first, and probably forgets to feed her cat bacuse she's too
high.

> That expands on the delinquent observation and is on target.
>
> However, she has been wiping the reminants of her activities in the
> porno business off her face for several years now. One would think she
> would have at least a modicum of dignity, but apparently the drugs
> eradicated that.
>
> > I still feel that you would have more opportunity to educate her more
about
> > her cat and how to look after it if you 'informed' her of the facts
instead

> There are particularly difficult cases, hard cases if you will, that
> just won't listen to anything.
>
> The first step towards recovery is to admit there is a problem. Brandy
> has never done this and most likely never will, although I do have a
> smidgen of hope for salvation left.
>
> Sadly, it appears there may be no hope. We have been trying for years in
> this newsgroup. <sniff>
>
> Can we recruit you to become part of the recovery team to help Brandy
> see the light?

No, if by 'helping her see the light' you mean dragging up her past and
beating her over the head with it until she whimpers cowering at your feet
professing her guilt. Yes, if you mean giving her sound advice when and if
she asks for it, and if she mentions something you disagree with pointing
out your problem in a clear and thought-provoking (different to provoking)
way.

meee
October 15th 05, 02:01 AM
"Joe Canuck" > wrote in message
> meee wrote:

> > you

> > either

> > are

statement....geez

> > brandy

> > out

> > not

> > people

> > do

> > stick

> >>OK, I WILL TRY YELLING... BUT I DOUBT IT WILL DO MUCH GOOD.
> >>
> >>DON'T YOU KNOW? PEOPLE DON'T LIKE TO BE YELLED AT! IT IS CONSIDERED VERY
> >>IMPOLITE.
> >>

> > hello Joe, is anyone awake in there? I never told you to yell at her.
read
> > my post again, i was using an example, saying yelling didn't work (what
you
> > just repeated) but gentle persuasion might? now I know you weren't
'yelling'
> > as you are now, but you weren't being very gentle either.
> >

> I was trying out some of that good old Australian sarcasm. :)

Good effort!! Feels good doesn't it? and if you have a dumb protagonist they
may not even realise you're insulting them!! :^>

Joe Canuck
October 15th 05, 02:02 AM
meee wrote:

> "Joe Canuck" > wrote in message
>
>>meee wrote:
>>

>>>Right. well if brandy is the delinquent that you say she is, in my
>>
>>That is an astute observation.
>>
>>Delinquent sums up Brandy's state in one word.
>>

>>>am drawing the conclusion that brandy is an ex-porn star who is off her
>
> face
>
>>>on coke, got her cat declawed as she was too much of a blonde bimbo to
>
> think
>
>>>about it first, and probably forgets to feed her cat bacuse she's too
>
> high.
>
>>That expands on the delinquent observation and is on target.
>>
>>However, she has been wiping the reminants of her activities in the
>>porno business off her face for several years now. One would think she
>>would have at least a modicum of dignity, but apparently the drugs
>>eradicated that.
>>

>>>I still feel that you would have more opportunity to educate her more
>
> about
>
>>>her cat and how to look after it if you 'informed' her of the facts
>
> instead
>
>>There are particularly difficult cases, hard cases if you will, that
>>just won't listen to anything.
>>
>>The first step towards recovery is to admit there is a problem. Brandy
>>has never done this and most likely never will, although I do have a
>>smidgen of hope for salvation left.
>>
>>Sadly, it appears there may be no hope. We have been trying for years in
>>this newsgroup. <sniff>
>>
>>Can we recruit you to become part of the recovery team to help Brandy
>>see the light?
>>

> No, if by 'helping her see the light' you mean dragging up her past and
> beating her over the head with it until she whimpers cowering at your feet
> professing her guilt. Yes, if you mean giving her sound advice when and if
> she asks for it, and if she mentions something you disagree with pointing
> out your problem in a clear and thought-provoking (different to provoking)
> way.

Welcome to the team.

At some point should you need the flameproof suit just let me know. :)

meee
October 15th 05, 02:16 AM
"Joe Canuck" > wrote in message
> meee wrote:

> >>That is an astute observation.
> >>
> >>Delinquent sums up Brandy's state in one word.

> > face

> > think

> > high.
> >
> >>That expands on the delinquent observation and is on target.
> >>
> >>However, she has been wiping the reminants of her activities in the
> >>porno business off her face for several years now. One would think she
> >>would have at least a modicum of dignity, but apparently the drugs
> >>eradicated that.

> > about

> > instead
> >
> >>There are particularly difficult cases, hard cases if you will, that
> >>just won't listen to anything.
> >>
> >>The first step towards recovery is to admit there is a problem. Brandy
> >>has never done this and most likely never will, although I do have a
> >>smidgen of hope for salvation left.
> >>
> >>Sadly, it appears there may be no hope. We have been trying for years in
> >>this newsgroup. <sniff>
> >>
> >>Can we recruit you to become part of the recovery team to help Brandy
> >>see the light?
> >>

> > No, if by 'helping her see the light' you mean dragging up her past and
> > beating her over the head with it until she whimpers cowering at your
feet
> > professing her guilt. Yes, if you mean giving her sound advice when and
if
> > she asks for it, and if she mentions something you disagree with
pointing
> > out your problem in a clear and thought-provoking (different to
provoking)
> > way.
> >

> Welcome to the team.
>
> At some point should you need the flameproof suit just let me know. :)

I'm from a family of four girls. I don't think i need to say any more. ;^)

Lumpy
October 15th 05, 02:35 AM
"Brandy Alexandre" > wrote in message
> meee > wrote in rec.pets.cats.health+behav:
>
> > Right. well if brandy is the delinquent that you say she is, in my
> > experience delinquents respond better to gentle stimulation in the
> > right direction, education about their choices, and encouragement
> > to make those choices? and as i am unaware (and don't really give
> > a stuff) about her drug habits or past life, not having a clue
> > what anyone is talking about here, i am drawing the conclusion
> > that brandy is an ex-porn star who is off her face on coke, got
> > her cat declawed as she was too much of a blonde bimbo to think
> > about it first, and probably forgets to feed her cat bacuse she's
> > too high. I still feel that you would have more opportunity to
> > educate her more about her cat and how to look after it if you
> > 'informed' her of the facts instead of yelling at her for every
> > silly little thing she might say....for instance mentioning her
> > cat's behaviour irritates her on occasion, and she doesn't enjoy
> > the company of other people's children.>
>
> Again, problems with facts. Kami was actually three, the year was
> 1991, and I had been semi-retired from the porn biz, in fact did only
> one movie that year that I wrote and directed. So Phil/Joe say they
> "heard somewhere" about drug abuse. They are going to have to name
> their sources because it's a heap of libel. Yes, it's not libel if
> it's true, but it is not true and if they are the "betters" they think
> they are, they'll fess up to it.
>
> But, yes, I retired permanently from porn in 1992, again, after doing
> just one movie that I wrote and directed. Both movies were big hits,
> as far as porn goes, and I'd like to see how they explain how someone
> with an alleged drug-adled brain could pull off such a feat without a
> support crew (too cheap to pay them, like to do everything myself).

If only anyone cared.

What is relevant: why did you declaw your cat?

Paul M. Cook
October 15th 05, 02:52 AM
Joe, for such a laid-back, easy-going, mellow, live-and-let-live kind of guy
you are sure sounding one hell of a lot like a massively obsessed and
delusional neurotic who just cannot let go of an argument. Get over
yourself. It's good therapy for you and that way nobody has to put you on
ignore.

Paul

"Joe Canuck" > wrote in message
> meee wrote:
>
> > Right. well if brandy is the delinquent that you say she is, in my
>
> That is an astute observation.
>
> Delinquent sums up Brandy's state in one word.
>
> > am drawing the conclusion that brandy is an ex-porn star who is off her
face
> > on coke, got her cat declawed as she was too much of a blonde bimbo to
think
> > about it first, and probably forgets to feed her cat bacuse she's too
high.

> That expands on the delinquent observation and is on target.
>
> However, she has been wiping the reminants of her activities in the
> porno business off her face for several years now. One would think she
> would have at least a modicum of dignity, but apparently the drugs
> eradicated that.
>
> > I still feel that you would have more opportunity to educate her more
about
> > her cat and how to look after it if you 'informed' her of the facts
instead

> There are particularly difficult cases, hard cases if you will, that
> just won't listen to anything.
>
> The first step towards recovery is to admit there is a problem. Brandy
> has never done this and most likely never will, although I do have a
> smidgen of hope for salvation left.
>
> Sadly, it appears there may be no hope. We have been trying for years in
> this newsgroup. <sniff>
>
> Can we recruit you to become part of the recovery team to help Brandy
> see the light?

Joe Canuck
October 15th 05, 03:27 AM
Paul M. Cook wrote:

> Joe, for such a laid-back, easy-going, mellow, live-and-let-live kind of guy
> you are sure sounding one hell of a lot like a massively obsessed and
> delusional neurotic who just cannot let go of an argument. Get over
> yourself. It's good therapy for you and that way nobody has to put you on
> ignore.
>
> Paul

If anything, these days I am obsessed with accounting and taxation more
than anything else. :)

I have a wonderful little, well not really at 18 pounds, cat myself. It
sends shivers up my spine when I think of the declawing surgery. I could
not bring myself to submit my cat to that procedure and have never been
on the brink or anywhere close to doing so. It just isn't a possibility.

I have managed the claws by raising her in a manner that she knew what
was/was not appropriate scratching, providing scratch posts through the
house, not giving her the idea that my hands are play things, and
clipping her claws regularly from a young age such that she is used to
it now and doesn't fight me on it. I treat her very gently and she does
the same with me.

I suppose it also helps somewhat that she is a Ragdoll breed and they
are known for not intentionally using their claws with their humans.
Over the 5 years I have had her I have observed this behavior many
times. If she does scratch me, which is very rare, it is unintentional.

I've really never been annoyed by her. I understand where she is coming
from and what to expect. She is a joy to be around and a real companion.
If she is sick or throwing up, I am concerned... not annoyed. Annoyance
never enters the picture.

I suppose I just don't understand the rational behind someone expressing
annoyance more than affection for the animals they chose to share their
homes and lives with... much as I don't understand the rational behind
declawing which is a cruel procedure meant to serve only the short term
needs of the human.

It is about our caring for the cats, not about me.

> "Joe Canuck" > wrote in message
>
>>meee wrote:
>>

>>>Right. well if brandy is the delinquent that you say she is, in my
>>
>>That is an astute observation.
>>
>>Delinquent sums up Brandy's state in one word.
>>

>>>am drawing the conclusion that brandy is an ex-porn star who is off her
>
> face
>
>>>on coke, got her cat declawed as she was too much of a blonde bimbo to
>
> think
>
>>>about it first, and probably forgets to feed her cat bacuse she's too
>
> high.
>
>>That expands on the delinquent observation and is on target.
>>
>>However, she has been wiping the reminants of her activities in the
>>porno business off her face for several years now. One would think she
>>would have at least a modicum of dignity, but apparently the drugs
>>eradicated that.
>>

>>>I still feel that you would have more opportunity to educate her more
>
> about
>
>>>her cat and how to look after it if you 'informed' her of the facts
>
> instead
>
>>There are particularly difficult cases, hard cases if you will, that
>>just won't listen to anything.
>>
>>The first step towards recovery is to admit there is a problem. Brandy
>>has never done this and most likely never will, although I do have a
>>smidgen of hope for salvation left.
>>
>>Sadly, it appears there may be no hope. We have been trying for years in
>>this newsgroup. <sniff>
>>
>>Can we recruit you to become part of the recovery team to help Brandy
>>see the light?

Lumpy
October 15th 05, 03:46 AM
"Paul M. Cook" > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Joe, for such a laid-back, easy-going, mellow, live-and-let-live kind of
guy
> you are sure sounding one hell of a lot like a massively obsessed and
> delusional neurotic who just cannot let go of an argument. Get over
> yourself. It's good therapy for you and that way nobody has to put you on
> ignore.

Paul, do you really need to control the content of this group?

Speaking of live and let live, why not just let Joe speak his mind
and move on?

meee
October 15th 05, 06:29 AM
Hey Brandy, all this aside, do you have a Siamese? I am getting one soon,
and at pain of being flamed by all the do-gooders, I am getting him from a
breeder (gasp) who (wait for it) breeds cats for the purpose of selling
them. She is coming to meet me in a week or two, to discuss the kitten with
me, and make sure I am not a cat collector with psychotic tendencies who
will eat her cat for dinner, after allowing it to run free and
breed/distribute pests and mayhem indiscriminately. What are their
personalities like...I have heard they are good conversationalists; do they
get on well with dogs? Jasmine (my rescued stray- see, I'm not all bad) is
veryrelaxed about dogs, so hopefully that will rub off on the kitten. Are
they touchy-feely or independent? Jas is very cuddly, so it won't matter
either way (she's sitting n my lap now editing...hence the bad typing)

Paul M. Cook
October 15th 05, 07:41 AM
"Lumpy" > wrote in message

> "Paul M. Cook" > wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > Joe, for such a laid-back, easy-going, mellow, live-and-let-live kind of
> guy
> > you are sure sounding one hell of a lot like a massively obsessed and
> > delusional neurotic who just cannot let go of an argument. Get over
> > yourself. It's good therapy for you and that way nobody has to put you
on
> > ignore.
> >

> Paul, do you really need to control the content of this group?

Why yes, yes I do. It's this control thing I have. See I start out by
being a newsgroup dictator and then I move on to getting elected to
Congress, then after that I steal the presidency (little trick I learned
from GW) and then I bring the whole Internet under my control You have to
start small and build up.

> Speaking of live and let live, why not just let Joe speak his mind
> and move on?

Like anyone could stop him?

Paul

Paul M. Cook
October 15th 05, 07:46 AM
"Joe Canuck" > wrote in message
> Paul M. Cook wrote:
>
> > Joe, for such a laid-back, easy-going, mellow, live-and-let-live kind of
guy
> > you are sure sounding one hell of a lot like a massively obsessed and
> > delusional neurotic who just cannot let go of an argument. Get over
> > yourself. It's good therapy for you and that way nobody has to put you
on
> > ignore.
> >
> > Paul
>
> If anything, these days I am obsessed with accounting and taxation more
> than anything else. :)

You are very taxing and for that I suspect there will be no accounting.

> I have a wonderful little, well not really at 18 pounds, cat myself. It
> sends shivers up my spine when I think of the declawing surgery. I could
> not bring myself to submit my cat to that procedure and have never been
> on the brink or anywhere close to doing so. It just isn't a possibility.

Brandy's cat was declawed 14 years ago. What's done is done. Surely, Zen
Master Joe, you can relate to this.

> I have managed the claws by raising her in a manner that she knew what
> was/was not appropriate scratching, providing scratch posts through the
> house, not giving her the idea that my hands are play things, and
> clipping her claws regularly from a young age such that she is used to
> it now and doesn't fight me on it. I treat her very gently and she does
> the same with me.

When is the wedding day?

> I suppose it also helps somewhat that she is a Ragdoll breed and they
> are known for not intentionally using their claws with their humans.
> Over the 5 years I have had her I have observed this behavior many
> times. If she does scratch me, which is very rare, it is unintentional.

So you assume.

> I've really never been annoyed by her. I understand where she is coming
> from and what to expect. She is a joy to be around and a real companion.
> If she is sick or throwing up, I am concerned... not annoyed. Annoyance
> never enters the picture.

Maybe she is trying to tell you something?

> I suppose I just don't understand the rational behind someone expressing
> annoyance more than affection for the animals they chose to share their
> homes and lives with... much as I don't understand the rational behind
> declawing which is a cruel procedure meant to serve only the short term
> needs of the human.

I doubt very much Brandy will ever declaw a cat again. We've had plenty of
people come here over the years all happy la-dee-da about their declawed
cats. Some of them we straightened out. They will never repeat the
mistake.

> It is about our caring for the cats, not about me.

People make mistakes, Joe-san. Get over it.

Paul

Lumpy
October 15th 05, 11:19 AM
"Paul M. Cook" > wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> "Lumpy" > wrote in message
> >
> > "Paul M. Cook" > wrote in message
> > news:NhZ3f.1474$456.[email protected]
> > > Joe, for such a laid-back, easy-going, mellow, live-and-let-live kind
of
> > guy
> > > you are sure sounding one hell of a lot like a massively obsessed and
> > > delusional neurotic who just cannot let go of an argument. Get over
> > > yourself. It's good therapy for you and that way nobody has to put
you
> on
> > > ignore.
> > >

> > Paul, do you really need to control the content of this group?
>
> Why yes, yes I do. It's this control thing I have. See I start out by
> being a newsgroup dictator and then I move on to getting elected to
> Congress, then after that I steal the presidency (little trick I learned
> from GW) and then I bring the whole Internet under my control You have
> start small and build up.
>
> > Speaking of live and let live, why not just let Joe speak his mind
> > and move on?
>
> Like anyone could stop him?

You won't, but you certainly are trying. Rather than just wave your killfile
around, just use it.

Joe Canuck
October 15th 05, 01:44 PM
Brandy Alexandre wrote:
> meee > wrote in rec.pets.cats.health+behav:
>

>>well, brandy I have no problem with you, allthough I disagree with
>>declawing cats and am not exactly a fan of the porn business, who
>>you are now is what counts, and if you are here to talk about cats
>>and ask people's advice on cat topics, then people should give you
>>the advice you need. I am not a fan of nit-picking and holding
>>someone's past against them. especially if they regret their
>>mistakes and try to make up for them as I am sure you are doing.
>>From Phil's side, working in the area he does makes him more
>>senstive to such things, but he is always ready to help anyone who
>>asks for advice sincerely.
>

> Well, then, you know why I'm here. Regardless of her staus of claws or
> no claws, she's a CRF kitty and I come here for information and support
> of that issue alone. There is absolutely no correlation btween
> declawing and CRF, so why it is inserted into the discussion by these
> warped individuals is beyond my ken.

Unfortunately, there is a lot beyond your ken and you don't appear
willing to learn... at least your online personna in here gives that
distinctive impression with some of your posts.

I'll make an attempt...

The effects of stress with respect to CRF are unknown. It has been
suggested stress in felines can impede blood flow to the kidneys which
isn't a good thing. Perhaps Phil can comment further on that.

One thing I am certain of is that declawing is a *very* stressful event
in a cat's life that isn't completely over once physical recovery is
over. Scratching is an instinctive behavior in felines, who knows what
the long term effects are of removing that ability.

Much more information at the link below, maintained by Phil:

http://maxshouse.com/facts_about_declawing.htm

> As for Phil, he has repeatedly demonstrated hiself to be an unstable
> individual, so I have no faith in any of his assertions, and I believe
> nor should anyone else. n He doesn't work anywhere near any area of
> expertise in veterinaty medicine, and allegedly admits it. So
> everything he says must be confirmed prior to following.

In fact, Phil has demonstrated himself to be very knowledgable regarding
feline care and very caring regarding felines.

I'm sure you'd get a severe case of the giggles if everyone jumped on
your bandwagon and started disregarding Phil's astute advice.

After that, who is going to step up to the plate in here with good
no-nonsense feline advice? You? LOL.

> My past has zero bearing on the present.

Unfortunately, as much as you would like to think not, the bad choices
you made in your past will follow you around. You already suffered the
consequences of that when you were fired from Forest Lawn

With respect to it's bearing on feline matters, it goes to your
character and is one of the main reasons your cat was declawed.

> The use of such is simply a
> demonstration of inferioty. Used by those afraid that they might not
> be taken seriously. Ironically, the use of such method only confirms
> the fact of interiority. Those are the ones who are permanently
> plonked. Should they show up in any thread consequently, they have
> then proved themselves as INFERIORS by having altered their identitiy
> simply to be seen.
>
> Weird, eh?

Yes, it is weird you continually mention your plonking bin...
particulary when in the past you have responded directly to those whom
you have claimed to place in there.

The state of your plonking bin is of no consequence.

Joe Canuck
October 15th 05, 02:08 PM
meee wrote:

> Hey Brandy, all this aside, do you have a Siamese? I am getting one soon,
> and at pain of being flamed by all the do-gooders, I am getting him from a
> breeder (gasp) who (wait for it) breeds cats for the purpose of selling
> them. She is coming to meet me in a week or two, to discuss the kitten with
> me, and make sure I am not a cat collector with psychotic tendencies who
> will eat her cat for dinner, after allowing it to run free and
> breed/distribute pests and mayhem indiscriminately. What are their
> personalities like...I have heard they are good conversationalists; do they
> get on well with dogs? Jasmine (my rescued stray- see, I'm not all bad) is
> veryrelaxed about dogs, so hopefully that will rub off on the kitten. Are
> they touchy-feely or independent? Jas is very cuddly, so it won't matter
> either way (she's sitting n my lap now editing...hence the bad typing)

I had a purebred Siamese for a period of time many years ago.

-Very intelligent, affectionate and active.
-They like being on you and around you.
-They have very distinctive and loud voices.
-They absolutely dislike being caged... even for short trips to the vet.
-Fiesty and emotional, they can and will get into trouble and go places
you never expected.
-They don't like being left alone.

Of course, personalities are individual and breed characteristics don't
always all follow each personality.

Phil P.
October 15th 05, 02:23 PM
"Brandy Alexandre" > wrote in message

>>"meee" > wrote in message

I am not a fan of nit-picking and holding
> > someone's past against them. especially if they regret their
> > mistakes and try to make up for them as I am sure you are doing.

I wouldn't either, but the problem is, she does not and is *not*. She has
absolutely no regret or remorse, whatsoever, about declawing and disjointing
her cat, and she still supports declawing cats.

> > From Phil's side, working in the area he does makes him more
> > senstive to such things, but he is always ready to help anyone who
> > asks for advice sincerely.
>

> Well, then, you know why I'm here.

Yeah- you're here for attention- any kind you can get, because you damn sure
don't listen to anyone's advice. Otherwise you would have learned about
inhalation therapy for asthmatic cats two years ago because its been
discussed here many
times. You just can't handle being a has-been so you pervade newsgroups
using your stage name,
especially the gossip and porn newsgroups for attention. You try to come
off as 'loving' cat owner here while you're really a selfish, self-centered,
egomaniacal cat abuser.

> As for Phil, he has repeatedly demonstrated hiself to be an unstable
> individual,

Naaa, I just have nothing but disgust and contempt for low-life animal
abusers like you. Not only did you create and encourage your cat's biting
problem, you then had her disjointed because of it- because some bimbo
make-up artist complained about the marks. Who knows what you did to your
poor cat if she scratched or bit you while you were in a coked-up frenzy-
especially if she bit you the night before your gaping asshole was being
filmed. You cat is neurotic because you're psychotic and you abused her
terribly. Your 'loving cat owner' posts are merely red herrings.

so I have no faith in any of his assertions, and I believe
> nor should anyone else. n

That's because you too ignorant to know any better- that's also why you have
an incompetent and uninformed vet-- or is he one of your fans or tricks and
barters for services?

He doesn't work anywhere near any area of
> expertise in veterinaty medicine, and allegedly admits it.

I said have no formal veterinary medical training, sleaze, not that I don't
work in any area of "expertise in veterinary medicine". Learn to read what
is
actually written or are you high on cocaine again? I probably work with
more cats and have more experience working with and treating cats than your
incompetent and uniformed vet.. Its very obvious that I'm more informed
about *current* treatments than he is.

So
> everything he says must be confirmed prior to following.

Yeah- and if *you* did, sleaze, you would know I was *right*. But you don't
have time to research your cat's asthma- that's not as much fun as playing
in gossip and porn newsgroups using your stage name so everybody knows you..

> My past has zero bearing on the present.

Your past *is* your present. You *still* support declawing and disjointing
cats and you probably still abuse your cat if she bites you- a behavior that
*you* created and encouraged.

Phil P.
October 15th 05, 02:24 PM
"Brandy Alexandre" > wrote in message

So Phil/Joe say they
> "heard somewhere" about drug abuse. They are going to have to name
> their sources because it's a heap of libel.

LOL! Oh yeah- Your threats of law suits are even more famous than your
gaping asshole. Is that how you've been making a living since you've been a
stretched
out has-been?

Gee, if Meee wasn't replying to me, who would you reply to since you say you
kill-filed me? LOL!

Meee: don't reply to this- lets see what she does. LOL!

Phil P.
October 15th 05, 03:54 PM
"Diane" > wrote in message

so writing/directing a porn movie or two isn't
> that impressive a feat, sober or not. :)

Yeah- what was the script? uuu, ahhhh, oooo, yes, yes? LOL! Directing is
probably equally creative.

Phil P.
October 15th 05, 03:56 PM
"Joe Canuck" > wrote in message
> Brandy Alexandre wrote:
> >

> > Well, then, you know why I'm here. Regardless of her staus of claws or
> > no claws, she's a CRF kitty and I come here for information and support
> > of that issue alone.

Why would she listen to any advice about treating CRF? She didn't listen to
*anyone's* advice regarding inhalation therapy for her asthmatic cat and
rather pump her full of steroids for the rest of her life or until she
develops diabetes or some other endocrine disease.

There is absolutely no correlation btween
> > declawing and CRF, so why it is inserted into the discussion by these
> > warped individuals is beyond my ken.
>
> Unfortunately, there is a lot beyond your ken and you don't appear
> willing to learn... at least your online personna in here gives that
> distinctive impression with some of your posts.
>
> I'll make an attempt...
>
> The effects of stress with respect to CRF are unknown. It has been
> suggested stress in felines can impede blood flow to the kidneys which
> isn't a good thing. Perhaps Phil can comment further on that.

Its usually impossible to determine the cause of CRF because by the time
its diagnosed the inciting cause is long gone- unless CRF is a continuation
from an acute renal failure event, which in Brandy's cat's case is very
possible- if not probable. Who knows what substances or toxic plants she
left lying around that the cat may have ingested. I seriously doubt that
the though that a plant might be toxic to cats would even enter her mind or
that she would even bother to check- like she didn't bother to research
treatments for her asthmatic cat.

However, I'm fairly certain that her cat's asthma is probably exacerbated by
her probable excessive use of perfume, body powders, lotions, hair spay,
nail polish and remover and who knows what else. I'd bet she didn't think
of that either.

> One thing I am certain of is that declawing is a *very* stressful event
> in a cat's life that isn't completely over once physical recovery is
> over. Scratching is an instinctive behavior in felines, who knows what
> the long term effects are of removing that ability.

Not to mention depriving the poor cat of the pleasure of scratching and
stretching.

> Much more information at the link below, maintained by Phil:
>
> http://maxshouse.com/facts_about_declawing.htm

Joe Canuck
October 15th 05, 04:07 PM
Phil P. wrote:

> "Joe Canuck" > wrote in message
>
>>Brandy Alexandre wrote:
>>

>>>Well, then, you know why I'm here. Regardless of her staus of claws or
>>>no claws, she's a CRF kitty and I come here for information and support
>>>of that issue alone.
>

> Why would she listen to any advice about treating CRF? She didn't listen to
> *anyone's* advice regarding inhalation therapy for her asthmatic cat and
> rather pump her full of steroids for the rest of her life or until she
> develops diabetes or some other endocrine disease.
>

> There is absolutely no correlation btween
>
>>>declawing and CRF, so why it is inserted into the discussion by these
>>>warped individuals is beyond my ken.
>>
>>Unfortunately, there is a lot beyond your ken and you don't appear
>>willing to learn... at least your online personna in here gives that
>>distinctive impression with some of your posts.
>>
>>I'll make an attempt...
>>
>>The effects of stress with respect to CRF are unknown. It has been
>>suggested stress in felines can impede blood flow to the kidneys which
>>isn't a good thing. Perhaps Phil can comment further on that.
>

> Its usually impossible to determine the cause of CRF because by the time
> its diagnosed the inciting cause is long gone- unless CRF is a continuation
> from an acute renal failure event, which in Brandy's cat's case is very
> possible- if not probable. Who knows what substances or toxic plants she
> left lying around that the cat may have ingested. I seriously doubt that

Perhaps this stuff, Sphincterine, is one of those substances:

http://www.mintyass.com/

....the butt equivalent of mouthwash, ewwwww!

> the though that a plant might be toxic to cats would even enter her mind or
> that she would even bother to check- like she didn't bother to research
> treatments for her asthmatic cat.
>
> However, I'm fairly certain that her cat's asthma is probably exacerbated by
> her probable excessive use of perfume, body powders, lotions, hair spay,
> nail polish and remover and who knows what else. I'd bet she didn't think
> of that either.
>

>>One thing I am certain of is that declawing is a *very* stressful event
>>in a cat's life that isn't completely over once physical recovery is
>>over. Scratching is an instinctive behavior in felines, who knows what
>>the long term effects are of removing that ability.
>

> Not to mention depriving the poor cat of the pleasure of scratching and
> stretching.
>

>>Much more information at the link below, maintained by Phil:
>>
>>http://maxshouse.com/facts_about_declawing.htm

Joe Canuck
October 15th 05, 07:30 PM
Brandy Alexandre wrote:

> Kami still "scratches." Her favorite thing in my old apartment was to
> run out into the common hall and let 'er rip on the carpet and dash
> back inside. I guess she felt the same way about the management I did.

No surprise you had problems in getting along there.

PawsForThought
October 16th 05, 01:02 AM
Brandy Alexandre wrote:
> Kami still "scratches." Her favorite thing in my old apartment was to
> run out into the common hall and let 'er rip on the carpet and dash
> back inside. I guess she felt the same way about the management I did.

A declawed cat will still make scratching motions. Cats have scent
glands in their paws and she was merely marking her territory. The
pure joy a cat has in scratching to exercise their back, shoulders and
neck muscles is something Kami can't do, unfortunately.

Lauren

See my cats: http://tinyurl.com/76tg8

IBen Getiner
October 16th 05, 11:09 AM
meee wrote:

<snip>

Don't worry, meee.... I won't get you into any more trouble!

IBen Getiner

meee
October 17th 05, 03:24 AM
"Brandy Alexandre" > wrote in message
> meee > wrote in rec.pets.cats.health+behav:
>

> > Hey Brandy, all this aside, do you have a Siamese? I am getting
> > one soon, and at pain of being flamed by all the do-gooders, I am
> > getting him from a breeder (gasp) who (wait for it) breeds cats
> > for the purpose of selling them. She is coming to meet me in a
> > week or two, to discuss the kitten with me, and make sure I am not
> > a cat collector with psychotic tendencies who will eat her cat for
> > dinner, after allowing it to run free and breed/distribute pests
> > and mayhem indiscriminately. What are their personalities like...I
> > have heard they are good conversationalists; do they get on well
> > with dogs? Jasmine (my rescued stray- see, I'm not all bad) is
> > veryrelaxed about dogs, so hopefully that will rub off on the
> > kitten. Are they touchy-feely or independent? Jas is very cuddly,
> > so it won't matter either way (she's sitting n my lap now
> > editing...hence the bad typing)
> >

> Oh my god, how could you! LOL! Kami is a mix, but I think her
> personality is 100% Siamese. They are a bit needy, yet aren't big
> cuddlers. They want to be with you, within sight or touching distance.
> Talk non-stop, you can have great conversations with them. Kami knows
> vocal inflection and can do disgust, annoyed, whiny, and others well
> enough that I know exactly what she's talking about. The only dog
> experience we had was that she chased a friend's mid-size dog into the
> bathroom and wouldn't let him out. Parked sphinx-style and glowered at
> him the whole time.
>
> Enjoy the new kitty! Those blue eyes will burn straight to your heart.
>
> --
> Brandy AlexandreŽ
> http://www.swydm.com/?refer=BrandyAlx
> Well, would you?

she sounds lovely!!! LOL about the dog! My jasmine is moggy but i'm
suspicious she's part oriental. she acts exactly like that, and has no fear
of dogs and terrorizes my terrier. she has yellow eyes, but a very fine
boned face, and although her voice isn't very loud, she talks to me...dh
thinks i'm mad talking to a cat.

meee
October 17th 05, 03:29 AM
"Joe Canuck" > wrote in message
> meee wrote:
>
> > Hey Brandy, all this aside, do you have a Siamese? I am getting one
soon,
> > and at pain of being flamed by all the do-gooders, I am getting him from
> > breeder (gasp) who (wait for it) breeds cats for the purpose of selling
> > them. She is coming to meet me in a week or two, to discuss the kitten
with
> > me, and make sure I am not a cat collector with psychotic tendencies who
> > will eat her cat for dinner, after allowing it to run free and
> > breed/distribute pests and mayhem indiscriminately. What are their
> > personalities like...I have heard they are good conversationalists; do
they
> > get on well with dogs? Jasmine (my rescued stray- see, I'm not all bad)
is
> > veryrelaxed about dogs, so hopefully that will rub off on the kitten.
Are
> > they touchy-feely or independent? Jas is very cuddly, so it won't matter
> > either way (she's sitting n my lap now editing...hence the bad typing)
> >

> I had a purebred Siamese for a period of time many years ago.
>
> -Very intelligent, affectionate and active.
> -They like being on you and around you.
> -They have very distinctive and loud voices.
> -They absolutely dislike being caged... even for short trips to the vet.
> -Fiesty and emotional, they can and will get into trouble and go places
> you never expected.
> -They don't like being left alone.
>
> Of course, personalities are individual and breed characteristics don't
> always all follow each personality.

sounds exactly like what i like in a cat...i'm not into 'cushion cats'
although no offense to people who are....i like cats with personality who
interact with us as a family, and belong to the family. My husband and i are
hoping to work from home very soon, starting with me asap. I'm a stay at
home mum now, and my hubby wants to be a stay at home dad, so between us and
2 kids the cats will have plenty of admirers!! and I am partial to a cat you
can converse with...i also have two boys, so trouble is a natural and
accepted part of life...i'm hoping the siamese can surprise me! two boys,
two dogs, jasmine and a siamese is going to be fun!!!

meee
October 17th 05, 03:31 AM
"IBen Getiner" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> meee wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
> Don't worry, meee.... I won't get you into any more trouble!
>

> IBen Getiner

whew! cos I'm doing well enough on that side on my own thanks...;^)

Juls
October 17th 05, 11:13 PM
In article >, "meee"
> wrote:

> maybe brandy
> got misinformed that declawing is good for cats (there are some people out
> there who believe it, and they can be as convincing as you are!!!)

I didn't have a clue that declawing was so bad until I found my way to
this newgroup, and Megan educated me. Despite having grown up around
cats and always having had cats (cats in the family probably go back to
ancient times), I'd never known anyone who actually had one declawed.
But I'd heard of it and thought they just removed the claw from the
paws. I had no idea.

Actually, growing up we had barn cats and they lived on mice and
squirts from cow teets (a great source of joy for the cats, and for
me). They weren't vaccinated and they weren't neutered. We had vets
around for the farm animals, but no vet ever suggested
spaying/neutering the cats or dogs and they just kept reproducing. It's
bizarre when I think back to it, but that was farm life.

We also ended up the recipient of many dogs and cats that were dumped
by city folks tired of the hassle. I hate them all. (the people, not
the pets...we adopted the abandoned pets or gave them to others) And on
top of it, for god's sake, we raised cocker spaniels and sold them to
the city people.

I miss farm life.

--
To email (remove annoying hyphens)

j-u-l-i
at
e-c-t-dot-o-r-g

Juls
October 17th 05, 11:16 PM
In article <[email protected]>, "Paul M. Cook"
> wrote:

> Why yes, yes I do. It's this control thing I have. See I start out by
> being a newsgroup dictator and then I move on to getting elected to
> Congress, then after that I steal the presidency (little trick I learned
> from GW) and then I bring the whole Internet under my control You have to
> start small and build up.

First thing you need to understand...it's internets, plural.

I plan to vote for you, but I expect a little cronyism. (i.e., I want
to be a SC justice!)

--
To email (remove annoying hyphens)

j-u-l-i
at
e-c-t-dot-o-r-g

Juls
October 17th 05, 11:22 PM
In article >, "meee"
> wrote:

> she sounds lovely!!! LOL about the dog! My jasmine is moggy but i'm
> suspicious she's part oriental. she acts exactly like that, and has no fear
> of dogs and terrorizes my terrier. she has yellow eyes, but a very fine
> boned face, and although her voice isn't very loud, she talks to me...dh
> thinks i'm mad talking to a cat.

I recently adopted a little kitty and named her Jasmine! And I think
she's got some Siamese in her. She's all white and very busy.

She doesn't make much noise, either (other than when she's crashing
into things and knocking them down), but I think it's because she's
deaf. She just kind of makes little squeaks, usually when I've got
ahold of her and she wants down because she's got things to do.

--
To email (remove annoying hyphens)

j-u-l-i
at
e-c-t-dot-o-r-g

meee
October 18th 05, 03:46 AM
"Juls" > wrote in message
> In article >, "meee"
> > wrote:
>
> > she sounds lovely!!! LOL about the dog! My jasmine is moggy but i'm
> > suspicious she's part oriental. she acts exactly like that, and has no
fear
> > of dogs and terrorizes my terrier. she has yellow eyes, but a very fine
> > boned face, and although her voice isn't very loud, she talks to me...dh
> > thinks i'm mad talking to a cat.
>
> I recently adopted a little kitty and named her Jasmine! And I think
> she's got some Siamese in her. She's all white and very busy.
>
> She doesn't make much noise, either (other than when she's crashing
> into things and knocking them down), but I think it's because she's
> deaf. She just kind of makes little squeaks, usually when I've got
> ahold of her and she wants down because she's got things to do.

Yes I saw your posts about Jack and Jasmine....she is so gorgeous, jasmine
looks very similar to her, very fine boned and smallish, except with orange
sploges and amber coloures eyes. we had a blue eyed white cat when i was
very small, she was also deaf, never meowed or anything, and after she ran
away my dad never got another cat. He later moved and doesn't want one now
because he doesn't like them killing the birds, but when my sisters are all
out of the house and he can keep it inside i might get him another....life
without cats isn't life!!! do you have any more photos of jasmine? i'd love
to see how she looks now. are she and jack smurgling yet??
> --
> To email (remove annoying hyphens)
>
> j-u-l-i
> at
> e-c-t-dot-o-r-g

Paul M. Cook
October 19th 05, 05:50 AM
"Juls" > wrote in message
> In article <[email protected]>, "Paul M. Cook"
> > wrote:
>
> > Why yes, yes I do. It's this control thing I have. See I start out by
> > being a newsgroup dictator and then I move on to getting elected to
> > Congress, then after that I steal the presidency (little trick I learned
> > from GW) and then I bring the whole Internet under my control You have
> > start small and build up.
>
> First thing you need to understand...it's internets, plural.
>
> I plan to vote for you, but I expect a little cronyism. (i.e., I want
> to be a SC justice!)

You are probably overqualified if the latest picks are any indication. I
could swing a nomination for Jack, however. He'd vote party line all the
way as long as the cat treats hold out.

Paul

Juls
October 22nd 05, 06:39 PM
In article >,
"Brandy**Alexandre" > wrote:

> I think cat treats come under buying votes. There could end up
> being an investigation, starting with a breath test on Jack.

I have to agree, and supposedly these new Feline Greenies show up on
the tests immediately. (They LOVE greenies, btw!)

--
To email (remove annoying hyphens)

j-u-l-i
at
e-c-t-dot-o-r-g

Juls
October 22nd 05, 06:48 PM
In article >, "meee"
> wrote:

> Yes I saw your posts about Jack and Jasmine....she is so gorgeous, jasmine
> looks very similar to her, very fine boned and smallish, except with orange
> sploges and amber coloures eyes. we had a blue eyed white cat when i was
> very small, she was also deaf, never meowed or anything, and after she ran
> away my dad never got another cat. He later moved and doesn't want one now
> because he doesn't like them killing the birds, but when my sisters are all
> out of the house and he can keep it inside i might get him another....life
> without cats isn't life!!!

No truer statement!

do you have any more photos of jasmine? i'd love
> to see how she looks now. are she and jack smurgling yet??

Haha, of course I have more pictures!

http://photobucket.com/albums/a384/jackjazz/

Latest ones are on page 2, and they're snuggling all the time (when not
playing).

I bought a cheap cat tree at Wal Mart (35 bucks), and had been warned
they were made of cardboard. I wanted to buy a cheap one and see if
there was any interest. THERE IS. Unfortunately, the place I wanted to
put it has tile ceilings, and with that spring-loaded thing that pushes
against the tiles, it's no good. I've got it temporarily in the
kitchen, where there's plaster ceiling, but it's not good. First of
all, having a cat tree in the middle of the kitchen is a bit in the
way. Second, she uses it as a launching pad to land on the stove and
counters.

So it's going to have to come down and go back to Wal Mart. (It's also
pretty flimsy...okay for a small cat, but I think Jack's 17 pounds
would kill it...and he seems to know it, hasn't tried it at all, and I
KNOW he likes to climb and go high!)

I'm going to have to build one from scratch, I'm afraid, and figure a
way to mount it to the wall. I'm also considering one from this
place...they look great, but are kind of expensive:

http://www.kittykornercatfurniture.com/Cat_Furniture.html

After so many years of boy cats, having a girlie cat is interesting!
She only eats when she's actually hungry. I'm used to boy cats who
would eat 24/7 if I'd feed them. And she's not picky!!!

She's also developing a little, squeaky mrrrp. I love it!

--
To email (remove annoying hyphens)

j-u-l-i
at
e-c-t-dot-o-r-g

Lesley
October 24th 05, 02:08 PM

> Latest ones are on page 2, and they're snuggling all the time (when not
> playing).

They look so happy together! I'm so glad for Jack (and Jasmine of
course). I seem to remember you were going to have her deafness checked
out what was the result?

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Juls
October 24th 05, 06:30 PM
In article . com>,
"Lesley" > wrote:

> > Latest ones are on page 2, and they're snuggling all the time (when not
> > playing).
> >
> They look so happy together! I'm so glad for Jack (and Jasmine of
> course). I seem to remember you were going to have her deafness checked
> out what was the result?

I did take her to my vet, and she said Jasmine's ears were very clean.
But deaf, and she said most likely she was born that way, that it's
more common in all-white cats. Her being deaf has turned out to be such
a non-issue. The only problem is when she's where she shouldn't be, I
can't yell no from across the room, and she's very good about making
sure her back is to me so I can't use the hand signal.

She's definitely developing some mrrrps and chatter. Not often, but
it's cute when she does. Very high pitched and soft.

Jack is just crazy about her and now he's licking her back. (She was
licking him a lot, and he enjoyed it, but hadn't licked her back until
the last few days)

He is totally back to being the happy boy he was, and I'm so glad. And
she's just a doll....crazy kitten, but so sweet. At night, now, she
always gets in bed and curls up next to me. Usually has to play "Get
your eye" for awhile, but then settles down and goes to sleep.

But the most wonderful thing happened this morning! I woke up to find
both of them on the bed, one on each side of me, staring, waiting for
me to get up and give them some breakfast. That was what Dmitri and
Jack did most mornings, staring at me as I woke up. Jack hadn't done it
since Dmitri died, but somehow he taught the trick to Jasmine. (Or else
Dmitri guided her and told Jack to resume the stunt because it made me
laugh!) It was glorious!