PDA

View Full Version : A case of genotypical Patellar Luxation

Sandor
October 11th 05, 06:37 PM
We would like to inform you about a case of diagnosed genotypical
Patellar Luxation in the Netherlands, concerning an Abyssian (n var).
It is diagnosed at two different veterinarian (with x-ray).

The name of this cat is Over-Nite Sensation's Snoozer (male, born 5 Oct
2003). His father is Clarion's Saranac. His mother is Cudjing Merah's
Daya.
We can provide you with a pedigree, or you can have a look at E.R.O.S
(http://www.somali.asso.fr/eros/)

Further we will appreciate any information about his bloodline.

Kind Regards,
Karin en Sandor

jmc
October 11th 05, 08:32 PM
Suddenly, without warning, Sandor exclaimed (11-Oct-05 6:37 PM):
> We would like to inform you about a case of diagnosed genotypical
> Patellar Luxation in the Netherlands, concerning an Abyssian (n var).
> It is diagnosed at two different veterinarian (with x-ray).
>
> The name of this cat is Over-Nite Sensation's Snoozer (male, born 5 Oct
> 2003). His father is Clarion's Saranac. His mother is Cudjing Merah's
> Daya.
> We can provide you with a pedigree, or you can have a look at E.R.O.S
> (http://www.somali.asso.fr/eros/)
>
> Further we will appreciate any information about his bloodline.
>
> Kind Regards,
> Karin en Sandor

I'm sorry, but I guess I don't quite understand the purpose of this
post, besides looking for this cat's pedigree.

My cat also has luxating patellas, both hind legs. As long as I keep
her in good nick, she has no real problem with them. She had an issue
once when she launched herself from my shoulder in a panic, must have
landed wrong & strained something. That's when we discovered she had
this problem.

jmc

Magic Mood JeepŠ
October 12th 05, 01:02 AM
jmc wrote:
> Suddenly, without warning, Sandor exclaimed (11-Oct-05 6:37 PM):
>> We would like to inform you about a case of diagnosed genotypical
>> Patellar Luxation in the Netherlands, concerning an Abyssian (n var).
>> It is diagnosed at two different veterinarian (with x-ray).
>>
>> The name of this cat is Over-Nite Sensation's Snoozer (male, born 5
>> Oct 2003). His father is Clarion's Saranac. His mother is Cudjing
>> Merah's Daya.
>> We can provide you with a pedigree, or you can have a look at E.R.O.S
>> (http://www.somali.asso.fr/eros/)
>>
>> Further we will appreciate any information about his bloodline.
>>
>> Kind Regards,
>> Karin en Sandor
>>

> I'm sorry, but I guess I don't quite understand the purpose of this
> post, besides looking for this cat's pedigree.
>
> My cat also has luxating patellas, both hind legs. As long as I keep
> her in good nick, she has no real problem with them. She had an issue
> once when she launched herself from my shoulder in a panic, must have
> landed wrong & strained something. That's when we discovered she had
> this problem.
>
> jmc

I too have a cat with luxating patellas in both rear legs. As long as we
keep her weight down under 10 lbs, she's fine (she's at 8 lbs & 8 ozs right
now), but if she porks up, she has problems - limping, and her knees will
pop at times.

jmc
October 12th 05, 06:51 AM
Suddenly, without warning, Magic Mood JeepŠ exclaimed (12-Oct-05 1:02 AM):
> jmc wrote:
>
>>Suddenly, without warning, Sandor exclaimed (11-Oct-05 6:37 PM):
>>
>>>We would like to inform you about a case of diagnosed genotypical
>>>Patellar Luxation in the Netherlands, concerning an Abyssian (n var).
>>>It is diagnosed at two different veterinarian (with x-ray).
>>>
>>>The name of this cat is Over-Nite Sensation's Snoozer (male, born 5
>>>Oct 2003). His father is Clarion's Saranac. His mother is Cudjing
>>>Merah's Daya.
>>>We can provide you with a pedigree, or you can have a look at E.R.O.S
>>>(http://www.somali.asso.fr/eros/)
>>>
>>>Further we will appreciate any information about his bloodline.
>>>
>>>Kind Regards,
>>>Karin en Sandor
>>>

>>I'm sorry, but I guess I don't quite understand the purpose of this
>>post, besides looking for this cat's pedigree.
>>
>>My cat also has luxating patellas, both hind legs. As long as I keep
>>her in good nick, she has no real problem with them. She had an issue
>>once when she launched herself from my shoulder in a panic, must have
>>landed wrong & strained something. That's when we discovered she had
>>this problem.
>>
>>jmc
>

> I too have a cat with luxating patellas in both rear legs. As long as we
> keep her weight down under 10 lbs, she's fine (she's at 8 lbs & 8 ozs right
> now), but if she porks up, she has problems - limping, and her knees will
> pop at times.

Yea, we do the same. She'll still have to stretch each leg out after
sitting a bit, but other than that, she seems unbothered. We do have
her on Glucosamine, both for her cystitis, and to hopefully stave off
the (apparently nearly inevitable, per the vet) arthritis in those joints.

jmc

Sandor
October 12th 05, 11:42 AM
The only purpose is to inform breeders and other's who are interested.
Because it is genotypical, it is recommended to investigate his
bloodlines first. Perhaps this will prevent ABY kittens starting their
life with PL.