PDA

View Full Version : Cat Cruelty - sorry, using rpchb as a support group again...

Brian Link
October 13th 05, 06:13 AM
Well, now I know why my son's always been indifferent towards cats.

A couple days ago, he told my wife about a time he was visiting her
folks in rural Indiana as a toddler. A cousin showed him a kitten and
got him really interested in it. Then he tossed it to a pair of dogs
that killed it.

That was about 14 years ago, and he bawled telling her about it.

Now, I saw our cat Tom get killed by dogs around the same time. It's
horrible, but I've learned to live with it. This is just terrible
though. I can't stop thinking about it.

This also explains why he was so adament about adopting a kitten from
there the next year.

Gah. How can people be so inhumane? Can't friggin stand it.

BLink

-L.
October 13th 05, 06:21 AM
Brian Link wrote:
> Well, now I know why my son's always been indifferent towards cats.
>
> A couple days ago, he told my wife about a time he was visiting her
> folks in rural Indiana as a toddler. A cousin showed him a kitten and
> got him really interested in it. Then he tossed it to a pair of dogs
> that killed it.
>
> That was about 14 years ago, and he bawled telling her about it.
>
> Now, I saw our cat Tom get killed by dogs around the same time. It's
> horrible, but I've learned to live with it. This is just terrible
> though. I can't stop thinking about it.
>
> This also explains why he was so adament about adopting a kitten from
> there the next year.
>
> Gah. How can people be so inhumane? Can't friggin stand it.
>
> BLink

It's just ****ing sick. Not only did the asshole torture a kitten, he
tortured your son. If some SOB did that to my son, I'd kill them, and
I'm not kidding.

-L.

October 13th 05, 06:24 AM
Brian Link wrote:
> Well, now I know why my son's always been indifferent towards cats.
>
> A couple days ago, he told my wife about a time he was visiting her
> folks in rural Indiana as a toddler. A cousin showed him a kitten and
> got him really interested in it. Then he tossed it to a pair of dogs
> that killed it.
>
> That was about 14 years ago, and he bawled telling her about it.
>
> Now, I saw our cat Tom get killed by dogs around the same time. It's
> horrible, but I've learned to live with it. This is just terrible
> though. I can't stop thinking about it.
>
> This also explains why he was so adament about adopting a kitten from
> there the next year.
>
> Gah. How can people be so inhumane? Can't friggin stand it.
>
> BLink

So what kind of man did the cousin grow up to be?

Brian Link
October 13th 05, 07:50 AM
On 12 Oct 2005 22:21:54 -0700, "-L." > wrote:

>Brian Link wrote:
>> Well, now I know why my son's always been indifferent towards cats.
>>
>> A couple days ago, he told my wife about a time he was visiting her
>> folks in rural Indiana as a toddler. A cousin showed him a kitten and
>> got him really interested in it. Then he tossed it to a pair of dogs
>> that killed it.
>>
>> That was about 14 years ago, and he bawled telling her about it.
>>
>> Now, I saw our cat Tom get killed by dogs around the same time. It's
>> horrible, but I've learned to live with it. This is just terrible
>> though. I can't stop thinking about it.
>>
>> This also explains why he was so adament about adopting a kitten from
>> there the next year.
>>
>> Gah. How can people be so inhumane? Can't friggin stand it.
>>
>> BLink
>
>It's just ****ing sick. Not only did the asshole torture a kitten, he
>tortured your son. If some SOB did that to my son, I'd kill them, and
>I'm not kidding.
>
>-L.

Believe me, I've had long fantasies about exposing this ******* in
front of my wife's otherwise kind family. But what does it solve? That
kitten's dead - along with untold other anonymous farm cats he decided
to torture and kill. There is a definite mindset among some folks that
I've seen first hand - cats are vermin. Killing them is sport. As I've
learned from my friendship with a little squirrel in my front yard,
people draw a line at some level of evolutionary development - thought
they're devoted to their dog, or pet bird, or cat, the squirrel must
be killed. Move the register up a few notches.. then the dog is good,
the cat is vermin.. move it up some more, and you're in southeast asia
where dogs and cats are food.

I think it's my problem - I'm a friggin liberal who loves mammals -
and wishes they could all live happily with us.

How do we deal with folks with different viewpoints? Cats as food -
cats as vermin - bah.

Unfortunately, to answer sriddle's post, the cousin is now a farmer
and could kick my ass without breaking a sweat. I SO want to confront
him about this though.

My son is completely open with us. He's shared secrets that most teens
hide because he trusts us. That he waited so long for this confession
is a testament to how deeply this affected him.

The only thing I console myself with is that he talked us into
adopting one of those farm kittens - he saved one.

So damn sad. And of course I'm the insomniac and can't talk to anyone
about it now that it's friggin killing me at 2 am CST. ****.

BLink

-L.
October 13th 05, 08:41 AM
Brian Link wrote:

> Believe me, I've had long fantasies about exposing this ******* in
> front of my wife's otherwise kind family. But what does it solve? That
> kitten's dead - along with untold other anonymous farm cats he decided
> to torture and kill. There is a definite mindset among some folks that
> I've seen first hand - cats are vermin. Killing them is sport. As I've
> learned from my friendship with a little squirrel in my front yard,
> people draw a line at some level of evolutionary development - thought
> they're devoted to their dog, or pet bird, or cat, the squirrel must
> be killed. Move the register up a few notches.. then the dog is good,
> the cat is vermin.. move it up some more, and you're in southeast asia
> where dogs and cats are food.
>
> I think it's my problem - I'm a friggin liberal who loves mammals -
> and wishes they could all live happily with us.
>
> How do we deal with folks with different viewpoints? Cats as food -
> cats as vermin - bah.
>
> Unfortunately, to answer sriddle's post, the cousin is now a farmer
> and could kick my ass without breaking a sweat. I SO want to confront
> him about this though.
>
> My son is completely open with us. He's shared secrets that most teens
> hide because he trusts us. That he waited so long for this confession
> is a testament to how deeply this affected him.

No doubt. It will stay with him forever.

> The only thing I console myself with is that he talked us into
> adopting one of those farm kittens - he saved one.
>
> So damn sad. And of course I'm the insomniac and can't talk to anyone
> about it now that it's friggin killing me at 2 am CST. ****.

I'd be really tempted to talk to the cousin and tell him how his
actions really affected your son. I would approach it as "I know you
don't think this is a big deal, but it really affected our son, and
this is why." He may never "get it" but he will know you don't think
it's cool, and he will know he hurt your son. THAT, I think, is
important. Maybe the asshole will think twice before pulling that kind
of crap in front of little kids again.

I hate this kind of **** too. It kills me.

-L.

-L.
October 13th 05, 08:41 AM
Brian Link wrote:

> Believe me, I've had long fantasies about exposing this ******* in
> front of my wife's otherwise kind family. But what does it solve? That
> kitten's dead - along with untold other anonymous farm cats he decided
> to torture and kill. There is a definite mindset among some folks that
> I've seen first hand - cats are vermin. Killing them is sport. As I've
> learned from my friendship with a little squirrel in my front yard,
> people draw a line at some level of evolutionary development - thought
> they're devoted to their dog, or pet bird, or cat, the squirrel must
> be killed. Move the register up a few notches.. then the dog is good,
> the cat is vermin.. move it up some more, and you're in southeast asia
> where dogs and cats are food.
>
> I think it's my problem - I'm a friggin liberal who loves mammals -
> and wishes they could all live happily with us.
>
> How do we deal with folks with different viewpoints? Cats as food -
> cats as vermin - bah.
>
> Unfortunately, to answer sriddle's post, the cousin is now a farmer
> and could kick my ass without breaking a sweat. I SO want to confront
> him about this though.
>
> My son is completely open with us. He's shared secrets that most teens
> hide because he trusts us. That he waited so long for this confession
> is a testament to how deeply this affected him.

No doubt. It will stay with him forever.

> The only thing I console myself with is that he talked us into
> adopting one of those farm kittens - he saved one.
>
> So damn sad. And of course I'm the insomniac and can't talk to anyone
> about it now that it's friggin killing me at 2 am CST. ****.

I'd be really tempted to talk to the cousin and tell him how his
actions really affected your son. I would approach it as "I know you
don't think this is a big deal, but it really affected our son, and
this is why." He may never "get it" but he will know you don't think
it's cool, and he will know he hurt your son. THAT, I think, is
important. Maybe the asshole will think twice before pulling that kind
of crap in front of little kids again.

I hate this kind of **** too. It kills me.

-L.

dgk
October 13th 05, 02:04 PM
On 12 Oct 2005 22:24:47 -0700, wrote:

>Brian Link wrote:
>> Well, now I know why my son's always been indifferent towards cats.
>>
>> A couple days ago, he told my wife about a time he was visiting her
>> folks in rural Indiana as a toddler. A cousin showed him a kitten and
>> got him really interested in it. Then he tossed it to a pair of dogs
>> that killed it.
>>
>> That was about 14 years ago, and he bawled telling her about it.
>>
>> Now, I saw our cat Tom get killed by dogs around the same time. It's
>> horrible, but I've learned to live with it. This is just terrible
>> though. I can't stop thinking about it.
>>
>> This also explains why he was so adament about adopting a kitten from
>> there the next year.
>>
>> Gah. How can people be so inhumane? Can't friggin stand it.
>>
>> BLink
>
>So what kind of man did the cousin grow up to be?

Most likely a serial murderer. Folks who torture animals are just
sick. If I need to kill something, like a roach, I just kill it, not
torture it. But I open up screens to let flies out of my house if they
manage to end up inside rather than kill them.

October 13th 05, 02:17 PM
Brian Link wrote:
> On 12 Oct 2005 22:21:54 -0700, "-L." > wrote:
>

> >Brian Link wrote:
> >> Well, now I know why my son's always been indifferent towards cats.
> >>
> >> A couple days ago, he told my wife about a time he was visiting her
> >> folks in rural Indiana as a toddler. A cousin showed him a kitten and
> >> got him really interested in it. Then he tossed it to a pair of dogs
> >> that killed it.
> >>
> >> That was about 14 years ago, and he bawled telling her about it.
> >>
> >> Now, I saw our cat Tom get killed by dogs around the same time. It's
> >> horrible, but I've learned to live with it. This is just terrible
> >> though. I can't stop thinking about it.
> >>
> >> This also explains why he was so adament about adopting a kitten from
> >> there the next year.
> >>
> >> Gah. How can people be so inhumane? Can't friggin stand it.
> >>
> >> BLink
> >
> >It's just ****ing sick. Not only did the asshole torture a kitten, he
> >tortured your son. If some SOB did that to my son, I'd kill them, and
> >I'm not kidding.
> >
> >-L.
>
> Believe me, I've had long fantasies about exposing this ******* in
> front of my wife's otherwise kind family. But what does it solve? That
> kitten's dead - along with untold other anonymous farm cats he decided
> to torture and kill. There is a definite mindset among some folks that
> I've seen first hand - cats are vermin. Killing them is sport. As I've
> learned from my friendship with a little squirrel in my front yard,
> people draw a line at some level of evolutionary development - thought
> they're devoted to their dog, or pet bird, or cat, the squirrel must
> be killed. Move the register up a few notches.. then the dog is good,
> the cat is vermin.. move it up some more, and you're in southeast asia
> where dogs and cats are food.
>
> I think it's my problem - I'm a friggin liberal who loves mammals -
> and wishes they could all live happily with us.
>
> How do we deal with folks with different viewpoints? Cats as food -
> cats as vermin - bah.
>
> Unfortunately, to answer sriddle's post, the cousin is now a farmer
> and could kick my ass without breaking a sweat. I SO want to confront
> him about this though.
>
> My son is completely open with us. He's shared secrets that most teens
> hide because he trusts us. That he waited so long for this confession
> is a testament to how deeply this affected him.
>
> The only thing I console myself with is that he talked us into
> adopting one of those farm kittens - he saved one.
>
> So damn sad. And of course I'm the insomniac and can't talk to anyone
> about it now that it's friggin killing me at 2 am CST. ****.
>
> BLink

I know no-one will agree with me, but I have to say it anyway. I am a
vegetarian (gasp), and I love cats, but can see no difference towards
eating cats and dogs and other animals. I just don't get it. I first
started to question things when I went to feed the ducks in our local
park, then guess what mum had made for dinner that night? I see all
animals the same, whether they're pets or domesticated or not. It's so
easy these days to buy a piece of meat, fish etc, frozen and packaged,
and forget where it actually comes from.

Rant over

Marcia

Lorraine
October 13th 05, 02:17 PM
On Thu, 13 Oct 2005 01:50:09 -0500, Brian Link > wrote:

>Unfortunately, to answer sriddle's post, the cousin is now a farmer
>and could kick my ass without breaking a sweat. I SO want to confront
>him about this though.

More deadlifts and squats, and bag work on the off days?

HTH
Lorraine

October 13th 05, 04:51 PM
Lorraine > wrote:

>On Thu, 13 Oct 2005 01:50:09 -0500, Brian Link > wrote:
>
>>Unfortunately, to answer sriddle's post, the cousin is now a farmer
>>and could kick my ass without breaking a sweat. I SO want to confront
>>him about this though.
>
>More deadlifts and squats, and bag work on the off days?
>
>HTH
>Lorraine

More important to get your speed up and improve your balance. Then
take out his kneecap if he steps too close.

-mhd

-L.
October 13th 05, 05:48 PM
wrote:
> I know no-one will agree with me, but I have to say it anyway. I am a
> vegetarian (gasp), and I love cats, but can see no difference towards
> eating cats and dogs and other animals. I just don't get it. I first
> started to question things when I went to feed the ducks in our local
> park, then guess what mum had made for dinner that night? I see all
> animals the same, whether they're pets or domesticated or not. It's so
> easy these days to buy a piece of meat, fish etc, frozen and packaged,
> and forget where it actually comes from.
>
> Rant over
>
> Marcia

I agree and I'm not veg. Cultural differences are just that - cultural
differences. It's the treatment of the animals that concerns me more
than anything else. I just wish that they were all humanely raised and
slaughtered. Most aren't.

-L.

mlbriggs
October 13th 05, 06:42 PM
On Thu, 13 Oct 2005 09:04:11 -0400, dgk wrote:

> On 12 Oct 2005 22:24:47 -0700, wrote:
>

>>Brian Link wrote:
>>> Well, now I know why my son's always been indifferent towards cats.
>>>
>>> A couple days ago, he told my wife about a time he was visiting her
>>> folks in rural Indiana as a toddler. A cousin showed him a kitten and
>>> got him really interested in it. Then he tossed it to a pair of dogs
>>> that killed it.
>>>
>>> That was about 14 years ago, and he bawled telling her about it.
>>>
>>> Now, I saw our cat Tom get killed by dogs around the same time. It's
>>> horrible, but I've learned to live with it. This is just terrible
>>> though. I can't stop thinking about it.
>>>
>>> This also explains why he was so adament about adopting a kitten from
>>> there the next year.
>>>
>>> Gah. How can people be so inhumane? Can't friggin stand it.
>>>
>>> BLink
>>
>>So what kind of man did the cousin grow up to be?
>
> Most likely a serial murderer. Folks who torture animals are just sick. If
> I need to kill something, like a roach, I just kill it, not torture it.
> But I open up screens to let flies out of my house if they manage to end
> up inside rather than kill them.

Re: Flies. If you close off all light sources except one to the outside,
the fly will go to that light source. Then open the door/window and it
will fly out. This is much easier than running around with a swatter
trying to kill it (which is also messy). This is not an humane act on my
part -- I HATE flies and wish them extinct. MLB

October 14th 05, 12:38 AM
wrote:
> I know no-one will agree with me, but I have to say it anyway. I am a
> vegetarian (gasp), and I love cats, but can see no difference towards
> eating cats and dogs and other animals. I just don't get it. I first
> started to question things when I went to feed the ducks in our local
> park, then guess what mum had made for dinner that night? I see all
> animals the same, whether they're pets or domesticated or not. It's so
> easy these days to buy a piece of meat, fish etc, frozen and packaged,
> and forget where it actually comes from.
>
> Rant over
>
> Marcia

That's true--we *do* forget where it comes from. Our meat is nice and
clean and shrinkwrapped, and in no way resembles whatever it was when
it was walking/flying/swimming around.
Someone told me once if I spent one day on the killing floor of a
slaughterhouse, I'd be an instant vegetarian. That's probably true.

Sherry

Snittens
October 14th 05, 03:56 AM
"Brian Link" > wrote in message
> Well, now I know why my son's always been indifferent towards cats.
>
> A couple days ago, he told my wife about a time he was visiting her
> folks in rural Indiana as a toddler. A cousin showed him a kitten and
> got him really interested in it. Then he tossed it to a pair of dogs
> that killed it.
>
> That was about 14 years ago, and he bawled telling her about it.
>
> Now, I saw our cat Tom get killed by dogs around the same time. It's
> horrible, but I've learned to live with it. This is just terrible
> though. I can't stop thinking about it.
>
> This also explains why he was so adament about adopting a kitten from
> there the next year.
>
> Gah. How can people be so inhumane? Can't friggin stand it.
>
> BLink

That cousin has something seriously wrong with him. Being rural and seeing
cats as vermin is no excuse. I think rats are vermin, but I don't torture
them to death. Anyone who tortures an animal is sick. I'm sorry you son
had to witness that.

-Kelly

IBen Getiner
October 14th 05, 09:33 AM
Brian Link wrote:
> Well, now I know why my son's always been indifferent towards cats.
>
> A couple days ago, he told my wife about a time he was visiting her
> folks in rural Indiana as a toddler. A cousin showed him a kitten and
> got him really interested in it. Then he tossed it to a pair of dogs
> that killed it.
>
> That was about 14 years ago, and he bawled telling her about it.
>
> Now, I saw our cat Tom get killed by dogs around the same time. It's
> horrible, but I've learned to live with it. This is just terrible
> though. I can't stop thinking about it.
>
> This also explains why he was so adament about adopting a kitten from
> there the next year.
>
> Gah. How can people be so inhumane? Can't friggin stand it.
>
> BLink

You are a feminized moron, dude... That or a screwy woman in desperate
need of the proper hormonal balance. Get a friggin' life... There's a
REAL world out there that you could be participating in...

IBen

-L.
October 14th 05, 09:33 AM
Snittens wrote:

> That cousin has something seriously wrong with him.

Seriously. The boy's ploidy ain't right.

-L.

Lorraine
October 14th 05, 02:05 PM
On Thu, 13 Oct 2005 11:51:54 -0400,
wrote:

>More important to get your speed up and improve your balance. Then
>take out his kneecap if he steps too close.

I was thinking that Brian was a powerlifter, but yeah, your way might
work better.

L.

cybercat
October 14th 05, 05:26 PM
"Lorraine" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 13 Oct 2005 11:51:54 -0400,
> wrote:
>
> >More important to get your speed up and improve your balance. Then
> >take out his kneecap if he steps too close.
>
> I was thinking that Brian was a powerlifter, but yeah, your way might
> work better.

I see. You're thinking a pint instead of a mug? 16 oz instead of 12, maybe?

October 14th 05, 07:45 PM
-L. wrote:
> wrote:
> > I know no-one will agree with me, but I have to say it anyway. I am a
> > vegetarian (gasp), and I love cats, but can see no difference towards
> > eating cats and dogs and other animals. I just don't get it. I first
> > started to question things when I went to feed the ducks in our local
> > park, then guess what mum had made for dinner that night? I see all
> > animals the same, whether they're pets or domesticated or not. It's so
> > easy these days to buy a piece of meat, fish etc, frozen and packaged,
> > and forget where it actually comes from.
> >
> > Rant over
> >
> > Marcia
>
> I agree and I'm not veg. Cultural differences are just that - cultural
> differences. It's the treatment of the animals that concerns me more
> than anything else. I just wish that they were all humanely raised and
> slaughtered. Most aren't.
>
> -L.

That's the main reason I went veggie, cos I'm against the factory
farming side of things, I've seen some really gross outrageous films of
the way animals are treated, with no compassion at all. If an animal
could die of old age I would eat it (I know, I know it would taste
disgusting so I won't). I don't even buy leather anymore, couldn't
justify it as I wasn't eating beef. I'm a hypocrite though, as I
should really be a vegan as I'm told dairy farming is cruel too, and I
can't be 100% sure that my "free range" eggs really are that kind,
sigh, one day I'll do it.

IBen Getiner
October 15th 05, 08:15 AM
wrote:
> -L. wrote:
> > wrote:
> > > I know no-one will agree with me, but I have to say it anyway. I am a
> > > vegetarian (gasp), and I love cats, but can see no difference towards
> > > eating cats and dogs and other animals. I just don't get it. I first
> > > started to question things when I went to feed the ducks in our local
> > > park, then guess what mum had made for dinner that night? I see all
> > > animals the same, whether they're pets or domesticated or not. It's so
> > > easy these days to buy a piece of meat, fish etc, frozen and packaged,
> > > and forget where it actually comes from.
> > >
> > > Rant over
> > >
> > > Marcia
> >
> > I agree and I'm not veg. Cultural differences are just that - cultural
> > differences. It's the treatment of the animals that concerns me more
> > than anything else. I just wish that they were all humanely raised and
> > slaughtered. Most aren't.
> >
> > -L.
>
> That's the main reason I went veggie, cos I'm against the factory
> farming side of things, I've seen some really gross outrageous films of
> the way animals are treated, with no compassion at all. If an animal
> could die of old age I would eat it (I know, I know it would taste
> disgusting so I won't). I don't even buy leather anymore, couldn't
> justify it as I wasn't eating beef. I'm a hypocrite though, as I
> should really be a vegan as I'm told dairy farming is cruel too, and I
> can't be 100% sure that my "free range" eggs really are that kind,
> sigh, one day I'll do it.

IOW: "I'm a bleeding heart, knee-jerk NUT-CASE"

Brian Link
October 16th 05, 01:29 AM
On Fri, 14 Oct 2005 08:05:54 -0500, Lorraine
> wrote:

>On Thu, 13 Oct 2005 11:51:54 -0400,
>wrote:
>
>>More important to get your speed up and improve your balance. Then
>>take out his kneecap if he steps too close.
>
>I was thinking that Brian was a powerlifter, but yeah, your way might
>work better.
>
>L.

Heh - not a powerlifter, I just like lifting heavy pieces of metal.
Even if I was, a 40+ year old with gym work is still no match for a 20
year old farm-hand.

No, as I mentioned before, his family is pretty reasonable. Gonna see
a couple of them on a visit in a few weeks, and I'll bring it up.

As someone else mentioned, I also thought about the "serial killer
getting his start torturing animals". This kid needs help. My son is
helped by getting it off his chest.

BLink

Brian Link
October 16th 05, 01:30 AM
On Fri, 14 Oct 2005 12:26:35 -0400, "cybercat" >
wrote:

>"Lorraine" > wrote in message
>> On Thu, 13 Oct 2005 11:51:54 -0400,
>> wrote:
>>
>> >More important to get your speed up and improve your balance. Then
>> >take out his kneecap if he steps too close.
>>
>> I was thinking that Brian was a powerlifter, but yeah, your way might
>> work better.
>>

>I see. You're thinking a pint instead of a mug? 16 oz instead of 12, maybe?

Where'd this booze thing come from? A remnant of the Mary wars? How
odd.

BLink

Lorraine
October 16th 05, 11:16 AM
On Sat, 15 Oct 2005 19:29:43 -0500, Brian Link > wrote:

>Heh - not a powerlifter, I just like lifting heavy pieces of metal.
>Even if I was, a 40+ year old with gym work is still no match for a 20
>year old farm-hand.

I thought you had actually done a meet or two. I haven't been lurking
around MFW for over a year, so I'm probably confused.

L.

Brian Link
October 17th 05, 05:37 AM
On Sun, 16 Oct 2005 05:16:12 -0500, Lorraine
> wrote:

>On Sat, 15 Oct 2005 19:29:43 -0500, Brian Link > wrote:
>
>>Heh - not a powerlifter, I just like lifting heavy pieces of metal.
>>Even if I was, a 40+ year old with gym work is still no match for a 20
>>year old farm-hand.
>
>I thought you had actually done a meet or two. I haven't been lurking
>around MFW for over a year, so I'm probably confused.
>
>L.

Na, I'm the old fart who hit 40 completely out of shape, and used
resistance training to regain a semblance of health.

Started out 180 lbs @ 24% bodyfat, made it to 200 lbs @ 10% bodyfat. I
wear smaller pants, but couldn't fight my way out of a paper bag,
unless I got the guy on the ground.

Though the thought of getting this little ****er in choke-hold is
really appealing, it wouldn't solve anything.

BLink

October 17th 05, 11:55 PM
IBen Getiner wrote:
> wrote:
> > -L. wrote:

> > > I agree and I'm not veg. Cultural differences are just that - cultural
> > > differences. It's the treatment of the animals that concerns me more
> > > than anything else. I just wish that they were all humanely raised and
> > > slaughtered. Most aren't.
> > >
> > > -L.
> >
> > That's the main reason I went veggie, cos I'm against the factory
> > farming side of things, I've seen some really gross outrageous films of
> > the way animals are treated, with no compassion at all. If an animal
> > could die of old age I would eat it (I know, I know it would taste
> > disgusting so I won't). I don't even buy leather anymore, couldn't
> > justify it as I wasn't eating beef. I'm a hypocrite though, as I
> > should really be a vegan as I'm told dairy farming is cruel too, and I
> > can't be 100% sure that my "free range" eggs really are that kind,
> > sigh, one day I'll do it.
>
> IOW: "I'm a bleeding heart, knee-jerk NUT-CASE"

Awww, have I hit the feeling guilty must attack nerve?

IBen Getiner
October 18th 05, 05:42 AM
wrote:
> IBen Getiner wrote:
> > wrote:

> > > That's the main reason I went veggie, cos I'm against the factory
> > > farming side of things, I've seen some really gross outrageous films of
> > > the way animals are treated, with no compassion at all. If an animal
> > > could die of old age I would eat it (I know, I know it would taste
> > > disgusting so I won't). I don't even buy leather anymore, couldn't
> > > justify it as I wasn't eating beef. I'm a hypocrite though, as I
> > > should really be a vegan as I'm told dairy farming is cruel too, and I
> > > can't be 100% sure that my "free range" eggs really are that kind,
> > > sigh, one day I'll do it.
> >
> > IOW: "I'm a bleeding heart, knee-jerk NUT-CASE"
>
> Awww, have I hit the feeling guilty must attack nerve?

You give youR puny pitiful little intellect far to much credit, dear...
What you hit was the 'stand there and shake your head and laugh at the
FREAK' nerve.
LOL...!!

Hahhh...! Hahhh....!! Heeeeee..!!! Haaaaaa!! LOL..!!!

IBen Getiner
October 18th 05, 12:09 PM
wrote:
> IBen Getiner wrote:
> > wrote:

> > > That's the main reason I went veggie, cos I'm against the factory
> > > farming side of things, I've seen some really gross outrageous films of
> > > the way animals are treated, with no compassion at all. If an animal
> > > could die of old age I would eat it (I know, I know it would taste
> > > disgusting so I won't). I don't even buy leather anymore, couldn't
> > > justify it as I wasn't eating beef. I'm a hypocrite though, as I
> > > should really be a vegan as I'm told dairy farming is cruel too, and I
> > > can't be 100% sure that my "free range" eggs really are that kind,
> > > sigh, one day I'll do it.
> >
> > IOW: "I'm a bleeding heart, knee-jerk NUT-CASE"
>
> Awww, have I hit the feeling guilty must attack nerve?

You give your puny, pitiful little intellect far too much credit,