PDA

View Full Version : Poorly cat..please help

karenpar
October 13th 05, 11:30 AM
I have a lovely 7 yr old cat named yogi who looks exactly like felix, but over the past few days everytime i come home and let him in he just lies on the floor and his back legs go, this happens for about 15mins then he is okay. But he seems to just want to lie around and sleep a lot more. Its awful as he does not know whats happening. I have felt his back legs, and it seems a bit sore at the top near his bottom. Due to work i have not been able to get the vet yet...can anyone help?

Wendy
October 13th 05, 01:09 PM
"karenpar" > wrote in message

> I have a lovely 7 yr old cat named yogi who looks exactly like felix,
> but over the past few days everytime i come home and let him in he just
> lies on the floor and his back legs go, this happens for about 15mins
> then he is okay. But he seems to just want to lie around and sleep a
> lot more. Its awful as he does not know whats happening. I have felt
> his back legs, and it seems a bit sore at the top near his bottom. Due
> to work i have not been able to get the vet yet...can anyone help?
>

> --
> karenpar

Take the cat to the vet. If your vet doesn't have convenient hours find
another vet who does.

October 13th 05, 01:30 PM
"karenpar" > wrote in message

> I have a lovely 7 yr old cat named yogi who looks exactly like felix,
> but over the past few days everytime i come home and let him in he just
> lies on the floor and his back legs go, this happens for about 15mins
> then he is okay. But he seems to just want to lie around and sleep a
> lot more. Its awful as he does not know whats happening. I have felt
> his back legs, and it seems a bit sore at the top near his bottom. Due
> to work i have not been able to get the vet yet...can anyone help?

You know this is serious and that you have to take him to the vet.
Please take him today, if you love him.

Gail
October 13th 05, 02:43 PM
He needs to see a vet ASAP.
Gail
"karenpar" > wrote in message

> I have a lovely 7 yr old cat named yogi who looks exactly like felix,
> but over the past few days everytime i come home and let him in he just
> lies on the floor and his back legs go, this happens for about 15mins
> then he is okay. But he seems to just want to lie around and sleep a
> lot more. Its awful as he does not know whats happening. I have felt
> his back legs, and it seems a bit sore at the top near his bottom. Due
> to work i have not been able to get the vet yet...can anyone help?
>

> --
> karenpar

.oO rach Oo.
October 13th 05, 10:04 PM
Regardless of your work schedule, get the cat to a vet. There is no way any
of us can diagnose the cat from here nor help it which is what it needs. Get
out of work how you can ... lie, cheat, steal, call in sick. Whatever you
have to do. If you were in the same situation as the cat, would you ignore
going to the doctor?

--
..oO rach Oo.

"karenpar" > wrote in message

> I have a lovely 7 yr old cat named yogi who looks exactly like felix,
> but over the past few days everytime i come home and let him in he just
> lies on the floor and his back legs go, this happens for about 15mins
> then he is okay. But he seems to just want to lie around and sleep a
> lot more. Its awful as he does not know whats happening. I have felt
> his back legs, and it seems a bit sore at the top near his bottom. Due
> to work i have not been able to get the vet yet...can anyone help?
>

> --
> karenpar

Paul M. Cook
October 14th 05, 12:15 AM
".oO rach Oo." > wrote in message
.. .
> Regardless of your work schedule, get the cat to a vet. There is no way
any
> of us can diagnose the cat from here nor help it which is what it needs.
Get
> out of work how you can ... lie, cheat, steal, call in sick. Whatever you
> have to do. If you were in the same situation as the cat, would you ignore
> going to the doctor?

Work schedules are no excuse. Any vet will let you bring your cat in and
leave it during the day. Mine is open at 7am just for this reason.

Paul

Joe Canuck
October 14th 05, 12:24 AM
Paul M. Cook wrote:

> ".oO rach Oo." > wrote in message
> .. .
>
>>Regardless of your work schedule, get the cat to a vet. There is no way
>
> any
>
>>of us can diagnose the cat from here nor help it which is what it needs.
>
> Get
>
>>out of work how you can ... lie, cheat, steal, call in sick. Whatever you
>>have to do. If you were in the same situation as the cat, would you ignore
>>going to the doctor?
>

> Work schedules are no excuse. Any vet will let you bring your cat in and
> leave it during the day. Mine is open at 7am just for this reason.
>
> Paul

What if one starts work at 7am?

5cats
October 14th 05, 12:35 AM
Joe Canuck wrote:

> Paul M. Cook wrote:
>
>> ".oO rach Oo." > wrote in
>> message .. .
>>
>>>Regardless of your work schedule, get the cat to a vet. There is no
>>>way
>>
>> any
>>
>>>of us can diagnose the cat from here nor help it which is what it
>>>needs.
>>
>> Get
>>
>>>out of work how you can ... lie, cheat, steal, call in sick. Whatever
>>>you have to do. If you were in the same situation as the cat, would
>>>you ignore going to the doctor?
>>

>> Work schedules are no excuse. Any vet will let you bring your cat in
>> and leave it during the day. Mine is open at 7am just for this
>> reason.
>>
>> Paul
>>

> What if one starts work at 7am?

Then it's likely you can make an appointment for late afternoon/early
evening.

Sometimes I've told the people at work that I had to leave an hour early
to get to a doctor's appointment -- I just didn't tell them what type of
doctor (DVM) the appointment was with.

Paul M. Cook
October 14th 05, 12:38 AM
"Joe Canuck" > wrote in message
> Paul M. Cook wrote:
>
> > ".oO rach Oo." > wrote in
message
> > .. .
> >
> >>Regardless of your work schedule, get the cat to a vet. There is no way
> >
> > any
> >
> >>of us can diagnose the cat from here nor help it which is what it needs.
> >
> > Get
> >
> >>out of work how you can ... lie, cheat, steal, call in sick. Whatever
you
> >>have to do. If you were in the same situation as the cat, would you
ignore
> >>going to the doctor?
> >

> > Work schedules are no excuse. Any vet will let you bring your cat in
and
> > leave it during the day. Mine is open at 7am just for this reason.
> >
> > Paul
> >

> What if one starts work at 7am?

Then they go home on their lunch hour. They leave the cat at night. They
have a friend or relative take the cat. They go to a 24 hour emergency vet.

Paul

Joe Canuck
October 14th 05, 01:09 AM
5cats wrote:

> Joe Canuck wrote:
>

>>Paul M. Cook wrote:
>>

>>>".oO rach Oo." > wrote in
>>>message .. .

>>>any

>>>Get

>>>Work schedules are no excuse. Any vet will let you bring your cat in
>>>and leave it during the day. Mine is open at 7am just for this
>>>reason.
>>>
>>>Paul
>>>

>>What if one starts work at 7am?
>>

> Then it's likely you can make an appointment for late afternoon/early
> evening.
>
> Sometimes I've told the people at work that I had to leave an hour early
> to get to a doctor's appointment -- I just didn't tell them what type of
> doctor (DVM) the appointment was with.

One place I worked at, a well known computer company, insisted that any
medical appointments be deducted from vacation time.

Karen
October 14th 05, 01:48 AM
On 2005-10-13 19:09:38 -0500, Joe Canuck > said:

> 5cats wrote:
>
>> Joe Canuck wrote:

>>> What if one starts work at 7am?
>>>

>> Then it's likely you can make an appointment for late afternoon/early evening.
>> Sometimes I've told the people at work that I had to leave an hour
>> early to get to a doctor's appointment -- I just didn't tell them what
>> type of doctor (DVM) the appointment was with.
>>

> One place I worked at, a well known computer company, insisted that any
> medical appointments be deducted from vacation time.

So? I have to do that.

Wendy
October 14th 05, 02:42 AM
"Joe Canuck" > wrote in message
> 5cats wrote:
>
>> Joe Canuck wrote:

>>>What if one starts work at 7am?
>>>

>> Then it's likely you can make an appointment for late afternoon/early
>> evening. Sometimes I've told the people at work that I had to leave an
>> hour early to get to a doctor's appointment -- I just didn't tell them
>> what type of doctor (DVM) the appointment was with.
>
> One place I worked at, a well known computer company, insisted that any
> medical appointments be deducted from vacation time.

Like I said if the OP's vet isn't open any hours that are convenient try a
different vet. It doesn't sound like something I'd just let go.

Joe Canuck
October 14th 05, 02:43 AM
Karen wrote:

> On 2005-10-13 19:09:38 -0500, Joe Canuck >
> said:
>
>> 5cats wrote:

>>> Then it's likely you can make an appointment for late afternoon/early
>>> evening.
>>> Sometimes I've told the people at work that I had to leave an hour
>>> early to get to a doctor's appointment -- I just didn't tell them
>>> what type of doctor (DVM) the appointment was with.
>>>

>> One place I worked at, a well known computer company, insisted that
>> any medical appointments be deducted from vacation time.
>

> So? I have to do that.

So, it makes it very difficult to book appointments with medical
professionals that do not have working hours outside the norm.

Karen
October 14th 05, 05:32 AM
On 2005-10-13 20:43:26 -0500, Joe Canuck > said:

> Karen wrote:

>>> One place I worked at, a well known computer company, insisted that any
>>> medical appointments be deducted from vacation time.
>>

>> So? I have to do that.
>
> So, it makes it very difficult to book appointments with medical
> professionals that do not have working hours outside the norm.

No, it means you take a damn hour or two of vacation time to go to the vet.

karenpar
October 14th 05, 12:10 PM

On 2005-10-13 19:09:38 -0500, Joe Canuck said:

5cats wrote:

Joe Canuck wrote:

Paul M. Cook wrote:

".oO rach Oo." wrote in
message .. .

[...]

Unfortunatley for me i work an hour away from my vets and they only open for 2 hours in the morning and 2 hours in the afternoon. I have managed to get out of work on mon so he is going to the vet then.