PDA

View Full Version : 3 week old kitten threw up, won't eat

sjuhawks19
October 17th 05, 04:35 PM
I rescued a 3 week old kitten and have had her here for 3 nights (she was checked by a vet last week and he said she was ok other than a slight eye problem and ring worm on her foot). I've been bottle feeding her kitten formula milk every day, every 5-6 hours. Last night during the night she threw up and this morning will not eat anything. Normally she goes right for the bottle, but she won't eat anything now. I am worried, any advice? She is still pretty active and running around though.

Magic Mood JeepŠ
October 17th 05, 09:36 PM
sjuhawks19 wrote:
> I rescued a 3 week old kitten and have had her here for 3 nights (she
> was checked by a vet last week and he said she was ok other than a
> slight eye problem and ring worm on her foot). I've been bottle
> feeding her kitten formula milk every day, every 5-6 hours. Last
> night during the night she threw up and this morning will not eat
> anything. Normally she goes right for the bottle, but she won't eat
> anything now. I am worried, any advice? She is still pretty active
> and running around though.
>

> --
> sjuhawks19

Kittens can crash *FAST*, so please take her to a vet. She could just have
an upset tummy, or it could be something much worse!

Candace
October 18th 05, 02:26 AM
Magic Mood JeepŠ wrote:
> sjuhawks19 wrote:
> > I rescued a 3 week old kitten and have had her here for 3 nights (she
> > was checked by a vet last week and he said she was ok other than a
> > slight eye problem and ring worm on her foot). I've been bottle
> > feeding her kitten formula milk every day, every 5-6 hours. Last
> > night during the night she threw up and this morning will not eat
> > anything. Normally she goes right for the bottle, but she won't eat
> > anything now. I am worried, any advice? She is still pretty active
> > and running around though.
> >

> > --
> > sjuhawks19
>
> Kittens can crash *FAST*, so please take her to a vet. She could just have
> an upset tummy, or it could be something much worse!

Yes, please get her to a vet right away, even if it's an emergency vet.
It's very worrisome in one so young and little.

Candace

sjuhawks19
October 18th 05, 08:43 PM
Magic Mood JeepŠ wrote:
sjuhawks19 wrote:
I rescued a 3 week old kitten and have had her here for 3 nights (she
was checked by a vet last week and he said she was ok other than a
slight eye problem and ring worm on her foot). I've been bottle
feeding her kitten formula milk every day, every 5-6 hours. Last
night during the night she threw up and this morning will not eat
anything. Normally she goes right for the bottle, but she won't eat
anything now. I am worried, any advice? She is still pretty active
and running around though.

--
sjuhawks19

Kittens can crash *FAST*, so please take her to a vet. She could just have
an upset tummy, or it could be something much worse!

Yes, please get her to a vet right away, even if it's an emergency vet.
It's very worrisome in one so young and little.

Candace

I did take her to the vet, she hasn't thrown up since and apparently didn't mind eating there, even though it's the same thing I was feeding her. So I'm picking her up, they kept her overnight for observation, but she seems to be ok. Glad she's ok. Thanks for the help.

Candace
October 19th 05, 04:18 AM
sjuhawks19 wrote:

> I did take her to the vet, she hasn't thrown up since and apparently
> didn't mind eating there, even though it's the same thing I was feeding
> her. So I'm picking her up, they kept her overnight for observation,
> but she seems to be ok. Glad she's ok. Thanks for the help.
>

> --
> sjuhawks19

Great! I'm glad she's okay. I bet she's a little cutie.

Candace