PDA

View Full Version : Kitten ate soap

Mariebmk
October 17th 05, 02:47 PM
Hey all! After I had to put down my cat a bit ago, I realized after a
few days that I didn't deal well without a cat and so headed down to
the humane society to give a kitten a good home. Sadly I had to leave
last night to head to a conference, but my boyfriend is staying with
the kitten. Last night he reported to me that the kitten had jumped on
the counter, knocked over the dish soap, and proceeded to lick some up.
The kitten's mouth foamed for a bit with soap bubbles! He drank some
water, and was acting normal (hyper as heck, but still purring his head
off whenever anyone touches him). . .is there anythign else I need to
worry about? Any effects that could be going on unseen? Thanks!

Beth

Barb
October 17th 05, 05:16 PM
Bet the kitten will be fine. However, don't you have a vet? Always leave
the vet's number with your boyfriend or whoever is pet sitting. A call to
the vet to put your mind at ease.

--
Barb
Of course I don't look busy,

Joe Canuck
October 17th 05, 11:46 PM
Mariebmk wrote:

> Hey all! After I had to put down my cat a bit ago, I realized after a
> few days that I didn't deal well without a cat and so headed down to
> the humane society to give a kitten a good home. Sadly I had to leave
> last night to head to a conference, but my boyfriend is staying with
> the kitten. Last night he reported to me that the kitten had jumped on
> the counter, knocked over the dish soap, and proceeded to lick some up.
> The kitten's mouth foamed for a bit with soap bubbles! He drank some
> water, and was acting normal (hyper as heck, but still purring his head
> off whenever anyone touches him). . .is there anythign else I need to
> worry about? Any effects that could be going on unseen? Thanks!
>
> Beth

Are you free-feeding the kitten?

Mariebmk
October 20th 05, 11:03 PM
Thanks for the advice! He watched him carefully for a few hours, and
then over the next few days. He's completly fine, still as kitten-like
as ever (as I discovered at 6:45 this morning when he jumped into bed
with a toy wanting to play). It always amazes me what kittens manage
to get into!

Rhonda
October 21st 05, 02:38 AM
Mariebmk wrote:

> Thanks for the advice! He watched him carefully for a few hours, and
> then over the next few days. He's completly fine, still as kitten-like
> as ever (as I discovered at 6:45 this morning when he jumped into bed
> with a toy wanting to play). It always amazes me what kittens manage
> to get into!

It is!

I can't believe he washed his own mouth out with soap. He must have said
something he regretted afterwards.

Glad he's fine,

Rhonda