PDA

View Full Version : Kitten Hurt Leg

red
October 18th 05, 06:01 PM
Boots, my 5 month old kitten liked to go outside in the evening to
chase bugs and stuff, he would come in and out about every half hour
with stories to tell. Five days ago he went out and didn't do his
usual in and out, So I went looking for him, even had the neighbor out
of bed opening tool shed. Finally three hours later and me yelling is
name all over the neighborhood, he comes up on the back deck. His
dragging is back leg. There is no open wounds but he appears alittle
in shock. Called Vet to get answering machine, though he did call back
6:30 am next morning. Laid on floor with him and during the night he
started purring and curling up and relaxing. I took Boots in and they
did Xrays, his leg is not broke. The vet put a splint on it for a few
days. Boots eating and personality is still going strong. Yesterday
they took splint off leg, still not using it today, legiment they feel
maybe streched. Has anyone had this happen to there kitty and do they
eventually get to using theleg?

cybercat
October 18th 05, 06:06 PM
"red" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Boots, my 5 month old kitten liked to go outside in the evening to
> chase bugs and stuff, he would come in and out about every half hour
> with stories to tell. Five days ago he went out and didn't do his
> usual in and out, So I went looking for him, even had the neighbor out
> of bed opening tool shed. Finally three hours later and me yelling is
> name all over the neighborhood, he comes up on the back deck. His
> dragging is back leg. There is no open wounds but he appears alittle
> in shock. Called Vet to get answering machine, though he did call back
> 6:30 am next morning. Laid on floor with him and during the night he
> started purring and curling up and relaxing. I took Boots in and they
> did Xrays, his leg is not broke. The vet put a splint on it for a few
> days. Boots eating and personality is still going strong. Yesterday
> they took splint off leg, still not using it today, legiment they feel
> maybe streched. Has anyone had this happen to there kitty and do they
> eventually get to using theleg?

He may have a sprain or "soft tissue injury." These can be so
painful. Have you ever had a sprain? Nothing shows on an
xray, but it still is agony to use the hand/arm/leg you hurt.

In addition they take a long time to heal. I had a badly sprained
hand that took two months to feel normal. I think he may just need
some time to heal. Call your vet and see what he says.