PDA

View Full Version : Maxi's bone growth

Chuck
October 18th 05, 07:47 PM
Update:
3 weeks ago I posted a query regarding a
bone growth on the side of my cat's (Maxi)
head, and got a lot of negative stuff 'cause
some folks here thought it was ultra-serious
(despite my saying that he was very healthy
and active w/a good appetite, etc.) and that
I was putting him in jeopardy because I said
that I didn't have the money to take him to
the vet (I'm retired on SS).

Well, 2 weeks ago I took him in. The vet did
x-rays etc, and thought it was just a benign
bone lump, and wanted to do a follow-up in
2 weeks. I spent $120.00 and now have to
go without my arthritis meds for a while to
pay for it.

Today, he went in for the follow-up and got
a clean bill of health-- it hasn't grown even a
nanometer-- it's just a benign bone lump.

As far as his behavior (picking on a smaller
male), I have been sprinkling powdered
catnip on the carpets, and he (and the
others) have been staying nice and mellow
as a result ;)

Chuck

Brian Link
October 19th 05, 12:57 AM
On Tue, 18 Oct 2005 11:47:30 -0700, "Chuck" > wrote:

>Update:
>3 weeks ago I posted a query regarding a
>bone growth on the side of my cat's (Maxi)
>head, and got a lot of negative stuff 'cause
>some folks here thought it was ultra-serious
>(despite my saying that he was very healthy
>and active w/a good appetite, etc.) and that
>I was putting him in jeopardy because I said
>that I didn't have the money to take him to
>the vet (I'm retired on SS).
>
>Well, 2 weeks ago I took him in. The vet did
>x-rays etc, and thought it was just a benign
>bone lump, and wanted to do a follow-up in
>2 weeks. I spent $120.00 and now have to
>go without my arthritis meds for a while to
>pay for it.
>
>Today, he went in for the follow-up and got
>a clean bill of health-- it hasn't grown even a
>nanometer-- it's just a benign bone lump.
>
>As far as his behavior (picking on a smaller
>male), I have been sprinkling powdered
>catnip on the carpets, and he (and the
>others) have been staying nice and mellow
>as a result ;)
>
>Chuck

You might also try Feliway diffusers (if that hasn't been suggested in
your earlier thread). They really changed the dynamic in our house.

BLink

Chuck
October 19th 05, 07:54 PM
Brian Link > wrote in message
> On Tue, 18 Oct 2005 11:47:30 -0700, "Chuck" > wrote:
>
> >Update:
> >3 weeks ago I posted a query regarding a
> >bone growth on the side of my cat's (Maxi)
> >head, and got a lot of negative stuff 'cause
> >some folks here thought it was ultra-serious
> >(despite my saying that he was very healthy
> >and active w/a good appetite, etc.) and that
> >I was putting him in jeopardy because I said
> >that I didn't have the money to take him to
> >the vet (I'm retired on SS).
> >
> >Well, 2 weeks ago I took him in. The vet did
> >x-rays etc, and thought it was just a benign
> >bone lump, and wanted to do a follow-up in
> >2 weeks. I spent $120.00 and now have to
> >go without my arthritis meds for a while to
> >pay for it.
> >
> >Today, he went in for the follow-up and got
> >a clean bill of health-- it hasn't grown even a
> >nanometer-- it's just a benign bone lump.
> >
> >As far as his behavior (picking on a smaller
> >male), I have been sprinkling powdered
> >catnip on the carpets, and he (and the
> >others) have been staying nice and mellow
> >as a result ;)
> >
> >Chuck
> >

> You might also try Feliway diffusers (if that hasn't been suggested in
> your earlier thread). They really changed the dynamic in our house.
>
> BLink

Indeed. My vet also recommended Feliway.
However, when I told him of the powdered
catnip, he said that was a "less expensive",
but equally as viable option (I'm on a fixed
income). It does indeed seem to work :)

Chuck