PDA

View Full Version : Constipated Kitten

Vicki
October 19th 05, 12:10 PM
If any of you remember I found a little kitten a few weeks back. After the vet checked him over he suggested I give him normal kitten food instead of the weaner milk I had been giving him.

Before I found him I had no cule at all about cats (im not totally cueless as I have a dog and snakes). Anyway, he now seems constipated, he is trying to so hard to go the toilet but he either cant go or only a tiny bit comes out. His belly is swolen a little aswell.

As soon as I noticed I started giving him the milk again with only a small meal of kitten food in the evening.

Will this sort itself out or should I go back the vet? I really just think its a case of too much food too soon.

Thanks in advance for your replies.
Vicki

Lesley
October 19th 05, 01:55 PM
> Will this sort itself out or should I go back the vet? I >
>

> --
Vicki

Vet now!

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Gail
October 19th 05, 02:29 PM
To the vet ASAP.
Gail
"Vicki" > wrote in message

> If any of you remember I found a little kitten a few weeks back. After
> the vet checked him over he suggested I give him normal kitten food
> instead of the weaner milk I had been giving him.
>
> Before I found him I had no cule at all about cats (im not totally
> cueless as I have a dog and snakes). Anyway, he now seems constipated,
> he is trying to so hard to go the toilet but he either cant go or only
> a tiny bit comes out. His belly is swolen a little aswell.
>
> As soon as I noticed I started giving him the milk again with only a
> small meal of kitten food in the evening.
>
> Will this sort itself out or should I go back the vet? I really just
> think its a case of too much food too soon.
>
> Thanks in advance for your replies.
> Vicki
>

> --
> Vicki

Gail
October 19th 05, 06:04 PM
Also, feed the kitten high quality canned kitten food. Dry food can
constipate.
Gail
"Vicki" > wrote in message

> If any of you remember I found a little kitten a few weeks back. After
> the vet checked him over he suggested I give him normal kitten food
> instead of the weaner milk I had been giving him.
>
> Before I found him I had no cule at all about cats (im not totally
> cueless as I have a dog and snakes). Anyway, he now seems constipated,
> he is trying to so hard to go the toilet but he either cant go or only
> a tiny bit comes out. His belly is swolen a little aswell.
>
> As soon as I noticed I started giving him the milk again with only a
> small meal of kitten food in the evening.
>
> Will this sort itself out or should I go back the vet? I really just
> think its a case of too much food too soon.
>
> Thanks in advance for your replies.
> Vicki
>

> --
> Vicki

Frank Pittel
October 20th 05, 12:00 PM
I've had a number of kittens over the years and given what you've described
I'd take it to the vet for a check out. Kittens have a tendency to go from
happy and healthy to dead within a short amount of time and with little warning.

Vicki > wrote:

: If any of you remember I found a little kitten a few weeks back. After
: the vet checked him over he suggested I give him normal kitten food
: instead of the weaner milk I had been giving him.

: Before I found him I had no cule at all about cats (im not totally
: cueless as I have a dog and snakes). Anyway, he now seems constipated,
: he is trying to so hard to go the toilet but he either cant go or only
: a tiny bit comes out. His belly is swolen a little aswell.

: As soon as I noticed I started giving him the milk again with only a
: small meal of kitten food in the evening.

: Will this sort itself out or should I go back the vet? I really just
: think its a case of too much food too soon.

: Thanks in advance for your replies.
: Vicki

: --
: Vicki