PDA

View Full Version : Cat refuses to come into the house

Norbert Fortener
October 20th 05, 02:12 PM
About a week ago one of our cats, who was formerly hardly interested
in going outside, began staying out all the time. At first it would
come back and spend the night in the house, but now it merely comes in
to eat, and then begins to meow until we let it go back out.

We have two cats, who are brothers from the same litter. We have a pet
door, and the cats have been free to go in and out as they please,
except in bad weather. Generally they are in by 10:00 PM and locked
down until early the next morning.

Has anyone else experienced this sudden refusal of a cat to come in
the house?

Norbert Fortener
Toronto, Ontario, Canada

October 20th 05, 06:27 PM
I have one indoor-outdoor cat who always stays outside more when I take
in a foster cat she doesn't like. Has anything changed around your
house - is the other cat more aggressive? I am assuming they are both
altered, otherwise you may be looking at territory issues.

Norbert Fortener
October 20th 05, 10:52 PM
They are indeed both nuetered.

The other cat is defintely the more aggresive of the two, but they are
6 yrs old, and have lived together since birth. They didn't really
seem to hace any issues in the past.

No additional pets, new furniture, or even guests have been around
during this time.

Norbert