PDA

View Full Version : Best Tanita weighing scale for adults and a cat?

Kiran
October 21st 05, 03:22 AM
I have needed a scale to weigh my cat, and now our bath scale broke
too. I am wondering if I can get one scale that would properly weigh
all of us, adults, children, and one cat? (The cat can either be
weighed directly, or if there is enough precision, by weighing a person
with and without her.)

Tanita scales were recommended in a previous thread. Which model(s)
would be best for this purpose? Many thanks.

treeline12345@yahoo.com
October 21st 05, 04:53 AM
I looked into this. If everyone is under 150 pounds, I am favoring the
My Weight HD-150 and weights in increments of .05 pounds [less than 1
ounces accuracy] or 20 grams. If the cat is over 150 pounds, then the
HD-300 might be better but the specs are half - this goes to 300
pounds, but at 0.1 pounds and 50 grams. Basically it's a simple
platform with a remote indicator on a cord. MyWeigh.com

0.05 pounds is 2 to 10 times more accurate than bathroom scales and
these scales weigh everything. And they can be calibrated. I've seen
then on eBay for as low as $87 with shipping.

These scales can be used for almost anything with accurate. I get tired
of inaccurate or erratic bathroom scales. These things will tell you
how much water you just drank! Or, ahem, eliminated.

They can also tare and work with shipping software with computers. And
you can put the display on the wall or right at eye level or wherever.
Sprinkle food on the sale and trust the cat will put all four feet
there.

My weigh also makes an extremely accurate small scale with a detachable
display that does 0.2 ounces or 5 grams up to 35 pounds for as low as
$19 on eBay. And has a Hold button. So put a tray, tare it, and the
Hold button on the detachable display which you can hold in your hand.
5 grams is around .01 pound or 1/100th of a pound so 5 times more
accurate than the other scale, HD-150. All these scales are guaranteed
for 30 years. 0.01 ounces is also around 1/100 of a pound. I don't own
one yet but I've read the reviews and for the price and accuracy,
great. And they can be calibrated which is always the sign of a really
accurate scale.

Tanita can be good, depends. I have a Conair Weight Watchers that does
0.1 pounds and has memories, but won't weigh less than 20 pounds but I
hold the cat. But I question its accuracy although it seems to be might
good. Still I am thinking about the HD-150 and/or the Ultra 35. For
once I would like a really good scale. I have an Acculab that does 1
gram or 0.1 ounce increments and that's a joy. Always the exact same
measurement for the same thing and can be calibrated at a professional
place or if you have a professional 1 kg weight, which they make to
check these scales - you can do it yourself. The big scales requires
big weights for calibration.

That's it. Whew. /Scales down

Phil P.
October 21st 05, 06:39 AM