PDA

View Full Version : Cat Found Built Into Wall Of New House

Magic Mood Jeep©
October 27th 05, 03:10 PM
http://www.theindychannel.com/family/5187316/detail.html

Cat Found Built Into Wall Of New House

Rescued Animal Taken To Vet Hospital

UPDATED: 7:25 am EST October 27, 2005

LOUISBURG, Kan. -- The saying, "If these walls could talk" took on new
meaning in Louisburg this week. There, the walls of one house were
practically screaming.

A cat was accidentally built into the walls of a new house in Kansas.

"I thought I heard something earlier that morning," a construction worker
said.
The homeowner and workers heard the cat making noises.

"We started banging on the walls and bathtub, and (the cat) started again,"
said homeowner Emily Vano. "Our voices probably triggered him to say, 'I'm
here, I'm here!'"

The builder estimated the cat had been stuck in the walls at least three
weeks.

"The contractor figured out he was just under the tub and got dry walled
in," Vano said.
Workers tore a hole in the wall, made some cat calls, and the scared, tired
and thirsty animal crawled out.

"Poor little thing. So sorry we built you into the house," Vano said.

Vano took the cat to a veterinary hospital, where he's being called Hal,
because he was found just before Halloween. The homeowner hopes the cat's
owner will come forward.

Distributed by Internet Broadcasting Systems, Inc. This material may not be
published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

--
Help the animals of Monroe County
http://www.justgiving.com/pfp/nalee1964

The ONE and ONLY
in Bloomington! (And proud of it, too)©

October 27th 05, 07:52 PM
Poor kitty. Could have been a bit spooky though, in a horror movie
type thing, can you imagine late one night you hear a cat howling
through a wall especially if you're scared of cats?

Juls
October 27th 05, 08:29 PM
In article . com>,
wrote:

> Poor kitty. Could have been a bit spooky though, in a horror movie
> type thing, can you imagine late one night you hear a cat howling
> through a wall especially if you're scared of cats?

Awful. I used to live in the country and had this horrible neighbor who
just kept getting more cats and dogs and not neutering them. She also
didn't feed the cats enough (IMO, they were always hungry) and I always
put out extra food on the deck for them.

She had one male named Trouble I was esp. fond of, and I went on
vacation for two weeks. My pets went to the sitter, but somehow Trouble
snuck in the house and was there the whole time.

I don't think I've ever been so devastated as when I came home, found
him squealing that he was rescued, and the poor cat was starving. He
had found his way into a pantry and found a box of rice crispies and
eaten them, and he'd torn up anything else he could find that might
have a morsel of food. Poor guy.

I later let him out, saw the nasty neighbor and said "How's Trouble
doing?" And she said "Oh, hadn't seen him for awhile, but he's back
now."

Friggin bitch. Hell, my blood pressure just shot off the chart just
thinking of that horrible woman.

--
To email (remove annoying hyphens)

j-u-l-i
at
e-c-t-dot-o-r-g

whitershadeofpale
October 28th 05, 04:04 PM
Magic Mood Jeep© wrote:

> The ONE and ONLY
> lefthanded-pathetic-paranoid-psychotic-sarcastic-wiseass-ditzy former-blonde
> in Bloomington! (And proud of it, too)©
> email me at nalee1964 (at) insightbb (dot) com
> http://community.webshots.com/user/mgcmdjeep

daaaang!

cats are good at hiding out...

you'll be looking for them and they are only 5 feet away...
(laughing no doubt)