PDA

View Full Version : an odor problem

October 27th 05, 09:36 PM
I have two kittens, 9 months and 6 months old, respectively. The older
kitten smells fine, but I've noticed the younger kitten's head always
smells like... well... ass.

I bathe and shampoo the younger kitten ever few weeks as a result. But
I am wondering if this is quite common and if there is anything else I
might do?

Thanks,
Steve

Gail
October 27th 05, 10:08 PM
The kitten should be checked by a vet. Maybe he has parasites. You should
not have to bathe a kitten. Also, be sure he is neutered as he will start
spraying.
Gail
> wrote in message
oups.com...
>I have two kittens, 9 months and 6 months old, respectively. The older
> kitten smells fine, but I've noticed the younger kitten's head always
> smells like... well... ass.
>
> I bathe and shampoo the younger kitten ever few weeks as a result. But
> I am wondering if this is quite common and if there is anything else I
> might do?
>
> Thanks,
> Steve

whitershadeofpale
October 29th 05, 08:17 AM
wrote:
> I have two kittens, 9 months and 6 months old, respectively. The older
> kitten smells fine, but I've noticed the younger kitten's head always
> smells like... well... ass.
>
> I bathe and shampoo the younger kitten ever few weeks as a result. But
> I am wondering if this is quite common and if there is anything else I
> might do?
>
> Thanks,
> Steve

You say his head? smells like ass?

Yeah, he is putting his head on the older kittens bum no?

Here's the test, smell the older cats butt right.
then smell the kittens head, come back tell us if they smell the same.
lol

He'll outgro it, he's just being clingy towards anything that reminds
him of being nestled in with the litter he was born in.

October 31st 05, 09:15 PM
> He'll outgro it, he's just being clingy towards anything that reminds
> him of being nestled in with the litter he was born in.

They're both girls, but all the same - I have wondered if she is
sticking her head somewhere it shouldn't be, but I never really notice
this kind of behavior. I figure this may happen though when she is
cleaning herself.

Alas, she is probably the cutest kitten in the world, head smells like
ass and all.

Steve

October 31st 05, 09:27 PM
wrote:
> > He'll outgro it, he's just being clingy towards anything that reminds
> > him of being nestled in with the litter he was born in.
>
> They're both girls, but all the same - I have wondered if she is
> sticking her head somewhere it shouldn't be, but I never really notice
> this kind of behavior. I figure this may happen though when she is
> cleaning herself.
>
> Alas, she is probably the cutest kitten in the world, head smells like
> ass and all.
>
> Steve

Check her ears. It may be infection you're smelling. Kittens usually
don't have dental problems, but are you sure the smell isn't coming
from her breath? My vet says bad breath is a tell-tale symptom of some
diseases...was it FIP? Phil P, have you heard that?

Sherry

November 1st 05, 03:37 AM
Alas, she was at the vet today to get spayed and the ears were fine.
It is just ass. Sigh.

cybercat
November 1st 05, 04:14 AM
> wrote in message
ups.com...
> Alas, she was at the vet today to get spayed and the ears were fine. It is
just ass. Sigh.

http://tinyurl.com/ddrza

Help her a bit with hygiene, she is young. Her head is probably pretty close
to her own ass several times a day. And be happy she is not sick.