PDA

View Full Version : Re: Cloudy Eye in one eyed Cat

jils
October 28th 05, 02:18 AM
this site suggests infection or cataracts:
http://netscape.petplace.com/articles/artShow.asp?artID=414

this site has information including advice about blind cats:
http://www.vetinfo.com/cateye.html

bear in mind that a blind cat is not necessarily suffering
many blind pets carry on just fine, they know their own environment and
can cope quite well, just as blind people do!

whezrsfriend wrote:
> I know there is going to be some moron on this group who will post "take
> it to the vet" AFTER IVE already SAID I CANNOT afford to do that.
> Besides most vets don't do any better than I do after I've researched
> the issue.
>
> I have a cat who I adopted as a stray who is getting along in years. It
> had a serious infection when I first got it on the side of the head and
> we treated it and it survived with antibiotics. However it lost that
> eye, which is still there, but blind.
>
> The other eye is starting to get cloudy-like a dull milky film. What
> meds can I order from a vet supply store to treat this eye so as to
> extend it's life? I hate to see this cat go totally blind and then I
> will have to put it to sleep I guess or let it suffer. He can still see,
> but probably his vision in the remaining eye is not too good. I'd say it
> is around 10% or more opaque. He still seems to get around ok.
>
> Please respond to the question only, I will ignore idiots who start
> moralizing me about taking the cat to the vet. Vets are outrageous
> nowadays and many are incompetent, just as regular doctors here in the
> USA. And then they act like they are doing you a big favor by seeing
> you. Not all, but many.

eeyore
October 28th 05, 02:53 AM
Though I'm afraid I must also suggest a vet, I had an older cat that went
blind who managed well. They seem to be able to function quite well from
memory or smell or ...