PDA

View Full Version : Re: Cloudy Eye in one eyed Cat

cybercat
October 28th 05, 02:37 AM
"whezrsfriend" > wrote in message
> I know there is going to be some moron on this group who will post "take
> it to the vet" AFTER IVE already SAID I CANNOT afford to do that.

Please consider NOT taking in animals that you cannot
care for. It isn't fair to them. Your cat needs to see the vet, whether or
not you can afford it. Vets are not that expensive--many of us here take our
cats in regularly and know this.

No More Retail
October 28th 05, 03:31 AM
Still didn't answer how old in the cat
the reason I ask that is at a certain age you can expect cataracts, eye
infections come easier, glaucoma, hypopyon, anterior uveitis, retinal
hemorrhage, retinal detachment

since you are not going to vet unless absolutly necessary try this
home pet examination
http://netscape.petplace.com/Articles/artShow.asp?artID=2690&q=cloudy+eye

information can be found on this site about above problems

the medications taht was used before for the other infection may not even be
necessary. take a look at the information we might be able to help BUT
UNDERSTAND NONE OF HERE ARE VETS

whezrsfriend
October 28th 05, 07:30 AM
on Thu 27 Oct 2005 07:31:14p, "No More Retail"
:

> Still didn't answer how old in the cat
> the reason I ask that is at a certain age you can expect
> cataracts, eye infections come easier, glaucoma, hypopyon,
> anterior uveitis, retinal hemorrhage, retinal detachment

Thanks for the link. I didn't answer because I have no idea how
old he is. He is arthritic, hard of hearing and sleeps alot. I
give him lots of affection and good food. He loves me and will
allow me to touch him anywhere, even though when I first adopted
him from a dead neighbor (b4 he was a stray), he was frightened of
all people and would not allow anyone near him. He almost died
from the infection and I have taken him to the vet b4, but the
vets here are real a*hole s in contrast to vets I know as a child
who were wonderful. Plus they are outrageous in their fees-totally
outrageous imo. The ones I've seen here have little or no concern
for animals, it is only business to them. It is probably a
cataract or glaucoma, does not look like it is infected. Just
would like to delay or prevent his going blind in second eye. I am
smart, I will research it thoroughly and order from a vet supply
firm.