PDA

View Full Version : Re: Cloudy Eye in one eyed Cat

October 28th 05, 06:50 AM
>The other eye is starting to get
>cloudy-like a dull milky film. What meds
>can I order from a vet supply store to treat
>this eye so as to extend it's life?

You really need to get this cat to a vet ASAP. It may mean the
difference between him retaining his vision or going blind (and just
because a cat goes blind doesn't mean he is suffering and must be
killed). The thing is, unless you know the exact cause of the eye issue,
there is no way to know how to treat it. All eye problems are not equal
and there is not a one-size-fits-all cure. Even more problematic is the
fact that there are many eye medications that can make the eye worse if
you are using the wrong one. And finally, anything that may be effective
as a treatment will most likely require a prescription from the vet.
Please borrow the money and get your cat to the vet so you can get the
right treatment for him and hopefully save his remaining good eye. It's
the right thing to do and if you try hard enough I believe you'll find a
way.

Megan

nothing."

-Edmund Burke

Learn The TRUTH About Declawing
http://www.stopdeclaw.com

Zuzu's Cats Photo Album:
http://www.PictureTrail.com/zuzu22

way."

- W.H. Murray

whezrsfriend
October 28th 05, 07:35 AM
Ok, you will loan me the money right? I figure it will be around
$150. Send me your phone number so we can make arrangements for
you to email me the money order.

on Thu 27 Oct 2005 10:50:21p, wrote in
:

>>The other eye is starting to get
>>cloudy-like a dull milky film. What meds
>>can I order from a vet supply store to treat
>>this eye so as to extend it's life?
>
> You really need to get this cat to a vet ASAP. It may mean the
> difference between him retaining his vision or going blind (and
> just because a cat goes blind doesn't mean he is suffering and
> must be killed). The thing is, unless you know the exact cause
> of the eye issue, there is no way to know how to treat it. All
> eye problems are not equal and there is not a one-size-fits-all
> cure. Even more problematic is the fact that there are many eye
> medications that can make the eye worse if you are using the
> wrong one. And finally, anything that may be effective as a
> treatment will most likely require a prescription from the vet.
> Please borrow the money and get your cat to the vet so you can
> get the right treatment for him and hopefully save his remaining
> good eye. It's the right thing to do and if you try hard enough
> I believe you'll find a way.
>
> Megan
>

> "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good
> men to do nothing."
>
> -Edmund Burke
>
> Learn The TRUTH About Declawing
> http://www.stopdeclaw.com
>
> Zuzu's Cats Photo Album:
> http://www.PictureTrail.com/zuzu22
>
> "Concerning all acts of initiative (and creation), there is one
> elementary truth the ignorance of which kills countless ideas
> and splendid plans: that the moment one definitely commits
> oneself, then providence moves too. A whole stream of events
> issues from the decision, raising in one's favor all manner of
> unforeseen incidents, meetings and material assistance, which no
> man could have dreamt would have come his way."
>
> - W.H. Murray

October 28th 05, 02:26 PM
>Ok, you will loan me the money right?

I have 25 cats to care for on a one person salary and sorry, but most of
my money pays for their care, including **whatever vet care is necessary
at the time it is necessary,** regardless of whether it's convenient for
me or not. If I'm broke there's always a credit card or I'll find extra
work. If I had to pawn or sell something I would do that too. I don't
spend my time whining about being broke. Instead I use that time in a
constructive fashion to make sure I get whatever finances are needed.

The bottom line here is you have taken responsibility for another living
being that is unable to help themselves, therefore it is on you to do
what's right and get your cat the help he needs.

>I figure it will be around $150.

An office call and medication should not cost $150. Probably half that.

Megan

nothing."

-Edmund Burke

Learn The TRUTH About Declawing
http://www.stopdeclaw.com

Zuzu's Cats Photo Album:
http://www.PictureTrail.com/zuzu22

way."

- W.H. Murray

cybercat
October 28th 05, 04:56 PM
"whezrsfriend" > wrote in message
> Ok, you will loan me the money right? I figure it will be around
> $150. Send me your phone number so we can make arrangements for
> you to email me the money order.

Have you even tried making arrangements with your vet to pay in
installments?
Have you asked loved ones or friends for loans? When it comes down to the
cat might go blind without immediate vet care it is time to put pride aside.

I would also like to comment that coming into the discussion hostile
because you do not or will not find the resources to take care of this
cat is really bad form. Anyone who cares about these creatures would
get upset at the notion of a cloudy eye going untreated, and you are being
unfair to DEMAND that we don't.

cybercat
October 28th 05, 05:05 PM
> wrote in message
> >Ok, you will loan me the money right?
>
> I have 25 cats to care for on a one person salary and sorry, but most of
> my money pays for their care, including **whatever vet care is necessary
> at the time it is necessary,** regardless of whether it's convenient for
> me or not. If I'm broke there's always a credit card or I'll find extra
> work. If I had to pawn or sell something I would do that too.

Ebay!

PawsForThought
October 28th 05, 10:59 PM
cybercat wrote:
> > I would also like to comment that coming into the discussion hostile
> because you do not or will not find the resources to take care of this
> cat is really bad form. Anyone who cares about these creatures would
> get upset at the notion of a cloudy eye going untreated, and you are being
> unfair to DEMAND that we don't.

I quite agree. I would say most of us have been up against financial
hardship, and having to find a way for our pet to see a vet. You do
what you have to to be a responsible person. OP, I do hope you will
make some financial arrangements and get the cat some professional help.

cybercat
October 28th 05, 11:00 PM
"Nomen Nescio" ]> wrote in message

> From: whezrsfriend >
>
> >Ok, you will loan me the money right? I figure it will be around
> >$150. Send me your phone number so we can make arrangements for
> >you to email me the money order.
>
> If you can't scrounge up $150 then your life must REALLY
> SUCK. You should seriously consider finding the cat a
> good home and then having yourself euthanized.

Now, Nomen, if you keep stifling yourself like that you're gonna
blow up one day. Tell us how you *really* feel. :)

MaryL
October 29th 05, 01:13 AM
"PawsForThought" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> cybercat wrote:
>> > I would also like to comment that coming into the discussion hostile
>> because you do not or will not find the resources to take care of this
>> cat is really bad form. Anyone who cares about these creatures would
>> get upset at the notion of a cloudy eye going untreated, and you are
>> being
>> unfair to DEMAND that we don't.
>
> I quite agree. I would say most of us have been up against financial
> hardship, and having to find a way for our pet to see a vet. You do
> what you have to to be a responsible person. OP, I do hope you will
> make some financial arrangements and get the cat some professional help.

Exactly. When I was a graduate student (*many* years ago), my cat needed
surgery and I was barely "scraping by" on a graduate assistant's pay. I
made arrangements to pay for the surgery in installments. It took a
year-and-a-half to finish payments, but it was well worth it. Moreover, I
used to joke that my cat had a healthier diet during that time than I did --
and despite the joking, it was actually true. However, he needed it for
recuperation, and I was healthy. That cat was the love of my life (just as
my two furbabies are now), and he lived to be almost 20 years old. As a
couple of other people have said, we do what we have to do.

MaryL

whitershadeofpale
October 29th 05, 01:24 AM
MaryL wrote:

> Exactly. When I was a graduate student (*many* years ago), my cat needed
> surgery and I was barely "scraping by" on a graduate assistant's pay. I
> made arrangements to pay for the surgery in installments. It took a
> year-and-a-half to finish payments, but it was well worth it. Moreover, I
> used to joke that my cat had a healthier diet during that time than I did --
> and despite the joking, it was actually true. However, he needed it for
> recuperation, and I was healthy. That cat was the love of my life (just as
> my two furbabies are now), and he lived to be almost 20 years old. As a
> couple of other people have said, we do what we have to do.
>
> MaryL

When we wuz kids growing up, if one of our dogs got the mange, we put
him down.

If the dogs had been the love of our lives, then sure, I reckon we
would have viewed the whole thing differently. There are many people
who would have done the same as you, there are many people who would
say it is not affordable; and put the cat down.

I know you are not saying this; but IMO; I think as adults we should
accept the idea that not everyone feels the same, and to me this is ok.
A cat being put to sleep is in fact painless to the cat. I do put a
higher value on the quality of human life than animals.

Just sharing my 2 cents.

whitershadeofpale
October 29th 05, 02:38 AM
whitershadeofpale wrote:

> I know you are not saying this; but IMO; I think as adults we should
> accept the idea that not everyone feels the same, and to me this is ok.
> A cat being put to sleep is in fact painless to the cat. I do put a
> higher value on the quality of human life than animals.
>
> Just sharing my 2 cents.

ooops! Say!, I'm not saying this to mean anything about what you did.

as in.. You don't put value on human life...didn't mean it to sound
this way :)
but of course you do!

oddly enough? I always put food as the last item to Have to buy...

which is probably why I am loosing weight profusely

No More Retail
October 29th 05, 06:26 AM
Roman noodles 7 cents each instant rice .12 100 different way to make
them both

whitershadeofpale
October 29th 05, 08:24 AM
whezrsfriend wrote:
> on Fri 28 Oct 2005 06:26:16a, wrote in
> :
>
> >>Ok, you will loan me the money right?

Well tell us about the eye, I figure he can still see out of it.

is it a pussy glaze or is it an opaque lens

do you know what happened to the other eye?
Is the same thing happening? Is there a ball in the other socket?

whezrsfriend
October 29th 05, 08:24 AM
on Fri 28 Oct 2005 08:56:21a, "cybercat" >
wrote in :

> "whezrsfriend" > wrote in message
>> Ok, you will loan me the money right? I figure it will be
>> around $150. Send me your phone number so we can make
>> arrangements for you to email me the money order.
>>

> Have you even tried making arrangements with your vet to pay in
> installments?
> Have you asked loved ones or friends for loans? When it comes
> down to the cat might go blind without immediate vet care it is
> time to put pride aside.
>
> I would also like to comment that coming into the discussion
> hostile because you do not or will not find the resources to
> take care of this cat is really bad form. Anyone who cares about
> these creatures would get upset at the notion of a cloudy eye
> going untreated, and you are being unfair to DEMAND that we
> don't.

You are a sanctimonious ****wit, not worth another keystroke. So, are
you going to loan/give me the money or not? What? You don't care
about cats, u ****wit you. Full of hot air, with no committment.
Can talk the talk; cannot walk the walk. This poor cat has been
rubbing it's eye, it's obviously in discomfort. So are you going to
help or not, you ****wit you. Guess I'll have to put it to sleep.
Maybe I'll shoot it, quick and painless.

whitershadeofpale
October 29th 05, 08:32 AM
whezrsfriend wrote:

> You are a sanctimonious ****wit, not worth another keystroke. So, are
> you going to loan/give me the money or not? What? You don't care
> about cats, u ****wit you. Full of hot air, with no committment.
> Can talk the talk; cannot walk the walk. This poor cat has been
> rubbing it's eye, it's obviously in discomfort. So are you going to
> help or not, you ****wit you. Guess I'll have to put it to sleep.
> Maybe I'll shoot it, quick and painless.

oh calm your ass down!

you've spent more time replying to the money matter than talking about
the eye. It's no wonder you have not got any decent ideas about the
problem.

Who cares if you have money or not, you're going to do what you want
and what you can afford. If you THOUGHT anyone on here might spare a
dime...after that little jagged post? hehehe

Now you are ready to shoot the cat?

Yeah, just post you're address and sit back and wait for the dollars to
roll in. Everyone loves to give money to a cat shooter.

Why are you letting a few, spoil the matter!

Phil P.
October 29th 05, 10:11 AM
"whezrsfriend" > wrote in message

.. I have no responsiblity to this cat who was a stray.It
> would have been dead a long time ago if not for me.

An altruistic sociopath. There's one for the books.

You could probably make enough money to get your cat treated by becoming a
research subject in a psychiatric institution.

Lumpy
October 29th 05, 11:42 AM
"No More Retail" > wrote in message
> Roman noodles 7 cents each instant rice .12 100 different way to make
> them both

I think you mean "ramen." But yeah. :) We do what we need to do to take care
of those who depend on us. Particularly if they have no opposable thumbs and
we keep them captive, right?

Annie Wxill
October 29th 05, 04:04 PM
"whezrsfriend" > wrote in message
> on Fri 28 Oct 2005 06:26:16a, wrote in
> :
....> I really think if you have the money you have a responsiblity as a
> cat lover to loan me the money.I'm waiting for your phone number, or
> you can just give me your address and I come on over.
....>> Megan

whezrsfriend,

I know that you have said that you will not spend the money to take the cat
to the vet. I'm not sure if that means that you can't afford to spend
anything, or just are not willing to seek help by whatever means, or you are
so certain that all vets are nothing but greedy and incompetent and don't
want to take a chance that you might find one who would prove you wrong.

Let's put aside all other concerns and focus on what will help the cat
because the cat need help and cannot help itself.

Here are some things you can do:

You can call local rescue groups and ask for recommendations of what to do
with this cat.

There may be someone on this group who lives near you or has knowledge of a
vet near you who is competent. Are you willing to put aside for a moment
your conviction that all vets are greedy and incompetent and state the
general area where you are in order to let them help you locate a suitable
vet?

If a suitable vet is found, are you willing to call the vet with a
description of the cat's problem and ask for an estimate of the cost of
treatment?

Will you post here how much you are willing to pay to help this cat who
cannot help itself?

Will you provide to this group the vet's estimate of the treatment and how
the vet may be located so that anyone interested could donate the money
directly to the vet for that cat's situation.

I doubt that anyone would consider giving you personal loan, considering
your hostile attitude and disrespect, but there are people here who care
about the cat and might help, in spite of your belief that we are all
"morons" or other name calling on your part.

But in the end it is up to you to do your part. And, yes, you may not have
asked for it, but without you taking on your responsibility, nobody here can
help the cat.

As for Megan, you will not find anyone who has done more for the cats in her
care and the cats she has rescued and placed in loving homes.

Best wishes for helping this cat.
Annie

PawsForThought
October 29th 05, 08:17 PM
whezrsfriend wrote:
> You are a sanctimonious ****wit, not worth another keystroke. So, are
> you going to loan/give me the money or not? What? You don't care
> about cats, u ****wit you. Full of hot air, with no committment.
> Can talk the talk; cannot walk the walk. This poor cat has been
> rubbing it's eye, it's obviously in discomfort. So are you going to
> help or not, you ****wit you. Guess I'll have to put it to sleep.
> Maybe I'll shoot it, quick and painless.

Frankly, I think you're full of it and are just trying to take
advantage of people, and most likely you don't even have a cat. But,
if I'm wrong, and I highly doubt it, try going here for some help
http://www.pet911.org/index.php

No More Retail
October 29th 05, 09:15 PM
that is a good link I am adding it to my collection

No More Retail
October 31st 05, 07:24 AM
Do like we do Nomen make fun of the trolls

whitershadeofpale
October 31st 05, 07:57 AM
Nomen Nescio wrote:

> my "real" feelings just a little too scary. :)

I think you're doing fine! your admission is half the battle.

Now, we can provoke it out of you, or you can volunteer them real
feelings...tell it all tell it all

aaaaand it's good to know you got feelings

notamoronanimalnut
November 1st 05, 03:39 AM
on Sat 29 Oct 2005 08:04:28a, "Annie Wxill"
:

> "whezrsfriend" > wrote in message
>> on Fri 28 Oct 2005 06:26:16a, wrote in
>> :
> ...> I really think if you have the money you have a
> responsiblity as a
>> cat lover to loan me the money.I'm waiting for your phone
>> number, or you can just give me your address and I come on
>> over.
> ...>> Megan
>
> whezrsfriend,
>
> I know that you have said that you will not spend the money to
> take the cat to the vet. I'm not sure if that means that you
> can't afford to spend anything, or just are not willing to seek
> help by whatever means, or you are so certain that all vets are
> nothing but greedy and incompetent and don't want to take a
> chance that you might find one who would prove you wrong.

OP said "no vet" what part of that is difficult to understand?

> Let's put aside all other concerns and focus on what will help
> the cat because the cat need help and cannot help itself.
>
> Here are some things you can do:
>
> You can call local rescue groups and ask for recommendations of
> what to do with this cat.

already did: "sorry, we cannot recommend invididual vets"

> There may be someone on this group who lives near you or has
> knowledge of a vet near you who is competent. Are you willing to
> put aside for a moment your conviction that all vets are greedy
> and incompetent and state the general area where you are in
> order to let them help you locate a suitable vet?

I spoke to many about this with a dog I had. I came to the
conclusion that they are all pretty bad-very expensive and
uncaring from the people I talked to. I live in a City that is
substandard. It is difficult to find ethical and competent
professionals in ANY profession. I have not been to the doctor in
some time because the doctors here stink compared to where I grew
up. You obviously did not read all my posts. I would never say
they are ALL incompetent and unethical, but I have been to two and
both were. One didn't know as much as I did about proper treatment
after I read several vet school articles on the subject and both
insisted on full payment on the spot at outrageous rates.
Obviously the vet schools, like so many other prof. schools are
making little effort to sort out people who are looking to make
money from people who care about what they are doing. This is
symptomatic of the present state of our Kountry, where
incompetence is more the rule than the exception and where people
are successful regardless of their ethical/moral standards-just
look at our atheletes.

> If a suitable vet is found, are you willing to call the vet with
> a description of the cat's problem and ask for an estimate of
> the cost of treatment?

Obviously you haven't called many vets around here because they
don't give estimates over the phone. They expect you to pay a
consult fee just to give an estimate. They are greedy, mercenary
a*sho*les. I almost file licensing complaints against the two I
mentioned above.

> Will you post here how much you are willing to pay to help this
> cat who cannot help itself?

The point is mute, the cat's eye is not a bad as I first thought,
so he is doing ok for now.

> Will you provide to this group the vet's estimate of the
> treatment and how the vet may be located so that anyone
> interested could donate the money directly to the vet for that
> cat's situation.

see above.

> I doubt that anyone would consider giving you personal loan,
> considering
> your hostile attitude and disrespect, but there are people here
> who care about the cat and might help, in spite of your belief
> that we are all "morons" or other name calling on your part.

Well, if people wouldn't act like morons, I wouldn't stoop to
their level.

> But in the end it is up to you to do your part. And, yes, you
> may not have asked for it, but without you taking on your
> responsibility, nobody here can help the cat.

Some already have by giving RELEVANT helpful answers to my OP
instead of inane, sanctimonious incriminations.

> As for Megan, you will not find anyone who has done more for the
> cats in her care and the cats she has rescued and placed in
> loving homes.

Yeah she's willing to spend OTHER people's money to satisfy her
moral edicts, but not her own.

> Best wishes for helping this cat.

thanks, I think.