PDA

View Full Version : Do It Yourself Vet Practices for Strays.

whitershadeofpale
October 28th 05, 08:20 PM
Wow, I just got an idea.

I have 3-4 strays who do eat regularly outside my door, they have come
to depend on it. They won't let me pet them, but they hide out in the
bushes waiting for the food everynight.

If there was one single thing I could do for them to improve thier
health, I wonder what that might be?

For example, I used to administer, parvo and distempor shots to my 2
large dogs. I think it cost me $5.00 per doggie, I bought the shot
mixture at the Feed and Seed. Only the vet gave them the Rabies since
it required a liscense.

Isn't there some basic immunities I could bolster, once I am able to
handle these strays?

whitershadeofpale
October 29th 05, 03:03 AM
whitershadeofpale wrote:

http://www.jefferspet.com/

These folk have a whole gaggle full of vaccines, that you don't need a
prescription to get.

You have to create an account to even look around (which I did)

I searched for "cat vaccine"

It returned

Eclipse 3
Eclipse 4
Fel-O-Vax Lv-K®
Fel-O-Vax LvK® IV
Fel-O-Vax PCT
Feline Focus™ 5
Felocell® 4 (formerly Felocell® CVR-C)

etc... two pages worth plus the descriptions.

>From 3.95 for one dose, up to $300.00 for quantity doses.

Anyone give shots to their cats?

Course, I have no clue as to WHAT a fresh stray needs...
but hell, at 4 dollars a pop, I'll vaccinate the whole neighborhood!

Hell yeah!

whitershadeofpale
October 29th 05, 07:00 AM
whitershadeofpale wrote:

> Hell yeah!

If anyone is interested, I also know a site where you can buy blow dart
supplies...

just spike the dart with the vaccine, see a stray coming down the
street

thwooopt! Cat is vaccinated!

No criminal, no crime.

Wendy
October 29th 05, 11:53 AM
"whitershadeofpale" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> Wow, I just got an idea.
>
> I have 3-4 strays who do eat regularly outside my door, they have come
> to depend on it. They won't let me pet them, but they hide out in the
> bushes waiting for the food everynight.
>
> If there was one single thing I could do for them to improve thier
> health, I wonder what that might be?
>
> For example, I used to administer, parvo and distempor shots to my 2
> large dogs. I think it cost me $5.00 per doggie, I bought the shot
> mixture at the Feed and Seed. Only the vet gave them the Rabies since
> it required a liscense.
>
> Isn't there some basic immunities I could bolster, once I am able to
> handle these strays?

There are groups who provide financial assistance to pay the vet bill. Try
doing a web search and see if there is something like that available in your
area. If there is then get the cat to the vet to at least get an accurate
diagnosis. You can't get one here as 1/ to my knowledge there aren't any
vets that post here and 2/ nobody can actually see the cat to even try to
guess at a diagnosis.

If you put the wrong medication in the eye you could exacerbate the problem.

Hope you can get help for your kitty.

-L.
October 29th 05, 12:20 PM
whitershadeofpale wrote:
> whitershadeofpale wrote:
>

> http://www.jefferspet.com/
>

> These folk have a whole gaggle full of vaccines, that you don't need a
> prescription to get.
>
> You have to create an account to even look around (which I did)
>
> I searched for "cat vaccine"
>
> It returned
>
> Eclipse 3
> Eclipse 4
> Fel-O-Vax Lv-K®
> Fel-O-Vax LvK® IV
> Fel-O-Vax PCT
> Feline Focus™ 5
> Felocell® 4 (formerly Felocell® CVR-C)
>
> etc... two pages worth plus the descriptions.
>
> >From 3.95 for one dose, up to $300.00 for quantity doses.
>
> Anyone give shots to their cats?

Yes. There is a midline nerve that runs the length of the hind leg, so
you have to know what you are doing.

Front-right shoulder - FVRCP (subQ)
Right-rear leg - rabies (IM)
Front-left shoulder FeLV (subQ)

> Course, I have no clue as to WHAT a fresh stray needs...
> but hell, at 4 dollars a pop, I'll vaccinate the whole neighborhood!
>
> Hell yeah!

They really need to be tested for FeLV and FIV before you vaccinate.

-L.

whitershadeofpale
October 29th 05, 04:21 PM
Wendy wrote:

> There are groups who provide financial assistance to pay the vet bill. Try
> doing a web search and see if there is something like that available in your
> area. If there is then get the cat to the vet to at least get an accurate
> diagnosis. You can't get one here as 1/ to my knowledge there aren't any
> vets that post here and 2/ nobody can actually see the cat to even try to
> guess at a diagnosis.
>
> If you put the wrong medication in the eye you could exacerbate the problem.
>
> Hope you can get help for your kitty.

Weezersfrnd has the cat with one eye

but I hear ya on the other stuff...

Like Lyn says, you gotta know what you're doing? well count me out!
I am willing to learn in order to help strays at a much lower cost per
cat.

I understand that an initial vet visit and std vaccines can cost around
$100.00 per cat, laying aside charitable groups who might discount for
helping strays.

I do find it odd that no-one gives thier cats std vaccine shots.
For example Megan who has 63 cats, you would think she would get the
vet to show her how to administer the simplest shots. I'm sure she
already gets volume discounts.

Seems like I'm reading some vaccines can be given through an inhaler?

Of course I would never try anything without say...a vet, show me, and
or watch me the first few times.

For my dogs (back in the day)... it was the difference between $50
bucks, v.s. $5.00 and the shot I gave them took all of 1 minute. (I
would inject a liquid into a powder, shake it, draw it back into the
needle, and stick them behind the neck where the skin was thick)...our
vet had showed me how.

Lyn is scaring me with those specific places that would need to be
stuck.

( I was barely able to get Ruprecht to swallow a pill )

No More Retail
October 29th 05, 09:22 PM
wow that is alot for your area all shots check up and neutering $45 cat $50
dogs her in Orlando shots are like $15 or less when done separately here we
have a clip coupon book that always have coupons for cheap spaying and shots
thru reputable vets

what areaar you in I will try and locate a program or shelter that will help
http://www.snapofpa.org/index.html
http://www.snap123.org/

whitershadeofpale
October 30th 05, 07:01 AM
No More Retail wrote:
> wow that is alot for your area all shots check up and neutering $45 cat $50
> dogs her in Orlando shots are like $15 or less when done separately here we
> have a clip coupon book that always have coupons for cheap spaying and shots
> thru reputable vets
>

> what areaar you in I will try and locate a program or shelter that will help
> http://www.snapofpa.org/index.html
> http://www.snap123.org/

Well thanks! I did get a reference for a vet who works from her home.
Allegedly she's around half the norm for around here.

I will check her out.

I've been waiting for a certain stray to return. This particular one
will come inside. I'm going to quarintine her till I get her to the
vet. I hear tell this stray has got that nasty womans disease.

Phil P.
October 31st 05, 04:38 AM
"-L." > wrote in message
oups.com...

>Front-right shoulder - FVRCP (subQ)
>Right-rear leg - rabies (IM)
>Front-left shoulder FeLV (subQ)

Please don't encourage people- especially that idiot to vaccinate cats
himself- he'll probably hit a nerve and paralyze the poor cat. The thought
of him sticking a needle in a cat- or even being near s cat- scares the
hell out me.

Any cat can develop an adverse effect- or even full blown anaphylatic shock-
from *any* vaccine. So, unless a person has been trained in treating
adverse reactions and anaphylaxis they should not be administering
vaccines.

Btw, FeLV should be administered in the left *rear leg* as distally as
possible- not in the shoulder.

(See AAFP Vaccination Guidlines)
http://www.maxshouse.com/aafp_vaccination_site_recommenda.htm

Phil

-L.
October 31st 05, 09:52 AM
Phil P. wrote:
> "-L." > wrote in message
> oups.com...
>
> >Front-right shoulder - FVRCP (subQ)
> >Right-rear leg - rabies (IM)
> >Front-left shoulder FeLV (subQ)
>

> Please don't encourage people- especially that idiot t

I don't consider Barry an idiot. I like Barry, despite his goofiness
and mistakes (Yes, even Ruprecht). A lot of what he posts is just
banter.

>o vaccinate cats
> himself- he'll probably hit a nerve and paralyze the poor cat. The thought
> of him sticking a needle in a cat- or even being near s cat- scares the
> hell out me.
>
> Any cat can develop an adverse effect- or even full blown anaphylatic shock-
> from *any* vaccine.

Full-blown anaphylaxis from vaccines is rare, though.

>So, unless a person has been trained in treating
> adverse reactions and anaphylaxis they should not be administering
> vaccines.

A stray or feral vaccinated is better than not, IMO. You have to weigh
the pros and cons of doing it vs. not doing it - and IMO that's a
personal choice. I just wanted him to know that if he chose to do
so, he had to know what he was doing because he could cause damage.

> Btw, FeLV should be administered in the left *rear leg* as distally as
> possible- not in the shoulder.
>
> (See AAFP Vaccination Guidlines)
> http://www.maxshouse.com/aafp_vaccination_site_recommenda.htm

Correct - I remembered it wrong. Haven't done vaccines for awhile.
Prolly should have double checked before I posted that. Sorry.

-L.

Phil P.
October 31st 05, 10:19 AM
"-L." > wrote in message
oups.com...

> Phil P. wrote:
> > "-L." > wrote in message
> > oups.com...
> >
> > >Front-right shoulder - FVRCP (subQ)
> > >Right-rear leg - rabies (IM)
> > >Front-left shoulder FeLV (subQ)
> >

> > Please don't encourage people- especially that idiot t
>
> I don't consider Barry an idiot.

I'd like to have you on my jury if I'm ever on trial.

I like Barry, despite his goofiness
> and mistakes (Yes, even Ruprecht).

That wasn't as 'mistake'. That was a result of his mentality. Some people
just aren't suited to have a cat's life entrusted to them-- he's one of
them.

A lot of what he posts is just
> banter.

He's a blathering idiot that's sometimes dangerous. Did you forget the
"Shelters" thread? Also, lot of good information in a thread gets buried
by his stupid nonsense. He's like the class clown that causes trouble for
everyone.

> >o vaccinate cats
> > himself- he'll probably hit a nerve and paralyze the poor cat. The
thought
> > of him sticking a needle in a cat- or even being near s cat- scares the
> > hell out me.
> >
> > Any cat can develop an adverse effect- or even full blown anaphylactic
shock-
> > from *any* vaccine.
>
> Full-blown anaphylaxis from vaccines is rare, though.

Yes, I know. But reactions to vaccines aren't.

> >So, unless a person has been trained in treating
> > adverse reactions and anaphylaxis they should not be administering
> > vaccines.
>
> A stray or feral vaccinated is better than not, IMO.

Not by him. A stray or feral is better off left alone than 'helped' by him.
If he wants to help- he should donate money to a feral group.

You have to weigh
> the pros and cons of doing it vs. not doing it - and IMO that's a
> personal choice. I just wanted him to know that if he chose to do
> so, he had to know what he was doing because he could cause damage.

I don't think he's competent to ever administer vaccines- regardless of how
much you teach him.

> > Btw, FeLV should be administered in the left *rear leg* as distally as
> > possible- not in the shoulder.
> >
> > (See AAFP Vaccination Guidlines)
> > http://www.maxshouse.com/aafp_vaccination_site_recommenda.htm
>
> Correct - I remembered it wrong. Haven't done vaccines for awhile.
> Prolly should have double checked before I posted that. Sorry.

Its easy if you remember: R for Rabies and Right; L for Leukemia and Left.

Phil

-L.
October 31st 05, 10:44 AM
Phil P. wrote:

> > I don't consider Barry an idiot.
>

> I'd like to have you on my jury if I'm ever on trial.

It'll never happen. I hate cops and tell them so during voire dire, so
that I get thrown off.

> I like Barry, despite his goofiness
> > and mistakes (Yes, even Ruprecht).
>

> That wasn't as 'mistake'. That was a result of his mentality. Some people
> just aren't suited to have a cat's life entrusted to them-- he's one of
> them.

Whatever. I don't hold every single person up to my own standards of
care. A lot of people have outdoor cats in not the best situations -
that's life, sucky or not. Cats die, animals die, people die, life
goes on. I don't lose sleep. I do what I can to help the ones I can.
I feel like Barry probably felt terrible about Ruprect and beating the
**** out of him over it wouldn't serve any purpose. I just hope he
learned something from it, and will consider doing something positive
for another cat in Ruprect's memory.

> A lot of what he posts is just
> > banter.
>
> He's a blathering idiot that's sometimes dangerous. Did you forget the
> "Shelters" thread?

Don't remember it. I don't read a lot of what is posted.

> Also, lot of good information in a thread gets buried
> by his stupid nonsense. He's like the class clown that causes trouble for
> everyone.

A lot of good info gets buried by a lot of things. Flame wars, ****ing
wars, ego battles, Ot discussion, whatever. None of this is new to
this ng, nor any other ng I read. Barry is at least harmless - I doubt
he will be calling the cops on anyone, any time soon, over some
flamewar.

<snip>

> Not by him. A stray or feral is better off left alone than 'helped' by him.
> If he wants to help- he should donate money to a feral group.

I can't make that assessment. For all I know he's diabetic and injects
himself daily so is comfortable with doing injections....or cares for a
sick relative, or shoots up daily, or is a vet tech in disguise, or
whatever. All I wanted him to know is that it isn't just a matter of
injecting the cat where ever you want.

> You have to weigh
> > the pros and cons of doing it vs. not doing it - and IMO that's a
> > personal choice. I just wanted him to know that if he chose to do
> > so, he had to know what he was doing because he could cause damage.
>

> I don't think he's competent to ever administer vaccines- regardless of how
> much you teach him.

I wasn't "teaching" him - just offering input. I don't pretend to
"teach" anyone. Data is data - take it or leave it. Barry (or anyone
else for that matter) can make the assesment of whether or not I have
my head up my ass, as I do for everyone else who posts here. If he
decides to shoot up cats, there's not much anyone can do to stop him.

> Its easy if you remember: R for Rabies and Right; L for Leukemia and Left.

I remembered it "(F)e(L)V = Front Left". I just remembered it wrong.
I was taught "(R)abies = Right Rear" so that's probably what threw me
off. Thanks for the link, BTW.

-L.

Phil P.
October 31st 05, 11:32 AM
"-L." > wrote in message
oups.com...

> Whatever.

Yeah, whatever. I guess I'm not as forgiving as you when it comes to cats.
I wasted enough time on him.

> > Its easy if you remember: R for Rabies and Right; L for Leukemia and
Left.

> I remembered it "(F)e(L)V = Front Left". I just remembered it wrong.
> I was taught "(R)abies = Right Rear" so that's probably what threw me
> off. Thanks for the link, BTW.

Have you seen the new VET JET transdermal vaccination system from Merial?
No needle- forced air is used to deliver the vaccine. Uses less antigen
and no adjuvants, too.

whitershadeofpale
October 31st 05, 12:57 PM
Ah! you still sore about macs nuggets!

wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooo!

Seriously dude! Nuggets for cats is not doing them any favors

I don't have to tell you the real damage you are doing to them.

Phil P. wrote:
> "-L." > wrote in message
> oups.com...
>
> >Front-right shoulder - FVRCP (subQ)
> >Right-rear leg - rabies (IM)
> >Front-left shoulder FeLV (subQ)
>

> Please don't encourage people- especially that idiot to vaccinate cats
> himself- he'll probably hit a nerve and paralyze the poor cat. The thought
> of him sticking a needle in a cat- or even being near s cat- scares the
> hell out me.
>
> Any cat can develop an adverse effect- or even full blown anaphylatic shock-
> from *any* vaccine. So, unless a person has been trained in treating
> adverse reactions and anaphylaxis they should not be administering
> vaccines.
>
> Btw, FeLV should be administered in the left *rear leg* as distally as
> possible- not in the shoulder.
>
> (See AAFP Vaccination Guidlines)
> http://www.maxshouse.com/aafp_vaccination_site_recommenda.htm
>

> Phil

whitershadeofpale
October 31st 05, 01:07 PM
Phil P. wrote:
> "-L." > wrote in message
> oups.com...
> >
> > Whatever.
>

> Yeah, whatever. I guess I'm not as forgiving as you when it comes to cats.
> I wasted enough time on him.
>

> > > Its easy if you remember: R for Rabies and Right; L for Leukemia and
> Left.
> >
> > I remembered it "(F)e(L)V = Front Left". I just remembered it wrong.
> > I was taught "(R)abies = Right Rear" so that's probably what threw me
> > off. Thanks for the link, BTW.
>

> Have you seen the new VET JET transdermal vaccination system from Merial?
> No needle- forced air is used to deliver the vaccine. Uses less antigen
> and no adjuvants, too.

Well the nice lady from Peacemail pretty much spoke my mind.

Give it a rest Phil.

I thought the shelter question was right on! The shelter question also
created a beautiful platform to clear up misconceptions heh?

You was too busy VENTING to notice

whitershadeofpale
October 31st 05, 01:26 PM
-L. wrote:
> Phil P. wrote:
> > >
> > > I don't consider Barry an idiot.
> >

> > I'd like to have you on my jury if I'm ever on trial.
>
> It'll never happen. I hate cops and tell them so during voire dire, so
> that I get thrown off.

WHO ARE YOU REALLY? I mean when nobodies looking.

How'd you wind up in a place like this! lol

Yes it was sad about my cat. On the bright side, we did have a
wonderful time together; when I rescued him, he was living outside,
eating Food Lion crunchy cat food. He had been abandoned in that
neighborhood. I had even talked with the people who witnessed Ruprecht
being abandoned (he was Sam then). A lady pulls up in a car and puts
the cat out and drives off. Poor cat!

The way I was raised was to not be insensitive towards someone, and
especially after they have lost something they loved, you just don't do
it.

My take on Phil is that he has some issues.

I see him as a difficult person to be around. To break it down without
all the how comes*, Phil has lowered opinion of himself. I'm not
slamming him, it's just what I see.

Here I am totally envogue on the issues, just trying to evoke an
intelligent conversation.

What I likes about Lyn, is that you don't pass judgement, you see
oppurtunity to sow seed. I care more about animals today because of
you. It's true.

In spite of the antics head on fire and what not...I see you know your
stuff when it comes to animals, but one cannot care about animals no
more than they care about people, sooo this says alot about you, I like
people who value human life. I can also spot a conterfiet, and see when
someone is masquerading behind something. <coughphil, cough>

He be alright! I think Phil is smart enough to get with the program

Phil P.
October 31st 05, 03:34 PM
"whitershadeofpale" > wrote in message
ups.com...

> The way I was raised was to not be insensitive towards someone, and
> especially after they have lost something they loved, you just don't do
> it.
>
> My take on Phil is that he has some issues.

Yeah- blabbering idiots like you that are dangerous to cats.

> I see him as a difficult person to be around.

Only the assholes think so - and I think they're right.

To break it down without
> all the how comes*, Phil has lowered opinion of himself. I'm not
> slamming him, it's just what I see.

Apparently, you don't see very well.

> Here I am totally envogue on the issues,

You're clueless.

just trying to evoke an
> intelligent conversation.

How do you plan to accomplish that feat?

one cannot care about animals no
> more than they care about people,

Sure you can! Work in rescue for awhile- you'll see how easy it is.

I can also spot a conterfiet, and see when
> someone is masquerading behind something.

Those black helicopters are scary as hell- aren't they, Barry?

Phil P.
October 31st 05, 03:35 PM
"whitershadeofpale" > wrote in message

> Well the nice lady from Peacemail pretty much spoke my mind.

It looks like some has to because you can't do it very well.

The shelter question also
> created a beautiful platform to clear up misconceptions heh?

Yeah- misconceptions that *you* created with your mindless blabber. Try
something new: think before you type.

No More Retail
October 31st 05, 04:15 PM
WOULD YOU 2 TAKE A BREAK PLEASE

You both can agree to disagree you 2 both love cats you want what is best
you 2 can't stand each other We all know that Drop the name calling, the
flaming give it a rest you 2 Both of you needs to be put over my knee
and be given a spanking if you 2 keep it up just can't decide if you would
like it to much ;-)

But seriously you both post helpful information if you don't agree with the
post say so you not start flames
Both are acting like 5 year olds that the teacher needs to separate you both
and put you in the corner

CAN"T WE ALL BE FRIENDS :-)

whitershadeofpale
October 31st 05, 04:18 PM
Phil P. wrote:

> Yeah- misconceptions that *you* created with your mindless blabber. Try
> something new: think before you type.

dang, poor Phil, can't even pick a fight.

I'm going to post the nutrition guide on macnuggets, doing this will
nullify your little soapbox sessions

this is usenet anything you say can and will be used against you

brb

6 pc right?

whitershadeofpale
October 31st 05, 04:26 PM
Chicken McNuggets® (6 piece) 3.4 oz (96 g)

250 Calories

130 Calories from fat (seems a little high the closer the fat number to
the tot calories the worse

15 Grams of fat (22% of daily allotment for a 2000 calorie diet..hmmmm)

3g saturated fat

Thirty Five Grams of cholestorol...well, that's not bad, that's only
12%, but then again the average person weighs 75% more than the average
cat

I think you know where Im headed with this

aaaaaaannnd Ill cut you another break

Here is my research link...
http://www.mcdonalds.com/app_controller.nutrition.index1.html

Phil P.
October 31st 05, 04:28 PM
"No More Retail" > wrote in message
om...
> WOULD YOU 2 TAKE A BREAK PLEASE

You're a little too new here to be hall monitor. ;)

Phil P.
October 31st 05, 04:29 PM
"whitershadeofpale" > wrote in message
ups.com...

> Phil P. wrote:
>
> > Yeah- misconceptions that *you* created with your mindless blabber. Try
> > something new: think before you type.
>
> dang, poor Phil, can't even pick a fight.

Its no fun fighting an unarmed person. So I'll be gentle with you.

No More Retail
October 31st 05, 04:40 PM
I am not playing hall monitor ;-) just asking YOU 2 TAKE A BREAK PLEASE
you 2 are arguing like 2 old maids I am wonder where to send the gerital
and the nanny outfits :-o

You both are starting to remind me of the odd couple :-)

October 31st 05, 05:29 PM
no more retail wrote:
>WOULD YOU 2 TAKE A BREAK >PLEASE

Asking people to stop a flame war is useless and it's better to ignore
them and let it die out on its own. Your time would be much better spent
learning how to punctuate, write proper sentences and post things that
are actually on topic rather than a bunch of OT nonsense like recipes.
rec.food.cooking is the appropriate place for that. If you are looking
to be a social butterfly, rec.pets.anecdotes will welcome you with open
arms.

And before you suggest that I killfile you, FYI I do not have killfile
capabilities and have to click through every nonsensical, OT post you
write. I'd rather spend my time answering cat-related posts and helping
people.

You are certainly free to do as you wish, write what you want, and be
discourteous if you so desire. Free speech and all that. As I am free to
express my disdain for such practices.

Megan

nothing."

-Edmund Burke

Learn The TRUTH About Declawing
http://www.stopdeclaw.com

Zuzu's Cats Photo Album:
http://www.PictureTrail.com/zuzu22

way."

- W.H. Murray

No More Retail
October 31st 05, 05:45 PM
Whatever Megan

Hey Phil P. and White shade of pale pass me the ball back The teacher told
me I can't play no more :-(

-L.
October 31st 05, 05:54 PM
whitershadeofpale wrote:
> What I likes about Lyn, is that you don't pass judgement, you see
> oppurtunity to sow seed.

I pass judgement plenty. I just don't do so over things that aren't
worth fighting for.

> I care more about animals today because of
> you. It's true.

If so, then I have served my purpose here. Shall I leave now?

> In spite of the antics head on fire and what not...I see you know your
> stuff when it comes to animals, but one cannot care about animals no
> more than they care about people, sooo this says alot about you, I like
> people who value human life.

You have to. I love animals probably more than the next person. But
if you lack compassion for humans, you are inhumane too. I think some
people forget this.

I see "pets" as slaves. We made them into slaves, and I think that's
abhorrent.

>I can also spot a conterfiet, and see when
> someone is masquerading behind something. <coughphil, cough>
>
> He be alright! I think Phil is smart enough to get with the program

We all have our own issues. ;)
-L.

Lumpy
October 31st 05, 05:55 PM
"No More Retail" > wrote in message
m...
> Whatever Megan
>
> Hey Phil P. and White shade of pale pass me the ball back The teacher
told
> me I can't play no more :-(

Post exactly as you wish to post. Please. That is what Usenet is for.
Never let anyone intimidate you into doing otherwise. It just
encourages bad habits in control freaks. Trust me on this.

-L.
October 31st 05, 05:58 PM
Lumpy wrote:
> Post exactly as you wish to post. Please. That is what Usenet is for.

Yeah, and when I did that you called the pig patrol. ****ING
Hypocrite.

-L.

No More Retail
October 31st 05, 06:00 PM
she made me very afraid :-( Are you sure it is ok to post?

I am scared now <running to the corner to hide> ;-)

cybercat
October 31st 05, 06:18 PM
"Phil P." > wrote in message

> "No More Retail" > wrote in message
> om...
> > WOULD YOU 2 TAKE A BREAK PLEASE
>

> You're a little too new here to be hall monitor. ;)

Pfft! Like anyone could be here long enough to pull that off!
hahaha, Phil you so funny. :)

Phil P.
October 31st 05, 07:09 PM
"whitershadeofpale" > wrote in message
oups.com...
>Chicken McNuggets® (6 piece) 3.4 oz (96 g)

>250 Calories

.....per *6 pieces*- the cats only get one piece each- about once a month-
about 40 kcals. each.

>130 Calories from fat (seems a little high the closer the fat number to
>the tot calories the worse

That's 21 kcal per piece. And?

>15 Grams of fat

That 15 grams of fat translates into 2.5 grams of fat *per piece*.
Woooooooo! LOL!

..and *15 grams* of *protein*- forgot about that, eh, slick?

When (if) you learn a little more about feline physiology and nutrition
you'll understand cats metabolize and utilize fat extremely well. An adult
mouse contains 23.6% fat and a juvenile mouse contains 30% fat. So what's
the problem with a Chicken MacNugget one a month?

>I think you know where Im headed with this

Yeah- the same place you always head- *nowhere*! LOL! That's all you've
got? I though you might actually have something useful to say- for a
change. Looks like I thought wrong. But it was a good try- not good enough,
off course- but still a
good try- at least for you. There might be some hope for you, afterall- but
I'm not making any bets on it.

whitershadeofpale
November 1st 05, 01:41 PM
sure, once a month is not bad at all.

I was thinking more about that Showtime special called ((((( SUPER SIZE
ME )))))

You didn't say once a month, I was thinking, 2 and 3 times a week.

whitershadeofpale
November 1st 05, 01:46 PM
No More Retail wrote:
..
> Whatever Megan
>
> Hey Phil P. and White shade of pale pass me the ball back The teacher told
> me I can't play no more :-(

Here ya go!

<beans NMR with the ball>

THWAPT!

No More Retail
November 1st 05, 04:42 PM
Did the stray come back yet

whitershadeofpale
November 1st 05, 06:23 PM
No More Retail wrote:
> Did the stray come back yet

she's been here, she is one of the regulars

the reason I let her in...
one night, I put the food out
(Now I use a china place with the a gold rim)
it's real dainty for a cat, plus I can clean it easy.

I heard her crying, I went out, there she stood
under my truck; looking at the big empty plate; and
telling me she was hungry. (someone had eaten all the food) It was cold
and rainy, so I brought her in and fed her.

Poor Cat!

She'll be around.

Phil P.
November 1st 05, 06:41 PM
"whitershadeofpale" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> sure, once a month is not bad at all.
>
> I was thinking more about that Showtime special called ((((( SUPER SIZE
> ME )))))
>
> You didn't say once a month, I was thinking, 2 and 3 times a week.

You should have asked before ASSuming.

Even a Chicken MacNugget a few times a month for them is ok.

whitershadeofpale
November 1st 05, 08:19 PM
like hell it is!

I didn't even mention the cholestorol!

HEY do what you want, it's your pussy!

whitershadeofpale
November 1st 05, 08:24 PM
whitershadeofpale wrote:
> like hell it is!
>
> I didn't even mention the cholestorol!
>
> HEY do what you want, it's your pussy!

Just don't come on here crying about your cats
when they are laid out in the floor grabbing their chest

oh and uh SUPERSIZE IT PHIL!

You know damn well McDonalds will kill ya!

Otherwise why would Phil bring this back up.

Feeling bad?

Yuh! I'd say so!

Now! On that note: (damn i'm good)

Why not take this oppurtunity to tell us what else you feed your cat.
(Like when you goto Long John Silvers) and the big 4.99 take home
buffet!!!!

Tell it all tell it all!

a little sliced ham from the deli?
smoked turkey?

hell, probably anything they want! yeeeeeeeaah!

Your pussy whipped!!!

No More Retail
November 1st 05, 08:28 PM
We all are guilty of doing something like that ;-) I just did it a couple
days ago when we had the hog roast and BBQ

> Your pussy whipped!!!

Aren't all men or at least we want to be :-)

whitershadeofpale
November 1st 05, 09:57 PM
No More Retail wrote:
> We all are guilty of doing something like that ;-) I just did it a couple
> days ago when we had the hog roast and BBQ
>

> > Your pussy whipped!!!
>
> Aren't all men or at least we want to be :-)

A good pussy will wreck you if you allow it! That's the key here.

You half to stay on top of things!

In another thread, Lyn is saying we make animals slaves?

I am confrused

What came first the slave or the shovel? mhmm

YA'LLS CATS MUST BE OUT OF CONTROL!

You are pussy whooped! haaaaaaaaaaaa ha

Phil P.
November 2nd 05, 01:40 AM
"whitershadeofpale" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> whitershadeofpale wrote:
> > like hell it is!
> >
> > I didn't even mention the cholestorol!
> >
> > HEY do what you want, it's your pussy!
>

> Just don't come on here crying about your cats
> when they are laid out in the floor grabbing their chest
>
> oh and uh SUPERSIZE IT PHIL!
>
> You know damn well McDonalds will kill ya!
>
> Otherwise why would Phil bring this back up.
>
> Feeling bad?
>
> Yuh! I'd say so!
>
> Now! On that note: (damn i'm good)

Good at babbling.

> Why not take this oppurtunity to tell us what else you feed your cat.
> (Like when you goto Long John Silvers) and the big 4.99 take home
> buffet!!!!
>
> Tell it all tell it all!
>
> a little sliced ham from the deli?
> smoked turkey?
>
> hell, probably anything they want! yeeeeeeeaah!
>
> Your pussy whipped!!!

You're babbling incoherent gibberish again, Barry.

whitershadeofpale
November 2nd 05, 02:29 AM
ill take that as a yes
thank you

November 2nd 05, 03:44 AM
whitershadeofpale wrote:
> Here I am totally envogue on the issues, just trying to evoke an
> intelligent conversation.

Kepp trying, you're making progress. Maybe you can move out from
underneath that bridge. Don't get me wrong. I'm trying to avoid my cave
this winter.

whitershadeofpale
November 2nd 05, 03:50 AM
well we all opinions

it's my contribution to the group

deep down they love it
they need it
they got it

and

it's no sacrifice

I think...feeling anything is better than feeling nothing see

Phil P.
November 2nd 05, 10:02 AM
"whitershadeofpale" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> ill take that as a yes

Then you're deluding yourself because that's not what I said. But you're
welcome to take it any way you like.