PDA

View Full Version : Cat poops when he doesn't get soft food

JL
October 29th 05, 03:00 AM
Hi everyone,

My cat Snowball and his brother Squirrell love getting soft food as a treat.
My wife feeds them on a paper plate.

Now, after several years of a routine, they beg everytime we go into the
kitchen. My wife only gives them the food once per day. Snowball now wants
soft food more often. Whenever we make food for ourselves or take out a
paper plate, Snowball will beg for food. If it is not time for them to get
soft food, Snowball will now poop in a corner of the living room. He has
done this three times already.

How do we get this to stop? We've thought of ending the soft food entirely,
but I don't know if this will work.

Thanks for any advice you may have!

JL

whitershadeofpale
October 29th 05, 03:10 AM
JL wrote:

> Thanks for any advice you may have!
>
> JL

switch them over to soft food, why not

mice, and birds and rabbits are softfood

Karen
October 29th 05, 03:23 AM
On 2005-10-28 21:00:01 -0500, "JL" > said:

> Hi everyone,
>
> My cat Snowball and his brother Squirrell love getting soft food as a treat.
> My wife feeds them on a paper plate.
>
> Now, after several years of a routine, they beg everytime we go into the
> kitchen. My wife only gives them the food once per day. Snowball now wants
> soft food more often. Whenever we make food for ourselves or take out a
> paper plate, Snowball will beg for food. If it is not time for them to get
> soft food, Snowball will now poop in a corner of the living room. He has
> done this three times already.
>
> How do we get this to stop? We've thought of ending the soft food entirely,
> but I don't know if this will work.
>
> Thanks for any advice you may have!
>
> JL

You need to get him checked. Any kind of elimination deviations can be
indicative of an illness. It may indeed be related to wanting more food
too, such as diabetes or thyroid problems.

John Doe
October 29th 05, 03:56 AM
"whitershadeofpale" > wrote:

> switch them over to soft food, why not
> mice, and birds and rabbits are softfood

Unfortunately, so are cats. Did you forget so soon?

whitershadeofpale
October 29th 05, 05:08 AM
Karen wrote:

> You need to get him checked. Any kind of elimination deviations can be
> indicative of an illness. It may indeed be related to wanting more food
> too, such as diabetes or thyroid problems.

Im usually wrong, and the ladies are usally right, women seem to be
more intuitive about these things.

I read the OP as...cat poops when he doesnt get his way

like: out with the dry..bring on the soft! lol
you know a protest,lol

Judy
October 29th 05, 05:14 AM
"JL" > wrote in message
> Hi everyone,
>
> My cat Snowball and his brother Squirrell love getting soft food as a
> treat.
> My wife feeds them on a paper plate.
>
> Now, after several years of a routine, they beg everytime we go into the
> kitchen. My wife only gives them the food once per day. Snowball now
> wants
> soft food more often. Whenever we make food for ourselves or take out a
> paper plate, Snowball will beg for food. If it is not time for them to
> get
> soft food, Snowball will now poop in a corner of the living room. He has
> done this three times already.
>
> How do we get this to stop? We've thought of ending the soft food
> entirely,
> but I don't know if this will work.
>
> Thanks for any advice you may have!
>
> JL

Inappropriate pooping is often as a result of a medical problem. Have you
had a conversation with your vet?

whitershadeofpale
October 29th 05, 05:28 AM
haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ha,

hope he scoots on you're pillow case, your bed sheets, the curtains and
more!

Excretions? Its called **** John!

this ain't mr rogers neighborhood

John Doe wrote:
> "whitershadeofpale" > wrote:
>
> > switch them over to soft food, why not
> > mice, and birds and rabbits are softfood
>
> Unfortunately, so are cats. Did you forget so soon?

No More Retail
October 29th 05, 06:23 AM
It sounds like a spoiled cat if he only does it when he does not get his way