PDA

View Full Version : scooting

John Doe
October 29th 05, 03:54 AM
Kitty, my 15 pound young male cat was in the litter box as usual.
This time, as he exited the closet where the litter box is kept, he
scooted his butt on the floor for about 2 feet, leaving a skidmark.
He scurried across the floor and did the same thing again. I was a
little surprised/alarmed by then. He did the same thing two or three
more times in rapid succession and it was like "WHAT ARE YOU
DOING?!" Yes, I know what he was doing.

Oh well, good thing I bought a carpet shampooer not long ago.

--
no, he doesn't need taking to the vet, he is in good health and I
keep an eye on their excretions (all types) checking for anything

Phil P.
October 29th 05, 06:23 AM
"John Doe" > wrote in message
> Kitty, my 15 pound young male cat was in the litter box as usual.
> This time, as he exited the closet where the litter box is kept, he
> scooted his butt on the floor for about 2 feet, leaving a skidmark.
> He scurried across the floor and did the same thing again. I was a
> little surprised/alarmed by then. He did the same thing two or three
> more times in rapid succession and it was like "WHAT ARE YOU
> DOING?!" Yes, I know what he was doing.
>
> Oh well, good thing I bought a carpet shampooer not long ago.

> no, he doesn't need taking to the vet,

Yes he does. Scooting is almost invariably a sign of worms or
impacted/infected anal sacs.

John Doe
October 29th 05, 06:32 AM
troll

"Phil P." <phil maxshouse.com> wrote:

> From: "Phil P." <phil maxshouse.com>
> Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.health+behav
> Subject: Re: scooting
> Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2005 01:23:50 -0400
>

> "John Doe" <jdoe usenet.love.invalid> wrote in message
> news:Xns96FDD87FB6069follydom 207.115.17.102...
>> Kitty, my 15 pound young male cat was in the litter box as usual.
>> This time, as he exited the closet where the litter box is kept, he
>> scooted his butt on the floor for about 2 feet, leaving a skidmark.
>> He scurried across the floor and did the same thing again. I was a
>> little surprised/alarmed by then. He did the same thing two or three
>> more times in rapid succession and it was like "WHAT ARE YOU
>> DOING?!" Yes, I know what he was doing.
>>
>> Oh well, good thing I bought a carpet shampooer not long ago.
>
>> no, he doesn't need taking to the vet,
>
> Yes he does. Scooting is almost invariably a sign of worms or
> impacted/infected anal sacs.

Phil P.
October 29th 05, 06:48 AM
"John Doe" > wrote in message
> troll

Moron. LOL!

whitershadeofpale
October 29th 05, 07:02 AM
eeeewww
your cat has worms John! ass worms (the worst kind)

John Doe wrote:
> Kitty, my 15 pound young male cat was in the litter box as usual.
> This time, as he exited the closet where the litter box is kept, he
> scooted his butt on the floor for about 2 feet, leaving a skidmark.
> He scurried across the floor and did the same thing again. I was a
> little surprised/alarmed by then. He did the same thing two or three
> more times in rapid succession and it was like "WHAT ARE YOU
> DOING?!" Yes, I know what he was doing.
>
> Oh well, good thing I bought a carpet shampooer not long ago.
>

> --
> no, he doesn't need taking to the vet, he is in good health and I
> keep an eye on their excretions (all types) checking for anything
> unusual... I just thought his antic might sound funny, only given the
> fact that it's not chronic

John Doe
October 29th 05, 08:22 AM
"whitershadeofpale" > wrote:

> eeeewww
> your cat has worms John! ass worms (the worst kind)

I guess some people have never had a clump of **** stuck to their butt.

Actually, he's pretty much clueless when it comes to personal hygiene.

I usually don't like to see my cat licking its rear end, but now it
seems okay.

>> I JUST THOUGHT HIS ANTIC MIGHT SOUND FUNNY, ONLY GIVEN THE
>> FACT THAT IT'S NOT CHRONIC

whitershadeofpale
October 29th 05, 08:37 AM
John Doe wrote:

> I usually don't like to see my cat licking its rear end, but now it
> seems okay.
>

> >> I JUST THOUGHT HIS ANTIC MIGHT SOUND FUNNY, ONLY GIVEN THE
> >> FACT THAT IT'S NOT CHRONIC

well...

sounds more like what UB said, about the stalled glands.

If it was worms, they would not be itching pro say, after having taken
a nice Phil.

however, I could see glands itching after having taken a dump.

Now! You should butter up to Phil, and ask him about the glands.

Meanwhile, why not do your cat a favor and scratch his ass for him.
Come'on Doe be a real cat lover!

John Doe
October 29th 05, 08:52 AM
"Phil P." > wrote:

> Moron. LOL!

When did you stop trying to make other people laugh?

Lumpy
October 29th 05, 11:42 AM
"John Doe" > wrote in message
> troll

I think you mean "right." Take him to the vet if you care about him.

> "Phil P." <phil maxshouse.com> wrote:

> > From: "Phil P." <phil maxshouse.com>
> > Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.health+behav
> > Subject: Re: scooting
> > Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2005 01:23:50 -0400
> >

> > "John Doe" <jdoe usenet.love.invalid> wrote in message
> > news:Xns96FDD87FB6069follydom 207.115.17.102...
> >> Kitty, my 15 pound young male cat was in the litter box as usual.
> >> This time, as he exited the closet where the litter box is kept, he
> >> scooted his butt on the floor for about 2 feet, leaving a skidmark.
> >> He scurried across the floor and did the same thing again. I was a
> >> little surprised/alarmed by then. He did the same thing two or three
> >> more times in rapid succession and it was like "WHAT ARE YOU
> >> DOING?!" Yes, I know what he was doing.
> >>
> >> Oh well, good thing I bought a carpet shampooer not long ago.
> >
> >> no, he doesn't need taking to the vet,
> >
> > Yes he does. Scooting is almost invariably a sign of worms or
> > impacted/infected anal sacs.

John Doe
October 29th 05, 09:29 PM
A bleeding heart troll on the Internet.

"Lumpy" <cattoy cattoy.net> wrote:

> From: "Lumpy" <cattoy cattoy.net>
> Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.health+behav
> Subject: Re: scooting
> Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2005 06:42:53 -0400
>

> "John Doe" <jdoe usenet.love.invalid> wrote in message
> news:Xns96FE59588B7Efollydom 207.115.17.102...
>> troll
>
> I think you mean "right." Take him to the vet if you care about him.

Lumpy
October 30th 05, 01:11 AM

Phil wrote:

> Yes he does. Scooting is almost invariably a sign of worms or
> impacted/infected anal sacs.

John Doe" then replied:

Then Lumpy said:

>I think you mean "right." Take him to the vet if you care about him.

And then "John Doe" > actually said

> A bleeding heart troll on the Internet.

Quite right. My heart bleeds for your cat. Idiot.

John Doe
October 30th 05, 01:58 AM
"Lumpy" <cattoy cattoy.net> wrote:
> "John Doe" jdoe usenet.love.invalid> wrote in message

>> A bleeding heart troll on the Internet.

> Quite right. My heart bleeds for your cat.

Of course it does, just like a bleeding heart liberal spending
someone else's money, you can't be charitable enough.

> Idiot.

Inferiority complex.

> From: "Lumpy" <cattoy cattoy.net>
> Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.health+behav
> Subject: Re: scooting
> Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2005 21:11:31 -0400

cybercat
October 30th 05, 03:32 AM
"John Doe" > wrote in message
> "Lumpy" <cattoy cattoy.net> wrote:
> > "John Doe" jdoe usenet.love.invalid> wrote in message
>
> >> A bleeding heart troll on the Internet.
>
> > Quite right. My heart bleeds for your cat.
>
> Of course it does, just like a bleeding heart liberal spending
> someone else's money, you can't be charitable enough.
>
> > Idiot.
>
> Inferiority complex.

What does any of this have to do with the fact that
your cat has impacted anal glands and needs to see a
vet?

John Doe
October 30th 05, 03:39 AM
"whitershadeofpale" > wrote:

> sounds more like what UB said, about the stalled glands.
> If it was worms, they would not be itching pro say, after having
> taken a nice Phil.
> however, I could see glands itching after having taken a dump.

But in fact, I could see Phil left on the carpet. It wasn't itching,
it was a clump of **** stuck to his butt, and that's why it hasn't
happened since then or before then.

How incredibly silly/thoughtless for anyone to suggest taking your
cat to the vet because it had a clump of **** stuck to its butt.

Haven't you ever had a clump of **** stuck to your butt?

John Doe
October 30th 05, 03:41 AM
troll

"cybercat" <boagrrl hotmail.com> wrote:

> From: "cybercat" <boagrrl hotmail.com>
> Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.health+behav
> Subject: Re: scooting
> Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2005 23:32:09 -0400
>

> "John Doe" <jdoe usenet.love.invalid> wrote in message
> news:Xns96FED562EC9F1follydom 207.115.17.102...

>> > Quite right. My heart bleeds for your cat.
>>
>> Of course it does, just like a bleeding heart liberal spending
>> someone else's money, you can't be charitable enough.
>>
>> > Idiot.
>>
>> Inferiority complex.
>>

> What does any of this have to do with the fact that
> your cat has impacted anal glands and needs to see a
> vet?

whitershadeofpale
October 30th 05, 06:10 AM
John Doe wrote:

> Haven't you ever had a clump of **** stuck to your butt?

I know Blink shaves his cat down (or he pays someone to do it)

but...maybe your cat should get a trim back there no?

John Doe
October 30th 05, 07:20 AM
"whitershadeofpale" > wrote:
> John Doe wrote:

>> Haven't you ever had a clump of **** stuck to your butt?

> I know Blink shaves his cat down (or he pays someone to do it)
> but...maybe your cat should get a trim back there no?

I don't think his hair is that type, but I will check. Also, sometimes
ingested hair doesn't come out easily.

Phil P.
October 31st 05, 03:51 AM
"John Doe" > wrote in message
> "Phil P." > wrote:

> > Moron. LOL!
>
> When did you stop trying to make other people laugh?

You haven't! You're moronic 'troll' posts are hilarious! LOL!

Btw, moron, the "LOLs" mean I'm laughing at you.

Phil P.
October 31st 05, 03:53 AM
"John Doe" > wrote in message
> "whitershadeofpale" > wrote:

> > sounds more like what UB said, about the stalled glands.
> > If it was worms, they would not be itching pro say, after having
> > taken a nice Phil.
> > however, I could see glands itching after having taken a dump.
>
> But in fact, I could see Phil left on the carpet. It wasn't itching,
> it was a clump of **** stuck to his butt, and that's why it hasn't
> happened since then or before then.
>
> How incredibly silly/thoughtless for anyone to suggest taking your
> cat to the vet because it had a clump of **** stuck to its butt.
>
> Haven't you ever had a clump of **** stuck to your butt?

I think its hilarious that the only person you can hold a conversation with
is
Barry! LOL! Dumb & Dumber!

Brian Link
October 31st 05, 04:29 AM
On 29 Oct 2005 23:10:59 -0700, "whitershadeofpale"
> wrote:

>John Doe wrote:
>
>> Haven't you ever had a clump of **** stuck to your butt?
>
>I know Blink shaves his cat down (or he pays someone to do it)
>
>but...maybe your cat should get a trim back there no?

Our stray that Megan ended up adopting, Henry, was a very long-hair
Maine Coon-ish moggie. If he had loose stools, it would gum up the fur
under his tail, and he would scoot. I took him to the vet in alarm the
first time it happened, and he explained that sometimes cats have that
problem when they're very long-haired. If they're outside, they have a
lot of chances to slough off excess fur (bushes, tree bark, rolling in
gravel) that they don't get indoors. And grass makes better toilet
paper than a wood floor or carpet..

You might ask Megan whether he still scoots. She'd be the ultimate
authority on how to treat the problem.

When Our old-timer, Tiger, has a change in diet (we're out of food and
need to feed him dry or treats) he'll occasionally get the runs and
scoot too. That happens maybe every six months or so.

It may be as simple as this.. but worms are also something to look at.
Henry did have worms when we first got him, though he scooted after
they'd supposedly been eradicated with medication.

BLink

No More Retail
October 31st 05, 04:30 AM
Careful Phil he might start hearing voices :-o

Phil P.
October 31st 05, 04:41 AM
"No More Retail" > wrote in message
. ..
> Careful Phil he might start hearing voices :-o

I think its too late- he hears them already. In fact, he has meaningful
conversations with them. LOL!

No More Retail
October 31st 05, 05:11 AM
that in itself is a scary thought!
ROFLMAO

Phil P.
October 31st 05, 05:42 AM
"No More Retail" > wrote in message
om...
> that in itself is a scary thought!
> ROFLMAO

Who else could he have a meaningful conversation with other than himself?
LOL!

Now we'll both be getting "troll" replies from him- unless he's out trick or
treating.

No More Retail
October 31st 05, 06:30 AM
Oh well been called worse LOL Go feed those ferals Phil before it gets to
late

Phil P.
October 31st 05, 06:57 AM
"No More Retail" > wrote in message
m...
> Oh well been called worse LOL

He's called half the group trolls so you'll be in good company.

Go feed those ferals Phil before it gets to
> late

I fed them hours ago- Sunday's are easy nights.

No More Retail
October 31st 05, 07:09 AM
If I am I will wear the badge proudly just so easy to kill fill them but
you get such a good laugh at their expense

I can't sleep to much food at the BBQ keep having to get back up and chase
the firballs away from the frig had to prop a chair against it they keep
opening the frig trying to get the left over hog, steaks, chicken
I am going to duct tape it in minute if they keep it up ;-)

Phil P.
October 31st 05, 07:26 AM
"No More Retail" > wrote in message
. ..
> If I am I will wear the badge proudly just so easy to kill fill them but
> you get such a good laugh at their expense
>
> I can't sleep to much food at the BBQ keep having to get back up and
chase
> the firballs away from the frig had to prop a chair against it they keep
> opening the frig trying to get the left over hog, steaks, chicken
> I am going to duct tape it in minute if they keep it up ;-)

Go ahead- give in and a give 'em a few pieces of chicken (without the bones,
of course). Whenever I stop at MacDonald's I always get a 6 piece chicken
Mac Nuggets for the cats so I can eat mine in peace.

No More Retail
October 31st 05, 07:40 AM
They have been eating all night just like we have
they are con artist they sweetened up to everyone to get tid bits I am
waiting to start hearing that 4 am hacking

Oh you learned the art of distraction When the delivery of Krispy Kreme
gets here that I take in for the morning shift. I get extra for them that
I can toss and run for the door. And yes my employess are just as spoiled
as my kids

And yes I get no sleep from my company and the volunteer work that I do

whitershadeofpale
October 31st 05, 07:51 AM
Phil P. wrote:

> Go ahead- give in and a give 'em a few pieces of chicken (without the bones,
> of course). Whenever I stop at MacDonald's I always get a 6 piece chicken
> Mac Nuggets for the cats so I can eat mine in peace.

GASP!

btw: ain't you a little to old to be eating Macs nuggets?
omg you're just in it for the plastic toy

Phil P.
October 31st 05, 09:16 AM
"Nomen Nescio" ]> wrote in message

> From: "Phil P." >
>
> >He's called half the group trolls so you'll be in good company
>
> I got that beat.
> According to ol' JD, I'm a "Pacifist, role-playing psychic troll."

If you really **** him off the little turd will start calling your mother
names.

cybercat
October 31st 05, 04:22 PM
"Nomen Nescio" ]> wrote

> According to ol' JD, I'm a "Pacifist, role-playing psychic troll."

That was my favorite.

cybercat
October 31st 05, 05:01 PM
"Phil P." > wrote :

> Go ahead- give in and a give 'em a few pieces of chicken (without the
bones,
> of course). Whenever I stop at MacDonald's I always get a 6 piece chicken
> Mac Nuggets for the cats so I can eat mine in peace.

I have a friend whose cat pulls her fur out in one spot and then scratches
it raw--but only when my friend stops giving her chicken nuggets. I am
not lying. The kitty got used to having a couple of these in the afternoon
and when my friend stopped giving them to her (microwaved from a
bag of frozen) she began pulling out her fur. Now that she has resumed
the raw spot has healed and the fur is growing back in.