PDA

View Full Version : Abbey purred!

Candace
October 29th 05, 04:32 AM
She hadn't purred for almost 6 months. She was diagnosed with
chylothorax and fibrosing pleuritis (scarring of her lungs from the
chyle sitting in her chest cavity) in May. She had a *very* grave
prognosis, had her chest drained twice, was supposed to die. The 2
vets kept preparing me for that, said her chances of survival were less
than 10%. They said she wouldn't be able to get her chest drained
again probably because of all her lung damage. She took lasix and
rutin, very gradually improved.

Starting about 2 months ago, she started acting pretty normal
again...playing, eating more, doing all her old things. Gained her
weight back. But still never purred...not because she wasn't happy,
you could tell she was happy, but we figured some internal damage had
been done and she was not able to do so anymore.

Her breathing continued to look odd as though she was pushing the air
in and out with her abdominal muscles rather than her diaphragm (I
think that's how it works). A week or 2 ago I noticed her breathing
doesn't really look that odd anymore...almost like a normal cat now.

Last night, I was brushing her, and loud purring began!!!!!!!!!!! My
little girl is back to normal again.

Candace

See my cats:
http://photos.yahoo.com/maccandace

Lumpy
October 29th 05, 04:43 AM
"Candace" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> She hadn't purred for almost 6 months. She was diagnosed with
> chylothorax and fibrosing pleuritis (scarring of her lungs from the
> chyle sitting in her chest cavity) in May. She had a *very* grave
> prognosis, had her chest drained twice, was supposed to die. The 2
> vets kept preparing me for that, said her chances of survival were less
> than 10%. They said she wouldn't be able to get her chest drained
> again probably because of all her lung damage. She took lasix and
> rutin, very gradually improved.
>
> Starting about 2 months ago, she started acting pretty normal
> again...playing, eating more, doing all her old things. Gained her
> weight back. But still never purred...not because she wasn't happy,
> you could tell she was happy, but we figured some internal damage had
> been done and she was not able to do so anymore.
>
> Her breathing continued to look odd as though she was pushing the air
> in and out with her abdominal muscles rather than her diaphragm (I
> think that's how it works). A week or 2 ago I noticed her breathing
> doesn't really look that odd anymore...almost like a normal cat now.
>
> Last night, I was brushing her, and loud purring began!!!!!!!!!!! My
> little girl is back to normal again.
>
> Candace

Yea for Abbey!! I've been wondering about her. You've taken great
care of her, Candace. I'm really happy she is feeling well.

Karen
October 29th 05, 04:48 AM
On 2005-10-28 22:32:52 -0500, "Candace" > said:

> She hadn't purred for almost 6 months. She was diagnosed with
> chylothorax and fibrosing pleuritis (scarring of her lungs from the
> chyle sitting in her chest cavity) in May. She had a *very* grave
> prognosis, had her chest drained twice, was supposed to die. The 2
> vets kept preparing me for that, said her chances of survival were less
> than 10%. They said she wouldn't be able to get her chest drained
> again probably because of all her lung damage. She took lasix and
> rutin, very gradually improved.
>
> Starting about 2 months ago, she started acting pretty normal
> again...playing, eating more, doing all her old things. Gained her
> weight back. But still never purred...not because she wasn't happy,
> you could tell she was happy, but we figured some internal damage had
> been done and she was not able to do so anymore.
>
> Her breathing continued to look odd as though she was pushing the air
> in and out with her abdominal muscles rather than her diaphragm (I
> think that's how it works). A week or 2 ago I noticed her breathing
> doesn't really look that odd anymore...almost like a normal cat now.
>
> Last night, I was brushing her, and loud purring began!!!!!!!!!!! My
> little girl is back to normal again.
>
> Candace
>
> See my cats: http://photos.yahoo.com/maccandace

Wow. That is just amazing and WONDERFUL! So nice to hear happy news. I
hope she is beating this!

Phil P.
October 29th 05, 06:22 AM
"Candace" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> She hadn't purred for almost 6 months. She was diagnosed with
> chylothorax and fibrosing pleuritis (scarring of her lungs from the
> chyle sitting in her chest cavity) in May. She had a *very* grave
> prognosis, had her chest drained twice, was supposed to die. The 2
> vets kept preparing me for that, said her chances of survival were less
> than 10%. They said she wouldn't be able to get her chest drained
> again probably because of all her lung damage. She took lasix and
> rutin, very gradually improved.
>
> Starting about 2 months ago, she started acting pretty normal
> again...playing, eating more, doing all her old things. Gained her
> weight back. But still never purred...not because she wasn't happy,
> you could tell she was happy, but we figured some internal damage had
> been done and she was not able to do so anymore.
>
> Her breathing continued to look odd as though she was pushing the air
> in and out with her abdominal muscles rather than her diaphragm (I
> think that's how it works). A week or 2 ago I noticed her breathing
> doesn't really look that odd anymore...almost like a normal cat now.
>
> Last night, I was brushing her, and loud purring began!!!!!!!!!!! My
> little girl is back to normal again.

That's wonderful! I'm really happy! I *knew* she'd be ok.

"10%" huh? When are these vets going to learn to never underestimate the
indomitable spirit of the cat and their unfathomable resilience?!

Give her a scritch or two for me.

Phil

> Candace
>
> See my cats:
> http://photos.yahoo.com/maccandace

.oO rach Oo.
October 29th 05, 02:29 PM
Fantastic news!! I bet now that she's started purring, she won't stop.

Great work!

--
..oO rach Oo.

"Candace" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> She hadn't purred for almost 6 months. She was diagnosed with
> chylothorax and fibrosing pleuritis (scarring of her lungs from the
> chyle sitting in her chest cavity) in May. She had a *very* grave
> prognosis, had her chest drained twice, was supposed to die. The 2
> vets kept preparing me for that, said her chances of survival were less
> than 10%. They said she wouldn't be able to get her chest drained
> again probably because of all her lung damage. She took lasix and
> rutin, very gradually improved.
>
> Starting about 2 months ago, she started acting pretty normal
> again...playing, eating more, doing all her old things. Gained her
> weight back. But still never purred...not because she wasn't happy,
> you could tell she was happy, but we figured some internal damage had
> been done and she was not able to do so anymore.
>
> Her breathing continued to look odd as though she was pushing the air
> in and out with her abdominal muscles rather than her diaphragm (I
> think that's how it works). A week or 2 ago I noticed her breathing
> doesn't really look that odd anymore...almost like a normal cat now.
>
> Last night, I was brushing her, and loud purring began!!!!!!!!!!! My
> little girl is back to normal again.
>
> Candace
>
> See my cats:
> http://photos.yahoo.com/maccandace

Juls
October 29th 05, 04:48 PM
In article . com>,
"Candace" > wrote:

> She hadn't purred for almost 6 months. She was diagnosed with
> chylothorax and fibrosing pleuritis (scarring of her lungs from the
> chyle sitting in her chest cavity) in May. She had a *very* grave
> prognosis, had her chest drained twice, was supposed to die. The 2
> vets kept preparing me for that, said her chances of survival were less
> than 10%. They said she wouldn't be able to get her chest drained
> again probably because of all her lung damage. She took lasix and
> rutin, very gradually improved.
>
> Starting about 2 months ago, she started acting pretty normal
> again...playing, eating more, doing all her old things. Gained her
> weight back. But still never purred...not because she wasn't happy,
> you could tell she was happy, but we figured some internal damage had
> been done and she was not able to do so anymore.
>
> Her breathing continued to look odd as though she was pushing the air
> in and out with her abdominal muscles rather than her diaphragm (I
> think that's how it works). A week or 2 ago I noticed her breathing
> doesn't really look that odd anymore...almost like a normal cat now.
>
> Last night, I was brushing her, and loud purring began!!!!!!!!!!! My
> little girl is back to normal again.
>
> Candace
>
> See my cats:
> http://photos.yahoo.com/maccandace

What wonderful news, Candace! Jack and Jazz send all of you hugs and
purrs!

--
j-u-l-i at e-c-t dot o-r-g
To email remove annoying hyphens

chas
October 29th 05, 06:22 PM
How fantastic!

There's no sound nicer than the sound of a contented happy cat.

chas

Jamie
October 29th 05, 07:32 PM
I am so happy that Abbey is doing better!
I am happy for you and her.
My cat Furby dies 2 months ago from Chylothorax.
What a horrible disease!
I did everything possible to save him.
I am a vet tech.
I spent thousand of dollars and even flew from California to Texas to
have a life saving surgery performed.
Furby died from cardiac arraest less then 2 hours after surgery.
I am still grieving the loss of my sweet bot.
My Abbey still keep purring.
It looks like all will be fine with her.
You are so blessed.

Jamie
October 29th 05, 07:33 PM
I am so happy that Abbey is doing better!
I am happy for you and her.
My cat Furby died 2 months ago from Chylothorax.
What a horrible disease!
I did everything possible to save him.
I am a vet tech.
I spent thousand of dollars and even flew from California to Texas to
have a life saving surgery performed on Furby.
Furby died from cardiac arrest less then 2 hours after surgery.
I am still grieving the loss of my sweet boy.
May Abbey keep purring.
It looks like all will be fine with her.
You are so blessed.

Rhonda
October 29th 05, 07:42 PM
Yeah! What a beautiful sound.

Scritches to Abbey from me.

Rhonda

Candace wrote:

> Last night, I was brushing her, and loud purring began!!!!!!!!!!! My
> little girl is back to normal again.
>
> Candace
>
> See my cats:
> http://photos.yahoo.com/maccandace

CatNipped
October 30th 05, 01:27 AM
"Candace" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> She hadn't purred for almost 6 months. She was diagnosed with
> chylothorax and fibrosing pleuritis (scarring of her lungs from the
> chyle sitting in her chest cavity) in May. She had a *very* grave
> prognosis, had her chest drained twice, was supposed to die. The 2
> vets kept preparing me for that, said her chances of survival were less
> than 10%. They said she wouldn't be able to get her chest drained
> again probably because of all her lung damage. She took lasix and
> rutin, very gradually improved.
>
> Starting about 2 months ago, she started acting pretty normal
> again...playing, eating more, doing all her old things. Gained her
> weight back. But still never purred...not because she wasn't happy,
> you could tell she was happy, but we figured some internal damage had
> been done and she was not able to do so anymore.
>
> Her breathing continued to look odd as though she was pushing the air
> in and out with her abdominal muscles rather than her diaphragm (I
> think that's how it works). A week or 2 ago I noticed her breathing
> doesn't really look that odd anymore...almost like a normal cat now.
>
> Last night, I was brushing her, and loud purring began!!!!!!!!!!! My
> little girl is back to normal again.
>
> Candace
>
> See my cats:
> http://photos.yahoo.com/maccandace

HaPpY dAnCiNg all over the freaking place! YAY!!!! I'm *SO* glad to hear
that Candace.

http://www.possibleplaces.com/CatNipped/HappyDance/

Hugs,

CatNipped

Lesley
October 31st 05, 04:50 PM
..
Happy to hear such good news! I remember when Abbey was sick (Ham for
the Furballs tonight! The power of the purr works!)

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs