PDA

View Full Version : OT Re: oh what a beautiful day

whitershadeofpale
October 31st 05, 02:51 AM
No More Retail wrote:

> Come on and join us if you are in Orlando
> Throwing a BBQ for the shelter people just follow your nose already had 2
> police officers and the fire department near us come in when they smelled my
> BBQ a cooking :-)

So tell us about this alleged marinate, you put bay leaf in it? a
little rosemary? what's them seedy looking things, CAPERS!

vinegar, red wine?, pepper...

No More Retail
October 31st 05, 04:17 AM
"whitershadeofpale" > wrote in message
ps.com...
> No More Retail wrote:
>
>> Come on and join us if you are in Orlando
>> Throwing a BBQ for the shelter people just follow your nose already had
>> 2
>> police officers and the fire department near us come in when they smelled
>> my
>> BBQ a cooking :-)
>

> So tell us about this alleged marinate, you put bay leaf in it? a
> little rosemary? what's them seedy looking things, CAPERS!
>
> vinegar, red wine?, pepper...

1 cup Napa Creek Cabernet Sauvignon ( red wine ) great smoky flavor
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
2/3 cup finely chopped onion that was roasted on the grill
1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary leaves
1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano leaves
1 teaspoon chopped fresh basil leaves
1 clove of garlic chopped fine after being roasted on the grill
1 tablespoon coarse ground black pepper
1/2 tablespoon salt
large Portobello mushrooms chopped in to 1/4 slices roast them to
green peppers cut into slices also roasted

take all this into a Ziploc bag use either a porterhouse or T-bone let
it marinate in the frig for up to 10 to 12 hours. I use those vacuum seal
bag that you see on TV to make the food absorb all the flavors

chicken

1 cup plain yogurt
1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 tablespoon curry powder
handful of fresh cilantro leaves
1 lemon slice per piece

do the same as the steak except about 4 to 6 hours in the frig

When I do parties like this I get one of those large pans and use a large
vac bag suck all the air out and let it marinate that way talk about
falling off the bone good

when we roast a hog we cut under the skin and shove garlic cloves, orange
slices, onion cloves and bacon bits into it
we use a can of coke as a baste the give it a crisp skin. we take the
extra fat and skin and wrap potatoes in the mess and roast the potatoes
we take corn on the cob soaked in water for about 15 minutes still unshucked
take the corn wrap bacon around it and place the corn in to the coals or on
a open grill till the shuck starts to blacken and you got some good corn

No More Retail
October 31st 05, 04:29 AM
I learned to cook along time ago I might come from money but my dad when I
was younger always did the cooking and he lived all over growing up learn to
cook from alot of places specially Mexico. After my father passed away when
I was young my mom took over cooking well Ellie May was a better cook.
And my wife and her mom can't even cook microwave meals following directions
;-)

So I took up the cooking habit years ago and I love to travel when I get a
chance to when I go I learn the local cooking while I am there and when you
are up late and can't sleep the food network has some great shows on
learned alot from Rachael, Bobby and Tyler Don't like Emril to much not
interested in kicking it up a notch

whitershadeofpale
October 31st 05, 06:30 AM
d a m n ! you can cook!

I've hung out in a few gourmet kitchens, but I couldn't put something
this unique together.

my biggest trick is to cook cous cous, with lots of butter (the secret
is in the butter, lol) either that or add some safron to it! A body
just craves it.
You get so full on the cous cous, you THINK you've eaten good! haha

No More Retail
October 31st 05, 06:37 AM
You ever want some good recipes ask My office loves me I come in and go to
the lounge and I take nutmeg or cinnamon and added it to the coffee maker
or take some Swiss hot cocoa mix and mix it together with the coffee nice
pick me up

whitershadeofpale
October 31st 05, 07:47 AM
got any good sweet bread recipes

:

No More Retail
October 31st 05, 07:56 AM
do you have a favorite sweet bread

whitershadeofpale
October 31st 05, 07:59 AM
not really other than parboiled

No More Retail
October 31st 05, 08:07 AM
Cranberry Oatmeal Bread recipe
ingredients
2 packages active dry yeast
1/2 cup warm water (105 to 115 degrees)
2 cups warm milk (105 to 115 degrees)
2 tablespoons vegetable oil, plus more for bowl and baking pans
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon i use sticks and ground them down my self
2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats (not instant), plus have about 2 more cups
more for topping
4 1/2 to 5 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
3 cups of fresh cranberrys
1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts, lightly toasted
1 egg you can use egg white equal to 2 eggs

method
1. In a large bowl, soften the yeast in the water. Add the milk, oil, brown
sugar, salt, oats, cinnamon, 2 cups of flour, cranberries, and walnuts. Beat
vigorously with a whisk for about 2 to 3 minutes. Gradually add more of the
remaining flour, 1/4 cup at a time, until the dough forms a mass and begins
to pull away from the bowl. Turn the dough out onto a floured work surface.
Knead the dough, adding more flour a little at a time as needed, for 8 to 10
minutes, until the dough becomes elastic and less sticky. Make sure you
keep your hands clean when working with dough as my grandma always said

2. Form the dough into a ball about the width of your hand and turn it in a
large oiled bowl to coat it all over with oil. Cover with a towel or plastic
wrap and let it rise in a warm, draft-free place, until it is doubled in
size, about an hour maybe 2 since it is winter in some areas.

3. Oil two loaf pans. Beat the dough down, divide it in half, and one at a
time form into a loaf. Flatten the dough into a rectangle the length of a
pan and roll it into a cylinder, pinching the seam closed. Fold the dough on
the ends as if wrapping a package and pinch closed. Fit the dough into the
pan, seam side down, and repeat with the other loaf. Cover the pans with a
towel and let rise until nearly doubled, about 45 minutes. About 15 minutes
before the end of rising, preheat the oven to 375 degrees.

4. Just before baking, beat the egg or egg whites with 1 tablespoon water to
make an egg wash and brush the tops of the loaves . Sprinkle some oatmeal
flakes on top. Bake in the preheated oven until the loaves are golden brown
, then remove the loaves from the pans. Rap the sides of the loaves with a
wood spoon for a solid sound; if they don't seem quite done, put them back
in the oven on the bare rack for till done . Cool the finished loaves on a
rack.

No More Retail
October 31st 05, 08:26 AM
Ok are you talking about meat sweet bread also known as gorge by the French
or talking about the flavored bread commonly used

The meat which one doe you like more lamb or veal than the throat
(thymus) or stomach (pancreas)

This one i got of the next a while ago from someone in virgina when I got
a request for it by one of my kid's wife

Veal Sweetbreads With Braised Cabbage & Ham Hocks

Ingredients
2-3 lbs. Veal Sweetbreads (1200-1350g)
1 small head of cabbage
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cubed 30ml
small onion
clarified butter
2 ham hocks
Canola oil
6 cups chicken stock 1.5 litres
cup semolina 125ml
1 cup white wine 250ml
cup all-purpose flour 125ml
3 bay leaves
2 tablespoons, chopped parsley 30ml
Sea salt
Freshly ground black pepper
Whole black peppercorns

Directions
Soak the sweetbreads in cold water for one hour changing the water halfway
through.
Drain the sweetbreads.
Bring a medium pot of heavily salted water to a boil.
Add two bay leaves, a dozen whole black peppercorns and the sweetbreads.
Reduce to a simmer and cook the sweetbreads for 20-30 minutes.
Transfer them to an ice water bath and cool for 15 minutes.
Remove the sweetbreads and peel the outer membrane off using a damp cloth.
Slice the sweetbreads to a " (13cm) thickness.

Combine the chicken stock and white wine and bring to a simmer.
Slice the onion thinly and the cabbage into finger-size strips.
Put the cabbage, onion, ham hocks and one bay leaf in the stock.
Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Simmer until the cabbage is tender, about 30 minutes.
Remove the ham hocks and pick the meat off after they have cooled.
Return the meat to the pot.

Heat a large cast iron pan to a medium high heat and salt and pepper the
sliced sweetbreads. Combine semolina and all-purpose flour together, and
lightly flour the sweetbreads with this mixture.
Pour a thin layer of clarified butter and a little canola oil in the pan.
Add the sweetbreads and brown them on one side. Don't overcrowd the pan.
Turn them over and finish cooking in a 450F (232C) oven for about 3
minutes.
Take the sweetbreads from the pan and blot any extra grease off with a paper
towel.
Reserve in a warm place. Follow the procedure for the remaining batches.

Strain cup (180ml) of the cabbage broth into a small saucepan and whisk in
the butter cubes.
Spoon some of the cabbage, along with some broth, into the center of each
serving bowl.
Place the sweetbread slices around the cabbage and sauce with the buttered
broth.
Sprinkle with the chopped parsley and serve.

This one is for Lamb which I like better I don;t remember where on the
interenet

Sweetbreads Bourgeoise recipe
ingredients
3 pairs lamb's sweetbreads (650-675 g approx)
2 tbsp (1 oz) 25 g butter or margarine
white or chicken stock to cover
salt and pepper
2 tbsp peas
2 tbsp diced turnip
2 tbsp diced carrot
250 ml foundation brown or Espagnole sauce

method
1. Soak the sweetbreads in cold water for 1-2 hours to remove all the blood.

2. Drain, and put them in a pan with cold water to cover.

3. Heat to boiling point and pour off the liquid.

4. Rinse the sweetbreads under cold water.

5. Remove the black veins and as much as possible of the membranes which
cover them.

6. Heat the butter or margarine in a saucepan and toss the sweetbreads in
it.

7. Then barely cover them with the stock. Season to taste with salt and
pepper.

8. Heat to simmering point, cover the pan, and cook gently for 45 minutes -
1 hour, until tender.

9. Transfer to a warmed dish and keep hot.

10. Prepare the vegetables and cook them separately in boiling salted water
until just tender.

11. Drain, and add them to the hot brown or Espagnole sauce.

12. Divide the sweetbreads between 6 soup bowls and pour the sauce over
them.

Serve very hot.

I looked up on food network try some of these
http://web.foodnetwork.com/food/web/searchResults?searchString=sweetbread&site=FOOD&searchType=Recipe

No More Retail
October 31st 05, 08:31 AM
You know if I was to cook this for people and tell them what it was
afterwards I wonder what would happen :-).
I got my family good one year on April fools' day I cooked them mountain
oysters and told them after they all eat seconds I could barley contain my
laughter while they were eating

whitershadeofpale
October 31st 05, 08:36 AM
No More Retail wrote:
> You know if I was to cook this for people and tell them what it was
> afterwards I wonder what would happen :-).
> I got my family good one year on April fools' day I cooked them mountain
> oysters and told them after they all eat seconds I could barley contain my
> laughter while they were eating

My girlfriend cooked frog legs one day, but didn't tell me.
I thought it was chicken, she kept walking past the table saying ribbit
I finally caught on.

I likes rattlesnake, buffalo, eel, shark, never had any gator!

I'm sure you've eaten aligator

nevva ate a snail, but I smelled them up close once

i have eaten CAT FOOD! Oh yes! I wanted to see what all the fuss was
about
(just a bite)

Great looking bread recipes! I just saved the whole thread ill print
them out later

THANKS!

No More Retail
October 31st 05, 02:54 PM
I have had almost everything out there I actually had grizzly gator
taste like chicken you deep fry it like chicken gizzards

Well know people kno wI can cook and everyone thought I was just a rich
spoiled snob :-)

whitershadeofpale
October 31st 05, 03:16 PM
No More Retail wrote:

> Well know people kno wI can cook and everyone thought I was just a rich
> spoiled snob :-)

Exactly how much money you got

I'm sure your cats know, they pilfer through your checkbook when you're
sleeping. Checkbook, bills, emails and so on.

<check it out Nomen! your and you're in the same sentence>

No More Retail
October 31st 05, 03:19 PM
I have enough

whitershadeofpale
October 31st 05, 03:36 PM
No More Retail wrote:
> I have enough

You think you might be able to spare a few bucks, I want to buy a few
people some help, you know as a Christmas gift...gift certificates to a
drug prescribing shrink; the kind that have the power to LOCK SOMEONE
UP

couple $1,000 should do the trick

No More Retail
October 31st 05, 03:41 PM
No I am not giving you the power to lock Phil up ;-)

whitershadeofpale
October 31st 05, 03:46 PM
that's fine, Ill just rob another bank

No More Retail
October 31st 05, 03:49 PM
let me know when you are going to do it I can use some not recorded cash :-)
"whitershadeofpale" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> that's fine, Ill just rob another bank

whitershadeofpale
October 31st 05, 03:51 PM
simon says everybody on FLOOR!

whitershadeofpale
October 31st 05, 04:03 PM
whitershadeofpale wrote:
> simon says everybody on FLOOR!

everybody on the floor

I've always believed that if done properly, armed robbery doesn't have
to be an unpleasant experience

---

ok, I hope my stray comes home today!

She's in for a biiiiig suprize