PDA

View Full Version : Re: Peroxide and Cats?

October 31st 05, 03:40 PM
>I've read in a text for nurses not to use
>peroxide as a disinfectant (on humans).
>It's ineffective, and there's potential for it
>to get into the bloodstream. I would use
>something else.

I prefer a 50/50 solution of Betadine and water, either as a soak or
topically. A few times in the past I've had to use it in a syringe (w/no
needle) to flush an abscess as well. I always blot afterwards so it
can't be ingested and have never had a problem.

Megan

nothing."

-Edmund Burke

Learn The TRUTH About Declawing