PDA

View Full Version : Update on Euthanasia Decision - 19 yo cat

November 1st 05, 04:19 PM
First off, thanks so much to everyone who responded. Your posts were
very well thought out and extremely comforting to me.

My kitty is still with me. I revamped my litter box system (again!) in
order to make sure that he has litter access very close by in his
favorite nap spots. I am still keeping the cats out of my room, and
although this is very tough for me, the cats are adjusting well.

The old guy is using his newly located boxes well, at least for now.

As some of you have said, I will know when the time is right. That
time just isnt now, apparantly.

Hugs to all of you!

Beth

Gail
November 1st 05, 04:26 PM
Thanks for the update, Beth!! I'm glad the system is working (fingers
crossed).
Gail
> wrote in message
oups.com...
> First off, thanks so much to everyone who responded. Your posts were
> very well thought out and extremely comforting to me.
>
> My kitty is still with me. I revamped my litter box system (again!) in
> order to make sure that he has litter access very close by in his
> favorite nap spots. I am still keeping the cats out of my room, and
> although this is very tough for me, the cats are adjusting well.
>
> The old guy is using his newly located boxes well, at least for now.
>
> As some of you have said, I will know when the time is right. That
> time just isnt now, apparantly.
>
> Hugs to all of you!
>
> Beth

No More Retail
November 1st 05, 04:36 PM
:-)s and purrs

cybercat
November 1st 05, 05:05 PM
> wrote:
>
> The old guy is using his newly located boxes well, at least for now.

I'm so glad you could have him for a while longer, Beth.

Rhonda
November 1st 05, 05:24 PM
That's good that things are working out, Beth. Maybe after a period of
time you can try letting them in your room again.

Good luck to all of you!

Rhonda

wrote:

> First off, thanks so much to everyone who responded. Your posts were
> very well thought out and extremely comforting to me.
>
> My kitty is still with me. I revamped my litter box system (again!) in
> order to make sure that he has litter access very close by in his
> favorite nap spots. I am still keeping the cats out of my room, and
> although this is very tough for me, the cats are adjusting well.
>
> The old guy is using his newly located boxes well, at least for now.
>
> As some of you have said, I will know when the time is right. That
> time just isnt now, apparantly.
>
> Hugs to all of you!
>
> Beth

Paul M. Cook
November 1st 05, 10:08 PM
> wrote in message
oups.com...
> First off, thanks so much to everyone who responded. Your posts were
> very well thought out and extremely comforting to me.
>
> My kitty is still with me. I revamped my litter box system (again!) in
> order to make sure that he has litter access very close by in his
> favorite nap spots. I am still keeping the cats out of my room, and
> although this is very tough for me, the cats are adjusting well.
>
> The old guy is using his newly located boxes well, at least for now.
>
> As some of you have said, I will know when the time is right. That
> time just isnt now, apparantly.
>
> Hugs to all of you!

Good news indeed.

Newspapers are your friend. Use plenty of them to make a layer underneath
the boxes. They do a good job of absorbing odors too. It's work, but worth
it.

Paul