PDA

View Full Version : What does feral mean

whitershadeofpale
November 1st 05, 11:03 PM
wild?
homeless?
is it a brand?

what what

Gail
November 1st 05, 11:46 PM
Wild.
Gail
"whitershadeofpale" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> wild?
> homeless?
> is it a brand?
>
> what what

No More Retail
November 1st 05, 11:55 PM
not domesticated or having escaped from domestication and become wild
according to websters

AZ Nomad
November 2nd 05, 12:21 AM
On 1 Nov 2005 15:03:50 -0800, whitershadeofpale > wrote:

>wild?
>homeless?
>is it a brand?

>what what

what does dictionary mean?

whitershadeofpale
November 2nd 05, 01:28 AM
AZ Nomad wrote:

> what does dictionary mean?

dictionary means no human interaction
no human interaction means -- ?

Anyone? anyone?

whitershadeofpale
November 2nd 05, 01:32 AM
No More Retail wrote:
> not domesticated or having escaped from domestication and become wild
> according to websters

well then, I reckon some people are feral
or somewhere close to it
not me
im pretty ****ing civil

whitershadeofpale
November 2nd 05, 01:37 AM
ass licker

AZ Nomad
November 2nd 05, 02:08 AM
On 1 Nov 2005 17:37:03 -0800, whitershadeofpale > wrote:

>ass licker

what a sad world you live in.

whitershadeofpale
November 2nd 05, 02:27 AM
how does it feel to be in it

November 2nd 05, 02:40 AM
Gail wrote:
> Wild.
> Gail

Wow, that's hot :)

Seriously, I read that truly wild cats cannot be domesticated and even
their kits cannot be domesticated. Well, this was for the African wild
cat. Not sure about the others since obvious we domesticate some wild
cats and sell their kits as expensive hybrids. I don't. Don't feel
comfortable about hydridizing boutique cats when so many ferals or
strays are about. But they are pretty, er, wild.

whitershadeofpale
November 2nd 05, 03:55 AM
I guess "domesticated can be a subjective word

I see people have large cats as pets.

granted, there is a strength in them, and a beauty about thier
wildness!

(puts chills on me)
I'd love to be eye to eye with a large cat
Long as he's not hungry.

November 2nd 05, 04:19 AM
>wild?
A feral cat is one which has been born "in the wild" and has not been
socialized by humans. Here is a picture of one of mine taken shortly
after he was trapped a few years ago:
http://pic10.picturetrail.com/VOL320/476350/610342/7767854.jpg

He's in a much better mood these days :-)
http://pic10.picturetrail.com/VOL320/476350/610342/10895116.jpg

Megan

nothing."

-Edmund Burke

Learn The TRUTH About Declawing
http://www.stopdeclaw.com

Zuzu's Cats Photo Album:
http://www.PictureTrail.com/zuzu22

way."

- W.H. Murray

whitershadeofpale
November 2nd 05, 04:31 AM
what a mess!

That's awesome.
If you get time, I'd be interested to know
what would you say leveled him out the most.

Just time, and being around you?
At some point you had to let him out of the cage

November 2nd 05, 05:40 AM
>If you get time, I'd be interested to know
>what would you say leveled him out the
>most.

Time, patience and consistency. Murphy isn't a typical housecat that
comes to you for affection, but he can be very sweet and if I want to
pet him or pick him up I can usually do it without a problem. I wrote a
post a few years ago that gives a basic overview of how to socialize a
feral:
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.pets.cats.health+behav/msg/0d0486868356bc98?hl=en&

Megan

nothing."

-Edmund Burke

Learn The TRUTH About Declawing
http://www.stopdeclaw.com

Zuzu's Cats Photo Album:
http://www.PictureTrail.com/zuzu22

way."

- W.H. Murray

Phil P.
November 2nd 05, 09:01 AM
> wrote in message
oups.com...

> Gail wrote:
> > Wild.
> > Gail
>
> Wow, that's hot :)
>
> Seriously, I read that truly wild cats cannot be domesticated and even
> their kits cannot be domesticated. Well, this was for the African wild
> cat.

That's not entirely accurate. The African Wildcat (Felis Silvestris Libyca)
has the most docile temperament of all the wildcats-- they're the most
sociable with other cats and the easiest to tame and domesticate . Our
domestic cats (Felis Catus) are descendants of the African Wildcat.

I think you were referring to the European Wildcat- Felis silvestris
silvestris. European wildcats are infamous for their extreme fierceness and
timidity around humans-- even if they've been hand-raised as kittens.
Hybrids between European wildcats and domestic cats are
extremely difficult to domesticate.

mlbriggs
November 4th 05, 01:23 AM
On Tue, 01 Nov 2005 17:32:32 -0800, whitershadeofpale wrote:

> No More Retail wrote:
>> not domesticated or having escaped from domestication and become wild
>> according to websters
>
> well then, I reckon some people are feral or somewhere close to it
> not me
> im pretty ****ing civil

Your language is deplorable!

Rhonda
November 4th 05, 04:31 AM
Wow, what a difference! Looks like he was possessed in the first one.
Good for you for "taming" him, I think I would have been a little afraid
of that guy!

Rhonda

wrote:

>>wild?
>>
> A feral cat is one which has been born "in the wild" and has not been
> socialized by humans. Here is a picture of one of mine taken shortly
> after he was trapped a few years ago:
> http://pic10.picturetrail.com/VOL320/476350/610342/7767854.jpg
>
> He's in a much better mood these days :-)
> http://pic10.picturetrail.com/VOL320/476350/610342/10895116.jpg

whitershadeofpale
November 8th 05, 07:33 PM
grow up sista!
or in otherwords

pull your head outcha arse!

whitershadeofpale
November 8th 05, 07:36 PM
you must be at least 70 yrs old, to say "entirely"

wooo haha

just kidding, I read your junk!

ever heard of an ocelot? <sp>

they have one where I am at right now

No More Retail
November 8th 05, 07:40 PM
I was wondering where you were thought the government raided your basement
again :-)

whitershadeofpale
November 9th 05, 02:59 AM
nah! I see them coming long before they see me haha

you know you can't catch a man in a spaceship

cybercat
November 9th 05, 03:40 AM
"whitershadeofpale" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> nah! I see them coming long before they see me haha
>
> you know you can't catch a man in a spaceship

Who the hell are you talking to?

No More Retail
November 9th 05, 03:52 AM
Cybercat you are asking him that? ROFLMAO He is the type that hear
voices he don't even know who he is talking to? ;-) remember Barry is
the type that is in the basement thinking the government is out to get him
or at least Phil is :-)))))

Just kidding Barry I am finding our conversation quite interesting, and fun.
I am glad to have them

whitershadeofpale
November 9th 05, 03:55 AM
what the hell kind of news reader are you using lol

that was a reply to NMR, under his post, it had a little link, that
says REPLY

don't tell me! all YOU see, is the reply and you have no sense of where
the reply belongs
sequentially?

I don't mean no harm but damn!

I believe I'd can that reader and get one that properly displays