PDA

View Full Version : Nutrical and constipation

November 2nd 05, 01:14 AM
Just wondering if Nutrical, since it is high in soybean and other oils,
would be helpful to a cat that is tending towards mild constipation.
My old kitty (19, the subject of another post) is not pooping as easily
as before. He does go, but his stools are harder than normal despite
high intake of water and wet food. I try to give laxatone every other
day, but I'm wondering if nutrical would be better. He could use the
calories, so that isnt an issue.

Thanks!

-L.
November 2nd 05, 09:56 AM
wrote:
> Just wondering if Nutrical, since it is high in soybean and other oils,
> would be helpful to a cat that is tending towards mild constipation.

Yes. It can be used like Linatone/Laxatone.

> My old kitty (19, the subject of another post) is not pooping as easily
> as before. He does go, but his stools are harder than normal despite
> high intake of water and wet food. I try to give laxatone every other
> day, but I'm wondering if nutrical would be better. He could use the
> calories, so that isnt an issue.

Try it and see if it helps!
-L.
(posting from my other account - dang Google!)

PawsForThought
November 2nd 05, 04:12 PM
wrote:
> Just wondering if Nutrical, since it is high in soybean and other oils,
> would be helpful to a cat that is tending towards mild constipation.
> My old kitty (19, the subject of another post) is not pooping as easily
> as before. He does go, but his stools are harder than normal despite
> high intake of water and wet food. I try to give laxatone every other
> day, but I'm wondering if nutrical would be better. He could use the
> calories, so that isnt an issue.
>
> Thanks!

How about adding some canned pumpkin (pure pumpkin, and not spiced), or
better yet, some cooked squash. What I do is add about a tablespoon
and then mix it in well into the food.