PDA

View Full Version : A kissing cat

Dick Peavey
November 2nd 05, 11:13 PM
My cat recently has taken to kissing me! At least that is what I think it
is.

He is in bed with me, then purposely strides up to my face, and deliberately
plants his nose on my nose. I was a little disconcerted at first, but have
taken to nosing him back.

Have you all heard of such a thing? Is the cat really kissing me? Is this a
recognized cat behavior?

Dick

jmc
November 2nd 05, 11:22 PM
Suddenly, without warning, Dick Peavey exclaimed (02-Nov-05 10:13 PM):
> My cat recently has taken to kissing me! At least that is what I think it
> is.
>
> He is in bed with me, then purposely strides up to my face, and deliberately
> plants his nose on my nose. I was a little disconcerted at first, but have
> taken to nosing him back.
>
> Have you all heard of such a thing? Is the cat really kissing me? Is this a
> recognized cat behavior?
>
> Dick

I believe it is a cat greeting. Meep often wants to touch noses with me
when I get home from work.

jmc

November 2nd 05, 11:42 PM
Hey,

My cat does the same. And he also likes to kind of rub his nose on
mine. This generaly happens when I am either at bed or holding him. He
is also a fun of foreheads greeting. He can be ver darling when he
wants. And diabolic also.

Minerva

Ramboyd
November 3rd 05, 01:50 AM
Dick Peavey wrote:

> My cat recently has taken to kissing me! At least that is what I think it
> is.
>
> He is in bed with me, then purposely strides up to my face, and deliberately
> plants his nose on my nose. I was a little disconcerted at first, but have
> taken to nosing him back.
>
> Have you all heard of such a thing? Is the cat really kissing me? Is this a
> recognized cat behavior?
>
> Dick

You're lucky. Mine sticks his ass in my face. : > (

Ramboyd

======

"My Ottawa Includes Corruption"

Joe Canuck
November 3rd 05, 01:55 AM
Ramboyd wrote:

> Dick Peavey wrote:
>

>>My cat recently has taken to kissing me! At least that is what I think it
>>is.
>>
>>He is in bed with me, then purposely strides up to my face, and deliberately
>>plants his nose on my nose. I was a little disconcerted at first, but have
>>taken to nosing him back.
>>
>>Have you all heard of such a thing? Is the cat really kissing me? Is this a
>>recognized cat behavior?
>>
>>Dick
>

> You're lucky. Mine sticks his ass in my face. : > (
>
> Ramboyd
>
> ======
>
> "My Ottawa Includes Corruption"

Ah yes, I know who that would be! Haha!

That is his way of saying "Kiss my butt you twerp!".

DevilsPGD
November 3rd 05, 02:16 AM
In message > "Dick Peavey" >
wrote:

>My cat recently has taken to kissing me! At least that is what I think it
>is.
>
>He is in bed with me, then purposely strides up to my face, and deliberately
>plants his nose on my nose. I was a little disconcerted at first, but have
>taken to nosing him back.
>
>Have you all heard of such a thing? Is the cat really kissing me? Is this a
>recognized cat behavior?

I have a couple cats that do this (one will lick my nose, the other just
does the nose thing), but only when they're in an affectionate mood.

--
My news reader can beat up your news reader

mlbriggs
November 3rd 05, 02:20 AM
On Wed, 02 Nov 2005 16:13:27 -0600, Dick Peavey wrote:

> My cat recently has taken to kissing me! At least that is what I think it
> is.
>
> He is in bed with me, then purposely strides up to my face, and
> deliberately plants his nose on my nose. I was a little disconcerted at
> first, but have taken to nosing him back.
>
> Have you all heard of such a thing? Is the cat really kissing me? Is this
> a recognized cat behavior?
>
> Dick

Yes, we do that kiss all the time. I read a long time ago that the
Eskimos kissed that way, MLB

mlbriggs
November 3rd 05, 02:22 AM
On Wed, 02 Nov 2005 19:50:51 -0500, Ramboyd wrote:

> Dick Peavey wrote:
>
>> My cat recently has taken to kissing me! At least that is what I think
>> it is.
>>
>> He is in bed with me, then purposely strides up to my face, and
>> deliberately plants his nose on my nose. I was a little disconcerted at
>> first, but have taken to nosing him back.
>>
>> Have you all heard of such a thing? Is the cat really kissing me? Is
>> this a recognized cat behavior?
>>
>> Dick
>
> You're lucky. Mine sticks his ass in my face. : > (
>
> Ramboyd
>
> ======
>
> "My Ottawa Includes Corruption"

Gee -- don't be a killjoy. He is just asking you for a kiss. MLB

Adam Helberg
November 3rd 05, 08:19 AM
"Dick Peavey" > wrote in message ...
> My cat recently has taken to kissing me! At least that is what I think it is.
>
> He is in bed with me, then purposely strides up to my face, and deliberately plants
> his nose on my nose. I was a little disconcerted at first, but have taken to nosing
> him back.
>
> Have you all heard of such a thing? Is the cat really kissing me? Is this a
> recognized cat behavior?
>
> Dick

My cat Oreo likes to do that to me as well.

Adam

November 3rd 05, 01:36 PM
Dick Peavey wrote:
> My cat recently has taken to kissing me! At least that is what I think it
> is.
>
> He is in bed with me, then purposely strides up to my face, and deliberately
> plants his nose on my nose. I was a little disconcerted at first, but have
> taken to nosing him back.
>
> Have you all heard of such a thing? Is the cat really kissing me? Is this a
> recognized cat behavior?
>
> Dick

Yes the cat is connecting with you intimately. It's not sexual but
personal intimacy. Cross-species adoration is what I would call it.
You're really quite lucky. The closest I can get to this is with
bribery. I put a treat in my teeth, sticking out of my mouth and my cat
will carefully grab the treat and though literally giving me a kiss.
But it's not as nice as yours, just bribing the cat with food. She's a
stray/feral which never completely domesticated or I'm doing something
wrong.

Lumpy
November 3rd 05, 04:23 PM
> wrote

> Yes the cat is connecting with you intimately. It's not sexual but
> personal intimacy. Cross-species adoration is what I would call it.
> You're really quite lucky. The closest I can get to this is with
> bribery. I put a treat in my teeth, sticking out of my mouth and my cat
> will carefully grab the treat and though literally giving me a kiss.
> But it's not as nice as yours, just bribing the cat with food.

Damn, TL. :)

Dick Peavey
November 3rd 05, 09:01 PM
> wrote in message
ps.com...

> Dick Peavey wrote:
>> My cat recently has taken to kissing me! At least that is what I think it
>> is.
>>
>> He is in bed with me, then purposely strides up to my face, and
>> deliberately
>> plants his nose on my nose. I was a little disconcerted at first, but
>> have
>> taken to nosing him back.
>>
>> Have you all heard of such a thing? Is the cat really kissing me? Is this
>> recognized cat behavior?
>>
>> Dick
>
> Yes the cat is connecting with you intimately. It's not sexual but
> personal intimacy. Cross-species adoration is what I would call it.
> You're really quite lucky. The closest I can get to this is with
> bribery. I put a treat in my teeth, sticking out of my mouth and my cat
> will carefully grab the treat and though literally giving me a kiss.
> But it's not as nice as yours, just bribing the cat with food. She's a
> stray/feral which never completely domesticated or I'm doing something
> wrong.

Squeaky kiss'd me when we pet,
Jumping from my lap he lay in;
Time, you thief, who love to get
Sweets into your list, put that in!
Say I'm weary, say I'm sad,
Say that health and wealth have miss'd me,
Say I'm growing old, but add,
Squeaky kiss'd me.

(with apologies to James Leigh Hunt, "Jenny Kissed Me". see
http://www.cs.rice.edu/~ssiyer/minstrels/poems/103.html)

Dick

cybercat
November 3rd 05, 09:35 PM
"Dick Peavey" > wrote in message

> > wrote in message
> ps.com...
> >
> > Dick Peavey wrote:
> >> My cat recently has taken to kissing me! At least that is what I think
it
> >> is.
> >>
> >> He is in bed with me, then purposely strides up to my face, and
> >> deliberately
> >> plants his nose on my nose. I was a little disconcerted at first, but
> >> have
> >> taken to nosing him back.
> >>
> >> Have you all heard of such a thing? Is the cat really kissing me? Is
this
> >> recognized cat behavior?
> >>
> >> Dick
> >
> > Yes the cat is connecting with you intimately. It's not sexual but
> > personal intimacy. Cross-species adoration is what I would call it.
> > You're really quite lucky. The closest I can get to this is with
> > bribery. I put a treat in my teeth, sticking out of my mouth and my cat
> > will carefully grab the treat and though literally giving me a kiss.
> > But it's not as nice as yours, just bribing the cat with food. She's a
> > stray/feral which never completely domesticated or I'm doing something
> > wrong.
> >

> Squeaky kiss'd me when we pet,
> Jumping from my lap he lay in;
> Time, you thief, who love to get
> Sweets into your list, put that in!
> Say I'm weary, say I'm sad,
> Say that health and wealth have miss'd me,
> Say I'm growing old, but add,
> Squeaky kiss'd me.
>
> (with apologies to James Leigh Hunt, "Jenny Kissed Me". see
> http://www.cs.rice.edu/~ssiyer/minstrels/poems/103.html)

Dick! I think you should be the poet laureate of rpch!

mlbriggs
November 4th 05, 02:21 AM
On Thu, 03 Nov 2005 14:01:42 -0600, Dick Peavey wrote:

> > wrote in message
> ps.com...
>>
>> Dick Peavey wrote:
>>> My cat recently has taken to kissing me! At least that is what I think
>>> it is.
>>>
>>> He is in bed with me, then purposely strides up to my face, and
>>> deliberately
>>> plants his nose on my nose. I was a little disconcerted at first, but
>>> have
>>> taken to nosing him back.
>>>
>>> Have you all heard of such a thing? Is the cat really kissing me? Is
>>> this a
>>> recognized cat behavior?
>>>
>>> Dick
>>
>> Yes the cat is connecting with you intimately. It's not sexual but
>> personal intimacy. Cross-species adoration is what I would call it.
>> You're really quite lucky. The closest I can get to this is with
>> bribery. I put a treat in my teeth, sticking out of my mouth and my cat
>> will carefully grab the treat and though literally giving me a kiss. But
>> it's not as nice as yours, just bribing the cat with food. She's a
>> stray/feral which never completely domesticated or I'm doing something
>> wrong.
>>

> Squeaky kiss'd me when we pet,
> Jumping from my lap he lay in;
> Time, you thief, who love to get
> Sweets into your list, put that in!
> Say I'm weary, say I'm sad,
> Say that health and wealth have miss'd me,
> Say I'm growing old, but add,
> Squeaky kiss'd me.
>
> (with apologies to James Leigh Hunt, "Jenny Kissed Me". see
> http://www.cs.rice.edu/~ssiyer/minstrels/poems/103.html)
>
> Dick

Love it, love it, love it! MLB

Ramboyd
November 4th 05, 03:33 PM
Nomen Nescio wrote:

> From: Ramboyd >
>
> >You're lucky. Mine sticks his ass in my face. : > (
>
> I've always seen that as being honored with
> the offer of a "sniff".

I'd hate to run into you in a social setting. : > D

Ramboyd

======

"My Ottawa Includes Corruption"

Lumpy
November 4th 05, 06:00 PM
"Nomen Nescio" ]> wrote in message

> From: Ramboyd >
>
> >You're lucky. Mine sticks his ass in my face. : > (
>
> I've always seen that as being honored with
> the offer of a "sniff".

Yep. It's the kitty equivalent of opening the arms and saying
"come here and let me hug you!" :) Nevertheless, I always
let mine know that I prefer to greet the other end.

JQ
November 8th 05, 01:47 AM
My cat likes to stick his nose in my eye all the time, to give kisses -
and reach out and touch my cheek with his paw. Very cute!
JQ

whitershadeofpale
November 9th 05, 05:48 AM
Dick Peavey wrote:
> My cat recently has taken to kissing me! At least that is what I think it
> is.
>
> He is in bed with me, then purposely strides up to my face, and deliberately
> plants his nose on my nose. I was a little disconcerted at first, but have
> taken to nosing him back.
>
> Have you all heard of such a thing? Is the cat really kissing me? Is this a
> recognized cat behavior?
>
> Dick

I think you are turning into a cat

You're cat is just training you

IBen Getiner
November 9th 05, 11:41 AM
Dick Peavey wrote:
> My cat recently has taken to kissing me! At least that is what I think it
> is.
>
> He is in bed with me, then purposely strides up to my face, and deliberately
> plants his nose on my nose. I was a little disconcerted at first, but have
> taken to nosing him back.
>
> Have you all heard of such a thing? Is the cat really kissing me? Is this a
> recognized cat behavior?
>
> Dick

He's trying to steal your breath, Dick. They especially love to do this
to unsuspecting children while they sleep. The way it works is, the cat
stealthily climbs up onto the victim's chest in the middle of the nite,
and when the child inhales, the cat presses it's face right up against
the face of the sleeper and steadily inhales at the same time, thereby
robbing them of the proper oxygen / nitrogen mix. The victim, already
in a deep sleep, lapses into unconsciousness and then slips away into
the awaiting hands of the grim reaper.
Many cases of crib death can be attributed to cats exhibiting this
murderous behavior, but I feel that they have been secretly repressed
by the animal rights groups. Beware if you have little ones who are too
small to roll over and force a 20 pound cat off their chest in the
middle of a deep sleep, Dick. You too may be at risk, if you ever pass
out while drinking or the like. Beware of the feline breath predator.
Just when you think they're your friends and you understand them and
all, they sneak up in the middle of the silent nite and try to kill
you.

IBen

trixy
November 9th 05, 02:17 PM
Dick Peavey wrote:
> My cat recently has taken to kissing me! At least that is what I think it
> is.
>
> He is in bed with me, then purposely strides up to my face, and deliberately
> plants his nose on my nose. I was a little disconcerted at first, but have
> taken to nosing him back.
>
> Have you all heard of such a thing? Is the cat really kissing me? Is this a
> recognized cat behavior?
>
> Dick

hi i think you are very lucky i cant seem to get my cat to kiss me
atall, he is very loving and affectionate,he does push his forehead on
to my chest as if to cuddle me but deffinatly not getting a kiss ever!!
aww

whitershadeofpale
November 9th 05, 02:20 PM
trixy wrote:
> Dick Peavey wrote:
> > My cat recently has taken to kissing me! At least that is what I think it
> > is.
> >
> > He is in bed with me, then purposely strides up to my face, and deliberately
> > plants his nose on my nose. I was a little disconcerted at first, but have
> > taken to nosing him back.
> >
> > Have you all heard of such a thing? Is the cat really kissing me? Is this a
> > recognized cat behavior?
> >
> > Dick
>
> hi i think you are very lucky i cant seem to get my cat to kiss me
> atall, he is very loving and affectionate,he does push his forehead on
> to my chest as if to cuddle me but deffinatly not getting a kiss ever!!
> aww

maybe...

im not saying, but just maaaybe

you're breath is a little tart?

I think you're better off, you know those little critters lick dey
butts don't you :-)

whitershadeofpale
November 9th 05, 02:21 PM
Dick Peavey wrote:
> My cat recently has taken to kissing me! At least that is what I think it
> is.
>
> He is in bed with me, then purposely strides up to my face, and deliberately
> plants his nose on my nose. I was a little disconcerted at first, but have
> taken to nosing him back.
>
> Have you all heard of such a thing? Is the cat really kissing me? Is this a
> recognized cat behavior?
>
> Dick

good heavens man!

you're nuzzling prime cat butt

when I get some money I'm going to get you a blow up cat

whitershadeofpale
November 9th 05, 05:57 PM
whitershadeofpale wrote:
> Dick Peavey wrote:
> > My cat recently has taken to kissing me! At least that is what I think it
> > is.
> >
> > He is in bed with me, then purposely strides up to my face, and deliberately
> > plants his nose on my nose. I was a little disconcerted at first, but have
> > taken to nosing him back.
> >
> > Have you all heard of such a thing? Is the cat really kissing me? Is this a
> > recognized cat behavior?
> >
> > Dick

but don't feel bad, I ate some cat food one time.
I wanted to see what the fuss was about
(it said new and improved)

TASTED GRITTY TO ME :0