PDA

View Full Version : Pill Pockets

5cats
November 5th 05, 12:33 AM
I've been using the Salmon flavor Pill Pockets for about 10 days and love
them. Pookie just snarfs them down and doesn't notice the pill inside. I
just got a package of the Chicken flavor variety and it seems to be much
drier and crumbly. She's eaten these too, but they way the treat crumbles
I'm concerned about the posibility of a problem in the future. The Salmon
ones are gooeyier and seem to hold together better.

1. Is that just the way the chicken flavor ones are, or did I get a bad
batch?

2. Those of you who've not had good results with these, did you use the
chicken or the salmon flavored version?

November 5th 05, 12:52 AM
>Those of you who've not had good
>results with these, did you use the chicken
>or the salmon flavored version?

I use both and occasionally have noticed a difference in texture from
bag to bag. I bought them initially because, even though I have no
problem pilling cats, I liked the fact that they could get a treat
instead of being pilled with the same end result. Since some of the
pills are very small, I stretch my pill pockets by breaking them in half
and just mushing a half around the pill. This stuff has the consistency
of cookie dough so it's very easy to do. If the pocket seems dry, you
could always moisten it with a teensy bit of water, mush it so it's a
little softer and then mold it around the pill.

Megan

nothing."

-Edmund Burke

Learn The TRUTH About Declawing
http://www.stopdeclaw.com

Zuzu's Cats Photo Album:
http://www.PictureTrail.com/zuzu22

way."

- W.H. Murray

5cats
November 5th 05, 01:08 AM
wrote:

> If the pocket seems dry, you
> could always moisten it with a teensy bit of water, mush it so it's a
> little softer and then mold it around the pill.

Why didn't I think of that!

Elizabeth Blake
November 5th 05, 03:15 AM
"5cats" > wrote in message
> I've been using the Salmon flavor Pill Pockets for about 10 days and love
> them. Pookie just snarfs them down and doesn't notice the pill inside. I
> just got a package of the Chicken flavor variety and it seems to be much
> drier and crumbly. She's eaten these too, but they way the treat crumbles
> I'm concerned about the posibility of a problem in the future. The Salmon
> ones are gooeyier and seem to hold together better.
>
> 1. Is that just the way the chicken flavor ones are, or did I get a bad
> batch?
>
> 2. Those of you who've not had good results with these, did you use the
> chicken or the salmon flavored version?

I have a bag of chicken flavor at work. The pockets were extremely soft &
mushy. Harriet ate them readily at first but stopped after just a few days.
I think she bit into the capsule I had in the pocket, and it turned her off.
It sounds like your bag might have been ripped or punctured, and the treats
dried out.

--
Liz

Rhonda
November 5th 05, 04:39 AM
Ours were chicken-flavored, and pretty doughy. I didn't notice any dryness.

He noticed the pill on the first one after it was down (kept chewing
like he had an after-taste) and spit out the 2nd one.

Rhonda