PDA

View Full Version : Re: Advice needed on interstate pet transport

-L.
November 6th 05, 11:49 PM
MFS wrote:
> Hello, everyone - I am trying to coordinate the relocation of a cat in the
> Southeastern U.S. to the Midwestern U.S. I do not live in either area,
> although I will be onsite when the cat is picked up from its current home.
> I'm Googling madly for pet transport services, both ground and air. Does
> anyone have any recommendations for or against a particular service?
>
> I am taking two other cats with me from the Southeast back to my home. Any
> advice you can give me about flying with cats is welcome. Best airlines to
> deal with, what to look out for, etc. There is plenty of information
> available online, but it's a bit overwhelming. I'd like to hear from anyone
> who's flown with cat(s) recently about your experiences.
>
> Thanks,
> MFS

Hi MFS,

I think Megan (zuzu22 (at) webtv.com, I think) - Google her here and
you will find her) knows of reliable transport companies. Megan is very
helpful.

I would not fly your cats unless they can be in the cabin. Soooo many
animals are lost, injured or die in cargo hold, it's ridiculous. Here'
s a link tot he reports:

Transportation Department Airline Consumer Report:
http://airconsumer.ost.dot.gov /reports/

I have driven with multiple animals multiple times all over the US so
if you want info on moving long distances, email me. (Moved Indy to NC;
NC to SF, CA; and CA to OR, with 2 dogs, 2 cats, 3 snakes and a turtle,
over the period of 5 years, for example.)

Good luck,

-L.

Juls
November 7th 05, 05:52 AM
Megan and I would both recommend Pro Pet Transports, though I don't know
all the areas they serve.

They did a great job in moving Jack from Seattle to the St. Louis area
about three years ago. (with lots of financial help from the good folks
in this newsgroup!)

I call it the pet bus.

Juls

--