PDA

View Full Version : In Love with Anti Icky Poo - Urine cleanup

November 7th 05, 01:49 PM
As some of you know, my 19 yo has been having accidents lately. I had
purchased a quart spray bottle of Anti Icky Poo (AIP)(a bacterial based
cleaner) about a month back. I'm ready to post my review. This stuff
ROCKS! I was previously using Capture (dry powder cleaner) to do all
urine spots, and yes, Capture also works well. It is, however, much
more work (applying, allowing to dry, vacuuiming). Here is how I use
the AIP: Blot up urine from carpet with paper towels. Spray
generously with AIP, and blot that up once. Then spray again with AIP,
and rub in with hands to soak the pad. Allow to dry. Vacuum to
restore carpet appearance. The bacteria in the AIP eats the urine, and
no one (incl the cat) can smell it. Amazing stuff, I highly recommend
it.

Beth

John Doe
November 8th 05, 06:31 AM
Have you considered a carpet shampooer?

There are light weight, small easy to manage versions like the
Bissell Quicksteamer PowerBrush (I have one). It will leave the
carpet slightly damp for a while, but it's easy.

Take care.

wrote:

> As some of you know, my 19 yo has been having accidents lately. I
> had purchased a quart spray bottle of Anti Icky Poo (AIP)(a
> bacterial based cleaner) about a month back. I'm ready to post my
> review. This stuff ROCKS! I was previously using Capture (dry
> powder cleaner) to do all urine spots, and yes, Capture also works
> well. It is, however, much more work (applying, allowing to dry,
> vacuuiming). Here is how I use the AIP: Blot up urine from
> carpet with paper towels. Spray generously with AIP, and blot
> that up once. Then spray again with AIP, and rub in with hands to
> soak the pad. Allow to dry. Vacuum to restore carpet appearance.
> The bacteria in the AIP eats the urine, and no one (incl the cat)
> can smell it. Amazing stuff, I highly recommend it.
>
> Beth

November 8th 05, 01:16 PM
Actually I own one. However, using these for urine is not a good idea,
because the shampoo can actually make the problem worse. I guess you
could use it just to suck up the initial accident and maybe rinse with
water, but I prefer the AIP because of the bacterial action.

blkcatgal
November 8th 05, 10:40 PM
I've tried Anti-Icky Poo in the past and I also liked the way it worked.
The problem that I have is that no one around me sells it so I can't get it.
Where did you find it?

S.
> wrote in message
ups.com...
> As some of you know, my 19 yo has been having accidents lately. I had
> purchased a quart spray bottle of Anti Icky Poo (AIP)(a bacterial based
> cleaner) about a month back. I'm ready to post my review. This stuff
> ROCKS! I was previously using Capture (dry powder cleaner) to do all
> urine spots, and yes, Capture also works well. It is, however, much
> more work (applying, allowing to dry, vacuuiming). Here is how I use
> the AIP: Blot up urine from carpet with paper towels. Spray
> generously with AIP, and blot that up once. Then spray again with AIP,
> and rub in with hands to soak the pad. Allow to dry. Vacuum to
> restore carpet appearance. The bacteria in the AIP eats the urine, and
> no one (incl the cat) can smell it. Amazing stuff, I highly recommend
> it.
>
> Beth

November 9th 05, 12:35 AM
Check out http://www.catdoctorstore.com/c-antiickypoo.html

A few other sites sell it too. The stuff is amazing.