PDA

View Full Version : Maine Coon Mix behavior


CattGirlie via CatKB.com
November 8th 05, 11:13 AM
Hi,
I am a registered vet tech and also a 2nd year vet student and I have "Simon"
who I have fostered since he was 3 weeks old and was found in a dumpster by
some clients at our emergency clinic where I work.

He is a DLH although I am starting to suspect he is mixed with Maine Coon as
he has always been VERY long. He's big and fluffy and maybe a few pounds over
weight but mainly he is just LONG. He is also very smart, as he has to wake
me up when he is hungry for breakfast by batting my head with his paw or
throwing items to the floor.

He doesn't meow....only "Coos" and is sometimes rather stubborn about
behaving!!
He LOVES to play and has the most fun chasing my tabby mix, Velcro, around
the room at night much to Velcro's chagrin!!

He drinks lots of water and has quite the indearing personality......
He's got a VERY fluffy tale and coat but not quite as fluffy as my friend's
purebred, however, I think maybe this could be due to his being a mix? OH and
he is orange and white.
Does anyone have any thoughts for me?
Erin

CatNipped
November 8th 05, 01:50 PM
"CattGirlie via CatKB.com" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Hi,
> I am a registered vet tech and also a 2nd year vet student and I have
"Simon"
> who I have fostered since he was 3 weeks old and was found in a dumpster
by
> some clients at our emergency clinic where I work.
>
> He is a DLH although I am starting to suspect he is mixed with Maine Coon
as
> he has always been VERY long. He's big and fluffy and maybe a few pounds
over
> weight but mainly he is just LONG. He is also very smart, as he has to
wake
> me up when he is hungry for breakfast by batting my head with his paw or
> throwing items to the floor.
>
> He doesn't meow....only "Coos" and is sometimes rather stubborn about
> behaving!!
> He LOVES to play and has the most fun chasing my tabby mix, Velcro, around
> the room at night much to Velcro's chagrin!!
>
> He drinks lots of water and has quite the indearing personality......
> He's got a VERY fluffy tale and coat but not quite as fluffy as my
friend's
> purebred, however, I think maybe this could be due to his being a mix? OH
and
> he is orange and white.
> Does anyone have any thoughts for me?
> Erin

He sounds just like my Sammy girl who has *LOTS* of Maine Coon heritage.
She exhibits every trait of the breed: First, she's huge - 15 pounds at a
year and a half and they continue to grow until they are 3 to 5 years old)!
She has a long, *thick* coat that sheds water like a duck (you could pour a
glass of water on her back and it will just bead up and roll off); she has
huge feet (her paw pad can completely cover the palm of my hand), she has a
magnificent "ruff" on a very thick neck; she has a long, looooooooong,
fluffy tail that she can warp around her entire body; heavily furred and
very mobile ears' large round eyes. In other words, all the physical traits
that allow Maine Coons to live comfortably in Maine where it gets *VERY*
cold and wet.

Personality traits are: she has a *TINY* little "meep" instead of a meow -
hilarious to hear that coming out of this 15 pound cat), she loves to play
in water, she loves to "help" with anything you're doing but she would
rather be lying next to me than on my lap (unless she wants to suck her toe
for a bit, for that she sits on (or rather "overlaps") my lap); she's very
pleasant to everyone, people and cats, and while she's *VERY* playful, she's
never mean or upset with anyone - "easy going" is how I would describe her
personality.

Here's a link that goes into more detail:

http://www.fanciers.com/breed-faqs/maine-coon-faq.html

Hugs,

CatNipped

CatNipped
November 8th 05, 01:56 PM
"CattGirlie via CatKB.com" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Hi,
> I am a registered vet tech and also a 2nd year vet student and I have
"Simon"
> who I have fostered since he was 3 weeks old and was found in a dumpster
by
> some clients at our emergency clinic where I work.
>
> He is a DLH although I am starting to suspect he is mixed with Maine Coon
as
> he has always been VERY long. He's big and fluffy and maybe a few pounds
over
> weight but mainly he is just LONG. He is also very smart, as he has to
wake
> me up when he is hungry for breakfast by batting my head with his paw or
> throwing items to the floor.
>
> He doesn't meow....only "Coos" and is sometimes rather stubborn about
> behaving!!
> He LOVES to play and has the most fun chasing my tabby mix, Velcro, around
> the room at night much to Velcro's chagrin!!
>
> He drinks lots of water and has quite the indearing personality......
> He's got a VERY fluffy tale and coat but not quite as fluffy as my
friend's
> purebred, however, I think maybe this could be due to his being a mix? OH
and
> he is orange and white.
> Does anyone have any thoughts for me?
> Erin

Also, here are some pictures of Sammy:

http://www.possibleplaces.com/CatNipped/Sammy19/

Hugs,

CatNipped

CattGirlie via CatKB.com
November 8th 05, 11:28 PM
Thanks for the info!!
I forgot there were a few other reasons I suspect this of Simon. When I was
fostering him, I thought he was 3 weeks old as his development was about that,
however he took FOREVER to wean and even though when he was 6 weeks and still
drinking from bottle, he was HUGE! I worried for a while that maybe I had
accidently started fostering a Bob Cat! haha

I think the water beads of Simon's coat as well.....IT is funny because the
ONLY two cats I've known to be curled up the in bathroom sink are Simon and
my friend's Maine Coon, Simba. When I find Simon curled up in the sink, I
sometimes turn on the water very low and let the water drip over his fur and
of course he barely feels it!!
Someone mentioned about their maine coon sitting on their haunches to look
out the window and Simon will do that! haha He won't jump on the window sill
maybe because he is so large? Although he does like to climb around in the
apartment.
And just as an aside, Simon has a funny fetish for feet! He loved to rub on
them, he loves to lick plastic flip flops and he likes to attack them!!

Anytime people see Simon they are like, Whoa, that's a BIG cat....yet he's
only 16-17# (Could stand to lose a couple pounds) but mainly I think it's
because he is LOONNG and of course his long fur. He's also got the most
beautiful long feathers coming form his toes....
Sammy sounds very cute as well!! It is soo funny how such big cats can have
just small voices!
Erin

CatNipped wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I am a registered vet tech and also a 2nd year vet student and I have "Simon"
>[quoted text clipped - 18 lines]
>> Does anyone have any thoughts for me?
>> Erin
>
>He sounds just like my Sammy girl who has *LOTS* of Maine Coon heritage.
>She exhibits every trait of the breed: First, she's huge - 15 pounds at a
>year and a half and they continue to grow until they are 3 to 5 years old)!
>She has a long, *thick* coat that sheds water like a duck (you could pour a
>glass of water on her back and it will just bead up and roll off); she has
>huge feet (her paw pad can completely cover the palm of my hand), she has a
>magnificent "ruff" on a very thick neck; she has a long, looooooooong,
>fluffy tail that she can warp around her entire body; heavily furred and
>very mobile ears' large round eyes. In other words, all the physical traits
>that allow Maine Coons to live comfortably in Maine where it gets *VERY*
>cold and wet.
>
>Personality traits are: she has a *TINY* little "meep" instead of a meow -
>hilarious to hear that coming out of this 15 pound cat), she loves to play
>in water, she loves to "help" with anything you're doing but she would
>rather be lying next to me than on my lap (unless she wants to suck her toe
>for a bit, for that she sits on (or rather "overlaps") my lap); she's very
>pleasant to everyone, people and cats, and while she's *VERY* playful, she's
>never mean or upset with anyone - "easy going" is how I would describe her
>personality.
>
>Here's a link that goes into more detail:
>
>http://www.fanciers.com/breed-faqs/maine-coon-faq.html
>
>Hugs,
>
>CatNipped


--
Message posted via CatKB.com
http://www.catkb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/cat-health/200511/1

CatNipped
November 9th 05, 01:16 AM
Hi Erin (I didn't notice your name from your first post, I should have -
it's my daughter's name as well).

Yep, Sammy is looooong too. She can stand on her hind legs and put her
front paws on my counter tops. Here are some pictures of her in the window
sill (when she was smaller and could still fit!):

http://www.possibleplaces.com/CatNipped/Squirrel/

You can get some idea from these how big she is. And as far as weaning -
Sammy never was, she still sucks her toe. Here is a short video of her
toe-sucking:

http://www.possibleplaces.com/CatNipped/Toe_Suck_Movie/

If you turn the sound on your computer loud enough you can hear her smacking
and purring! ;>

Hugs,

CatNipped

"CattGirlie via CatKB.com" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Thanks for the info!!
> I forgot there were a few other reasons I suspect this of Simon. When I
was
> fostering him, I thought he was 3 weeks old as his development was about
that,
> however he took FOREVER to wean and even though when he was 6 weeks and
still
> drinking from bottle, he was HUGE! I worried for a while that maybe I had
> accidently started fostering a Bob Cat! haha
>
> I think the water beads of Simon's coat as well.....IT is funny because
the
> ONLY two cats I've known to be curled up the in bathroom sink are Simon
and
> my friend's Maine Coon, Simba. When I find Simon curled up in the sink, I
> sometimes turn on the water very low and let the water drip over his fur
and
> of course he barely feels it!!
> Someone mentioned about their maine coon sitting on their haunches to look
> out the window and Simon will do that! haha He won't jump on the window
sill
> maybe because he is so large? Although he does like to climb around in the
> apartment.
> And just as an aside, Simon has a funny fetish for feet! He loved to rub
on
> them, he loves to lick plastic flip flops and he likes to attack them!!
>
> Anytime people see Simon they are like, Whoa, that's a BIG cat....yet he's
> only 16-17# (Could stand to lose a couple pounds) but mainly I think it's
> because he is LOONNG and of course his long fur. He's also got the most
> beautiful long feathers coming form his toes....
> Sammy sounds very cute as well!! It is soo funny how such big cats can
have
> just small voices!
> Erin
>
> CatNipped wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >> I am a registered vet tech and also a 2nd year vet student and I have
"Simon"
> >[quoted text clipped - 18 lines]
> >> Does anyone have any thoughts for me?
> >> Erin
> >
> >He sounds just like my Sammy girl who has *LOTS* of Maine Coon heritage.
> >She exhibits every trait of the breed: First, she's huge - 15 pounds at
a
> >year and a half and they continue to grow until they are 3 to 5 years
old)!
> >She has a long, *thick* coat that sheds water like a duck (you could pour
a
> >glass of water on her back and it will just bead up and roll off); she
has
> >huge feet (her paw pad can completely cover the palm of my hand), she has
a
> >magnificent "ruff" on a very thick neck; she has a long, looooooooong,
> >fluffy tail that she can warp around her entire body; heavily furred and
> >very mobile ears' large round eyes. In other words, all the physical
traits
> >that allow Maine Coons to live comfortably in Maine where it gets *VERY*
> >cold and wet.
> >
> >Personality traits are: she has a *TINY* little "meep" instead of a
meow -
> >hilarious to hear that coming out of this 15 pound cat), she loves to
play
> >in water, she loves to "help" with anything you're doing but she would
> >rather be lying next to me than on my lap (unless she wants to suck her
toe
> >for a bit, for that she sits on (or rather "overlaps") my lap); she's
very
> >pleasant to everyone, people and cats, and while she's *VERY* playful,
she's
> >never mean or upset with anyone - "easy going" is how I would describe
her
> >personality.
> >
> >Here's a link that goes into more detail:
> >
> >http://www.fanciers.com/breed-faqs/maine-coon-faq.html
> >
> >Hugs,
> >
> >CatNipped
>
>
> --
> Message posted via CatKB.com
> http://www.catkb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/cat-health/200511/1

CattGirlie via CatKB.com
November 10th 05, 01:04 AM
Awww SAmmy is cute!! The pictures lieing on the floor, look just like a grey
Simon!! Amazing!! (Simon is orange and white) I will take some pictures of
him too!
Right now he is lieing his is favorite sleeping pose....on his back, with
belly exposed, almost like je is "Drying off" his belly side.
He's kinda a whimp about mom doing anything to him at home (i.e. trimming his
nails) but is perfect when I take him into work and do it there. He's also a
blood donar at work and is VERY good for that as well. His blood type though
is type A which is typical of DLH's.....I would think Maine Coon's blood
types are typically B, but I'd have ot look it up. (B is common in exotic
cats, persians, himalayen, etc)
Thanks for the pictures!!
Erin

CatNipped wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I am a registered vet tech and also a 2nd year vet student and I have "Simon"
>[quoted text clipped - 18 lines]
>> Does anyone have any thoughts for me?
>> Erin
>
>Also, here are some pictures of Sammy:
>
>http://www.possibleplaces.com/CatNipped/Sammy19/
>
>Hugs,
>
>CatNipped

--
Message posted via http://www.catkb.com

claudel
November 10th 05, 01:33 AM
In article <[email protected]>, CattGirlie via CatKB.com <[email protected]> wrote:
>Awww SAmmy is cute!! The pictures lieing on the floor, look just like a grey
>Simon!! Amazing!! (Simon is orange and white) I will take some pictures of
>him too!
>Right now he is lieing his is favorite sleeping pose....on his back, with
>belly exposed, almost like je is "Drying off" his belly side.
>He's kinda a whimp about mom doing anything to him at home (i.e. trimming his
>nails) but is perfect when I take him into work and do it there. He's also a
>blood donar at work and is VERY good for that as well. His blood type though
>is type A which is typical of DLH's.....I would think Maine Coon's blood
>types are typically B, but I'd have ot look it up. (B is common in exotic
>cats, persians, himalayen, etc)
>Thanks for the pictures!!
>Erin
>
>CatNipped wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>> I am a registered vet tech and also a 2nd year vet student and I have "Simon"
>>[quoted text clipped - 18 lines]
>>> Does anyone have any thoughts for me?
>>> Erin
>>
>>Also, here are some pictures of Sammy:
>>
>>http://www.possibleplaces.com/CatNipped/Sammy19/
>>

Here's a few shots of Bubba...

http://www.sonic.net/~claudel/bubba/bubba.html


He has his quirks too. Lately when he gives permission
for me to share my food he's been announcing it by placing
his ample 21Lb behind on my foot...

Claude

CatNipped
November 10th 05, 01:37 AM
"CattGirlie via CatKB.com" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Awww SAmmy is cute!! The pictures lieing on the floor, look just like a
grey
> Simon!! Amazing!! (Simon is orange and white) I will take some pictures of
> him too!
> Right now he is lieing his is favorite sleeping pose....on his back, with
> belly exposed, almost like je is "Drying off" his belly side.
> He's kinda a whimp about mom doing anything to him at home (i.e. trimming
his
> nails) but is perfect when I take him into work and do it there. He's also
a
> blood donar at work and is VERY good for that as well. His blood type
though
> is type A which is typical of DLH's.....I would think Maine Coon's blood
> types are typically B, but I'd have ot look it up. (B is common in exotic
> cats, persians, himalayen, etc)
> Thanks for the pictures!!
> Erin

Thanks! Actually Maine Coons aren't considered "exotic" like Persians or
Himalayans are. They're about the most common breed of cat (especially when
considering mixed) in the US.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Cheryl
November 10th 05, 01:55 AM
On Wed 09 Nov 2005 08:33:35p, claudel wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav ):

> Here's a few shots of Bubba...
>
> http://www.sonic.net/~claudel/bubba/bubba.html
>
>
> He has his quirks too. Lately when he gives permission
> for me to share my food he's been announcing it by placing
> his ample 21Lb behind on my foot...

He reminds me so much of a rescue cat named Sebastian that adopted
a fosterer friend of mine a few years ago. I went over to take
pictures of her newcomers for the web site, and when I went into
the living room, Sebastian greeted me and scared me. LOL He stood
up, and his shoulders were even with my knees! Just his size made
me back up, and I adore cats. All cats. But his size was
intimidating. I took several pictures of him (and if you've ever
photographed cats for a rescue site like Petfinders, you have to
get them *in their best light*) and after that he wanted to be in
the limelight (and all of the pictures) the rest of the time I was
there. He followed me EVERYWHERE. I fell in love with that cat
that day. I had an FeLV+ cat at home so he couldn't come home with
me.

--
Cheryl

claudel
November 10th 05, 02:35 AM
In article >,
Cheryl > wrote:
>On Wed 09 Nov 2005 08:33:35p, claudel wrote in
>rec.pets.cats.health+behav ):
>
>> Here's a few shots of Bubba...
>>
>> http://www.sonic.net/~claudel/bubba/bubba.html
>>
>>
>> He has his quirks too. Lately when he gives permission
>> for me to share my food he's been announcing it by placing
>> his ample 21Lb behind on my foot...
>
>He reminds me so much of a rescue cat named Sebastian that adopted
>a fosterer friend of mine a few years ago. I went over to take
>pictures of her newcomers for the web site, and when I went into
>the living room, Sebastian greeted me and scared me. LOL He stood
>up, and his shoulders were even with my knees! Just his size made
>me back up, and I adore cats. All cats. But his size was
>intimidating. I took several pictures of him (and if you've ever
>photographed cats for a rescue site like Petfinders, you have to
>get them *in their best light*) and after that he wanted to be in
>the limelight (and all of the pictures) the rest of the time I was
>there. He followed me EVERYWHERE. I fell in love with that cat
>that day. I had an FeLV+ cat at home so he couldn't come home with
>me.

Bubba's a rescue cat too. I'm not sure if he's purebred or not.
His eyes seem to be further apart than most MCs I've seen. Even
though they get to be pretty big one of the personality traits
is a really mellow disposition, which Bubba defintely has.

Speaking of huge cats:

http://www.sonic.net/~claudel/bigasscatcopy.jpg

I found it while web surfing. Some of the regulars no doubt know
more of the story than I do. Supposedly it is not Photoshopped....



Claude

CattGirlie via CatKB.com
November 14th 05, 01:53 AM
OK, trying to figure out to get a picture of Simon to show you....So, I
posted it on my MySpace.com profile which is under .....
Let me know if you can see it....if not I'll email one to you = )
Erin

CatNipped wrote:
>> Awww SAmmy is cute!! The pictures lieing on the floor, look just like a grey
>> Simon!! Amazing!! (Simon is orange and white) I will take some pictures of
>[quoted text clipped - 9 lines]
>> Thanks for the pictures!!
>> Erin
>
>Thanks! Actually Maine Coons aren't considered "exotic" like Persians or
>Himalayans are. They're about the most common breed of cat (especially when
>considering mixed) in the US.
>
>Hugs,
>
>CatNipped

--
Message posted via http://www.catkb.com

CatNipped
November 14th 05, 03:41 AM
"CattGirlie via CatKB.com" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> OK, trying to figure out to get a picture of Simon to show you....So, I
> posted it on my MySpace.com profile which is under
.....
> Let me know if you can see it....if not I'll email one to you = )
> Erin
>
> CatNipped wrote:
> >> Awww SAmmy is cute!! The pictures lieing on the floor, look just like a
grey
> >> Simon!! Amazing!! (Simon is orange and white) I will take some pictures
of
> >[quoted text clipped - 9 lines]
> >> Thanks for the pictures!!
> >> Erin
> >
> >Thanks! Actually Maine Coons aren't considered "exotic" like Persians or
> >Himalayans are. They're about the most common breed of cat (especially
when
> >considering mixed) in the US.
> >
> >Hugs,
> >
> >CatNipped

Sorry, nope, I can't see it. I'm not familiar with MySpace.com, but I tried
searching on your email address and didn't get a result.

I have a web site, so I can post of picture if you send it to me and that
way others will get to see it too.

My email isn't munged.

Hugs,

CatNipped

> --
> Message posted via http://www.catkb.com

CattGirlie via CatKB.com
November 16th 05, 12:32 AM
Hi, OK I posted some pictures to a picture hosting web site.....I think I am
going to put all sorts of ictures into this album but animal ons as well....
2 recent pictures of Simon are here....Plus a kitten and puppy I recently
fostered and adopted out..

http://photobucket.com/albums/c294/cattgirlie/
OK, try this..
Cattgirlie
CatNipped wrote:
>> OK, trying to figure out to get a picture of Simon to show you....So, I
>> posted it on my MySpace.com profile which is under .....
>[quoted text clipped - 14 lines]
>> >
>> >CatNipped
>
>Sorry, nope, I can't see it. I'm not familiar with MySpace.com, but I tried
>searching on your email address and didn't get a result.
>
>I have a web site, so I can post of picture if you send it to me and that
>way others will get to see it too.
>
>My email isn't munged.
>
>Hugs,
>
>CatNipped

--
Message posted via CatKB.com
http://www.catkb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/cat-health/200511/1

CatNipped
November 16th 05, 12:56 AM
"CattGirlie via CatKB.com" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Hi, OK I posted some pictures to a picture hosting web site.....I think I
am
> going to put all sorts of ictures into this album but animal ons as
well....
> 2 recent pictures of Simon are here....Plus a kitten and puppy I recently
> fostered and adopted out..
>
> http://photobucket.com/albums/c294/cattgirlie/
> OK, try this..
> Cattgirlie
> CatNipped wrote:
> >> OK, trying to figure out to get a picture of Simon to show you....So, I
> >> posted it on my MySpace.com profile which is under
.....
> >[quoted text clipped - 14 lines]

Oh my! Simon is one *gorgeous* cat.

I see you're into biking too (seems quite a few cat enthusiasts are -
Monique is into mountain biking). I just got into it earlier this year -
this is my Raleigh: http://www.possibleplaces.com/My_Bikey/.

Hugs,

CatNipped


> >> >
> >> >CatNipped
> >
> >Sorry, nope, I can't see it. I'm not familiar with MySpace.com, but I
tried
> >searching on your email address and didn't get a result.
> >
> >I have a web site, so I can post of picture if you send it to me and that
> >way others will get to see it too.
> >
> >My email isn't munged.
> >
> >Hugs,
> >
> >CatNipped
>
> --
> Message posted via CatKB.com
> http://www.catkb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/cat-health/200511/1

CattGirlie via CatKB.com
November 16th 05, 01:22 AM
Thanks!! Now you see why I think he is mixed with Maine Coon!! He *IS*
beautiful but don't let his beauty fool you into thinking he's not a
*handful*!! haha
Yes, I bought my bike in 2003....I love it but only get to do it on breaks
from school....
I've been thinking about switching to clipless pedals as well....
Cattgirlie...

CatNipped wrote:
>> Hi, OK I posted some pictures to a picture hosting web site.....I think I am
>> going to put all sorts of ictures into this album but animal ons as well....
>[quoted text clipped - 7 lines]
>> >> posted it on my MySpace.com profile which is under .....
>> >[quoted text clipped - 14 lines]
>
>Oh my! Simon is one *gorgeous* cat.
>
>I see you're into biking too (seems quite a few cat enthusiasts are -
>Monique is into mountain biking). I just got into it earlier this year -
>this is my Raleigh: http://www.possibleplaces.com/My_Bikey/.
>
>Hugs,
>
>CatNipped
>
>> >> >CatNipped
>> >
>[quoted text clipped - 9 lines]
>> >
>> >CatNipped

--
Message posted via CatKB.com
http://www.catkb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/cat-health/200511/1

CatNipped
November 16th 05, 03:28 AM
"CattGirlie via CatKB.com" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Thanks!! Now you see why I think he is mixed with Maine Coon!! He *IS*
> beautiful but don't let his beauty fool you into thinking he's not a
> *handful*!! haha
> Yes, I bought my bike in 2003....I love it but only get to do it on breaks
> from school....
> I've been thinking about switching to clipless pedals as well....
> Cattgirlie...

They took a while to get used to, but I'm lucky - everyone told me to expect
at least one nasty fall before I'll automatically remember to unclip before
coming to a stop, but (knock wood) so far I've always remembered. A member
of another cat newsgroup tells an amusing story of her son riding behind her
and yelling "Unclip, unclip" every time they came to a stop sign - she said
she felt like some medieval serf with someone yelling, "Unclean, unclean"
at her! ;>

Hugs,

CatNipped

>
> CatNipped wrote:
> >> Hi, OK I posted some pictures to a picture hosting web site.....I think
I am
> >> going to put all sorts of ictures into this album but animal ons as
well....
> >[quoted text clipped - 7 lines]
> >> >> posted it on my MySpace.com profile which is under
.....
> >> >[quoted text clipped - 14 lines]
> >
> >Oh my! Simon is one *gorgeous* cat.
> >
> >I see you're into biking too (seems quite a few cat enthusiasts are -
> >Monique is into mountain biking). I just got into it earlier this year -
> >this is my Raleigh: http://www.possibleplaces.com/My_Bikey/.
> >
> >Hugs,
> >
> >CatNipped
> >
> >> >> >CatNipped
> >> >
> >[quoted text clipped - 9 lines]
> >> >
> >> >CatNipped
>
> --
> Message posted via CatKB.com
> http://www.catkb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/cat-health/200511/1

CattGirlie via CatKB.com
November 16th 05, 07:09 PM
Really?? awww What is really amazing is how Lonnnnnnng Simon is...He's BIG
but mainly bcause of his bone size....and he's much smaller underneath all
his thick thick fur....
I've tested the waterproofing thing before....yup water just rolls off his
coat! Occasionally I find him curled up in the bathroom sink (Strange sight!)
and have dribbled water on hs fur to see what he will do....He just stares at
it!!
Cattgirlie

Diane wrote:
>> 2 recent pictures of Simon are here....Plus a kitten and puppy I recently
>> fostered and adopted out..
>>
>> http://photobucket.com/albums/c294/cattgirlie/
>
>Simon looks just like a plumper Hodge! It's scary!!! :)

--
Message posted via CatKB.com
http://www.catkb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/cat-health/200511/1

CattGirlie via CatKB.com
November 17th 05, 08:02 PM
Awww very cute = ) Like a "mini" Simon....Although Hodge has more white and
less FLUFF!! Simon's fur is attrociously long... (Luckily we live in an apt
with tile right now where I go to school b/c when we have carpetting and
Simon picks an area that he likes to lay (Such as under bed), his tremendous
coat SATUATES the carpet and then mommy has to de-fur it!! UGH haha
-Cattgirlie

Diane wrote:
>> Really?? awww What is really amazing is how Lonnnnnnng Simon is...He's BIG
>> but mainly bcause of his bone size....and he's much smaller underneath all
>[quoted text clipped - 11 lines]
>> >
>> >Simon looks just like a plumper Hodge! It's scary!!! :)
>
>Yes, see <http://www.slywy.com/pages/hodge.html>, especially the one
>where he's in the bed. :)

--
Message posted via CatKB.com
http://www.catkb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/cat-health/200511/1