PDA

View Full Version : Drinkwell fountains

Lesley
November 8th 05, 12:35 PM
Hiya

Glancing through the CPL Xmas catalogue- I noticed they have Drinkwell
water fountains and I am toying with getting one for the Fabulous
Furballs

So can I ask a couple of questions

1. How good are they?

2. Do they need to be plugged into the electricity?

3. How do they work?

Thanks in advance

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Joe Canuck
November 8th 05, 01:48 PM
Lesley wrote:

> Hiya
>
> Glancing through the CPL Xmas catalogue- I noticed they have Drinkwell
> water fountains and I am toying with getting one for the Fabulous
> Furballs
>
> So can I ask a couple of questions
>
> 1. How good are they?

My cat is very possessive of hers. If I remove it from the floor to
clean it she howevers around until everything is back to normal. Filling
the bowl with ice cubes provides some extra entertainment.

I've had mine for over 5 years with no issues. It has been reported that
some cats seem a little spooked or perhaps ambivalent about them. The
low level of noise they generate may cause this effect.

It may encourage your cat to drink more water. The water is filtered
through a replaceable internal filter and gets a certain amount a
aeration that water sitting in a bowl will not.

> 2. Do they need to be plugged into the electricity?

Yes, if you expect the water to circulate through the spout. It can be
used without electricity, however one might as well continue using a
bowl as use a DrinkWell without electricity.

> 3. How do they work?

Water is pumped with small self-contained pump. The water pours out a
spout and lands in the bowel where it is circulated through a large
particle filter back internally through a finer filter to the spout again.

> Thanks in advance
>
> Lesley
>
> Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Lesley
November 8th 05, 02:31 PM
Thanks for that Joe

As the Furballs water dish is in the kitchen and there isn't a spare
powerpoint anywhere in the house I think they are going to have to
stick on their ordinary dishes. I'll just have to find something else
to spoil them with

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous (and spoilt) Furballs

Snittens
November 9th 05, 03:28 AM
The only problem I have with mine is that it is a PITA to clean. In order
to clean it well, you have to completely take it apart and get in all the
nooks and crannies. I have actually shelved it for the time being. However
my cats do like it and a couple enjoy playing with the stream.

"Lesley" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Hiya
>
> Glancing through the CPL Xmas catalogue- I noticed they have Drinkwell
> water fountains and I am toying with getting one for the Fabulous
> Furballs
>
> So can I ask a couple of questions
>
> 1. How good are they?
>
> 2. Do they need to be plugged into the electricity?
>
> 3. How do they work?
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Lesley
>
> Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

---MIKE---
November 9th 05, 02:30 PM
I had one for a couple of years but my cats never used it. I gave it to
a friend and she reports that her cats love it. The difference could be
that I feed mostly canned food and she feeds mostly dry. With the
canned food they get enough water so they drink very little.

---MIKE---