PDA

View Full Version : Digging holes

name
November 11th 05, 05:36 AM
My nine year old female cat (spayed) constantly digs holes in my lawn
but almost never excretes. I took her to the vet and she said there was
no evidence of a problem. We treated her anyway with antibiotics just
in case she had a urinary infection.

Should I be concerned?

J. Huff

name
November 16th 05, 03:50 AM
name wrote:
> My nine year old female cat (spayed) constantly digs holes in my lawn
> but almost never excretes. I took her to the vet and she said there was
> no evidence of a problem. We treated her anyway with antibiotics just
> in case she had a urinary infection.
>
> Should I be concerned?
>
> J. Huff

Thanks for no help with my problem. I guess my cat isn't important to
you guys.

meee
November 16th 05, 04:24 AM
"name" > wrote in message
> name wrote:
> > My nine year old female cat (spayed) constantly digs holes in my lawn
> > but almost never excretes. I took her to the vet and she said there was
> > no evidence of a problem. We treated her anyway with antibiotics just
> > in case she had a urinary infection.
> >
> > Should I be concerned?
> >
> > J. Huff
>

> Thanks for no help with my problem. I guess my cat isn't important to
> you guys.
hey, some of us have dodgy news servers. i didn't see your post the first
time, but my cat does a similar thing. she digs about 5 holes, quite deep,
then poos in the last one. i assumed she just likes digging, or is a
perfectionist about her toilet. maybe your cat just likes the smell of
freshly turned earth! if you're really concerned, i'd suggest getting a
second opinion from a psychologist or another vet. and take note of what
else she does when she digs the hole. is she eating the soil? does she
'play' with it? is she behaving in a hunting way? is she appearing to try to
go to the toilet? Or is she just digging a hole, then wanders off do do
something else? observing her behaviour, and giving us more detail about her
behaviour when she digs, how many holes she digs, how deep, is she indoors
or outdoors, etc whatever you can think of, will help more people reply.
most people here will only reply if they are sure they know what they are
talking about. i am one of the more stupid ones, so I am just hazarding a
guess and offering a few suggestions. give us a bit more info and the real
experts will com e out of the woodwork with some ideas.
--

One cat just leads to another. -Ernest Hemingway

There are many intelligent species in the Universe. They are all owned by
cats.

Anonymous

name
November 16th 05, 05:05 AM
Thanks for your suggestions. Now I can observe and have more info to
tell another vet

J. Huff

Lumpy
November 16th 05, 05:22 AM
"name" > wrote in message
> Thanks for your suggestions. Now I can observe and have more info to
> tell another vet

Always happy to help.

whitershadeofpale
November 16th 05, 09:38 AM
name wrote:
> name wrote:
> > My nine year old female cat (spayed) constantly digs holes in my lawn
> > but almost never excretes. I took her to the vet and she said there was
> > no evidence of a problem. We treated her anyway with antibiotics just
> > in case she had a urinary infection.
> >
> > Should I be concerned?
> >
> > J. Huff
>

> Thanks for no help with my problem. I guess my cat isn't important to
> you guys.

Honestly? hehehe

nah, maybe they just be false alarms...
and maybe the digging sets her free?

Have you considered giving her coffee with a little sugar and a little
cream?