PDA

View Full Version : Litterbox Poopalooza Festival

RobZip
November 11th 05, 05:32 PM
I now have 5 indoor cats with the appropriate number of litterboxes
throughout the house. All get cleaned daily and completely changed out
weekly with top off amounts of litter added as needed. Two of the boxes are
at opposite ends of the same room.
Whenever these boxes get changed it seems to spark some sort of competition
among a few of the cats to see who can leave the biggest ****, the most
pieces, the foulest smell, in the quickest succession possible. Three of my
cats are family, Sammy the mother of Nacho and Spot. These three are always
in on the festivities. Cassie, my 5 yr old female usually takes part in this
sordid affair as well. A recent newcomer, Bubbles takes note but hasn't
actually gotten in on the action with these two boxes yet.
The target of the attack varies from one box to the other. So, what is the
fascination these creatures have with assaulting these boxes in particular?
Why the drive that seems like an attempt to outdo each other?

Joe Canuck
November 11th 05, 10:01 PM
RobZip wrote:

> I now have 5 indoor cats with the appropriate number of litterboxes
> throughout the house. All get cleaned daily and completely changed out
> weekly with top off amounts of litter added as needed. Two of the boxes are
> at opposite ends of the same room.
> Whenever these boxes get changed it seems to spark some sort of competition
> among a few of the cats to see who can leave the biggest ****, the most
> pieces, the foulest smell, in the quickest succession possible. Three of my
> cats are family, Sammy the mother of Nacho and Spot. These three are always
> in on the festivities. Cassie, my 5 yr old female usually takes part in this
> sordid affair as well. A recent newcomer, Bubbles takes note but hasn't
> actually gotten in on the action with these two boxes yet.
> The target of the attack varies from one box to the other. So, what is the
> fascination these creatures have with assaulting these boxes in particular?
> Why the drive that seems like an attempt to outdo each other?

It is a clean box and they know it. Time to dump that load they have
been saving just for this event.

The trick is to clean the boxes out a 2nd time after they have had their
little fun and are out of ammo.

:-D

cybercat
November 11th 05, 10:03 PM
"Joe Canuck" > wrote

> The trick is to clean the boxes out a 2nd time after they have had their
> little fun and are out of ammo.
>
> :-D

Yeah but they're just going to "reload" at dinner time. :)

5cats
November 11th 05, 10:08 PM
Joe Canuck wrote:

> RobZip wrote:
>
>> I now have 5 indoor cats with the appropriate number of litterboxes
>> throughout the house. All get cleaned daily and completely changed
>> out weekly with top off amounts of litter added as needed. Two of the
>> boxes are at opposite ends of the same room.
>> Whenever these boxes get changed it seems to spark some sort of
>> competition among a few of the cats to see who can leave the biggest
>> ****, the most pieces, the foulest smell, in the quickest succession
>> possible. Three of my cats are family, Sammy the mother of Nacho and
>> Spot. These three are always in on the festivities. Cassie, my 5 yr
>> old female usually takes part in this sordid affair as well. A recent
>> newcomer, Bubbles takes note but hasn't actually gotten in on the
>> action with these two boxes yet. The target of the attack varies from
>> one box to the other. So, what is the fascination these creatures
>> have with assaulting these boxes in particular? Why the drive that
>> seems like an attempt to outdo each other?

Maybe it's some sort of territory marking issue?

Elizabeth Blake
November 11th 05, 11:45 PM
RobZip wrote:
> Whenever these boxes get changed it seems to spark some sort of competition
> among a few of the cats to see who can leave the biggest ****, the most
> pieces, the foulest smell, in the quickest succession possible. Three of my
> cats are family, Sammy the mother of Nacho and Spot. These three are always
> in on the festivities. Cassie, my 5 yr old female usually takes part in this
> sordid affair as well. A recent newcomer, Bubbles takes note but hasn't
> actually gotten in on the action with these two boxes yet.
> The target of the attack varies from one box to the other. So, what is the
> fascination these creatures have with assaulting these boxes in particular?
> Why the drive that seems like an attempt to outdo each other?

The two cats at my job do something similar. We've got 4 boxes for the
two cats. Two are in one area, two in another. All have the same
litter in them. Two boxes are covered, two are not. There is one of
each kind in each area. Their absolute favorite box is the one right
outside my office door - uncovered. Often one of them will see me
going to scoop and stay right next to it so she can immediately jump in
to contribute. Luckily, they usually just pee. They just hate to see
that box empty. Nobody scoops the box on Sundays, but since there are
4 boxes it's fine. When I get in on Monday, their favorite box is
loaded up; box #2 has several contributions and the other two may or
may not have anything at all. I am not sure why they love this one
particular box. They will go in it even if it's full.

--
Liz

Candace
November 12th 05, 03:53 AM
Elizabeth Blake wrote:

>They just hate to see
> that box empty. Nobody scoops the box on Sundays, but since there are
> 4 boxes it's fine. When I get in on Monday, their favorite box is
> loaded up; box #2 has several contributions and the other two may or
> may not have anything at all. I am not sure why they love this one
> particular box. They will go in it even if it's full.
>
> --
> Liz

Has Harriet's problem resolved?

Candace

Elizabeth Blake
November 12th 05, 07:48 AM
"Candace" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> Elizabeth Blake wrote:
>
>>They just hate to see
>> that box empty. Nobody scoops the box on Sundays, but since there are
>> 4 boxes it's fine. When I get in on Monday, their favorite box is
>> loaded up; box #2 has several contributions and the other two may or
>> may not have anything at all. I am not sure why they love this one
>> particular box. They will go in it even if it's full.
>>
>> --
>> Liz
>
> Has Harriet's problem resolved?
>
> Candace

She's doing great. Regular poops (in her favorite box, of course) and she's
calmed down a lot. She's not too fond of getting the Lactulose & Propulsid
but she really is very good about it.

--
Liz

Candace
November 12th 05, 09:02 AM
Elizabeth Blake wrote:

> She's doing great. Regular poops (in her favorite box, of course) and she's
> calmed down a lot. She's not too fond of getting the Lactulose & Propulsid
> but she really is very good about it.
>
> --
> Liz

That's great! And has the evil manager (or whatever position it was)
left yet?

Candace

Elizabeth Blake
November 13th 05, 02:11 AM
"Candace" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Elizabeth Blake wrote:
>>
>> She's doing great. Regular poops (in her favorite box, of course) and
>> she's
>> calmed down a lot. She's not too fond of getting the Lactulose &
>> Propulsid
>> but she really is very good about it.
>>
>> --
>> Liz
>
> That's great! And has the evil manager (or whatever position it was)
> left yet?
>
> Candace

She's been gone since October 1st. She (manager) had calmed down some the
last couple of weeks she was at work, but I think things are definitely
better overall without her (and not just for the cats).

--
Liz