PDA

View Full Version : tortoiseshell cat

teejay58
November 13th 05, 09:26 PM
This is my first time here. I have a tortoiseshell 6 mo old who is over the
top rambunctious. She chases anything, everything and nothing. Our other
cat is so docile and makes us wonder if Patches is psycho? Any help out
there?

5cats
November 13th 05, 09:32 PM
teejay58 wrote:

> This is my first time here. I have a tortoiseshell 6 mo old who is
> over the top rambunctious. She chases anything, everything and
> nothing. Our other cat is so docile and makes us wonder if Patches is
> psycho? Any help out there?

Of course she's psycho, she's a kitten. Enjoy it while it lasts, in a few
months she'll start settling down.

Gail
November 13th 05, 09:38 PM
Yes, the other poster was correct. I call my 5 month old kitten (not a
tortoiseshell) "whacko jacko." This is what kittens do.
Gail
"teejay58" > wrote in message
lkaboutpets.com...
> This is my first time here. I have a tortoiseshell 6 mo old who is over
> the
> top rambunctious. She chases anything, everything and nothing. Our other
> cat is so docile and makes us wonder if Patches is psycho? Any help out
> there?

No More Retail
November 13th 05, 09:44 PM
a cat is a cat just like women don't try to figure them out just go with the
flow

CatNipped
November 13th 05, 09:48 PM
"5cats" > wrote in message
> teejay58 wrote:
>
> > This is my first time here. I have a tortoiseshell 6 mo old who is
> > over the top rambunctious. She chases anything, everything and
> > nothing. Our other cat is so docile and makes us wonder if Patches is
> > psycho? Any help out there?
> >

> Of course she's psycho, she's a kitten. Enjoy it while it lasts, in a few
> months she'll start settling down.

Nope, tortoiseshells don't *ever* settle down. Mine is 6 years old and
still plays like a kitten. My vet says they have a terrible reputation! ;>

Hugs,

CatNipped

November 13th 05, 10:34 PM
teejay58 wrote:
> This is my first time here. I have a tortoiseshell 6 mo old who is over the
> top rambunctious. She chases anything, everything and nothing. Our other
> cat is so docile and makes us wonder if Patches is psycho? Any help out
> there?

You've reminded me why I am so fond of old cats. :-)
Enjoy it (if you can). It might get a little worse before it gets
better -- teenage cats can be a pain, too. But like 5cats said, she
*will* settle down. I have a tortoise calico who is the calm, even
"polite". Coat color has nothing to do with it.

Sherry

PawsForThought
November 14th 05, 12:06 AM
teejay58 wrote:
> This is my first time here. I have a tortoiseshell 6 mo old who is over the
> top rambunctious. She chases anything, everything and nothing. Our other
> cat is so docile and makes us wonder if Patches is psycho? Any help out
> there?

My cats are 6 years old and still over the top rambunctious. It's good
for cats to be active, especially if they're indoors only cats. Have
you got a nice cat tree for her yet?

Lauren

See my cats: http://tinyurl.com/76tg8

-L.
November 14th 05, 01:33 AM
teejay58 wrote:
> This is my first time here. I have a tortoiseshell 6 mo old who is over the
> top rambunctious. She chases anything, everything and nothing. Our other
> cat is so docile and makes us wonder if Patches is psycho? Any help out
> there?

No, she's Tortie: The Snickers Cat - half sweet, half nuts. :)

-L.

Rhonda
November 14th 05, 04:53 AM
OMG, we have a tortie named "Snickers!" I had no idea.

Yes, she does fit that description, but we didn't know it at the time.

Rhonda

-L. wrote:

> No, she's Tortie: The Snickers Cat - half sweet, half nuts. :)

November 14th 05, 09:11 AM
Nope, tortoiseshells don't *ever* settle down. Mine is 6 years old and
still plays like a kitten. My vet says they have a terrible reputation! ;>

A Tabby and a tortoiseshell here, Mozz the Tabby about 5, a gentleman,,, if
your not smaller than him, then he will eat you, if he has the chance.
Tilly the tortoiseshell,,, is a kitten, about 4 or 5 human years old, but
still a kitten! Daft as a brush..

Snittens
November 14th 05, 02:00 PM
> wrote
>
> You've reminded me why I am so fond of old cats. :-)
> Enjoy it (if you can). It might get a little worse before it gets
> better -- teenage cats can be a pain, too. But like 5cats said, she
> *will* settle down. I have a tortoise calico who is the calm, even
> "polite". Coat color has nothing to do with it.
>
> Sherry

I have a very sweet tortie too. She is dainty and affectionate with us, but
she is afraid of strangers. Her little quirks are that she likes to be
petted with feet, and she is a thief. Her current thing is to make off with
the babies' pacifiers. (Yes, I sterilize them after this) Depending on how
far she gets with them, she gets to keep them :) Her "stash" is in the
basement behind an old dresser.

whayface
November 14th 05, 03:44 PM
On Mon, 14 Nov 2005 09:00:22 -0500, "Snittens" > wrote:

>I have a very sweet tortie too. She is dainty and affectionate with us, but
>she is afraid of strangers. Her little quirks are that she likes to be
>petted with feet, and she is a thief.

Sound like my tortie Kitty who is about 12 / 13 years old.

My babies:

http://members.aol.com/larrystark/

http://members.aol.com/larrystark/strays.htm

November 14th 05, 04:37 PM
Snittens wrote:
> I have a very sweet tortie too. She is dainty and affectionate with us, but
> she is afraid of strangers. Her little quirks are that she likes to be
> petted with feet, and she is a thief. Her current thing is to make off with
> the babies' pacifiers. (Yes, I sterilize them after this) Depending on how
> far she gets with them, she gets to keep them :) Her "stash" is in the
> basement behind an old dresser.

Hi Kelly! :-) Nice to see you dropping in!
Your tortie sounds just like mine. She is dainty and affectionate with
us too, but really timid with strangers. That's cute that she's
stealing pacificers. I bet you keep a stash of new ones around!
("plugs" are NOT something you want to run out of in the middle of the
night)

Sherry

PawsForThought
November 14th 05, 05:44 PM
-L. wrote:
> > No, she's Tortie: The Snickers Cat - half sweet, half nuts. :)
>
> -L.

Snickers Cat, I like that! :) I gotta say my little tortie is
definitely a sweetheart, but can be nuts for sure.

Lauren

-L.
November 14th 05, 05:54 PM
Snittens wrote:
> > wrote
> >
> > You've reminded me why I am so fond of old cats. :-)
> > Enjoy it (if you can). It might get a little worse before it gets
> > better -- teenage cats can be a pain, too. But like 5cats said, she
> > *will* settle down. I have a tortoise calico who is the calm, even
> > "polite". Coat color has nothing to do with it.
> >
> > Sherry
> >

> I have a very sweet tortie too. She is dainty and affectionate with us, but
> she is afraid of strangers. Her little quirks are that she likes to be
> petted with feet, and she is a thief. Her current thing is to make off with
> the babies' pacifiers. (Yes, I sterilize them after this) Depending on how
> far she gets with them, she gets to keep them :) Her "stash" is in the
> basement behind an old dresser.

Oh! Mimi is a theif/hoarder as well - started when she was a kitten.
It's hilarious to see her steal something and then head off to her
hide-away to stash it.

Here's pic of here when she was younger - I really need to get some new
shots of the kids.
http://groups.msn.com/idontmindsCompanionAnimalConnection/shoebox.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=6

-L.

-L.
November 14th 05, 05:55 PM
PawsForThought wrote:
> -L. wrote:
> > > No, she's Tortie: The Snickers Cat - half sweet, half nuts. :)
> >
> > -L.
>
> Snickers Cat, I like that! :) I gotta say my little tortie is
> definitely a sweetheart, but can be nuts for sure.
>
> Lauren

It's a phrase I stole from my friend, but I think it's cute, and it
fits all the torties I have known!
-L.

Snittens
November 14th 05, 09:27 PM
> wrote
>
> Hi Kelly! :-) Nice to see you dropping in!
> Your tortie sounds just like mine. She is dainty and affectionate with
> us too, but really timid with strangers. That's cute that she's
> stealing pacificers. I bet you keep a stash of new ones around!
> ("plugs" are NOT something you want to run out of in the middle of the
> night)
>
> Sherry

Hi Sherry :) Toffee steals all kinds of small objects; bottlecaps (great
when you wanted to recap a soda), ALL the little mousies, those USB keychain
drives, stuff like that.
My baby Bea, the one that really likes pacifiers, just this week decided she
likes her thumb better. Fine by me, I don't have to get up and put it back
in :)

-Kelly