PDA

View Full Version : pING cYBERCAT RE: Was...Good girls gone wild!


whitershadeofpale
November 16th 05, 09:42 AM
So can I ask about your cat(s)

and, if so, how are they :)

any plans for more cats.

cybercat
November 16th 05, 03:49 PM
"whitershadeofpale" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> So can I ask about your cat(s)

Of course! How very kind of you to inquire about the welfare of my two girly
cats. :)

>
> and, if so, how are they :)

They are doing quite well. Gracie, my little 7.5 lb tabby with allergies and
athsma weighed in last month at 7.5 lbs instead of the 7.25 lbs she usually
is in the fall. She needed an extra Depo Medrol shot this year due to fairly
heavy congestion that my vet felt might result cause or exacerbate an asthma
attack, but that is only three for the year. (It is his opinon that we could
have as many as six shots, one every two months without risking serious side
effects, though he does urge me to keep them to a minimum.) She has had no
sign of eosophilic granuloma complex since last July. (No linear granuloma,
no indolent ulcers on her mouth.) I attribute this to the fact that I have
found some foods that do not trigger allergic reactions in her--every cat is
different this way, of course--and tothe fact that I keep her exposure to
dust, perfume, smoke and other known allergens to a minimum. She has a new
batch of catnip toys and is currently enjoying kicking the snot out of
George Bush and Arnold Schwarzenegger, along with a variety of bug, bird,
and creature toys.

Boo, my tuxedo girl who will be 11 soon, has lost a total of about 9 pounds.
So she is now weighing about 9 pounds, down from 18. She has lost an entire
cat, and is frisky as a kitten. Her fur is amazingly silky and shiny. She is
still on Tapazole for her overactive thryoid but her levels of thyroid
hormone are very good--we had the bloodwork done last summer. She is still
on a beta blocker to keep her heart rate slow and steady, so no more
heart-wrenching kitty fainting spells. She is still pretty radical about her
scheduled feedings--or, more accurately, in between them, when she slaps at
our feet as we pass in the kitchen if we do not stop to feed her, and walks
in to any room where we might be, gives us the little black-eyed-rat-*******
stare of death, and curses us in cat before she turns on her little kitty
heel in disgust and walks away. She has also become adept at conducting
stealth raids on Gracie's food dish, which we now keep where she cannot
reach it. Therefore she has earned yet another name: Abu Bubu, Tuxedo
Terrorist.

No plans for more cats at this time as our little fambly is very happy.



>
> any plans for more cats.
>

whitershadeofpale
November 16th 05, 06:26 PM
cybercat wrote:
> "whitershadeofpale" > wrote in message
> ups.com...
> > So can I ask about your cat(s)
>
> Of course! How very kind of you to inquire about the welfare of my two girly
> cats. :)
>
> >
> > and, if so, how are they :)
>
> They are doing quite well. Gracie, my little 7.5 lb tabby with allergies and
> athsma weighed in last month at 7.5 lbs instead of the 7.25 lbs she usually
> is in the fall. She needed an extra Depo Medrol shot this year due to fairly
> heavy congestion that my vet felt might result cause or exacerbate an asthma
> attack, but that is only three for the year. (It is his opinon that we could
> have as many as six shots, one every two months without risking serious side
> effects, though he does urge me to keep them to a minimum.) She has had no
> sign of eosophilic granuloma complex since last July. (No linear granuloma,
> no indolent ulcers on her mouth.) I attribute this to the fact that I have
> found some foods that do not trigger allergic reactions in her--every cat is
> different this way, of course--and tothe fact that I keep her exposure to
> dust, perfume, smoke and other known allergens to a minimum.

I like the name Gracie, it's old fashioned and strong, yet it is
dainty.

If you live near a busy road, keeping dust down can be a daily chore. I
will never live on a busy street again...it can make you dust 2wice a
day.

about smoking and allergies?

I know a little dog who steals cigarette butts from the ash tray, he
hides under the couch and chews them. His vet says, he's addicted to
nicotine. Sure! Our cats get a good dose of our vices.

I heard about a study that was done; Children who are never allowed to
get "dirty" have far worse allergies as adults, than children who
say.."play in the dirt" and sometimes eat with dirty hands etc..it made
sense to me.

>She has a new
> batch of catnip toys and is currently enjoying kicking the snot out of
> George Bush and Arnold Schwarzenegger, along with a variety of bug, bird,
> and creature toys.

haha

> Boo, my tuxedo girl who will be 11 soon, has lost a total of about 9 pounds.
> So she is now weighing about 9 pounds, down from 18.

well congratulations! I know you are proud, and I know she will
probably live longer.

>She has lost an entire
> cat, and is frisky as a kitten. Her fur is amazingly silky and shiny. She is
> still on Tapazole for her overactive thryoid but her levels of thyroid
> hormone are very good--we had the bloodwork done last summer. She is still
> on a beta blocker to keep her heart rate slow and steady, so no more
> heart-wrenching kitty fainting spells. She is still pretty radical about her
> scheduled feedings--or, more accurately, in between them, when she slaps at
> our feet as we pass in the kitchen if we do not stop to feed her, and walks
> in to any room where we might be, gives us the little black-eyed-rat-*******
> stare of death, and curses us in cat before she turns on her little kitty
> heel in disgust and walks away.

Sounds like tough love to me! lol, She will probably pick up at least
one pound through the winter.

> She has also become adept at conducting
> stealth raids on Gracie's food dish, which we now keep where she cannot
> reach it. Therefore she has earned yet another name: Abu Bubu, Tuxedo
> Terrorist.

Cute!

I wander if they sleep through the night, or do they prowl and pilfer
all night.

cybercat
November 16th 05, 08:46 PM
"whitershadeofpale" > wrote

> I like the name Gracie, it's old fashioned and strong, yet it is
> dainty.

That is the name the shelter gave her. But, being one of my creatures,
she has several names, of course! (Did you know that his wife and
kids called FZ "the man who names things? :) )
>
> If you live near a busy road, keeping dust down can be a daily chore. I
> will never live on a busy street again...it can make you dust 2wice a
> day.

Hepas work well, and good vacuums.
>
> about smoking and allergies?
>
> I know a little dog who steals cigarette butts from the ash tray, he
> hides under the couch and chews them. His vet says, he's addicted to
> nicotine. Sure! Our cats get a good dose of our vices.

They do.
>
> I heard about a study that was done; Children who are never allowed to
> get "dirty" have far worse allergies as adults, than children who
> say.."play in the dirt" and sometimes eat with dirty hands etc..it made
> sense to me.

Well, I sure was allowed to get dirty! And I have moderate allergies,
just dust and mold, no plants, and I did not get them until adulthood.
>
> >She has a new
> > batch of catnip toys and is currently enjoying kicking the snot out of
> > George Bush and Arnold Schwarzenegger, along with a variety of bug,
bird,
> > and creature toys.
>
> haha

To be fair, I presented her with Arnold and Hillary at the same time. (True
story.) She prefers to kick the snot out of Arnold, and now George, but the
latter might be because his catnip is fresher because he is newer. However,
she does work Hillary over every now and then.

>
> > Boo, my tuxedo girl who will be 11 soon, has lost a total of about 9
pounds.
> > So she is now weighing about 9 pounds, down from 18.
>
> well congratulations! I know you are proud, and I know she will
> probably live longer.

Thank you. The challenge was, she was one of the rare FAT HYPERthyroid
cats. Meaning that although most cats with overactive thyroids are skinny,
she was fat when diagnosed. (My vet says it is rare, but it does happen. And
wetted her throat and let me feel her enlarged thyroid when I doubted him.)
SO--she was expected to become even fatter when we corrected it, because
getting her thyroid hormone levels lower meant SLOWING down her
metabolism. But following Phil's (and my vet's) instructions (feeding a
premium
canned food 12 hours apart, and reducing the portion by 1/4 when she
plateaued to get her to lose) we were successful. We are very pleased. She
is well loved by my whole huge extended family and my husband's too.


> > She has also become adept at conducting
> > stealth raids on Gracie's food dish, which we now keep where she cannot
> > reach it. Therefore she has earned yet another name: Abu Bubu, Tuxedo
> > Terrorist.
>
> Cute!
>
> I wander if they sleep through the night, or do they prowl and pilfer
> all night.
>

They do both. They sleep with us, but get to roam part of the house, too,
and they sometimes play together and knock things off of tables or shelves,
usually just before dawn so sometimes wake us up. They used to get to
roam more of the house at night but they found a way to trip the motion
detectors on the alarm system--which are supposed to be set high enough
and in the right places that cats "can't" trip them. Heh. Our cats can. So
now
they are only allowed to play on the third floor.

Did you adopt your little girl cat yet, Barry?

whitershadeofpale
November 16th 05, 09:32 PM
cybercat wrote:

> Did you adopt your little girl cat yet, Barry?

oh it's a done deal, I just need to go over and get her.
She lives right up the street (in a big ol house) but confined to
several smaller rooms.

so what's the holdup? :0

<shakin my head>

We both know Im fixin to get pussy whipped!

whitershadeofpale
November 16th 05, 09:44 PM
cybercat wrote:
>(Did you know that his wife and
> kids called FZ "the man who names things? :) )

who is FZ

whitershadeofpale
November 16th 05, 09:58 PM
whitershadeofpale wrote:

> who is FZ

alt.fan.frank-zappa

Lumpy
November 16th 05, 11:25 PM
"whitershadeofpale" > wrote in message
ups.com...
>
> cybercat wrote:
>
> > Did you adopt your little girl cat yet, Barry?
>
> oh it's a done deal, I just need to go over and get her.
> She lives right up the street (in a big ol house) but confined to
> several smaller rooms.
>
> so what's the holdup? :0
>
> <shakin my head>
>
> We both know Im fixin to get pussy whipped!
>

<G> You better keep that baby girl inside too, unless you're
watching her, too, Barry. But I know you plan on it now that
you know about those dogs.

Lumpy
November 16th 05, 11:25 PM
"whitershadeofpale" > wrote in message
oups.com...
>
> cybercat wrote:
> >(Did you know that his wife and
> > kids called FZ "the man who names things? :) )
>
> who is FZ
>

Frank Zappa!

Lumpy
November 16th 05, 11:26 PM
"whitershadeofpale" > wrote in message
ups.com...
>
> whitershadeofpale wrote:
>
> > who is FZ
>
> alt.fan.frank-zappa
>
There you go. :) One of my major heros. More
due to his lyrics and iconoclasm and philosophy
than his music, though he was a great guitar player
and composer.

whitershadeofpale
November 16th 05, 11:51 PM
Lumpy wrote:

> <G> You better keep that baby girl inside too, unless you're
> watching her, too, Barry. But I know you plan on it now that
> you know about those dogs.

Oh Yeah! For sure.

I put in my call tonight to Kitt's mom, she'll call me.

Kitt broke a leg and recovered. Since then, Kitt will shed when she
gets nervous.
However; Kitt did not shed during her last trip to the vet.

Now we are thinking, the stress from the broken leg is what caused it..
but hopefully that stress is behind her.

She is a Tabby with very Bright eyes (so I hear). Her fur is very
dense, about med to short in length, and she is a good cat; who loves
people. 7 yrs old.
~~
The ferals are munching more than ever! I can't get near them. A friend
of mine has a trap I can use. I've decided to use an existing
cinderblock storage behind my house, it would be purrrfect for a winter
shelter.
~~

cybercat
November 17th 05, 12:15 AM
"whitershadeofpale" > wrote in message
oups.com...
>

> The ferals are munching more than ever! I can't get near them. A friend
> of mine has a trap I can use. I've decided to use an existing
> cinderblock storage behind my house, it would be purrrfect for a winter
> shelter.

I had not commented on this because it seems like a huge project and
I don't know anything about creating or running or funding a shelter.
Do you know where to find help?

cybercat
November 17th 05, 12:17 AM
"whitershadeofpale" > wrote in message
oups.com...
>
> I put in my call tonight to Kitt's mom, she'll call me.

Is this her permanent name?
>
> Kitt broke a leg and recovered.

How did she break her leg?

>Since then, Kitt will shed when she
> gets nervous. However; Kitt did not shed during her last trip to the vet.

Every cat I have ever had dropped hair when it got nervous. Is it
really severe in some way?

>
> Now we are thinking, the stress from the broken leg is what caused it..
> but hopefully that stress is behind her.
>
> She is a Tabby with very Bright eyes (so I hear). Her fur is very
> dense, about med to short in length, and she is a good cat; who loves
> people. 7 yrs old.

You haven't SEEN her yet?? Really?

whitershadeofpale
November 17th 05, 12:25 AM
cybercat wrote:

> Every cat I have ever had dropped hair when it got nervous. Is it
> really severe in some way?

Kitt's mom seems very experienced, but it could be that this is her
first experience with a nervous cat see...so maybe Kitt is quite normal
in this after all.

> You haven't SEEN her yet?? Really?

No, not yet, I knew I would be out of town for a couple of weeks, and
this was the real hold up. Kitt is not a stray, or neglected, so I hope
she is happy here. I can give her run of the house (oppossed to her two
rooms now)..this should make her happier.

Not to mention, I am one helluva guy! :)

Goot God I luv her already!

Lumpy
November 17th 05, 12:32 AM
"whitershadeofpale" > wrote in message
oups.com...
>
> cybercat wrote:
>
> > Every cat I have ever had dropped hair when it got nervous. Is it
> > really severe in some way?
>
> Kitt's mom seems very experienced, but it could be that this is her
> first experience with a nervous cat see...so maybe Kitt is quite normal
> in this after all.
>
> > You haven't SEEN her yet?? Really?
>
> No, not yet, I knew I would be out of town for a couple of weeks, and
> this was the real hold up. Kitt is not a stray, or neglected, so I hope
> she is happy here. I can give her run of the house (oppossed to her two
> rooms now)..this should make her happier.
>
> Not to mention, I am one helluva guy! :)
>
> Goot God I luv her already!
>

You will love having a girlie cat. :) They can be very delicate and feminine
and they mine like creatures that smell like boys much better than they like
other
females. All three of the girl cats I have had flirted their little heads
off with my
male friends, making eyes, mewing cutely over one shoulder while swishing
their
long, lovely tails, etc. You know we want pics so get that camera ready.
Have
you already left town or are you about to go?

No More Retail
November 17th 05, 12:42 AM
Barry it is a huge project to take on are you sure you are ready for it both
financially and mentally

Between my business and the volunteer work I do it put about 80+ hours in
or more


But if you are sure I will get you headed in the right direction

whitershadeofpale
November 17th 05, 12:51 AM
Lumpy wrote:
> "whitershadeofpale" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
> >
> > cybercat wrote:
> >
> > > Every cat I have ever had dropped hair when it got nervous. Is it
> > > really severe in some way?
> >
> > Kitt's mom seems very experienced, but it could be that this is her
> > first experience with a nervous cat see...so maybe Kitt is quite normal
> > in this after all.
> >
> > > You haven't SEEN her yet?? Really?
> >
> > No, not yet, I knew I would be out of town for a couple of weeks, and
> > this was the real hold up. Kitt is not a stray, or neglected, so I hope
> > she is happy here. I can give her run of the house (oppossed to her two
> > rooms now)..this should make her happier.
> >
> > Not to mention, I am one helluva guy! :)
> >
> > Goot God I luv her already!
> >
>
> You will love having a girlie cat. :) They can be very delicate and feminine
> and they mine like creatures that smell like boys much better than they like
> other
> females. All three of the girl cats I have had flirted their little heads
> off with my
> male friends, making eyes, mewing cutely over one shoulder while swishing
> their
> long, lovely tails, etc. You know we want pics so get that camera ready.
> Have
> you already left town or are you about to go?

no, im all up in the house!
im baaaack!

one of my customers has a female cat i am crazy about her (she was
rescued from a hardees parking lot) everytime I go visit, the cat makes
a fuss...I pick her up and pet her...she gets all into it. I think I
will like a female cat.

whitershadeofpale
November 17th 05, 01:49 AM
No More Retail wrote:
> Barry it is a huge project to take on are you sure you are ready for it both
> financially and mentally
>
> Between my business and the volunteer work I do it put about 80+ hours in
> or more
>
>
> But if you are sure I will get you headed in the right direction

I hear ya! and Thanks, but the deal is..

I'm not screwing the cat, I'm just bagging the kittens.

~~~~~~~~~`

"You set it up" my aunt says, "Then get other people to run it".

Then there are these animal coalition meetings?

Oh, they are hyped, I told her, I want to be involved in every way I
can. She says she is going to show me how to set one up, create a
budget, and get the city to pay for it.

currently They adopt out 1,000's of pets per year (guilford co).
multiple 1,000's.

The new Target location is excellent, because the area is nothing but
bored rich folk.
Twill be ez to get the initial funding.

Where do you work? is there a home page?

No More Retail
November 17th 05, 02:00 AM
No home page for ours not sure for the other groups. We are private
organization. I sponsor a cat protection society in Orlando, FL ( nothing
but older cats and unadoptables) I actually don't work ( as in paycheck, )
there I volunteer my services along with financial sponsor backing. There
is a shelter manager there which is actually the property owner who started
the cat society with a few hundred acres and buildings there. I volunteer
at the county shelter nearby. We work with an animal companion service to
place older cats. Our society collects cats of all ages from kill shelters
and place them in the sister communities shelter for placement.

I will email you Barry with details. I prefer to keep financial names and
information off the usernet to many weirdo's besides us are out there.

whitershadeofpale
November 17th 05, 02:01 AM
No More Retail wrote:

> But if you are sure I will get you headed in the right direction

http://www.adoptshelterpets.org/

but hey! type on my friend...
tell as little or as much as you care too!

It's going to be after Jan 1st now, before I even get my feet wet with
the whole pro-cess

The link above is the shelter my auntie co-founded, her and her friend
did it.
I told this already, but just to share it again...they pay recovering
addicts to do the daily routine work(s) that need done. They have 2
vets on staff...I think she told me, their budget was around 225,000 a
month...over a million a year, but the city pays the bill.

whitershadeofpale
November 17th 05, 02:04 AM
No More Retail wrote:
> No home page for ours not sure for the other groups. We are private
> organization. I sponsor a cat protection society in Orlando, FL ( nothing
> but older cats and unadoptables) I actually don't work ( as in paycheck, )
> there I volunteer my services along with financial sponsor backing. There
> is a shelter manager there which is actually the property owner who started
> the cat society with a few hundred acres and buildings there. I volunteer
> at the county shelter nearby. We work with an animal companion service to
> place older cats. Our society collects cats of all ages from kill shelters
> and place them in the sister communities shelter for placement.
>
> I will email you Barry with details. I prefer to keep financial names and
> information off the usernet to many weirdo's besides us are out there.

I hear ya, but check out the link I posted just now...

They make it sound ez to get the city to fund you're operations. (once
things are in motion).

No More Retail
November 17th 05, 02:18 AM
You actually want to start after April 15 tax day because you may depending
on your area need to setup an incorporation

here is some reading for you
http://www.hsus.org/pets/animal_shelters/what_the_hsus_does_for_shelters/
http://www.hsus.org/about_us/humane_society_international_hsi/hsi_assist/shelter_and_advocacy_partners/
http://www.hsus.org/about_us/humane_society_international_hsi/hsis_electronic_library/6_humane_society_organization_and_operation.html



There are plenty of city,county, state and federal programs that you can
write to to receive grants to start and maintain a shelter.
http://www.lesko.com/ do you have some extra cash Barry ; By the way my
real name is Matthew. To get this product I have applied for grants thru
this for my personal business and got them with ease. Even though I could
afford them with no problem it looks good on taxes and insurance.
So much money goes unclaimed every year it is pathetic. My teenagers or
anyone that work for me when they get ready for college I set them down with
their grades and start applying to different places you a 100 here 50 here
adds up none of them have ever paid a dime for college. I just helped one
of our new Orleans evacuee workers get her prescription drugs for free and
her kid need braces $1800 for them Took her to a place that was listed in
the books got them done for $500

whitershadeofpale
November 17th 05, 02:51 AM
No More Retail wrote:
> You actually want to start after April 15 tax day because you may depending
> on your area need to setup an incorporation
>
> here is some reading for you
> http://www.hsus.org/pets/animal_shelters/what_the_hsus_does_for_shelters/
> http://www.hsus.org/about_us/humane_society_international_hsi/hsi_assist/shelter_and_advocacy_partners/
> http://www.hsus.org/about_us/humane_society_international_hsi/hsis_electronic_library/6_humane_society_organization_and_operation.html
>
>
>
> There are plenty of city,county, state and federal programs that you can
> write to to receive grants to start and maintain a shelter.
> http://www.lesko.com/ do you have some extra cash Barry ; By the way my
> real name is Matthew. To get this product I have applied for grants thru
> this for my personal business and got them with ease. Even though I could
> afford them with no problem it looks good on taxes and insurance.
> So much money goes unclaimed every year it is pathetic. My teenagers or
> anyone that work for me when they get ready for college I set them down with
> their grades and start applying to different places you a 100 here 50 here
> adds up none of them have ever paid a dime for college. I just helped one
> of our new Orleans evacuee workers get her prescription drugs for free and
> her kid need braces $1800 for them Took her to a place that was listed in
> the books got them done for $500

This is great stuff! I appreciate that.

So I see shelters are funded through a variety of sources. As I say,
I'm not sure how to get a city to put it in their budget, I just know
it can be done, you know...make the locals pay for it.

It just might pay to have a little chat with these ladies; see how they
go about it.
On the average, how many cats do you nice folk find homes for.

No More Retail
November 17th 05, 02:56 AM
over 2000 a year at the older cat society

I would have to check with the county but somewhere about 5000 + cats and
dogs

A lot of good homes are needed every where Florida has an animal companion
society that helps greatly place animals specially the senior citizens.

whitershadeofpale
November 17th 05, 02:56 AM
cybercat wrote:
> "whitershadeofpale" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
> >
> > I put in my call tonight to Kitt's mom, she'll call me.
>
> Is this her permanent name?

<Grin> I'm not sure, I'll have to see her first.

I might name her Mary or something pretty like that.

> > Kitt broke a leg and recovered.
>
> How did she break her leg?

I did ask, but I don't remember how it happened.
Seems like it had something to do with a bookshelf.

whitershadeofpale
November 17th 05, 02:59 AM
No More Retail wrote:
> over 2000 a year at the older cat society
>
> I would have to check with the county but somewhere about 5000 + cats and
> dogs
>
> A lot of good homes are needed every where Florida has an animal companion
> society that helps greatly place animals specially the senior citizens.

That is phenominal...
Why didn't you say so sooner!
That is alot of animals finding homes!

Well, you know a web page is quite easy to assemble...
Maybe it is not of real interest to ya'll...

You know, people could see the pets online...
Like anyone needs more things to do and maintain. lol

No More Retail
November 17th 05, 03:12 AM
Hate to say it that is about average for a shelter here. Volusia county (
Daytona beach ) where they are having a problem with pravo adopt out about
4000 cats a year and around 3000 dogs. Fort Lauderdale and the Miami area
where you see animal cops on do about 10000 a year or more but also do
exotics where we don't


I know website are easy to do but he shelter manager keeps private. I have
asked about even volunteered to pay for it. She does not want it right now.
We want people to go to the county shelters first They call us when they
have an older cat or running out of room. We do this because of rabid
animals; Florida has a real bad time with this and also they have the
capacity to deal with animal cruelty cases considering animal control and
code enforcement are tied directly to them. I also think she is afraid
that all our good work would be used by someone looking for a free ride when
they can afford it.

The society is privately funded by well you can guess by who plus the grants
the she receive for running the shelter. I know animal companions has a
site I would have to look it up

Lumpy
November 17th 05, 04:39 AM
"whitershadeofpale" > wrote in message
oups.com...
>
> cybercat wrote:
> > "whitershadeofpale" > wrote in message
> > oups.com...
> > >
> > > I put in my call tonight to Kitt's mom, she'll call me.
> >
> > Is this her permanent name?
>
> <Grin> I'm not sure, I'll have to see her first.

Ahh, I see.

>
> I might name her Mary or something pretty like that.

That is a pretty name. :) Pretty, but very common. Maybe
Mary Jo or Mary Lou or Mary Queen of Poo. <G>

>
> > > Kitt broke a leg and recovered.
> >
> > How did she break her leg?
>
> I did ask, but I don't remember how it happened.
> Seems like it had something to do with a bookshelf.
>

Ahh, but you have to know. It will help you understand her
little mind and heart, right?

-L.
November 17th 05, 06:37 AM
cybercat wrote:

> Of course! How very kind of you to inquire about the welfare of my two girly
> cats. :)
>
> They are doing quite well. Gracie,

You mean Cheeky/Cheeks.


> Boo, my tuxedo girl who will be 11 soon,

You mean Buddha.

You don't need to make up new names for your cats too. They aren't
mentally ill like you are and they don't lie to the cops.

-L.

Incase there is any doubt from the peanut gallery:
Path:
g2news1.google.com!news2.google.com!news.maxwell.s yr.edu!border1.nntp.dca.giganews.com!border2.nntp. dca.giganews.com!nntp.giganews.com!elnk-atl-nf1!newsfeed.earthlink.net!cyclone.tampabay.rr.com !news-post.tampabay.rr.com!twister.southeast.rr.com.POST ED!53ab2750!not-for-mail
From: "Mary" > aka Mary S. > AKA
Mary .
Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Subject: Cheeky, Boo, and Gnarly: Cats of My House, Cats of My Heart.
Lines: 19
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1437
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2800.1441
Message-ID: >
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2004 06:40:08 GMT
NNTP-Posting-Host: 24.74.178.75
X-Complaints-To:
X-Trace: twister.southeast.rr.com 1094539208 24.74.178.75 (Tue, 07 Sep
2004 02:40:08 EDT)
NNTP-Posting-Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2004 02:40:08 EDT
Organization: Road Runner - NC

If I did this right, you can click below and see them.

Cheeks is the extremely polite, very bright and funny asthmatic tabby
with
EGC or "linear granuloma." She is the one who conquers the rubber snake
and
brings it to me several times a day.

Boo is the tuxedo cat that is severely hyperthyroid and had fainting
spells,
but is now on medication and has a heart rate of 160-170 bpm, instead
of
300+ bpm. She is getting fatter! (She is also the one with
hyperesthesia,
which makes her say "Mow mow mow" and wag her head if you pet her above
the
tail.)

Gnarly is my girl, the blue cream tortoiseshell who died at age 20 in
2001.
Softest fur in the world, not very bright, very vocal, and buckets of
fun.
All of these cats are adopted strays.

http://photos.yahoo.com/crazyaboutfelines.

cybercat
November 17th 05, 05:42 PM
"whitershadeofpale" > wrote

> no, im all up in the house!
> im baaaack!
>
> one of my customers has a female cat i am crazy about her (she was
> rescued from a hardees parking lot) everytime I go visit, the cat makes
> a fuss...I pick her up and pet her...she gets all into it. I think I
> will like a female cat.
>

I think you will, too.

-L.
November 17th 05, 06:03 PM
-L. wrote:

Replying to my own post. I just realized something...

> cybercat/mary/MPD girl wrote:
> All of these cats are adopted strays.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

A few weeks ago she said her cats were "former ferals".
More lies from a LIAR.

-L.

cybercat
November 17th 05, 06:10 PM
"-L." > wrote in message
ups.com...
>
> -L. wrote:
>
> Replying to my own post. I just realized something...
>
> > cybercat/mary/MPD girl wrote:
> > All of these cats are adopted strays.
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
> A few weeks ago she said her cats were "former ferals".
> More lies from a LIAR.
>
> -L.
>

She's ....


melting down again! :)

-L.
November 18th 05, 08:14 AM
cybercat wrote:
> She's ....
>
>
> melting down again! :)

Haven't melted down yet, cyber****. Do tell, though - How did it feel
welling up those big 'ole coc tears for the Piggy man? Eh? Did it
make you feel "all better" to tattle tell to Big Daddy? Poor, poor
cyber****. No one to love and no one to love you. That post musta
really STUNG to push you that far...

-L.