PDA

View Full Version : Kitten stopped burying stools?

Ali-Reza Anghaie
November 16th 05, 11:10 PM
My eleven week old kitten stopped burying her stools two days ago. There
is nothing notable in them and I haven't a clue why. She just digs a hole,
has her movement, and then moves on. She still covers her urine.

Any ideas? She was doing fine from the day I got her at six weeks.

No change in food, no change in litter, box, etc. Whacky, 'eh? -Ali

DW
November 17th 05, 12:00 AM
Ali-Reza Anghaie wrote:
> My eleven week old kitten stopped burying her stools two days ago. There
> is nothing notable in them and I haven't a clue why. She just digs a hole,
> has her movement, and then moves on. She still covers her urine.
>
> Any ideas? She was doing fine from the day I got her at six weeks.
>
> No change in food, no change in litter, box, etc. Whacky, 'eh? -Ali
My cats stopped doing that too. And I know the reason why....I made
the mistake of getting a litter maid.

Now three litter boxes later I have no clue how to get them to
start burying the stuff again.

Gail
November 17th 05, 12:07 AM
Some cats do not bury their feces or urine. You can try putting her in the
box, showing her the stool, and gently using her paws to cover it. I have
had cats who bury their stool and not their urine. Also, I have had cats
that did not bury any of their waste.
Gail
"Ali-Reza Anghaie" > wrote in message
> My eleven week old kitten stopped burying her stools two days ago. There
> is nothing notable in them and I haven't a clue why. She just digs a hole,
> has her movement, and then moves on. She still covers her urine.
>
> Any ideas? She was doing fine from the day I got her at six weeks.
>
> No change in food, no change in litter, box, etc. Whacky, 'eh? -Ali

---MIKE---
November 17th 05, 12:14 AM
Tiger usually buries his stools but every once in a while he doesn't.
????

---MIKE---
>>In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
>> (44 15' N - Elevation 1580')

Diana
November 17th 05, 01:43 AM
In article >,
"Gail" > wrote:

> Some cats do not bury their feces or urine. You can try putting her in the
> box, showing her the stool, and gently using her paws to cover it. I have
> had cats who bury their stool and not their urine. Also, I have had cats
> that did not bury any of their waste.
> Gail
> "Ali-Reza Anghaie" > wrote in message
> > My eleven week old kitten stopped burying her stools two days ago. There
> > is nothing notable in them and I haven't a clue why. She just digs a hole,
> > has her movement, and then moves on. She still covers her urine.
> >
> > Any ideas? She was doing fine from the day I got her at six weeks.
> >
> > No change in food, no change in litter, box, etc. Whacky, 'eh? -Ali

Does it matter? I scoop the box every morning, and don't really care
whether it's buried or not.
--
Diana
<http://personal.bellsouth.net/d/r/drdrive/hereiam.html>

Judy
November 17th 05, 03:32 AM
"Diana" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "Gail" > wrote:
>
>> Some cats do not bury their feces or urine. You can try putting her in
>> the
>> box, showing her the stool, and gently using her paws to cover it. I have
>> had cats who bury their stool and not their urine. Also, I have had cats
>> that did not bury any of their waste.
>> Gail
>> "Ali-Reza Anghaie" > wrote in message
>> > My eleven week old kitten stopped burying her stools two days ago.
>> > There
>> > is nothing notable in them and I haven't a clue why. She just digs a
>> > hole,
>> > has her movement, and then moves on. She still covers her urine.
>> >
>> > Any ideas? She was doing fine from the day I got her at six weeks.
>> >
>> > No change in food, no change in litter, box, etc. Whacky, 'eh? -Ali
>
> Does it matter? I scoop the box every morning, and don't really care
> whether it's buried or not.
> --
> Diana

I don't think it matters. Now and then Matilda will leave a stool uncovered
and it doesn't matter to me. I remove the contents of the box daily but when
something is left uncovered, well, it just gets removed sooner than later.
:c)

Judy

mlbriggs
November 17th 05, 03:50 AM
On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 21:32:00 -0500, Judy wrote:

> "Diana" > wrote in message
>> In article >, "Gail"
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> Some cats do not bury their feces or urine. You can try putting her in
>>> the
>>> box, showing her the stool, and gently using her paws to cover it. I
>>> have had cats who bury their stool and not their urine. Also, I have
>>> had cats that did not bury any of their waste. Gail

>> Does it matter? I scoop the box every morning, and don't really care
>> whether it's buried or not.
>> --
>> Diana
>
> I don't think it matters. Now and then Matilda will leave a stool
> uncovered and it doesn't matter to me. I remove the contents of the box
> daily but when something is left uncovered, well, it just gets removed
> sooner than later.
> :c)
>
> Judy

Perhaps that is what she has in mind. MLB

whitershadeofpale
November 17th 05, 03:54 AM
Ali-Reza Anghaie wrote:
> My eleven week old kitten stopped burying her stools two days ago. There
> is nothing notable in them and I haven't a clue why. She just digs a hole,
> has her movement, and then moves on. She still covers her urine.
>
> Any ideas? She was doing fine from the day I got her at six weeks.
>
> No change in food, no change in litter, box, etc. Whacky, 'eh? -Ali

this may have been said already..but maybe she doesn't like the litter
dust?
it might get in her nose you know...this may be what she is avoiding.

John Doe (the dude with lace on his drawers)...claims you can...
dump the litter from pail to pail outside and remove the dust.

Judy
November 17th 05, 05:18 AM
"mlbriggs" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 21:32:00 -0500, Judy wrote:
>

>> "Diana" > wrote in message
>>> In article >, "Gail"

>>> Does it matter? I scoop the box every morning, and don't really care
>>> whether it's buried or not.
>>> --
>>> Diana
>>
>> I don't think it matters. Now and then Matilda will leave a stool
>> uncovered and it doesn't matter to me. I remove the contents of the box
>> daily but when something is left uncovered, well, it just gets removed
>> sooner than later.
>> :c)
>>
>> Judy
>
> Perhaps that is what she has in mind. MLB

Could very well be. :c)

Judy

jmc
November 17th 05, 06:25 PM
Suddenly, without warning, mlbriggs exclaimed (17-Nov-05 2:50 AM):
> On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 21:32:00 -0500, Judy wrote:
>

>>"Diana" > wrote in message
>>
>>>Does it matter? I scoop the box every morning, and don't really care
>>>whether it's buried or not.
>>>--
>>>Diana
>>
>>I don't think it matters. Now and then Matilda will leave a stool
>>uncovered and it doesn't matter to me. I remove the contents of the box
>>daily but when something is left uncovered, well, it just gets removed
>>sooner than later.
>>:c)
>>
>>Judy
>

> Perhaps that is what she has in mind. MLB

I'm pretty sure that's what Meep has in mind. In general, she buries if
she uses the box when we're not home, and doesn't bury when we are.

I was just noticing this myself a week or so ago.

Smart cat :)

jmc

mlbriggs
November 17th 05, 08:13 PM
On Thu, 17 Nov 2005 17:25:32 +0000, jmc wrote:

> Suddenly, without warning, mlbriggs exclaimed (17-Nov-05 2:50 AM):

>>>I don't think it matters. Now and then Matilda will leave a stool
>>>uncovered and it doesn't matter to me. I remove the contents of the box
>>>daily but when something is left uncovered, well, it just gets removed
>>>sooner than later.
>>>:c)
>>>
>>>Judy
>>

>> Perhaps that is what she has in mind. MLB
>>

> I'm pretty sure that's what Meep has in mind. In general, she buries if
> she uses the box when we're not home, and doesn't bury when we are.
>
> I was just noticing this myself a week or so ago.
>
> Smart cat :)
>
> jmc

Speaking of smart cats -- I had to buy a new collar for TuTu . Last
evening I showed her the new collar she inspected it
and walked over to the window to watch the birds. Then I asked her if
she would let meowmie put it on her neck to prove that she was my kitty
always. She thought a minute, then murrrped, walked across the room
jumped in my lap and let me put the collar around her neck.

I swear she understands English. MLB

Dr.Carla,DVM
November 17th 05, 08:35 PM
Cats totally understand English, but let on only when it is beneficial to
themselves....

"mlbriggs" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 17 Nov 2005 17:25:32 +0000, jmc wrote:
>
>> Suddenly, without warning, mlbriggs exclaimed (17-Nov-05 2:50 AM):

>>> Perhaps that is what she has in mind. MLB
>>>

>> I'm pretty sure that's what Meep has in mind. In general, she buries if
>> she uses the box when we're not home, and doesn't bury when we are.
>>
>> I was just noticing this myself a week or so ago.
>>
>> Smart cat :)
>>
>> jmc
>
> Speaking of smart cats -- I had to buy a new collar for TuTu . Last
> evening I showed her the new collar she inspected it
> and walked over to the window to watch the birds. Then I asked her if
> she would let meowmie put it on her neck to prove that she was my kitty
> always. She thought a minute, then murrrped, walked across the room
> jumped in my lap and let me put the collar around her neck.
>

> I swear she understands English. MLB

Ali-Reza Anghaie
November 18th 05, 02:49 PM
In alt.pets.cats Diana > wrote:
> Does it matter? I scoop the box every morning, and don't really care
> whether it's buried or not.

I scoop in the morning and at night. What happens is that when she goes
back she sometimes steps in the stool then tries desperately to cover
her tracks. It bothers her more than me.

-Ali

cybercat
November 18th 05, 05:29 PM
"Ali-Reza Anghaie" > wrote in message
> In alt.pets.cats Diana > wrote:
> > Does it matter? I scoop the box every morning, and don't really care
> > whether it's buried or not.
>
> I scoop in the morning and at night. What happens is that when she goes
> back she sometimes steps in the stool then tries desperately to cover
> her tracks. It bothers her more than me.

Ali--when my cat began doing this, I cured her of it in a few days.
Whenever I noticed the uncovered stool, I went to her, gently
picked her up, carried her to the litter box, put her in, very gently
took her paws and covered up the stool while praising her and
petting her. I only had to do it a few times. Whenever she relapsed,
I did it again. She covered it up the last ten years of her life.

Lumpy
November 18th 05, 05:41 PM
"Ali-Reza Anghaie" > wrote in message
> In alt.pets.cats Diana > wrote:
> > Does it matter? I scoop the box every morning, and don't really care
> > whether it's buried or not.
>
> I scoop in the morning and at night. What happens is that when she goes
> back she sometimes steps in the stool then tries desperately to cover
> her tracks. It bothers her more than me.

Well, it bothered me when my cat did not bury her waste. It stank,
for one thing. And until kitty is paying the bills, I am going to decide
when I scoop the box! Once I had company and she laid a big
one. It was embarrassing. It's much better if they cover it up.
If you show them what you want and praise them, and repeat
it until they get it, they will cover it up. Cats want to please us,
at least part of the time. :)

-L.
November 18th 05, 07:43 PM
Lumpy wrote:
> "Ali-Reza Anghaie" > wrote in message
> > In alt.pets.cats Diana > wrote:
> > > Does it matter? I scoop the box every morning, and don't really care
> > > whether it's buried or not.
> >
> > I scoop in the morning and at night. What happens is that when she goes
> > back she sometimes steps in the stool then tries desperately to cover
> > her tracks. It bothers her more than me.
>

> Well, it bothered me when my cat did not bury her waste. It stank,
> for one thing. And until kitty is paying the bills, I am going to decide
> when I scoop the box! Once I had company and she laid a big
> one. It was embarrassing. It's much better if they cover it up.
> If you show them what you want and praise them, and repeat
> it until they get it, they will cover it up. Cats want to please us,
> at least part of the time. :)

That's almost exactly what you said in the post above when you were
posting as cybercat:

"Ali--when my cat began doing this, I cured her of it in a few days.
Whenever I noticed the uncovered stool, I went to her, gently
picked her up, carried her to the litter box, put her in, very gently
took her paws and covered up the stool while praising her and
petting her. I only had to do it a few times. Whenever she relapsed,
I did it again. She covered it up the last ten years of her life. "

Why do you continue to pretend you are two separate posters, posting
your comments twice to the same thread, wasting bandwidth as well as
every other reader's time? Is it that your narcissism takes over and
you think everyone *wants* to read your inane comments twice? Is it
that you really *do* suffer from MPD, and you simply cannot help
yourself? Or are you just stupid and just don't realize you have
already replied?

-L.

cybercat
November 18th 05, 07:53 PM
"-L." > wrote in message
oups.com...

> Lumpy wrote:
> > >
> > > I scoop in the morning and at night. What happens is that when she
goes
> > > back she sometimes steps in the stool then tries desperately to cover
> > > her tracks. It bothers her more than me.
> >

> > Well, it bothered me when my cat did not bury her waste. It stank,
> > for one thing. And until kitty is paying the bills, I am going to decide
> > when I scoop the box! Once I had company and she laid a big
> > one. It was embarrassing. It's much better if they cover it up.
> > If you show them what you want and praise them, and repeat
> > it until they get it, they will cover it up. Cats want to please us,
> > at least part of the time. :)
>
> That's almost exactly what you said in the post above when you were
> posting as cybercat:

You are just brilliant! You have found me out. I have many posting names.

Why? Because I can. I love to exercise my creativity.

You might want to try it. It might just dispel some of that anger that
radiates from your unhappy life.

HTH.

-L.
November 18th 05, 09:36 PM
cybercat wrote:
> "-L." > wrote in message
> oups.com...
> >
> > Lumpy wrote:
> > > "Ali-Reza Anghaie" > wrote in message
> You are just brilliant! You have found me out. I have many posting names.
>
> Why? Because I can. I love to exercise my creativity.

Still doesn't answer the question. Why post the same drivel twice in
reply to the same post? Afraid no one takes you seriously? Think if
you post it twice someone will actually listen to you?

> You might want to try it. It might just dispel some of that anger that
> radiates from your unhappy life.

I'm not the one going ballistic and calling the piggies over a flame
war, Mary, I mean Topaz, I mean, whomever you are today....We all know
who the one with emotional problems is.

-L.