PDA

View Full Version : My new cat...Blimpo...


November 17th 05, 10:15 PM
Greetings ~

Well, back in early September, Fatass finally lost her battle with CRF.
She was tough right to the end, but she was blind, did not eat
anymore, and her back legs were not really working anymore. One of the
hardest things I have ever done, but I was proud to fight for her
throughout her last months.

Anyway, last month I went to the Boston Animal Rescue League just to
look, and Blimpo spoke to me. I spend about 1/2 hour with him in one
of their walk in cages, and decided he should come home.

He is a 7 year old tub that they named "Papa Gino," black and sable
striped, a handsome boy, and I had a feeling his days in the shelter
were numbered. He was the oldest cat their by far, was sneezing, had a
patch of fur shaved off his lower back (too fat to reach it to clean
himself), was on prescription food, and had been in the shelter nearly
a month. He had a clean bill of health (aside from being "grossly
overweight" according to his notes).

Anyway, after only 2 days, he made the house his own - it is nice to
see a cat eat and play again.

He weighs 17 pounds. What a whale. I have him on 1/2 wet food and 1/2
Nutro weight management - their vet said . He is strong and active -
can jump to 4 foot counters and loves to hunt toys and the flashlight
beam. I have been working him up and down the stairs with the light to
develop some muscle and stamina and lose some of the blubber.

He is a good cat.


Bluesman

CatNipped
November 17th 05, 10:22 PM
> wrote in message
oups.com...
> Greetings ~
>
> Well, back in early September, Fatass finally lost her battle with CRF.
> She was tough right to the end, but she was blind, did not eat
> anymore, and her back legs were not really working anymore. One of the
> hardest things I have ever done, but I was proud to fight for her
> throughout her last months.
>
> Anyway, last month I went to the Boston Animal Rescue League just to
> look, and Blimpo spoke to me. I spend about 1/2 hour with him in one
> of their walk in cages, and decided he should come home.
>
> He is a 7 year old tub that they named "Papa Gino," black and sable
> striped, a handsome boy, and I had a feeling his days in the shelter
> were numbered. He was the oldest cat their by far, was sneezing, had a
> patch of fur shaved off his lower back (too fat to reach it to clean
> himself), was on prescription food, and had been in the shelter nearly
> a month. He had a clean bill of health (aside from being "grossly
> overweight" according to his notes).
>
> Anyway, after only 2 days, he made the house his own - it is nice to
> see a cat eat and play again.
>
> He weighs 17 pounds. What a whale. I have him on 1/2 wet food and 1/2
> Nutro weight management - their vet said . He is strong and active -
> can jump to 4 foot counters and loves to hunt toys and the flashlight
> beam. I have been working him up and down the stairs with the light to
> develop some muscle and stamina and lose some of the blubber.
>
> He is a good cat.
>
>
> Bluesman

Con-cat-ulations, Bluesman! It's so nice to hear of someone adopting an
older cat rather than a kitten. There's a special place in heaven reserved
for people like you!

Hugs,

CatNipped

cybercat
November 17th 05, 10:36 PM
> wrote:
>
> He weighs 17 pounds. What a whale. I have him on 1/2 wet food and 1/2
> Nutro weight management - their vet said . He is strong and active -
> can jump to 4 foot counters and loves to hunt toys and the flashlight
> beam. I have been working him up and down the stairs with the light to
> develop some muscle and stamina and lose some of the blubber.
>
> He is a good cat.
>

Good on you. Once Blimpo settles in, you might want to try the
diet that took my cat from 18 pounds to 9 pounds safely.

It's simple: canned food only, 12 hours apart. Begin by putting
down a bit more than he needs then cut it by 1/4 and stick with
it until he plateaus. Lots of fresh water, and he will be back
in fighting form. It also made my cat's fur shiny and softer.
(I feed Fancy Feast, too. Far from a "premium" food but
still a good quality food.)

Karen
November 17th 05, 10:37 PM
Heh. You are a good person. YOu could be a personal cat trainer! I"m glad
you aren't letting all that experience you gained go to waste. Congrats on
Blimpo (although I hope you can change his name one day).

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> Greetings ~
>
> Well, back in early September, Fatass finally lost her battle with CRF.
> She was tough right to the end, but she was blind, did not eat
> anymore, and her back legs were not really working anymore. One of the
> hardest things I have ever done, but I was proud to fight for her
> throughout her last months.
>
> Anyway, last month I went to the Boston Animal Rescue League just to
> look, and Blimpo spoke to me. I spend about 1/2 hour with him in one
> of their walk in cages, and decided he should come home.
>
> He is a 7 year old tub that they named "Papa Gino," black and sable
> striped, a handsome boy, and I had a feeling his days in the shelter
> were numbered. He was the oldest cat their by far, was sneezing, had a
> patch of fur shaved off his lower back (too fat to reach it to clean
> himself), was on prescription food, and had been in the shelter nearly
> a month. He had a clean bill of health (aside from being "grossly
> overweight" according to his notes).
>
> Anyway, after only 2 days, he made the house his own - it is nice to
> see a cat eat and play again.
>
> He weighs 17 pounds. What a whale. I have him on 1/2 wet food and 1/2
> Nutro weight management - their vet said . He is strong and active -
> can jump to 4 foot counters and loves to hunt toys and the flashlight
> beam. I have been working him up and down the stairs with the light to
> develop some muscle and stamina and lose some of the blubber.
>
> He is a good cat.
>
>
> Bluesman
>

whitershadeofpale
November 17th 05, 10:46 PM
CatNipped wrote:

> Con-cat-ulations, Bluesman! It's so nice to hear of someone adopting an
> older cat rather than a kitten. There's a special place in heaven reserved
> for people like you!
>
> Hugs,
>
> CatNipped

R U Kidding? I'd rather have an older cat ANY DAY!
Yes indeedy!

Lumpy
November 17th 05, 10:52 PM
"whitershadeofpale" > wrote in message
oups.com...
>
> CatNipped wrote:
>
> > Con-cat-ulations, Bluesman! It's so nice to hear of someone adopting an
> > older cat rather than a kitten. There's a special place in heaven
reserved
> > for people like you!
> >
> > Hugs,
> >
> > CatNipped
>
> R U Kidding? I'd rather have an older cat ANY DAY!
> Yes indeedy!
>

How often do you check your whitershade mailbox?

Juls
November 18th 05, 12:01 AM
I'm so sorry about Fatass. I lost Dmitri in late August, and know the
pain.

But how wonderful Blimpo has a new home!!! Yay for Blimpo!

In article . com>,
wrote:

> Greetings ~
>
> Well, back in early September, Fatass finally lost her battle with CRF.
> She was tough right to the end, but she was blind, did not eat
> anymore, and her back legs were not really working anymore. One of the
> hardest things I have ever done, but I was proud to fight for her
> throughout her last months.
>
> Anyway, last month I went to the Boston Animal Rescue League just to
> look, and Blimpo spoke to me. I spend about 1/2 hour with him in one
> of their walk in cages, and decided he should come home.
>
> He is a 7 year old tub that they named "Papa Gino," black and sable
> striped, a handsome boy, and I had a feeling his days in the shelter
> were numbered. He was the oldest cat their by far, was sneezing, had a
> patch of fur shaved off his lower back (too fat to reach it to clean
> himself), was on prescription food, and had been in the shelter nearly
> a month. He had a clean bill of health (aside from being "grossly
> overweight" according to his notes).
>
> Anyway, after only 2 days, he made the house his own - it is nice to
> see a cat eat and play again.
>
> He weighs 17 pounds. What a whale. I have him on 1/2 wet food and 1/2
> Nutro weight management - their vet said . He is strong and active -
> can jump to 4 foot counters and loves to hunt toys and the flashlight
> beam. I have been working him up and down the stairs with the light to
> develop some muscle and stamina and lose some of the blubber.
>
> He is a good cat.
>
>
> Bluesman

--
Email (remove annoying hyphens)
j-u-l-i-AT-e-c-t-DOT-o-r-g

Candace
November 18th 05, 03:05 AM
wrote:

> Anyway, after only 2 days, he made the house his own - it is nice to
> see a cat eat and play again.
>
>
> He is a good cat.

He sounds great. I'm sure he will have a wonderful home with you as
did Fatass. I'm sorry she lost her fight but she knew you loved her.

Candace

Rhonda
November 18th 05, 05:45 AM
I'm sorry you lost FA, I know you really helped her through to the end.

Congrats on your new kitty! Sounds like he really needed a home. I'm
sure he'll get into good shape with you, and have a great life.

I'd love to see a picture of this guy -- I can't visualize him. He
sounds like a character.

Rhonda

wrote:


> He is a 7 year old tub that they named "Papa Gino," black and sable
> striped, a handsome boy, and I had a feeling his days in the shelter
> were numbered. He was the oldest cat their by far, was sneezing, had a
> patch of fur shaved off his lower back (too fat to reach it to clean
> himself), was on prescription food, and had been in the shelter nearly
> a month.

November 19th 05, 06:41 PM
Thanks for the replies - greatly appreciated.

As requested, here is Blimpo and The Bluesman.

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=11/32211381590.jpg&s=x12

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=11/32211400298.jpg&s=x12


Bluesman

Rhonda
November 19th 05, 08:14 PM
What a good-looking cat!

In that first picture, he looks like a velveteen teddy bear. In the
second one, it looks like he wants to bite someone's finger off! :)

Thanks for the pics,

Rhonda

wrote:

> Thanks for the replies - greatly appreciated.
>
> As requested, here is Blimpo and The Bluesman.
>
> http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=11/32211381590.jpg&s=x12
>
> http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=11/32211400298.jpg&s=x12
>
>
> Bluesman
>
>

cybercat
November 19th 05, 09:51 PM
<

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> Thanks for the replies - greatly appreciated.
>
> As requested, here is Blimpo and The Bluesman.
>
> http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=11/32211381590.jpg&s=x12
>
> http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=11/32211400298.jpg&s=x12
>
>

I LOVE tabby cats! He has a very hip expression on his face, too,
like "damned groupies." :)

Lumpy
November 19th 05, 10:15 PM
"Rhonda" > wrote in message
...
> What a good-looking cat!
>
> In that first picture, he looks like a velveteen teddy bear. In the
> second one, it looks like he wants to bite someone's finger off! :)
>

Nooo, that is his "I'm too sexy for my fur" look. :)

Karen
November 19th 05, 11:23 PM
On 2005-11-19 11:41:48 -0600, said:

> Thanks for the replies - greatly appreciated.
>
> As requested, here is Blimpo and The Bluesman.
>
> http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=11/32211381590.jpg&s=x12
>
> http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=11/32211400298.jpg&s=x12
>
>
> Bluesman

He is veeeerrrry handsome!!

Kitkat
November 21st 05, 03:06 AM
wrote:
> Greetings ~
>
> Well, back in early September, Fatass finally lost her battle with CRF.

I have often thought of you and Fatass and wondered how she was. I am
sorry to hear of her passing, but am SO glad to hear that you helped her
through her last days and that you have now given home to another
furbaby who needs you. Blimpo sounds great...enjoy him!!

:)
pam

cybercat
November 21st 05, 06:45 AM
"Kitkat" > wrote in message
. ..
> wrote:
> > Greetings ~
> >
> > Well, back in early September, Fatass finally lost her battle with CRF.
>
> I have often thought of you and Fatass and wondered how she was. I am
> sorry to hear of her passing, but am SO glad to hear that you helped her
> through her last days and that you have now given home to another
> furbaby who needs you. Blimpo sounds great...enjoy him!!
>
> :)
> pam

YAY, it is PAM!!! I have been thinking about you!!

Kitkat
November 22nd 05, 04:25 AM
cybercat wrote:
> "Kitkat" > wrote in message
> . ..
>
wrote:
>>
>>>Greetings ~
>>>
>>>Well, back in early September, Fatass finally lost her battle with CRF.
>>
>>I have often thought of you and Fatass and wondered how she was. I am
>>sorry to hear of her passing, but am SO glad to hear that you helped her
>>through her last days and that you have now given home to another
>>furbaby who needs you. Blimpo sounds great...enjoy him!!
>>
>>:)
>>pam
>
>
> YAY, it is PAM!!! I have been thinking about you!!
>
>
Yes! I am here. I just haven't had the time to keep up with RPCHB. THe
volume of posts def. seems to have increased, eh?

:)
Dudley says hi! ;)
Pam

cybercat
November 22nd 05, 05:32 AM
"Kitkat" > wrote in message
...
> cybercat wrote:
> > "Kitkat" > wrote in message
> > . ..
> >
> wrote:
> >>
> >>>Greetings ~
> >>>
> >>>Well, back in early September, Fatass finally lost her battle with CRF.
> >>
> >>I have often thought of you and Fatass and wondered how she was. I am
> >>sorry to hear of her passing, but am SO glad to hear that you helped her
> >>through her last days and that you have now given home to another
> >>furbaby who needs you. Blimpo sounds great...enjoy him!!
> >>
> >>:)
> >>pam
> >
> >
> > YAY, it is PAM!!! I have been thinking about you!!
> >
> >
> Yes! I am here. I just haven't had the time to keep up with RPCHB. THe
> volume of posts def. seems to have increased, eh?

Nice, innit? :) A clear sign of a healthy newsgroup.
>
> :)
> Dudley says hi! ;)
> Pam

You know the drill. What a beautiful boyeeeee!

Kitkat
November 24th 05, 08:04 AM
cybercat wrote:
> "Kitkat" > wrote in message
> ...
>
>>cybercat wrote:
>>
>>>"Kitkat" > wrote in message
. ..
>>>
>>>
wrote:
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>>Greetings ~
>>>>>
>>>>>Well, back in early September, Fatass finally lost her battle with CRF.
>>>>
>>>>I have often thought of you and Fatass and wondered how she was. I am
>>>>sorry to hear of her passing, but am SO glad to hear that you helped her
>>>>through her last days and that you have now given home to another
>>>>furbaby who needs you. Blimpo sounds great...enjoy him!!
>>>>
>>>>:)
>>>>pam
>>>
>>>
>>>YAY, it is PAM!!! I have been thinking about you!!
>>>
>>>
>>
>>Yes! I am here. I just haven't had the time to keep up with RPCHB. THe
>>volume of posts def. seems to have increased, eh?
>
>
> Nice, innit? :) A clear sign of a healthy newsgroup.

Indeed. We are the paragon of a healthy newsgroup.

;)